e-Hobby Exclusive Magnificus Comic Preview

Transformers News: e-Hobby Exclusive Magnificus Comic Preview

Tuesday, May 21st, 2013 11:59PM CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 20,062

e-Hobby continues to tease the release of their upcoming exclusive Magnificus. They're now posted several more pages from the exclusive comic that will come packed with the figure. As previously reported the comic appears to feature the never released Gorilla Double Pretender. It also looks as though G2 Eagle Eye is in the mix. Images mirrored below.

Re: e-Hobby Teases Their Next Exclusive: Magnificus?

Re: e-Hobby Teases Their Next Exclusive: Magnificus?

Re: e-Hobby Teases Their Next Exclusive: Magnificus?

Re: e-Hobby Teases Their Next Exclusive: Magnificus?
Credit(s): e-Hobby
Re: e-Hobby Exclusive Magnificus Comic Preview (1489280)
Posted by Mkall on May 22nd, 2013 @ 12:06am CDT
Eagle Eye. Interesting.
Re: e-Hobby Exclusive Magnificus Comic Preview (1489281)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 22nd, 2013 @ 12:08am CDT
And they're in Iron Town from episode one of Transformers: Victory.
Re: e-Hobby Exclusive Magnificus Comic Preview (1489284)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on May 22nd, 2013 @ 12:31am CDT
Hah, I was just about to say Hawk.
Re: e-Hobby Exclusive Magnificus Comic Preview (1489320)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 22nd, 2013 @ 7:33am CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:Hah, I was just about to say Hawk.

Which would be his European name ;) Nice cameo there. I wouldn't be surprised if e-Hobby used the name of his canceled Japanese release, Hawking.

And it looks like Scrash is rearing his ugly head in the last panel.
Re: e-Hobby Exclusive Magnificus Comic Preview (1489330)
Posted by MagnetarPrime on May 22nd, 2013 @ 8:54am CDT
I really like this Magnificus Exclusive figure. I pre-ordered from BBTS as soon as I saw it, according to their site it is estimated to arrive May 2013 so it should not take too long. :grin:
Re: e-Hobby Exclusive Magnificus Comic Preview (1489450)
Posted by Stormrider on May 22nd, 2013 @ 6:30pm CDT
Pretty cool. Is that an antimatter energy cube he is holding in the last clip?
Re: e-Hobby Exclusive Magnificus Comic Preview (1523265)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 11th, 2013 @ 11:02am CDT
Arise dead topic!

Just received an email notification from Fun Pub that my e-HOBBY Generations Magnificus I preordered through the Club Store has shipped!

Censored version:
[quote]DO NOT REPLY to this email address as it is an automated shipping computer. If you have a question concerning your order, please email Admin2@FunPubInc.com.

A package was shipped to you on 10/15/2013 via U.S. Postal Service Priority Mail to the following address:

***************
***************
***************

Invoice Number *****

Package Description Magnificus w/ Comic (pre-order)

The following optional services were used: None

The package's Delivery Confirmation ID is ******************************

To check the delivery status of your package at any time please visit:
https://www.endicia.com/Status/?PIC=*** ... **********
or the U.S. Postal Service's web-site:

Shipping Department
Fun Publications Inc

***********************************************************************
NOTE:
This e-mail was generated by Endicia Internet Postage (http://www.Endicia.com)
at the sender's request. DO NOT CONTACT Endicia if you have any
questions about the shipment or the package delivery. Please contact
the sender of this e-mail or the U.S. Postal Service if you have
questions about the package delivery.[/quote]
Re: e-Hobby Exclusive Magnificus Comic Preview (1523280)
Posted by Mkall on October 11th, 2013 @ 11:49am CDT
NEAT. I'm excited for this guy.
Re: e-Hobby Exclusive Magnificus Comic Preview (1523290)
Posted by Autobot032 on October 11th, 2013 @ 12:16pm CDT
We previously reported on eHobby Magnificus, which is a redeco of Reveal The Shield Perceptor. (You can preorder yours here for $82.00)

Now, fellow Seibertronian Sabrblade alerted us this morning to an email he received the collector's club store telling him his eHobby Magnificus has been shipped! He had this to say:

Sabrblade wrote:Arise dead topic!

