e-Hobby Fully Reveals Their Next Exclusive Magnificus

Transformers News: e-Hobby Fully Reveals Their Next Exclusive Magnificus

Monday, March 25th, 2013 11:59PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 18,559

e-Hobby has fully revealed their recently announced exclusive, Magnificus! The figure is a black, red, and chrome redeco of Reveal the Shield Perceptor with a brand new head sculpt. Expect the figure to cost 5500 Yen and be available from March 26th until May 8th. Check out the latest images directly from e-Hobby mirrored below.

Re: e-Hobby Teases Their Next Exclusive: Magnificus?

Re: e-Hobby Teases Their Next Exclusive: Magnificus?

Re: e-Hobby Teases Their Next Exclusive: Magnificus?

Re: e-Hobby Teases Their Next Exclusive: Magnificus?

Re: e-Hobby Teases Their Next Exclusive: Magnificus?

Re: e-Hobby Teases Their Next Exclusive: Magnificus?

Re: e-Hobby Teases Their Next Exclusive: Magnificus?
Credit(s): e-Hobby
Re: e-Hobby Fully Reveals Their Next Exclusive Magnificus (1474266)
Posted by Mindmaster on March 26th, 2013 @ 12:02am CDT
Something this cool should end up in the Generations line for mass retail, not as an exclusive from foreign markets. I would import this beauty, but not for $60.
Re: e-Hobby Fully Reveals Their Next Exclusive Magnificus (1474271)
Posted by Mkall on March 26th, 2013 @ 12:27am CDT
I'll get one. Maybe even 2 so I can have an SG Percy
Re: e-Hobby Fully Reveals Their Next Exclusive Magnificus (1474277)
Posted by Trikeboy on March 26th, 2013 @ 1:06am CDT
Mkall wrote:I'll get one. Maybe even 2 so I can have an SG Percy

SG Perceptor already exists. Magnificus, based on the original Perceptor toy, was in the Botcon comic.

Both will work fine though.
Re: e-Hobby Fully Reveals Their Next Exclusive Magnificus (1474278)
Posted by Henry921 on March 26th, 2013 @ 1:06am CDT
Hello, Machine Wars Soundwave?
Re: e-Hobby Fully Reveals Their Next Exclusive Magnificus (1474279)
Posted by Mkall on March 26th, 2013 @ 1:08am CDT
Trikeboy wrote:
Mkall wrote:I'll get one. Maybe even 2 so I can have an SG Percy

Both will work fine though.

Indeed, but I don't want a G1 Magnificus, I don't do G1 figs so he'd look real out of place.
Re: e-Hobby Fully Reveals Their Next Exclusive Magnificus (1474292)
Posted by Hammer on March 26th, 2013 @ 3:21am CDT
Pass.
Re: e-Hobby Fully Reveals Their Next Exclusive Magnificus (1474312)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on March 26th, 2013 @ 7:16am CDT
RhA wrote:
gavinfuzzy wrote:Cool, just might get it if the club imports this. $58US is not bad...

:lol: I dare you to claim that 58$ for a robot toy is 'not bad' in a bar full of people.

Maybe the people in the bar are already drunk? :D

Not bad, in comparison to TFCC's stuff. Hope TFCC does not jack up the price IF they import it.
Re: e-Hobby Fully Reveals Their Next Exclusive Magnificus (1474334)
Posted by mooncake623 on March 26th, 2013 @ 8:18am CDT
I will buy this! I love black repaints!

Is there a preorder anywhere? I hope e-tailers get him at $60 still.
Re: e-Hobby Fully Reveals Their Next Exclusive Magnificus (1474345)
Posted by Rated X on March 26th, 2013 @ 9:13am CDT
Henry921 wrote:Hello, Machine Wars Soundwave?

Lets hope not. Either use the Countdown mold or nothing.
Re: e-Hobby Fully Reveals Their Next Exclusive Magnificus (1474351)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 26th, 2013 @ 10:09am CDT
Rated X wrote:
Henry921 wrote:Hello, Machine Wars Soundwave?

Lets hope not. Either use the Countdown mold or nothing.

You mean Cybertron Defense Red Alert :-B

Anywho, that must be the alternate toy-accurate head Hasbro was talking about at BotCon 2011. I think Reflector will become a reality. ;)
Re: e-Hobby Fully Reveals Their Next Exclusive Magnificus (1474356)
Posted by Henry921 on March 26th, 2013 @ 11:01am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Henry921 wrote:Hello, Machine Wars Soundwave?

Lets hope not. Either use the Countdown mold or nothing.

You mean Cybertron Defense Red Alert :-B

Well, yeah, I'd have suggested him, but all the UT molds have been written off as too old and/or overused. I've been figuring this Perceptor mold would be used for MW Soundwave since we started guessing last year.

Slap on Hoist's new head and rework the color scheme on the mold and you have an armored research truck Soundwave. Not as awesome as an armored ICBM carrier, but the available alternatives for similar military vehicles is a bit lacking, and none of them have such a distinctive shoulder cannon.

