e-Hobby Magnificus Comic Teaser Image

Transformers News: e-Hobby Magnificus Comic Teaser Image

Wednesday, May 8th, 2013 11:28AM CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 15,654

Re: e-Hobby Teases Their Next Exclusive: Magnificus?
Credit(s): e-Hobby

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: e-Hobby Magnificus Comic Teaser Image (1485482)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 8th, 2013 @ 11:32am CDT
Imminent Beast Wars Transmetal Optimus Primal repaint/retool, anyone?
Re: e-Hobby Magnificus Comic Teaser Image (1485490)
Posted by gothsaurus on May 8th, 2013 @ 11:56am CDT
Re: e-Hobby Magnificus Comic Teaser Image (1485492)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 8th, 2013 @ 12:00pm CDT
gothsaurus wrote:Wow. Crazy obscure reference! Makes me wonder if they might release these guys as part of the 30th anniversary or something.

I wouldn't bet on it, but I would like to see an attempt at a modernized Pretender (Thunderwing and Black Shadow are out of the question).
Re: e-Hobby Magnificus Comic Teaser Image (1485497)
Posted by gothsaurus on May 8th, 2013 @ 12:11pm CDT
Yeah, unless they were vintage style figures, I'd probably have no interest in a new "line" of pretenders. I think in the era of HeMan figures, you could get away with awkward, muscle-bound mustached guys and walrus-dudes and bugs wearing belts. Twenty years later, all that gets a raised eyebrow from this guy. Nostalgia would be the only thing to get me to bite.

That said, if the original toy was the same size shell (which it reportedly is)... the TWO interior bots would have to be about cassette-bot sized. That by itself makes me a lot more interested. A modern version would have a real Soundwave and his minions kinda feel, I'm guessing. That might be a selling point.

But yeah, the original gorilla toy looks pretty cool for his sculpt. Too bad it never came out. Was one of the better molds. Black is definitely the better of the two colorings.

Unreleased spider looks kinda silly, IMHO. Okay. No "kinda" about it. Flat silly.
Re: e-Hobby Magnificus Comic Teaser Image (1485506)
Posted by Seibertron on May 8th, 2013 @ 1:07pm CDT
El Duque wrote:e-Hobby has updated the product page for their upcoming Magnificus exclusive with a teaser from the comic he will come packed with. As you can see in the image mirrored below the comic features Ga'mede and what appears to be the never produced Gorilla Double Pretender.

Well that's just frikkin' awesome. Man I'd love to get my hands on the Gorilla Pretender. I'll take a modern day update to a figure we never got as well.
Re: e-Hobby Magnificus Comic Teaser Image (1485529)
Posted by Flux Convoy on May 8th, 2013 @ 2:35pm CDT
I like that Ga'Mede is in the comic. What I don't like is that he isn't included with Magnificus. My two cents is that it's kind of a jerk move.
:BOT:
Re: e-Hobby Magnificus Comic Teaser Image (1489278)
Posted by El Duque on May 21st, 2013 @ 11:57pm CDT
e-Hobby continues to tease the release of their upcoming exclusive Magnificus. They're now posted several more pages from the exclusive comic that will come packed with the figure. As previously reported the comic appears to feature the never released Gorilla Double Pretender. It also looks as though G2 Eagle Eye is in the mix. Images mirrored below.

Re: e-Hobby Magnificus Comic Teaser Image (1489280)
Posted by Mkall on May 22nd, 2013 @ 12:06am CDT
Eagle Eye. Interesting.
Re: e-Hobby Magnificus Comic Teaser Image (1489281)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 22nd, 2013 @ 12:08am CDT
And they're in Iron Town from episode one of Transformers: Victory.
Re: e-Hobby Magnificus Comic Teaser Image (1489284)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on May 22nd, 2013 @ 12:31am CDT
Hah, I was just about to say Hawk.
Re: e-Hobby Magnificus Comic Teaser Image (1489320)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 22nd, 2013 @ 7:33am CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:Hah, I was just about to say Hawk.

Which would be his European name ;) Nice cameo there. I wouldn't be surprised if e-Hobby used the name of his canceled Japanese release, Hawking.