Censored version:

Package Description Magnificus w/ Comic (pre-order)

Shipping Department
Fun Publications Inc
[/quote]

It's safe to assume more and more emails will be showing up, the next one could be yours!

Re: e-Hobby Exclusive Magnificus Comic Preview (1523306)
Posted by megatronus on October 11th, 2013 @ 2:03pm CDT
$82 + shipping is a bit pricy. Maybe if he were $50.
Re: e-Hobby Exclusive Magnificus Comic Preview (1523308)
Posted by Autobot032 on October 11th, 2013 @ 2:15pm CDT
megatronus wrote:$82 + shipping is a bit pricy. Maybe if he were $50.

Indeed. The chrome is pretty, though.
Re: e-Hobby Exclusive Magnificus Comic Preview (1523309)
Posted by megatronus on October 11th, 2013 @ 2:17pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:
megatronus wrote:$82 + shipping is a bit pricy. Maybe if he were $50.

Indeed. The chrome is pretty, though.
=P~
Re: e-Hobby Exclusive Magnificus Comic Preview (1523360)
Posted by Metrosuplex on October 11th, 2013 @ 6:21pm CDT
Congrats Sabr! :APPLAUSE: Hope you enjoy it! :x

megatronus wrote:$82 + shipping is a bit pricy. Maybe if he were $50.

I kind of agree with Megatronus here. But even $50 is a lot for what's otherwise a repaint. Ehhh, I'm just peeved it's not a microscope proper, really, so I went 3rd Party. #-o
Re: e-Hobby Exclusive Magnificus Comic Preview (1523383)
Posted by ausbot on October 11th, 2013 @ 10:47pm CDT
I'm happy with my G1 E-hobby version. I love evil versions of good characters, I'd love a series of evil clones like Bumblebee, Jazz, and Grimlock. (Yes I realise shattered glass, I mean all done in the black and teal "nemesis" type color)
Re: e-Hobby Exclusive Magnificus Comic Preview (1523537)
Posted by Bouncy X on October 12th, 2013 @ 7:30pm CDT
you must read my upcoming comment in the voice of this guy for full effect :

ha ha ha, his name is magnificus because he changes into a magnascope and he's very impressive...ho ho ho.
Re: e-Hobby Exclusive Magnificus Comic Preview (1523716)
Posted by Flashwave on October 14th, 2013 @ 12:12am CDT
Got my e-mail too, wanted to post something that night but it never happened, finally get something news worthy too.. if he follows the shipping times for TFSS fir me, I should have mine Wednesday with Jackpot due tomorrow!

It is funny/ironic/intriguing to compare his price with the TFSS installments, and even Airrazor but if that's EHobby's price...
Re: e-Hobby Exclusive Magnificus Comic Preview (1524383)
Posted by megatronus on October 17th, 2013 @ 7:31am CDT
It's too bad most of United Perceptor's metallic red paint ends up on his backpack in robot mode.
Re: e-Hobby Exclusive Magnificus Comic Preview (1524429)
Posted by Seibertron on October 17th, 2013 @ 12:46pm CDT
Re: e-Hobby Exclusive Magnificus Comic Preview (1524435)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 17th, 2013 @ 1:12pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:The comic book that came with Magnificus was really interesting. It featured Oilmaster, the given name to the prototype Pretender Gorilla from the 80s that we never got. G2 Hawk/Eagle Eye was also featured in the comic oddly. It's not a great read because of the translation, but the artwork and the characters featured were fascinating. I've wanted "Oilmaster" since I saw his prototype at BotCon 1996 or TransCon 97 but now I really want him.
Is yours the e-HOBBY version or the TCC version? Cuz the latter will have a proper English translation.

As for the story itself, it serves as a prequel to the United EX fiction, being set one year before both it and Operation Combination, in the year 2034 (since Op Com and United EX take place together in 2035). ;)
Re: e-Hobby Exclusive Magnificus Comic Preview (1524441)
Posted by Seibertron on October 17th, 2013 @ 1:36pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

It's the e-Hobby version, but it has English in it and Japanese text above it. It'll be the same comic you get. It's just not that great of a read, just like the terrible Shattered Glass Soundwave/Blaster set's comic. Good artwork, interesting read, but not that great of an English translation in my opinion.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering