Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead

Transformers News: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead

Friday, April 26th, 2013 6:15PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, People News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 20,318

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson revealed via a twitter conversation earlier today that he was originally offered the Transformers 4 lead by director Michael Bay. When he was unable to accept due to a shooting conflict with his upcoming Hercules film the part was offered to Mark Wahlberg. Had he been able to accept that would have put him as the lead role of two major Hasbro movie franchises, G.I. Joe where he played Roadblock and Transformers! Unofficial crossover action?

Wahlberg and Johnson can be seen in Bay's current release Pain & Gain, which opens today!

Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead
Credit(s): Dwayne Johnson
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482374)
Posted by Rated X on April 26th, 2013 @ 6:21pm CDT
That would have been so awesome, but instead we got screwed with f**kin marky mark. What a shame, but Rocky had to get his money.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482378)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 26th, 2013 @ 6:38pm CDT
Wahlberg's okay, but had the Rock accepted the lead role, Transformers 4 could had been exponentially successful. Every movie I've seen featuring him were excellent and top-notch.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482382)
Posted by RodimalToyota on April 26th, 2013 @ 6:45pm CDT
Johnson would just end up killing the major decepticon villian with his bare hands, then pimp slapped Optimus for slacking, and not know what was cooking.


I like the Rock, it would have been fun, but Marky's cool with me.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482383)
Posted by njb902 on April 26th, 2013 @ 6:46pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Wahlberg's okay, but had the Rock accepted the lead role, Transformers 4 could had been exponentially successful. Every movie I've seen featuring him were excellent and top-notch.


My favorite is "the rundown".
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482386)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on April 26th, 2013 @ 6:57pm CDT
RodimalToyota wrote:Johnson would just end up killing the major decepticon villian with his bare hands, then pimp slapped Optimus for slacking, and not know what was cooking.

I like the Rock, it would have been fun, but Marky's cool with me.


Haha! :APPLAUSE:

I too would have loved to see him take the lead role. But i'm cool with Marky Mark as well. He's done really well in pretty much all his movies. No complaints here. One good part about this is that there does leave that slight chance of one day there being a G.I. Joe movie cross-over. How bad ass would it be after the credits role they show Mark Walberg eating at a dinner and in walks the rock along with Snake eyes...

"Looks like you could use a hand..."

Specatular!
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482390)
Posted by dabattousai on April 26th, 2013 @ 7:11pm CDT
njb902 wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Wahlberg's okay, but had the Rock accepted the lead role, Transformers 4 could had been exponentially successful. Every movie I've seen featuring him were excellent and top-notch.


My favorite is "the rundown".



My favorite was The Tooth Fairy! :grin:
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482396)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 26th, 2013 @ 7:30pm CDT
Wow, he should have taken it. I like Wahlberg, but The Rock would have been f**king awesome in TF4. It definitely would have made him more money and would be seen by more people than Hercules, I guarantee it. Not that he needs the exposure...

...maybe he secretly hates Bay and just didn't want to work with him again...?
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482399)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on April 26th, 2013 @ 7:47pm CDT
El Duque wrote:When he was unable to accept due to a shooting conflict with his upcoming Hercules film

What? The Rock might have been in TF4 except he's shooting a movie about that big TFC Toys Devastator?!?!?

Dear Primus, 3rd Party toys really ARE hurting the brand!



Sorry, I couldn't resist...
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482400)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 26th, 2013 @ 7:48pm CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:
El Duque wrote:When he was unable to accept due to a shooting conflict with his upcoming Hercules film

What? The Rock might have been in TF4 except he's shooting a movie about that big TFC Toys Devastator?!?!?

Dear Primus, 3rd Party toys really ARE hurting the brand!



Sorry, I couldn't resist...


Image
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482402)
Posted by CBratetron on April 26th, 2013 @ 8:01pm CDT
This is why we needed someone new to take the reins for the next trilogy.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482403)
Posted by TulioDude on April 26th, 2013 @ 8:32pm CDT
RodimalToyota wrote:Johnson would just end up killing the major decepticon villian with his bare hands, then pimp slapped Optimus for slacking, and not know what was cooking.



:lol:
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482405)
Posted by ILL-Star on April 26th, 2013 @ 8:56pm CDT
Would have been a bit awkward had he starred in both. Plus I feel GI Joe needed him more given how the first one was terrible. It would've been pretty cool though. A human character that may actually have done something other than run, hide, and breath heavily.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482410)
Posted by jimlv921977 on April 26th, 2013 @ 9:18pm CDT
Not sure if anyone picked up on this. Two words: Boogie Nights. Okay, Mark Wahlberg was in Boogie Nights where he performed Stan Bush's "The Touch" which was in the original Transformers Animated movie. Coincidence? Maybe The Touch could make it into this movie or maybe Stan Bush can do a whole new song to fit Transformers 4. Who knows.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482424)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on April 26th, 2013 @ 10:04pm CDT
doesnt matter who takes the lead the movie is still going to be more of the same as long as bay has control. Still say the original nest guys should've stayed on, they were the only good humans in the previous movies. Ok keep the sector 7 guy on as comic relief but get rid of the kids.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482426)
Posted by Capt.Failure on April 26th, 2013 @ 10:13pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Wahlberg's okay, but had the Rock accepted the lead role, Transformers 4 could had been exponentially successful. Every movie I've seen featuring him were excellent and top-notch.



Oh really? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0808510/
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482436)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 26th, 2013 @ 10:44pm CDT
Capt.Failure wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Wahlberg's okay, but had the Rock accepted the lead role, Transformers 4 could had been exponentially successful. Every movie I've seen featuring him were excellent and top-notch.



Oh really? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0808510/


Jokes on you, I've never seen that movie (not one for comedies, really), therefore my comment still stands.

It did poorly because the Rock had wanted to try one thing different, thus "The Tooth Fairy".
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482444)
Posted by Rated X on April 26th, 2013 @ 11:05pm CDT
All this love for Marky Mark is a surprise to me. I wonder if you guys like Vanilla Ice too ? He did a couple movies. :lol:

But nobody beats the Rock. He is truly the most electrifying superstar in TV today. When he hit that Rock Bottom and pinned John Cena 1-2-3 last year at Wrestlemaina in Miami, you could feel the energy from the crowd. One guys sign said it all "If Cena wins, we Riot" !!! :KREMZEEK:
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482446)
Posted by El Duque on April 26th, 2013 @ 11:13pm CDT
Rated X wrote:All this love for Marky Mark is a surprise to me. I wonder if you guys like Vanilla Ice too ? He did a couple movies. :lol:


While I admit I probably would have preferred Johnson, it's not really fair to put Wahlberg back in the Marky Mark days for comparison. Sure that's where he got his start, but he evolved tremendously since then and will bring considerable star power to the film.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482473)
Posted by Capt.Failure on April 27th, 2013 @ 1:26am CDT
El Duque wrote:
Rated X wrote:All this love for Marky Mark is a surprise to me. I wonder if you guys like Vanilla Ice too ? He did a couple movies. :lol:


While I admit I probably would have preferred Johnson, it's not really fair to put Wahlberg back in the Marky Mark days for comparison. Sure that's where he got his start, but he evolved tremendously since then and will bring considerable star power to the film.


