e-Hobby Teases Their Next Exclusive: Magnificus?

Transformers News: e-Hobby Teases Their Next Exclusive: Magnificus?

Tuesday, March 19th, 2013 10:33AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 18,795

e-Hobby has teased their next exclusive, and all signs point to a Magnificus redeco of Reveal the Shield Deluxe Perceptor. Note the black and red colors used in the teaser image, and the three red circles that would match up with the spotlights found on RtS Perceptor's vehicle mode. The teaser also asks us to "Look Closer", upon further inspection of the three circles the letters E, O, N, B, M, & I can be seen. These letters can be rearranged to spell Mebion, which was the territory mentioned in the original toy's bio.

We will find out for sure on March 22nd. Check out the teaser below.

e-Hobby Teases Their Next Exclusive: Magnificus?

e-Hobby Teases Their Next Exclusive: Magnificus?
Credit(s): e-Hobby

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: e-Hobby Teases Their Next Exclusive: Magnificus? (1472833)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 19th, 2013 @ 10:50am CDT
E, O, N, B, M, I... Who is good with anagrams here?

And how much do you wanna bet that if it is Magnificus, he'll get the alternate G1-toy accurate head?
Re: e-Hobby Teases Their Next Exclusive: Magnificus? (1472834)
Posted by Mkall on March 19th, 2013 @ 10:52am CDT
Interesting. I wonder if this will see release by The Club too as Shattered Glass Perceptor given their partnership.
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:E, O, N, B, M, I... Who is good with anagrams here?

MEBION, a city referenced in G1 Magnificus's bio
Re: e-Hobby Teases Their Next Exclusive: Magnificus? (1472836)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 19th, 2013 @ 10:56am CDT
Mkall wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:E, O, N, B, M, I... Who is good with anagrams here?

MEBION, a city referenced in G1 Magnificus's bio

Dang you're good, especially with beating Sabrblade to the punch. :APPLAUSE: :BOWDOWN:
Re: e-Hobby Teases Their Next Exclusive: Magnificus? (1472837)
Posted by triKlops on March 19th, 2013 @ 10:57am CDT
Very interesting selection for a new Ehobby fig; although it has been long over due if this is the Perceptor repaint.
I like the interesting way this preview is presented; better than another silhouette!
Re: e-Hobby Teases Their Next Exclusive: Magnificus? (1472839)
Posted by Mkall on March 19th, 2013 @ 10:59am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Mkall wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:E, O, N, B, M, I... Who is good with anagrams here?

MEBION, a city referenced in G1 Magnificus's bio

Not really, I had done all the research and was on the cusp of posting my own news topic on this. Alas I was beaten to the punch by El Duque. I need to make sure the knowledge I gained doesn't go to waste.
Re: e-Hobby Teases Their Next Exclusive: Magnificus? (1472841)
Posted by formshifters on March 19th, 2013 @ 11:01am CDT
Also, "Look Closer" like a microscope would be useful for?
Re: e-Hobby Teases Their Next Exclusive: Magnificus? (1472844)
Posted by El Duque on March 19th, 2013 @ 11:07am CDT
Mkall wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Mkall wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:E, O, N, B, M, I... Who is good with anagrams here?

MEBION, a city referenced in G1 Magnificus's bio

It didn't, when I saw we had doubled up I robbed the info out of your post and added it to the news 8)

Re: e-Hobby Teases Their Next Exclusive: Magnificus? (1472849)
Posted by gothsaurus on March 19th, 2013 @ 11:18am CDT
I could see the club importing this guy, like they did SG Soundwave/Blaster. I don't think it will come into play at Botcon, unless it's being done as MW Soundwave.

I think it's probably more the case that they have the mold on the presses making a main-line Generations/United Reflector, and then decided it was a good exclusive to put out eHobby.

I'm certainly in for any or all of those. And actually, kinda too bad they didn't make a Soundwave retool out of this mold. The kitbashes I've seen looked spot on... probably more so than the actual FOC versions. If they put out Reflector, I may pick up an extra to make into a Soundwave eventually.
Re: e-Hobby Teases Their Next Exclusive: Magnificus? (1472851)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on March 19th, 2013 @ 11:21am CDT
Damn, I love black repaints, and have not gotten the Perceptor mold...