And it looks like Scrash is rearing his ugly head in the last panel.
Re: e-Hobby Magnificus Comic Teaser Image (1489330)
Posted by MagnetarPrime on May 22nd, 2013 @ 8:54am CDT
I really like this Magnificus Exclusive figure. I pre-ordered from BBTS as soon as I saw it, according to their site it is estimated to arrive May 2013 so it should not take too long. :grin:
Re: e-Hobby Magnificus Comic Teaser Image (1489450)
Posted by Stormrider on May 22nd, 2013 @ 6:30pm CDT
Pretty cool. Is that an antimatter energy cube he is holding in the last clip?
Re: e-Hobby Magnificus Comic Teaser Image (1523265)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 11th, 2013 @ 11:02am CDT
Arise dead topic!

Just received an email notification from Fun Pub that my e-HOBBY Generations Magnificus I preordered through the Club Store has shipped!

Censored version:
[quote]DO NOT REPLY to this email address as it is an automated shipping computer. If you have a question concerning your order, please email Admin2@FunPubInc.com.

A package was shipped to you on 10/15/2013 via U.S. Postal Service Priority Mail to the following address:

***************
***************
***************

Invoice Number *****

Package Description Magnificus w/ Comic (pre-order)

The following optional services were used: None

The package's Delivery Confirmation ID is ******************************

To check the delivery status of your package at any time please visit:
https://www.endicia.com/Status/?PIC=*** ... **********
or the U.S. Postal Service's web-site:

Shipping Department
Fun Publications Inc

***********************************************************************
NOTE:
This e-mail was generated by Endicia Internet Postage (http://www.Endicia.com)
at the sender's request. DO NOT CONTACT Endicia if you have any
questions about the shipment or the package delivery. Please contact
the sender of this e-mail or the U.S. Postal Service if you have
questions about the package delivery.[/quote]
Re: e-Hobby Magnificus Comic Teaser Image (1523280)
Posted by Mkall on October 11th, 2013 @ 11:49am CDT
NEAT. I'm excited for this guy.
Re: e-Hobby Magnificus Comic Teaser Image (1523290)
Posted by Autobot032 on October 11th, 2013 @ 12:16pm CDT
We previously reported on eHobby Magnificus, which is a redeco of Reveal The Shield Perceptor. (You can preorder yours here for $82.00)

Now, fellow Seibertronian Sabrblade alerted us this morning to an email he received the collector's club store telling him his eHobby Magnificus has been shipped! He had this to say:

Sabrblade wrote:Arise dead topic!

Censored version:

Package Description Magnificus w/ Comic (pre-order)

Shipping Department
Fun Publications Inc
[/quote]

It's safe to assume more and more emails will be showing up, the next one could be yours!

Re: e-Hobby Magnificus Comic Teaser Image (1523306)
Posted by megatronus on October 11th, 2013 @ 2:03pm CDT
$82 + shipping is a bit pricy. Maybe if he were $50.
Re: e-Hobby Magnificus Comic Teaser Image (1523308)
Posted by Autobot032 on October 11th, 2013 @ 2:15pm CDT
megatronus wrote:$82 + shipping is a bit pricy. Maybe if he were $50.

Indeed. The chrome is pretty, though.
Re: e-Hobby Magnificus Comic Teaser Image (1523309)
Posted by megatronus on October 11th, 2013 @ 2:17pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:
megatronus wrote:$82 + shipping is a bit pricy. Maybe if he were $50.

Indeed. The chrome is pretty, though.
=P~
Re: e-Hobby Magnificus Comic Teaser Image (1523360)
Posted by Metrosuplex on October 11th, 2013 @ 6:21pm CDT
Congrats Sabr! :APPLAUSE: Hope you enjoy it! :x

megatronus wrote:$82 + shipping is a bit pricy. Maybe if he were $50.

I kind of agree with Megatronus here. But even $50 is a lot for what's otherwise a repaint. Ehhh, I'm just peeved it's not a microscope proper, really, so I went 3rd Party. #-o

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #142 - Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One
"Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One"
Posted: Sunday, April 17th, 2016