But Transformers if a fandom all about dwelling in the past. Why stop now? ;)
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482476)
Posted by El Duque on April 27th, 2013 @ 1:35am CDT
Capt.Failure wrote:
El Duque wrote:
Rated X wrote:All this love for Marky Mark is a surprise to me. I wonder if you guys like Vanilla Ice too ? He did a couple movies. :lol:


While I admit I probably would have preferred Johnson, it's not really fair to put Wahlberg back in the Marky Mark days for comparison. Sure that's where he got his start, but he evolved tremendously since then and will bring considerable star power to the film.


But Transformers if a fandom all about dwelling in the past. Why stop now? ;)


True :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482489)
Posted by Burn on April 27th, 2013 @ 2:53am CDT
Rated X wrote:All this love for Marky Mark is a surprise to me.


Yeah, we get it. Mark Wahlberg use to be Marky Mark and was part of the Funkybunch.

That was 20 years ago and he's gone on and had a strong and mostly successful movie career. Do you really need to bring up in nearly EVERY thread that he was Marky Mark? Could you try joining us in the present any time soon?

Good boy.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482609)
Posted by Rated X on April 27th, 2013 @ 2:41pm CDT
Burn wrote:
Rated X wrote:All this love for Marky Mark is a surprise to me.


Yeah, we get it. Mark Wahlberg use to be Marky Mark and was part of the Funkybunch.

That was 20 years ago and he's gone on and had a strong and mostly successful movie career. Do you really need to bring up in nearly EVERY thread that he was Marky Mark? Could you try joining us in the present any time soon?

Good boy.



As a hip hop fan, I hate all rappers who fail in music industry and then turn to Hollywood to make a comback. Marky Mark, Vanilla Ice, The Fresh Prince, Coolio, Ice T, Flavor Flav, Queen Latifia, etc. The only rappers to be a success in both industries consistantly were Ice Cube and 2pac. Credibility doesnt seem to matter in any other genre of music, so non-hip hop fans have no clue what Im talking about. And like it was suggested above, Transformers fandom have a tendancy to stay with an old school mentality. Hey if you wanna praise the guy, go for it. But dont expect me to embrace this clown just because the younger generation does.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482631)
Posted by Burn on April 27th, 2013 @ 3:33pm CDT
So you're okay with judging people on something they done 20 years ago?

That would surprise me, but I remember who I'm talking to.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482674)
Posted by Rated X on April 27th, 2013 @ 6:26pm CDT
Burn wrote:So you're okay with judging people on something they done 20 years ago?

That would surprise me, but I remember who I'm talking to.


In the hip hop world, scars are permanant. Once a joke, always a joke. Oh crap...

How could I forget M.C. Hammer ? ;)
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482683)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 27th, 2013 @ 6:38pm CDT
Rated X wrote:
Burn wrote:So you're okay with judging people on something they done 20 years ago?

That would surprise me, but I remember who I'm talking to.


In the hip hop world, scars are permanant. Once a joke, always a joke. Oh crap...

How could I forget M.C. Hammer ? ;)


Hammer Time was awesome, your argument is invalid.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482687)
Posted by zatara1701 on April 27th, 2013 @ 6:45pm CDT
Rated X wrote:
Burn wrote:
Rated X wrote:All this love for Marky Mark is a surprise to me.


Yeah, we get it. Mark Wahlberg use to be Marky Mark and was part of the Funkybunch.

That was 20 years ago and he's gone on and had a strong and mostly successful movie career. Do you really need to bring up in nearly EVERY thread that he was Marky Mark? Could you try joining us in the present any time soon?

Good boy.



As a hip hop fan, I hate all rappers who fail in music industry and then turn to Hollywood to make a comback. Marky Mark, Vanilla Ice, The Fresh Prince, Coolio, Ice T, Flavor Flav, Queen Latifia, etc. The only rappers to be a success in both industries consistantly were Ice Cube and 2pac. Credibility doesnt seem to matter in any other genre of music, so non-hip hop fans have no clue what Im talking about. And like it was suggested above, Transformers fandom have a tendancy to stay with an old school mentality. Hey if you wanna praise the guy, go for it. But dont expect me to embrace this clown just because the younger generation does.



It's not often I feel the urge to respond to something someone said out here, BUT as a Transformers fan, a MAJOR cinephile/movie buff and hip hop fan I HAD to say something about this .... ummmm, misguided...post.

First, look at ALL of cinema history and you will see people who jumped genres and careers, even jumping back and forth. Some people its all about the loot, but sometimes its a matter of pushing the envelope as an artist. That being said, let's look at your examples:


* Ice Cube- A pioneer in rap and hip hop, he branched out into movies, first as characters much like his rap personna, ultimately into comedy and NOW family friendly stuff because he's a dad. He uses movies as a branch of creativity NOT for a "comeback."

* Tupac- Made nine movies playing pretty much the SAME character...himself or who he wanted people to think he was...Talented artist? Sure but definitely not Marlon Brando, it's not like he branched out or even starred in runaway blockbusters. BAD example of hip-hop "doing good."

Now onto your other examples of "sell outs" of hip hop that apparently needed tv and movies to "make a comeback."

* Fresh Prince- Jumped to the small screen while he was STILL BIG in hip hop, and now he is a hollywood institution and powerhouse. He didnt mount a comeback, he was big and ran with it and never looked back.

* Queen Latifa- She was a pioneer in rap, being one of the first women to make it big in hip hop. She was acting on TV at the height of her rap career...NOT a comeback, like Will she was just making her mark. Has branched to singing and acting in movies, to include having an Oscar nomination...AND she is still in touch with her hip hop history.

* Mark Wahlberg- Formerly "Marky Mark," he was a member of KNOTB, quit and formed the Funky Bunch. NO ONE will ever mistake "Marky Mar," as hip hop great like RUN DMC, Doug E Fresh, Dr. Dre, etc, etc, so him jumping to movies was more like changing careers and focus. Since then he has forged an impressive filmography spanning 33+ movies acting/starring and a producer of many mainstream productions. Yet again, not a comeback, he simply was finding his niche and stride.

