Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead

Transformers News: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead

Friday, April 26th, 2013 6:15PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, People News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 22,036

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson revealed via a twitter conversation earlier today that he was originally offered the Transformers 4 lead by director Michael Bay. When he was unable to accept due to a shooting conflict with his upcoming Hercules film the part was offered to Mark Wahlberg. Had he been able to accept that would have put him as the lead role of two major Hasbro movie franchises, G.I. Joe where he played Roadblock and Transformers! Unofficial crossover action?

Wahlberg and Johnson can be seen in Bay's current release Pain & Gain, which opens today!

Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead
Credit(s): Dwayne Johnson

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482374)
Posted by Rated X on April 26th, 2013 @ 6:21pm CDT
That would have been so awesome, but instead we got screwed with f**kin marky mark. What a shame, but Rocky had to get his money.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482378)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 26th, 2013 @ 6:38pm CDT
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482382)
Posted by RodimalToyota on April 26th, 2013 @ 6:45pm CDT

I like the Rock, it would have been fun, but Marky's cool with me.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482383)
Posted by njb902 on April 26th, 2013 @ 6:46pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Wahlberg's okay, but had the Rock accepted the lead role, Transformers 4 could had been exponentially successful. Every movie I've seen featuring him were excellent and top-notch.

My favorite is "the rundown".
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482386)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on April 26th, 2013 @ 6:57pm CDT
RodimalToyota wrote:Johnson would just end up killing the major decepticon villian with his bare hands, then pimp slapped Optimus for slacking, and not know what was cooking.

I like the Rock, it would have been fun, but Marky's cool with me.

Haha! :APPLAUSE:

I too would have loved to see him take the lead role. But i'm cool with Marky Mark as well. He's done really well in pretty much all his movies. No complaints here. One good part about this is that there does leave that slight chance of one day there being a G.I. Joe movie cross-over. How bad ass would it be after the credits role they show Mark Walberg eating at a dinner and in walks the rock along with Snake eyes...

"Looks like you could use a hand..."

Specatular!
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482390)
Posted by dabattousai on April 26th, 2013 @ 7:11pm CDT
njb902 wrote:

My favorite is "the rundown".

My favorite was The Tooth Fairy! :grin:
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482396)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 26th, 2013 @ 7:30pm CDT
Wow, he should have taken it. I like Wahlberg, but The Rock would have been f**king awesome in TF4. It definitely would have made him more money and would be seen by more people than Hercules, I guarantee it. Not that he needs the exposure...

...maybe he secretly hates Bay and just didn't want to work with him again...?
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482399)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on April 26th, 2013 @ 7:47pm CDT
El Duque wrote:When he was unable to accept due to a shooting conflict with his upcoming Hercules film

What? The Rock might have been in TF4 except he's shooting a movie about that big TFC Toys Devastator?!?!?

Dear Primus, 3rd Party toys really ARE hurting the brand!

Sorry, I couldn't resist...
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482400)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 26th, 2013 @ 7:48pm CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:

Dear Primus, 3rd Party toys really ARE hurting the brand!

Sorry, I couldn't resist...

Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482402)
Posted by CBratetron on April 26th, 2013 @ 8:01pm CDT
This is why we needed someone new to take the reins for the next trilogy.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482403)
Posted by TulioDude on April 26th, 2013 @ 8:32pm CDT

:lol:
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482405)
Posted by ILL-Star on April 26th, 2013 @ 8:56pm CDT
Would have been a bit awkward had he starred in both. Plus I feel GI Joe needed him more given how the first one was terrible. It would've been pretty cool though. A human character that may actually have done something other than run, hide, and breath heavily.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482410)
Posted by jimlv921977 on April 26th, 2013 @ 9:18pm CDT
Not sure if anyone picked up on this. Two words: Boogie Nights. Okay, Mark Wahlberg was in Boogie Nights where he performed Stan Bush's "The Touch" which was in the original Transformers Animated movie. Coincidence? Maybe The Touch could make it into this movie or maybe Stan Bush can do a whole new song to fit Transformers 4. Who knows.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482424)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on April 26th, 2013 @ 10:04pm CDT
doesnt matter who takes the lead the movie is still going to be more of the same as long as bay has control. Still say the original nest guys should've stayed on, they were the only good humans in the previous movies. Ok keep the sector 7 guy on as comic relief but get rid of the kids.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482426)
Posted by Capt.Failure on April 26th, 2013 @ 10:13pm CDT

Oh really? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0808510/
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482436)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 26th, 2013 @ 10:44pm CDT
Capt.Failure wrote:

Oh really? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0808510/

Jokes on you, I've never seen that movie (not one for comedies, really), therefore my comment still stands.

It did poorly because the Rock had wanted to try one thing different, thus "The Tooth Fairy".
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482444)
Posted by Rated X on April 26th, 2013 @ 11:05pm CDT

But nobody beats the Rock. He is truly the most electrifying superstar in TV today. When he hit that Rock Bottom and pinned John Cena 1-2-3 last year at Wrestlemaina in Miami, you could feel the energy from the crowd. One guys sign said it all "If Cena wins, we Riot" !!! :KREMZEEK:
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482446)
Posted by El Duque on April 26th, 2013 @ 11:13pm CDT
Rated X wrote:All this love for Marky Mark is a surprise to me. I wonder if you guys like Vanilla Ice too ? He did a couple movies. :lol:

While I admit I probably would have preferred Johnson, it's not really fair to put Wahlberg back in the Marky Mark days for comparison. Sure that's where he got his start, but he evolved tremendously since then and will bring considerable star power to the film.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482473)
Posted by Capt.Failure on April 27th, 2013 @ 1:26am CDT
El Duque wrote:

But Transformers if a fandom all about dwelling in the past. Why stop now? ;)
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482476)
Posted by El Duque on April 27th, 2013 @ 1:35am CDT
Capt.Failure wrote:
El Duque wrote:

But Transformers if a fandom all about dwelling in the past. Why stop now? ;)

True :BANG_HEAD:

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Hftd IRONHIDE Complete Hasbro Deluxe Figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 20 hours 56 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers Bot Shot Series 1  Autobot Jazz & Autobot Topspin Lot of 2 New - Time Remaining: 4 days 1 hour 45 minutes 23 seconds
Transformers Action Figure Deluxe RID Robot in Disguise Hightower MOSC new - Time Remaining: 3 days 11 hours 18 minutes 4 seconds
Tarantulas Transformers Collector's Club Exclusive Action Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 20 hours 18 minutes 48 seconds
JetFire Transformers G1 1984 w box-Hasbro Autobot Air Guardian JETFIRE - Time Remaining: 3 days 3 hours 50 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers Universe G1 Blaster Reissue SDCC - Time Remaining: 2 days 11 hours 51 minutes 49 seconds
Transformers Action Figure Deluxe RID Robot in Disguise Wedge MOSC new Unopened - Time Remaining: 3 days 11 hours 8 minutes 18 seconds
Windsweeper w/ Matrix of Malice Transformers TFCC subscription service 4.0 2016 - Time Remaining: 4 days 20 hours 27 minutes 40 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive