Dustin Leighton To Lend His Voice For Another Transformers Project

Transformers News: Dustin Leighton To Lend His Voice For Another Transformers Project

Saturday, September 7th, 2013 1:14PM CDT

Categories: People News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Mindmaster   Views: 16,073

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Dustin James Leighton, voice of Evac in Transformers: The Ride at Universal Studios Theme Park, revealed on his Twitter account that he will be lending his voice for an upcoming Transformers project. However, the tweet itself can no longer be viewed, as he later deleted it.

Oh boy, NEW #transformers script sitting on my desk. Just printed it out! #Voiceover #MWOV


When questioned if this role would be a reprisal of his role as Evac, he had denied it. He also denied his work being involved with the upcoming film, Transformers: Age of Extinction.

So what project could he be lending his voice for? The next animated series? Or something else entirely? Speculate away in the Energon Pub forums!
Credit(s): Dustin Leighton
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Dustin Leighton To Lend His Voice For Another Transformers Project (1516480)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 7th, 2013 @ 3:28pm CDT
My guesses are either Age of Extinction or the new cartoon that's replacing Rescue Bots, since the new cartoon that's replacing TF: Prime won't begin to be worked on until after they see how Age of Extinction performs.
Re: Dustin Leighton To Lend His Voice For Another Transformers Project (1516482)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 7th, 2013 @ 3:30pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:My guesses are either Age of Extinction or the new cartoon that's replacing Rescue Bots, since the new cartoon that's replacing TF: Prime won't begin to be worked on until after they see how Age of Extinction performs.


Mr. Leighton denied that this was involved with Age of Extinction.
Re: Dustin Leighton To Lend His Voice For Another Transformers Project (1516484)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 7th, 2013 @ 3:36pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:My guesses are either Age of Extinction or the new cartoon that's replacing Rescue Bots, since the new cartoon that's replacing TF: Prime won't begin to be worked on until after they see how Age of Extinction performs.


Mr. Leighton denied that this was involved with Age of Extinction.
Maybe he was simply refraining from giving away the truth (like how Bay denied that Soundwave would be the silver Mercedes-Benz in DOTM, yet that's just what Soundwave was).

Or, if he truly is not going to be in Age of Extinction, then it might be the cartoon I mentioned.

Or maybe some smaller project we haven't heard about.
Re: Dustin Leighton To Lend His Voice For Another Transformers Project (1516486)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 7th, 2013 @ 3:38pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:My guesses are either Age of Extinction or the new cartoon that's replacing Rescue Bots, since the new cartoon that's replacing TF: Prime won't begin to be worked on until after they see how Age of Extinction performs.


Mr. Leighton denied that this was involved with Age of Extinction.
Maybe he was simply refraining from giving away the truth (like how Bay denied that Soundwave would be the silver Mercedes-Benz in DOTM, yet that's just what Soundwave was).

Or, if he truly is not going to be in Age of Extinction, then it might be the cartoon I mentioned.

Or maybe some smaller project we haven't heard about.


I'm more inclined to believe the latter two. But you do have a point with the Age of Extinction misinformation (ha, that rhymed).
Re: Dustin Leighton To Lend His Voice For Another Transformers Project (1516665)
Posted by jON3.0 on September 8th, 2013 @ 3:22pm CDT
I've had Transformers scripts "on my desk" before as well and ended up not booking the role(s). Perhaps the reason he del'd his tweet is because he tweeted prematurely. Could have just been an audition or it could be that he didn't book the job he thought he booked. I do know from conversations with my agent who is also the David Sobolov's, Gregg Berger's and Frank Welker's agent just to name a few that many voice actors are getting in trouble and even getting fired for tweeting or posting anything at all about any projects because everything falls under a non-disclosure agreement even if it's not sent with a specific audition. It states in our contracts when we sign that everything received after the time of signing is of a sensitive nature and is not to be shared or discussed with anyone other than the talent (even other talents) nor is it to be shared on-line in any way (such as Twitter, Facebook, etc.). I can also tell you that other voice actors besides myself as well as writers, agents and others are members HERE and are watching what's posted under fake names of couse. So word definitely gets around when information is leaked.

Ending Soon On eBay

transformers g1 perceptor - Time Remaining: 4 days 2 hours 2 minutes 37 seconds
transformers g1 cassettes squawkbox squawktalk beastbox - Time Remaining: 4 days 5 hours 2 minutes 38 seconds
transformers g1 Grandslam raindance slamdance - Time Remaining: 4 days 5 hours 2 minutes 56 seconds
TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM 30TH AUTOBOT HEROES ULTRA MAGNUS,ARCEE,SPINGER,BLURR,KUP - Time Remaining: 5 days 12 hours 36 minutes 5 seconds
TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION G1 REISSUE CONEHEAD SEEKER RAMJET THRUST DIRGE SET - Time Remaining: 3 days 6 hours 9 minutes 17 seconds
TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION TRIPLE CHANGERS BLITZWING ASTROTRAIN ACTION FIGURE - Time Remaining: 5 days 13 hours 39 minutes 37 seconds
Transformers 2003 Universe Deluxe Class: Reptilion Beast - Time Remaining: 3 days 2 hours 26 minutes
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS OFFROAD BREAKDOWN AIR RAID DEAD END SET - Time Remaining: 3 days 9 hours 41 minutes 24 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #159 - Imperfect Specks
Twincast / Podcast #159:
"Imperfect Specks"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, November 12th, 2016
Website Security Test