NOW...lets talk about your other examples... Vanilla Ice, Flava Flav and Coolio... NONE of those examples had a huge career or history to "comeback" from. You have a two one hit wonders and a cartoon-like hype-man/sidekick. I hardly call mediocre reality sleazebag TV and horrendous D-level movies (yeah, I am talking about Dracula 3000 Coolio!) any kind of comeback vehicles.

Ultimately, I said all that to say this... before you make some kind of blanket statement about someone or something, especially being a "hip-hop fan," might wanna brush up on your facts, especially since you're apparently stuck in the 90's talking about the Funky Bunch.

Mark Wahlberg will do our Transformers proud given the chance because he grew up at the height of G1 and is a fan. He is an accomplished actor that can play action and serious( Italian Job, Four Brothers, The Departed, The Fighter...we're talking Oscar level talent!) as well as comedy ( Ted anyone?). I like the Rock, but I will put my money on Wahlberg.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482714)
Posted by Rated X on April 27th, 2013 @ 9:34pm CDT
zatara1701 wrote:I like the Rock, but I will put my money on Wahlberg.



While I’m impressed with your knowledge of the rappers on my s**t list, I’m not a hardcore movie buff so storied Hollywood careers are not going to impress me more than good old fashioned street cred. That’s why I respect Pac, Ice Cube but not the others. I can also add Snoop and Master P to the list of movie actors who kept their street cred and still make music and totally have my respect. But Mark Whalberg ? Seriously ?

And movie buffs are so divided that you really cant claim the success of an actor based on their talent. Some movie buffs follow certain actors. Others follow certain topics such as horror, action, drama, or comedy. If someone likes a movie just for the action or CG graphics, the actor in the movie really doesn’t mean s**t. The perfect example is Shia Labouf. He didn’t make The Bay Transformers saga. It was the CG Transformers that made the Bay Transformers saga. If anything, the Transforners saga made Shia. On the other hand, lets take the Scorpion King, a unnecessary sequel to the horror classic “The Mummy”. Why did everyone go to see this silly sequel ? The Rock of course ! The rock made the Scorpion King. I guarantee if you had put any other actor the movie would have been a total flop. But the fact that it came out during the tail end of the WWE attitude era sold that movie like flies on s**t. Now lets take Mark Whalbergs staple movie, Boogie Nights. They could have gotten any 30 something ripped white guy to play a porn star. The actor really didn’t matter, It was the topic that sold the movie. Mark Whalberg didn’t make Boogie Nights. America’s obsession with the porn industry made Boogie Nights. And a behind the scenes look at the life of a has been porn star was a groundbreaking idea for a instant hit. We saw a similar success in Hustle and Flow because it portrayed the life of a has been pimp. America eats that s**t up. Terrance Howard didn’t make that movie. America’s obsession with pimp culture made that movie.

Now before the “get back on topic” police show up and ruin our healthy debate, let me ask you this: Who else can take 7 years off from WWE and come back to fill a stadium for Wrestlemania 2 years in a row ? Please don’t say Mark Whalberg. That guy could make 25 more movies and he will never get the crowd reaction the Rock gets. And you really cant argue with me on that one. I was there. I felt the electricity when the Great One’s music hit as he walked down the aisle and stared down John Cena. And when he hit that rock bottom for the victory and got up on the ropes, he got a chant of cheers that Mark Whalberg could only dream of getting as a celebrity. So if I was Michael Bay, I would have worked around the Rocks schedule instead of going with Marky Mark. Even if it meant pushing back the movie 6 months or a year. Transformers fans plus WWE fans equals twice the profit. Especially if the movie comes out right before Wrestlemania. How can your boy Mark possibly compete with the Great One ?
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482717)
Posted by njb902 on April 27th, 2013 @ 9:45pm CDT
Just like your signature says x, it doesn't matter what we think :roll:
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482718)
Posted by Rated X on April 27th, 2013 @ 9:49pm CDT
njb902 wrote:Just like your signature says x, it doesn't matter what we think :roll:



Do you smell what the X is cooking ? ;)
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482723)
Posted by Burn on April 27th, 2013 @ 10:11pm CDT
Rated X wrote:
njb902 wrote:Just like your signature says x, it doesn't matter what we think :roll:



Do you smell what the X is cooking ? ;)


Smells like a crock of **** to me.

How can you on one hand say you're "not a hardcore movie buff" but then turn around and criticise Mark Wahlbergs movie career?

Wait ... again, my bad, I forgot I was trying to have a serious discussion with the most negative member on this website. Given your constant negativity I can't help but wonder at times if you're serious or just trolling.

eh, whatever. I'll know better from now on and I hope people follow my lead and not waste their time with you anymore.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482755)
Posted by zatara1701 on April 28th, 2013 @ 1:26am CDT
Rated X wrote:
zatara1701 wrote:I like the Rock, but I will put my money on Wahlberg.



While I’m impressed with your knowledge of the rappers on my s**t list, I’m not a hardcore movie buff so storied Hollywood careers are not going to impress me more than good old fashioned street cred. That’s why I respect Pac, Ice Cube but not the others. I can also add Snoop and Master P to the list of movie actors who kept their street cred and still make music and totally have my respect. But Mark Whalberg ? Seriously ?

And movie buffs are so divided that you really cant claim the success of an actor based on their talent. Some movie buffs follow certain actors. Others follow certain topics such as horror, action, drama, or comedy. If someone likes a movie just for the action or CG graphics, the actor in the movie really doesn’t mean s**t. The perfect example is Shia Labouf. He didn’t make The Bay Transformers saga. It was the CG Transformers that made the Bay Transformers saga. If anything, the Transforners saga made Shia. On the other hand, lets take the Scorpion King, a unnecessary sequel to the horror classic “The Mummy”. Why did everyone go to see this silly sequel ? The Rock of course ! The rock made the Scorpion King. I guarantee if you had put any other actor the movie would have been a total flop. But the fact that it came out during the tail end of the WWE attitude era sold that movie like flies on s**t. Now lets take Mark Whalbergs staple movie, Boogie Nights. They could have gotten any 30 something ripped white guy to play a porn star. The actor really didn’t matter, It was the topic that sold the movie. Mark Whalberg didn’t make Boogie Nights. America’s obsession with the porn industry made Boogie Nights. And a behind the scenes look at the life of a has been porn star was a groundbreaking idea for a instant hit. We saw a similar success in Hustle and Flow because it portrayed the life of a has been pimp. America eats that s**t up. Terrance Howard didn’t make that movie. America’s obsession with pimp culture made that movie.

Now before the “get back on topic” police show up and ruin our healthy debate, let me ask you this: Who else can take 7 years off from WWE and come back to fill a stadium for Wrestlemania 2 years in a row ? Please don’t say Mark Whalberg. That guy could make 25 more movies and he will never get the crowd reaction the Rock gets. And you really cant argue with me on that one. I was there. I felt the electricity when the Great One’s music hit as he walked down the aisle and stared down John Cena. And when he hit that rock bottom for the victory and got up on the ropes, he got a chant of cheers that Mark Whalberg could only dream of getting as a celebrity. So if I was Michael Bay, I would have worked around the Rocks schedule instead of going with Marky Mark. Even if it meant pushing back the movie 6 months or a year. Transformers fans plus WWE fans equals twice the profit. Especially if the movie comes out right before Wrestlemania. How can your boy Mark possibly compete with the Great One ?



LOL My younger bro would love your devotion to wrestling, but even he would see the lack of logic to your arguement... I am a HUGE Rock fan, but even I know his limitations...afterall, look at the time line, the Rock was big in the 90s as was WWE. It is not as big as it was 10-20 years ago.

Mark Wahlberg is the superior actor when you get down to it. I cannot clain that TF4 would've been better with Rock versus Wahlberg, but I WILL say that I KNOW that he WILL NOT disappoint...not to mention he shall only put more shame upon the Shia legacy. How can Wahlberg compete with the Rock?? It's a matter of what arena (pun intended) you put them in. But after seeing GI Joe 2 (which wasnt bad) I am looking forward to a Rockless TF4. FYI...all the CGI in the world cant save a movie if it has SHIT acting in it.

That being said, I will be brief in response to your "Street cred" arguement... LOL...my God you are either delusional 30-40 something or a teenager. I AM a MOVIE BUFF, a MUSIC GURU and a DIE HARD Transformers fan since G1..."Street Cred," is an concept that only impresses the ignorant and immature. Just because someone is on your "Sh*t List" has no bearing on the REAL WORLD. Personally, I think Pac was an untalented hack in all aspects of his carrer and is only as big as he is because of his tragic death... Other than that he was a cartoon image of what labels wanted to sell back then. Master P?? LOL he has had some parts playing gangstas and pimp...and SNOOP? I love Snoop but closest thing he had to "Starring" in anything was Huggie Bear in Starsky and Hutch... So their "cred" you're bragging about is based upon 1) neither has done ANYTHING significant in tv or movies and 2) when they do step out, it's not outside their perceived musical personna anyways.

SOOoooo before I waste another moment arguing with you, because I can tell you're one of THOSE people that will fail to see anything other than they want to, I will say this...1) Before you say you're a "fan" of something, know what they hell you're talking about. I am a fan of everything I mentioned, and low and behold I can back it up. 2) We are TRANSFORMERS FANS first and foremost out here...I would think we could all "transform" our ideas and see "more than meets the eyes" when it comes to discussions out here... Be open, listen to reason and for Primus' sake be robot-like and look at the FACTS. That's all I will say on that, and I am done with it.

In the end...Wahlberg is going to do great. My only concerns are Bay and the redesigns. If I had to bet, I think hasbro wants to get back to the heart and origins of our beloved Cybertronians and simplify them in design in the movies and the toys....If I am reading and listening to recent statements correctly. Time will tell fellow Seibertronians :)
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482790)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 28th, 2013 @ 7:35am CDT
zatara1701 wrote:"Street Cred," is an concept that only impresses the ignorant and immature. Just because someone is on your "Sh*t List" has no bearing on the REAL WORLD. Personally, I think Pac was an untalented hack in all aspects of his career and is only as big as he is because of his tragic death... Other than that he was a cartoon image of what labels wanted to sell back then. Master P?? LOL he has had some parts playing gangstas and pimp...and SNOOP? I love Snoop but closest thing he had to "Starring" in anything was Huggy Bear in Starsky and Hutch... So their "cred" you're bragging about is based upon 1) neither has done ANYTHING significant in TV or movies and 2) when they do step out, it's not outside their perceived musical persona anyways.


:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482808)
Posted by Rated X on April 28th, 2013 @ 10:01am CDT
Burn wrote:
Rated X wrote:
njb902 wrote:Just like your signature says x, it doesn't matter what we think :roll:



Do you smell what the X is cooking ? ;)


Smells like a crock of **** to me.

How can you on one hand say you're "not a hardcore movie buff" but then turn around and criticise Mark Wahlbergs movie career?

Wait ... again, my bad, I forgot I was trying to have a serious discussion with the most negative member on this website. Given your constant negativity I can't help but wonder at times if you're serious or just trolling.

eh, whatever. I'll know better from now on and I hope people follow my lead and not waste their time with you anymore.



I don't consider myself a hardcore movie buff because I don't watch movies for "acting" skills. I watch them for action, CG graphics, violence, humor, and occasional eye candy. I don't really follow actors either, unless that actor happens to be a wrestler since I am an avid WWE fan. BTW, I'm dead serious with most of my posts unless I state I'm just having fun. But I do enjoy the fact that I'm not the "stereotypical" Transformers fan. I know some people hate me because they fear that their beloved hobby is becoming urban-ized with undesirable people. They have Michael Bay to thank for that. If they can embrace diversity, f**k em.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482824)
Posted by Rated X on April 28th, 2013 @ 10:58am CDT
zatara1701 wrote: LOL My younger bro would love your devotion to wrestling, but even he would see the lack of logic to your arguement... I am a HUGE Rock fan, but even I know his limitations...afterall, look at the time line, the Rock was big in the 90s as was WWE. It is not as big as it was 10-20 years ago.


I’m not sure where you’re from, but here In Miami, the Rock draws huge crowds whether he’s wrestling or promoting his movies. The Rock represents the 305. Now if Mark Whalberg is more popular in Middle America, I honestly wouldn’t know cause I’m not from that reigon.



zatara1701 wrote: Mark Wahlberg is the superior actor when you get down to it. I cannot clain that TF4 would've been better with Rock versus Wahlberg, but I WILL say that I KNOW that he WILL NOT disappoint...not to mention he shall only put more shame upon the Shia legacy. How can Wahlberg compete with the Rock?? It's a matter of what arena (pun intended) you put them in. But after seeing GI Joe 2 (which wasnt bad) I am looking forward to a Rockless TF4. FYI...all the CGI in the world cant save a movie if it has SHIT acting in it.


You and I obviously look for different things in movies. I embrace the fictional parts (CG action) while you embrace the more human aspect (acting) Like I said earlier, I think the term “acting” and the talent behind it is over rated. Anyone can run, jump, and fall at the orders of a director. Anyone can memorize 2 sentences off a paper and read them before the director says “cut”. Somebody died and you want tears? Pass me the onions! And if you don’t believe me, explain how they pulled Shia Labouf out of the bowels of white America and made him a star? Anyone can act with a good director micromanaging them. That’s why the Film Actors Guild hates rappers in movies so much. It just shows anyone can do it without a degree in the performing arts.

zatara1701 wrote:That being said, I will be brief in response to your "Street cred" arguement... LOL...my God you are either delusional 30-40 something or a teenager. I AM a MOVIE BUFF, a MUSIC GURU and a DIE HARD Transformers fan since G1..."Street Cred," is an concept that only impresses the ignorant and immature. Just because someone is on your "Sh*t List" has no bearing on the REAL WORLD. Personally, I think Pac was an untalented hack in all aspects of his carrer and is only as big as he is because of his tragic death... Other than that he was a cartoon image of what labels wanted to sell back then. Master P?? LOL he has had some parts playing gangstas and pimp...and SNOOP? I love Snoop but closest thing he had to "Starring" in anything was Huggie Bear in Starsky and Hutch... So their "cred" you're bragging about is based upon 1) neither has done ANYTHING significant in tv or movies and 2) when they do step out, it's not outside their perceived musical personna anyways.

It would take someone with absolutely no street cred to even make a statement like that. I’m 36 years old, and a product of the 305 lifestyle. As tempting as it may be, I’m not gonna make generalizations about you because I don’t know you. Your saying I need to respect Mark Whalberg but you can’t even respect strangers on a Transformers website? LMAO ! And I guess you forgot about the movie Bones. Not saying it was a great movie, but Snoop was the star.

zatara1701 wrote:SOOoooo before I waste another moment arguing with you, because I can tell you're one of THOSE people that will fail to see anything other than they want to, I will say this...1) Before you say you're a "fan" of something, know what they hell you're talking about. I am a fan of everything I mentioned, and low and behold I can back it up. 2) We are TRANSFORMERS FANS first and foremost out here...I would think we could all "transform" our ideas and see "more than meets the eyes" when it comes to discussions out here... Be open, listen to reason and for Primus' sake be robot-like and look at the FACTS. That's all I will say on that, and I am done with it.


Everything you say here I’m going to flip right back at you. It seems we both have one track minds. Considering my roots, Id like to think me just being on this forum has opened up my mind to other types of people and proves there’s “more than meets the eye” to the world of Transformer fandom. BTW, this thread is about the Rock. Not Mark Whalberg,
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482834)
Posted by Va'al on April 28th, 2013 @ 12:02pm CDT
Rated X wrote:BTW, this thread is about the Rock. Not Mark Whalberg,


Actually, this thread is about the Transformers 4 film, and how that relates (or does not) to Dwayne Johnson.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482851)
Posted by RhA on April 28th, 2013 @ 1:14pm CDT
A) I'd have liked the Rock in TF4.

B) What is a '305 lifestyle'? Is it like my 'eating M&M's and farting on the couch lifestyle'?
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482894)
Posted by zatara1701 on April 28th, 2013 @ 3:15pm CDT
Rated X wrote:
zatara1701 wrote: LOL My younger bro would love your devotion to wrestling, but even he would see the lack of logic to your arguement... I am a HUGE Rock fan, but even I know his limitations...afterall, look at the time line, the Rock was big in the 90s as was WWE. It is not as big as it was 10-20 years ago.


I’m not sure where you’re from, but here In Miami, the Rock draws huge crowds whether he’s wrestling or promoting his movies. The Rock represents the 305. Now if Mark Whalberg is more popular in Middle America, I honestly wouldn’t know cause I’m not from that reigon.



zatara1701 wrote: Mark Wahlberg is the superior actor when you get down to it. I cannot clain that TF4 would've been better with Rock versus Wahlberg, but I WILL say that I KNOW that he WILL NOT disappoint...not to mention he shall only put more shame upon the Shia legacy. How can Wahlberg compete with the Rock?? It's a matter of what arena (pun intended) you put them in. But after seeing GI Joe 2 (which wasnt bad) I am looking forward to a Rockless TF4. FYI...all the CGI in the world cant save a movie if it has SHIT acting in it.


You and I obviously look for different things in movies. I embrace the fictional parts (CG action) while you embrace the more human aspect (acting) Like I said earlier, I think the term “acting” and the talent behind it is over rated. Anyone can run, jump, and fall at the orders of a director. Anyone can memorize 2 sentences off a paper and read them before the director says “cut”. Somebody died and you want tears? Pass me the onions! And if you don’t believe me, explain how they pulled Shia Labouf out of the bowels of white America and made him a star? Anyone can act with a good director micromanaging them. That’s why the Film Actors Guild hates rappers in movies so much. It just shows anyone can do it without a degree in the performing arts.

zatara1701 wrote:That being said, I will be brief in response to your "Street cred" arguement... LOL...my God you are either delusional 30-40 something or a teenager. I AM a MOVIE BUFF, a MUSIC GURU and a DIE HARD Transformers fan since G1..."Street Cred," is an concept that only impresses the ignorant and immature. Just because someone is on your "Sh*t List" has no bearing on the REAL WORLD. Personally, I think Pac was an untalented hack in all aspects of his carrer and is only as big as he is because of his tragic death... Other than that he was a cartoon image of what labels wanted to sell back then. Master P?? LOL he has had some parts playing gangstas and pimp...and SNOOP? I love Snoop but closest thing he had to "Starring" in anything was Huggie Bear in Starsky and Hutch... So their "cred" you're bragging about is based upon 1) neither has done ANYTHING significant in tv or movies and 2) when they do step out, it's not outside their perceived musical personna anyways.

It would take someone with absolutely no street cred to even make a statement like that. I’m 36 years old, and a product of the 305 lifestyle. As tempting as it may be, I’m not gonna make generalizations about you because I don’t know you. Your saying I need to respect Mark Whalberg but you can’t even respect strangers on a Transformers website? LMAO ! And I guess you forgot about the movie Bones. Not saying it was a great movie, but Snoop was the star.

zatara1701 wrote:SOOoooo before I waste another moment arguing with you, because I can tell you're one of THOSE people that will fail to see anything other than they want to, I will say this...1) Before you say you're a "fan" of something, know what they hell you're talking about. I am a fan of everything I mentioned, and low and behold I can back it up. 2) We are TRANSFORMERS FANS first and foremost out here...I would think we could all "transform" our ideas and see "more than meets the eyes" when it comes to discussions out here... Be open, listen to reason and for Primus' sake be robot-like and look at the FACTS. That's all I will say on that, and I am done with it.


Everything you say here I’m going to flip right back at you. It seems we both have one track minds. Considering my roots, Id like to think me just being on this forum has opened up my mind to other types of people and proves there’s “more than meets the eye” to the world of Transformer fandom. BTW, this thread is about the Rock. Not Mark Whalberg,


Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news for you, but I was born in the Miami area, sooo that kinda blows your theory out of the water. As far as you "representing the 305 lifestyle," not quite sure what that's supposed to mean. Present day Miami is known for drug runners, drug dealers and Cubans washing up on the shore... Personally, anyone that refers to their "lifestyle" with an area code needs to have Rey Mysterio hit you with the "619." lol :lol: I guess representing the 305 means posing as a Hip Hop fan when in reality you don't know the difference between Afrika Bombatta and MC Hammer... Thug Life!!! Yay Yay!! :DANCE:

I've already invested quite some time into some poignant and insightful essay-like response to your little posts, hoping to illustrate some holes in your "logic," but alas, that fell on deaf ears..I will keep this short and to the point...It's obvious you just take pleasure in spreading negativity out here, so real thought and logic is lost on you. :HEADHURTS: You want to accuse me of not being open minded, but you say that to anyone that doesn't agree with YOU, which, last time I checked is NO ONE.

First, I would like to commend you for disproving my arguement about the rappers you brought up... Bringing up "Bones" was truly a stroke of genius, and I thank you for that. Pointing out that Snoop played the murderous ghost of a thugged our pimp was brilliant and totally proved me wrong...Oh wait... That actually backed up MY points.I love me some Snoop, but an actor he is not.

Second... As far as myself or any other Transformers fan being afraid of the "urbanization" of the fan base...Really?? The only Urbanization I fear and dislike in Transformers was Jazz in TF1 and the Twins in ROTF...Although, Jazz was voiced by a black guy and had big speakers in G1, so who is to say when "urbanization" of TF's started?? Maybe Jazz from G1 made having booming systems fashionable. I remember when I was 9-10yrs old that Transformers brought kids of all race, creeds, and social status together. It didnt matter what TF's we had, it was just cool to get together and play with these awesome toys. :grin:

Lastly, you and movies... You say you don't go for the acting and other crap, it's all about the CGI and Action as you said. Save yourself some money, and either invest in a kaleidoscope or an old computer with Windows 98 on it. Either one of those choices provide with some entertaining bright lights and flashy images that should keep you entertained for hours at a time...That will save you hundreds a year to keep living that "305 Lifestyle." I mean, Man, have you seen the Maze or Pipes screensaver from Win98?? My God, it's mindblowing!! 8-}

Movies...sorry, GOOD movies...Are a packaging of spectacle, acting and building characters. I think I am speaking for ALL TF's fans saying that we can only hope that TF4 brings that ALL together, because our beloved Cybertronians need to be a mix of all that rolled into ONE. That's what we HOPE and DREAM for... Mark Wahlberg, the Rock nor anyone else can change that fact. As I said before, I am a Rock fan, but I am glad he is making Hercules, because he was less than underwhelming in GI Joe or anything else lately. Honestly, why else would he return to wrestling after swearing he never would if his movie career was doing so well?? The Rock would've just made TF4 over the top cartoony...

In conclusion, TF4 will be better with Wahlberg than with the Rock. It's at this point I ask in the words of the great philosopher Dwayne Johnson, " What do you think about that?.... IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK!!"
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482955)
Posted by Rated X on April 28th, 2013 @ 7:45pm CDT
So you were born in Miami huh?

I notice you said “born in Miami” rather than “live in Miami”. My guess is your parents probably moved out a long time ago for a good reason. You come off as being the type of person who is probably better off living somewhere in Middle America. I’m sure Larry the Cable Guy will be visiting whatever town you live in now to film his show. If you didn’t understand what I meant by “305 lifestyle” then don’t bother trying. I can’t paint a picture for a blind man. Either you got it in your blood or you don’t. I can’t teach you how to think like a G. You obviously didn’t soak up any local culture while you were out here in Miami. He’s not my favorite, but pick up a Pitbull album if you want an introduction to some local Miami culture and slang. I would recommend Money is a Major Issue (M.I.A.M.I.)

While I like Afrika Bambatta as a classic artist, If you wanna talk real hip hop then lets talk Gucci Mane, Waka, Juvenile, Trick Daddy, Three Six Mafia, Pastor Troy, David Banner, C-Murder, Uncle Luke and 2 Live, Scarface, Pac, or the late great Eazy-E. Now that’s some real music. Keep your Marky Mark and M.C. Hammer. They both suck.

Hey if you like acting so much, more power to you. If I wanted to study how people talk and show emotions, I could just go walk around a mall all day. I watch movies to see things that can’t happen in real life. Anyone can act with a director calling the shots. It’s not rocket science.

On the urbanization of the Transformers hobby being some fans biggest nightmare, all I gotta say is go to a Botcon. Take one look at the most hardcore Transformers fandom and you’ll see it’s NOT an urban style crowd. Don’t get me wrong there are some really cool people out there like the whole Seibertron news staff. But you also got a bunch of straight up geeks from TFW2005 who give dirty looks to anybody who doesn’t fit in with their crowd. Once again, if you haven’t been there, you wouldn’t know.

If you don’t like my swag, go back to “The Wild Side”.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482956)
Posted by njb902 on April 28th, 2013 @ 7:47pm CDT
Rated X wrote:So you were born in Miami huh?

I notice you said “born in Miami” rather than “live in Miami”. My guess is your parents probably moved out a long time ago for a good reason. You come off as being the type of person who is probably better off living somewhere in white Middle America. I’m sure Larry the Cable Guy will be visiting whatever town you live in now to film his show. If you didn’t understand what I meant by “305 lifestyle” then don’t bother trying. I can’t paint a picture for a blind man. Either you got it in you or you don’t. I can’t teach you how to think like a G. You obviously didn’t soak up any local culture while you were out here in Miami. He’s not my favorite, but pick up a Pitbull album if you want an introduction to some local Miami culture and slang. I would recommend Money is a Major Issue (M.I.A.M.I.)

While I like Afrika Bambatta as a classic artist, If you wanna talk real hip hop then lets talk Gucci Mane, Waka, Juvenile, Trick Daddy, Three Six Mafia, Pastor Troy, David Banner, C-Murder, Uncle Luke and 2 Live, Scarface, Pac, or the late great Eazy-E. Now that’s some real music. Keep your Marky Mark and M.C. Hammer. They both suck.

Hey if you like acting so much, more power to you. If I wanted to study how people talk and show emotions, I could just go walk around a mall all day. I watch movies to see things that can’t happen in real life. Anyone can act with a director calling the shots. It’s not rocket science.

On the urbanization of the Transformers hobby being some fans biggest nightmare, all I gotta say is go to a Botcon. Take one look at the most hardcore Transformers fandom and you’ll see it’s NOT an urban style crowd. Don’t get me wrong there are some really cool people out there like the whole Seibertron news staff. But you also got a bunch of straight up geeks from TFW2005 who give dirty looks to anybody who doesn’t fit in with their crowd. Once again, if you haven’t been there, you wouldn’t know.

If you don’t like my swag, go back to “The Wild Side”.


Yawn >:oP
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482957)
Posted by Capt.Failure on April 28th, 2013 @ 8:02pm CDT
Rated X wrote:So you were born in Miami huh?

I notice you said “born in Miami” rather than “live in Miami”. My guess is your parents probably moved out a long time ago for a good reason. You come off as being the type of person who is probably better off living somewhere in Middle America. I’m sure Larry the Cable Guy will be visiting whatever town you live in now to film his show. If you didn’t understand what I meant by “305 lifestyle” then don’t bother trying. I can’t paint a picture for a blind man. Either you got it in your blood or you don’t. I can’t teach you how to think like a G. You obviously didn’t soak up any local culture while you were out here in Miami. He’s not my favorite, but pick up a Pitbull album if you want an introduction to some local Miami culture and slang. I would recommend Money is a Major Issue (M.I.A.M.I.)

While I like Afrika Bambatta as a classic artist, If you wanna talk real hip hop then lets talk Gucci Mane, Waka, Juvenile, Trick Daddy, Three Six Mafia, Pastor Troy, David Banner, C-Murder, Uncle Luke and 2 Live, Scarface, Pac, or the late great Eazy-E. Now that’s some real music. Keep your Marky Mark and M.C. Hammer. They both suck.

Hey if you like acting so much, more power to you. If I wanted to study how people talk and show emotions, I could just go walk around a mall all day. I watch movies to see things that can’t happen in real life. Anyone can act with a director calling the shots. It’s not rocket science.

On the urbanization of the Transformers hobby being some fans biggest nightmare, all I gotta say is go to a Botcon. Take one look at the most hardcore Transformers fandom and you’ll see it’s NOT an urban style crowd. Don’t get me wrong there are some really cool people out there like the whole Seibertron news staff. But you also got a bunch of straight up geeks from TFW2005 who give dirty looks to anybody who doesn’t fit in with their crowd. Once again, if you haven’t been there, you wouldn’t know.

If you don’t like my swag, go back to “The Wild Side”.


If you don’t like my swag, go back to


If you don’t like my swag


like my swag


my swag


swag


Argument invalidated. Leave the thread please. >:oP
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1482994)
Posted by zatara1701 on April 29th, 2013 @ 12:26am CDT
Rated X wrote:So you were born in Miami huh?

I notice you said “born in Miami” rather than “live in Miami”. My guess is your parents probably moved out a long time ago for a good reason. You come off as being the type of person who is probably better off living somewhere in Middle America. I’m sure Larry the Cable Guy will be visiting whatever town you live in now to film his show. If you didn’t understand what I meant by “305 lifestyle” then don’t bother trying. I can’t paint a picture for a blind man. Either you got it in your blood or you don’t. I can’t teach you how to think like a G. You obviously didn’t soak up any local culture while you were out here in Miami. He’s not my favorite, but pick up a Pitbull album if you want an introduction to some local Miami culture and slang. I would recommend Money is a Major Issue (M.I.A.M.I.)

While I like Afrika Bambatta as a classic artist, If you wanna talk real hip hop then lets talk Gucci Mane, Waka, Juvenile, Trick Daddy, Three Six Mafia, Pastor Troy, David Banner, C-Murder, Uncle Luke and 2 Live, Scarface, Pac, or the late great Eazy-E. Now that’s some real music. Keep your Marky Mark and M.C. Hammer. They both suck.

Hey if you like acting so much, more power to you. If I wanted to study how people talk and show emotions, I could just go walk around a mall all day. I watch movies to see things that can’t happen in real life. Anyone can act with a director calling the shots. It’s not rocket science.

On the urbanization of the Transformers hobby being some fans biggest nightmare, all I gotta say is go to a Botcon. Take one look at the most hardcore Transformers fandom and you’ll see it’s NOT an urban style crowd. Don’t get me wrong there are some really cool people out there like the whole Seibertron news staff. But you also got a bunch of straight up geeks from TFW2005 who give dirty looks to anybody who doesn’t fit in with their crowd. Once again, if you haven’t been there, you wouldn’t know.

If you don’t like my swag, go back to “The Wild Side”.


I was born near Miami because my dad was busy serving our country in the USAF, as did I for years, serving in places A LOT more dangerous and "street cred" worthy than the streets of Miami ever thought about being. All the while I have seen and done things you could only dream of...or make up for that matter...which as a person and a Transformers fan gives me more experience than you could ever hope for. :BOOM:

As I said before, not going to waste good words and thought on a 36 year old juvenile...anyone over 20 using the words "swag" and/or refering to their lifestyle with an area code needs to wake up and grow up... Just by your words and actions I can tell you're a name dropping poser that wouldn't last a day "on the streets," you claim you come from. Even thirtysomething "thugs," do not prattle on with the nonsense and jibberish you do...smh :BANG_HEAD: I feel sorry for anyone from the "305" if you're "representin'" since you make them all sound like they are shallow, uneducated, that apparently like movies based soley on the flickering images on the screen and occasional "Eye candy." (Not sure what "flava" of candy that is...kinda sounds like you prefer seeing the Rock up there to me)

I will end with this...Getting the discussion back on topic, which is TF4, Wahlberg and the Rock (not you) I am here to enrich the discussion and elevate the quality of banter out here on Seibertron, hence my in depth look and review of actual movie related facts...I am a Cinephile, I am a true fan of Hip-Hop and I am a Transformers fan of the truest and longest tradition...So I can once again say this... Mark Wahlberg will be awesome in TF4 given the right script and story. Great movies are not made by directors or actors alone, and effects alone cannot sustain a movie without the talent behind it. Why do you think Bay chose Wahlberg to be in "Pain and Gain?" It's called acting skills...or his acting "swag" if that helps you understand it better... If you do not have something worthwhile to contribute to the discussion besides attempting to show everyone how "swaggerific" you are then press on. I said it once, I will say it again...I am glad the Rock isnt in TF4 because as much as I liked cartoon growing up, I do not want the movie to be a cartoon. If you're not down with that, I got two words for ya...
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1483019)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 29th, 2013 @ 5:59am CDT
Can we, like, NOT argue anymore? Seriously, my inbox is cluttered with responses from this thread.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1483035)
Posted by Burn on April 29th, 2013 @ 7:32am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Can we, like, NOT argue anymore? Seriously, my inbox is cluttered with responses from this thread.


So unsubscribe?
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1483037)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 29th, 2013 @ 7:35am CDT
Burn wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Can we, like, NOT argue anymore? Seriously, my inbox is cluttered with responses from this thread.


So unsubscribe?


Aaaaand I feel dumb because I forgot we could do that.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1483058)
Posted by Va'al on April 29th, 2013 @ 8:29am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Burn wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Can we, like, NOT argue anymore? Seriously, my inbox is cluttered with responses from this thread.


So unsubscribe?


Aaaaand I feel dumb because I forgot we could do that.


Yeah, I'd suggest that too, as I'm really enjoying the thread. :D
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1483060)
Posted by Rated X on April 29th, 2013 @ 8:33am CDT
zatara1701 wrote:I was born near Miami because my dad was busy serving our country in the USAF, as did I for years, serving in places A LOT more dangerous and "street cred" worthy than the streets of Miami ever thought about being. All the while I have seen and done things you could only dream of...or make up for that matter...which as a person and a Transformers fan gives me more experience than you could ever hope for. :BOOM:

As I said before, not going to waste good words and thought on a 36 year old juvenile...anyone over 20 using the words "swag" and/or refering to their lifestyle with an area code needs to wake up and grow up... Just by your words and actions I can tell you're a name dropping poser that wouldn't last a day "on the streets," you claim you come from. Even thirtysomething "thugs," do not prattle on with the nonsense and jibberish you do...smh :BANG_HEAD: I feel sorry for anyone from the "305" if you're "representin'" since you make them all sound like they are shallow, uneducated, that apparently like movies based soley on the flickering images on the screen and occasional "Eye candy." (Not sure what "flava" of candy that is...kinda sounds like you prefer seeing the Rock up there to me)

I will end with this...Getting the discussion back on topic, which is TF4, Wahlberg and the Rock (not you) I am here to enrich the discussion and elevate the quality of banter out here on Seibertron, hence my in depth look and review of actual movie related facts...I am a Cinephile, I am a true fan of Hip-Hop and I am a Transformers fan of the truest and longest tradition...So I can once again say this... Mark Wahlberg will be awesome in TF4 given the right script and story. Great movies are not made by directors or actors alone, and effects alone cannot sustain a movie without the talent behind it. Why do you think Bay chose Wahlberg to be in "Pain and Gain?" It's called acting skills...or his acting "swag" if that helps you understand it better... If you do not have something worthwhile to contribute to the discussion besides attempting to show everyone how "swaggerific" you are then press on. I said it once, I will say it again...I am glad the Rock isnt in TF4 because as much as I liked cartoon growing up, I do not want the movie to be a cartoon. If you're not down with that, I got two words for ya...



Air Force huh ?

While I totally respect your service to our country, the military mindset you guys get stuck in upon discharge is equivalent to deprogramming. So now I’m a Juvenile huh? Ill take that as a compliment since one of my favorite rappers Juvenile, is 37 years old. We both collect freakin toys as a hobby so the term “grow up” is poorly chosen. It’s not my fault if your family was always on the move and you got robbed of your childhood. It sucks having to leave friendships behind and not have a neighborhood that you can truly call your own. But if you followed in your dads footsteps, obviously those things didn’t faze you. The funny thing is that with all the s**t you talk about me, your military background makes you just like me but you’re too anal to see it. So let me break it down for you…Your fellow troops are your “HOMIES” and your regiment is your “CLICK”. You “REPRESENT” the United States overseas proudly because it is your “HOOD”. You starch your uniform and shine your boots so that your “SWAG” stands out in a crowd of soldiers dressed identically. I wouldn’t be surprised if you got some “TATTS” that show the Air Force equivalent of “SEMPER FI” and if you ever fought in actual combat you had to “RIDE OR DIE” for what you believe in and “BUCK SHOTS” at your enemies. Now that you have completed Ebonics for dummies, know your role. You VOLENTEERED to fight for the FREEDOM of people just like me, so we can have the RIGHT TO CHOOSE not to be like you. Isn’t that ironic? If you love Snoop so much maybe you should try to actually understand what he’s talking about in his lyrics. Or is listening to Snoop just a front so you can tell your kids “See, daddy’s cool too” as you turn your hat to the side like Marky Mark and start bouncing your head like a moron.

Trying to find a way to get back on topic but what can I say? I prefer the Rock in TF4 and you would take a bullet for Marky Mark. Nuff said. ;)
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1483069)
Posted by Rated X on April 29th, 2013 @ 8:48am CDT
Capt.Failure wrote:
If you don’t like my swag, go back to


If you don’t like my swag


like my swag


my swag


swag


Argument invalidated. Leave the thread please. >:oP



Capt. Failure, you have just won the "Most Pointless Comment of the Month" award. :DANCE:

If you have some actual input to this discussion, fell free to post. But don't just copy and paste someone else's quotes and leave us all in mystery of what you claim to have invalidated. >:oP
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1483133)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on April 29th, 2013 @ 1:51pm CDT
Both of you need to drop it now... Last warning.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1483135)
Posted by njb902 on April 29th, 2013 @ 1:52pm CDT
X don't ever ever talk about the mindset of a discharged service member. You have no idea what you are talking about, and the general disservice you just did to all vets is disgusting. You can hide your thinly veiled insults against people behind your "I respect" bull all you want, however it doesn't fool anyone.
Re: Dwayne Johnson Was Offered the Transformers 4 Lead (1483186)
Posted by Blurrz on April 29th, 2013 @ 4:34pm CDT
.....

Admin said to drop it. So drop it?

Seriously, do your parting shots in a PM or something, not here.

Click here to view an additional 10 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014