But this is a bit off topic, so I'm gonna put an end to further speculation on MW in this particular thread.
Re: e-Hobby Fully Reveals Their Next Exclusive Magnificus (1474365)
Posted by Seibertron on March 26th, 2013 @ 11:39am CDT
This looks really awesome but I can't help but think that this was a wasted head mold. I think most of us would have been fine if Magnificus just had Perceptor's head. It's cool that he doesn't, but now I can't help but feel that I want to see Magnificus as Perceptor now.
Re: e-Hobby Fully Reveals Their Next Exclusive Magnificus (1474368)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on March 26th, 2013 @ 11:49am CDT
:APPLAUSE: :VEHI:
Re: e-Hobby Fully Reveals Their Next Exclusive Magnificus (1474378)
Posted by Rated X on March 26th, 2013 @ 1:20pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Henry921 wrote:Hello, Machine Wars Soundwave?

Lets hope not. Either use the Countdown mold or nothing.

You mean Cybertron Defense Red Alert :-B

I dont think this new head makes a good reflector. In the cartoon reflector did not have a face plate. Im not sure about the G1 toy. But on the toy, the 3 robots were different colors and Funpub is too cheap to do that with a troop builder set. But I like the face plate on Magnificus. It's Diaclone accurate and will look great on my classics Diaclone shelf.
Re: e-Hobby Fully Reveals Their Next Exclusive Magnificus (1474381)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 26th, 2013 @ 1:30pm CDT
Rated X wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Henry921 wrote:Hello, Machine Wars Soundwave?

Lets hope not. Either use the Countdown mold or nothing.

You mean Cybertron Defense Red Alert :-B

Perceptor was Microman, as was Reflector. Supposedly they even had the same designer >:oP

So they'll do a mix of toy and cartoon: make all three the same color Perceptor repaints, but only one gets the alternate head. Spyglass (blue) and Spectro (red) had mouths, but Viewfinder (black) had a mouthplate as toys. It's an idea, and they're not shy of using alternate head if the SG Junkions are any indication.
Re: e-Hobby Fully Reveals Their Next Exclusive Magnificus (1474397)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 26th, 2013 @ 3:02pm CDT

Regarding SG Perceptor, he's dead.

Regarding Relfector, Takara's the only one who have shown any sign of making it a reality with that listing of theirs. Hasbro's original idea appear to be in limbo.

Regarding MW Soundwave, there's already three Soundwaves in the story. Why bring in a fourth?
Re: e-Hobby Fully Reveals Their Next Exclusive Magnificus (1474399)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 26th, 2013 @ 3:05pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Why are people bringing up Fun Pub/TCC with this? This is all e-HOBBY/TakaraTomy.

Regarding SG Perceptor, he's dead.

We were talking about BotCon possibilities my dear, the souvenirs to be exact. I think having the Reflector trio as the Troop Builder set, with Viewfinder as the commander with a unique head isn't such a farfetched idea. :)
Re: e-Hobby Fully Reveals Their Next Exclusive Magnificus (1474408)
Posted by Burn on March 26th, 2013 @ 3:44pm CDT
Henry921 wrote:Hello, Machine Wars Soundwave?

Stalker is disappointed that you choose to nominate a cheap repaint over an original like him.
Re: e-Hobby Fully Reveals Their Next Exclusive Magnificus (1474437)
Posted by Stormrider on March 26th, 2013 @ 6:53pm CDT
Surprised none of the online retailers have listed him yet. (besides e-Hobby)
Re: e-Hobby Fully Reveals Their Next Exclusive Magnificus (1474438)
Posted by Mkall on March 26th, 2013 @ 7:11pm CDT
Stormrider wrote:Surprised none of the online retailers have listed him yet. (besides e-Hobby)

Preorders don't go live until the 28th, I suspect they're waiting until then.

Ending Soon On eBay

Japanese takaratomy transformers Jet Vehicon General AM-34 misb rare arms micron - Time Remaining: 3 days 21 hours 38 minutes 39 seconds
Takara Transformers Masterpiece Generation 1: MP-08 Grimlock Robots Action... - Time Remaining: 2 days 23 minutes 49 seconds
Transformers G1 E-Hobby Astrotrain Cartoon Accurate MINT CONDITION!!! - Time Remaining: 2 days 20 hours 55 minutes 8 seconds
Sideswipe Transformers 3 DOTM Movie Deluxe Class Figure Walmart Exclusive - Time Remaining: 2 days 9 hours 55 minutes 44 seconds
Japanese takaratomy transformers AM-02 bumblebee misb rare arms micron - Time Remaining: 3 days 22 hours 26 minutes 19 seconds
Autobot Defense Base Omega Supreme  - 1985 Vintage Transformers Toy - Time Remaining: 2 days 22 hours 14 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers Unicron Armada 2003 - Time Remaining: 3 days 5 hours 59 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers Legends Deadlock e-hobby exclusive in hand in US - Time Remaining: 4 days 10 hours 15 minutes 6 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #148 - And Rom The Space Knight
"And Rom The Space Knight"
Posted: Monday, June 27th, 2016