But... That price. I'm betting $60US at least. We'll see when it comes... Maybe it's worth rejoining the club for this...

On a side note, I'm still waiting for that reflector repaint supposedly hinted at at Comic Con '10.
Re: e-Hobby Teases Their Next Exclusive: Magnificus? (1472853)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 19th, 2013 @ 11:24am CDT
El Duque wrote:I think this almost guarantees that one of the Club exclusives this year will be SG Perceptor, :HEADHURTS:

The epitome of trolling: making SG Perceptor next year's freebie :lol:
Re: e-Hobby Teases Their Next Exclusive: Magnificus? (1472854)
Posted by gothsaurus on March 19th, 2013 @ 11:25am CDT
Yeah, I remember them showing the photos at Botcon. Can't believe it's been YEARS since. Seems like earlier than 2010.
Re: e-Hobby Teases Their Next Exclusive: Magnificus? (1472890)
Posted by Anonymous. on March 19th, 2013 @ 2:42pm CDT
Thought I was on a Kamen Rider forum and we were talking about OOO XD. Was neer a fan of this character, don't know why.
Re: e-Hobby Teases Their Next Exclusive: Magnificus? (1472892)
Posted by gothsaurus on March 19th, 2013 @ 2:48pm CDT
I was certainly a fan... besides being a large, black-and-red-and-silver fantastic looking figure... the pun in the name is unmatched. It refers to the alt mode, is quasi-Latin, and makes him out to be a grandiose cocky bad guy.

Plus, with the custom head I got for my G1 version (may have been from HondaSaint)... they have two distinct looks. The face plate is definitely more evil Decepticon. (You know, Optimus Prime aside. heh.)
Re: e-Hobby Teases Their Next Exclusive: Magnificus? (1472893)
Posted by GuyIncognito on March 19th, 2013 @ 2:52pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

The epitome of trolling: making SG Perceptor next year's freebie :lol:

I don't think it'll be the freebie. Even worse, I think TFCC will call this the next in their TFCC/e-Hobby cross-promotion thing, and it will be available in 2014 in limited quantities for the low, low price of $69.99.
Re: e-Hobby Teases Their Next Exclusive: Magnificus? (1472897)
Posted by gothsaurus on March 19th, 2013 @ 3:01pm CDT
2014.... NooooOOOOoooooo. Hope it arrives sooner than that.
Re: e-Hobby Teases Their Next Exclusive: Magnificus? (1472928)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 19th, 2013 @ 5:04pm CDT
Re: e-Hobby Teases Their Next Exclusive: Magnificus? (1472930)
Posted by Mkall on March 19th, 2013 @ 5:13pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:SG Perceptor uses the G1 body. They'd have to waste storytelling space to give reason for why he'd change bodies if the Club wanted to repurpose this into a new SG Perceptor toy.

In contrast, SG Soundwave has gone through 3 different bodies and SG Prime has also gone through a change. The Club's embraced it before, it would be simple enough to do so again.
Re: e-Hobby Teases Their Next Exclusive: Magnificus? (1472931)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 19th, 2013 @ 5:23pm CDT
Mkall wrote:

True. Just saying they'd have to do it yet again. :P
Re: e-Hobby Teases Their Next Exclusive: Magnificus? (1472933)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on March 19th, 2013 @ 5:28pm CDT
YES! I have been so entranced with this transformer for forever, and I know very little about him!

I. WILL. IMPORT. THIS.

Hands down.

=P~
Re: e-Hobby Teases Their Next Exclusive: Magnificus? (1473026)
Posted by daimchoc on March 20th, 2013 @ 7:13am CDT

c/o Autobase Aichi

Ending Soon On eBay

Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-Ltd Thundercracker Skywarp Gundam - Time Remaining: 6 days 1 minute 15 seconds
Transformers AD06 Crosshairs Action Figure movie advanced NEW - Time Remaining: 5 days 5 hours 17 minutes 2 seconds
Transformers G1 1986 ONSLAUGHT BOX (empty) bruticus classic version + manual - Time Remaining: 5 days 17 hours 33 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers AD07 Dinobot Slug Action Figure movie advanced NEW - Time Remaining: 7 days 1 hour 38 minutes 59 seconds
TRANSFORMERS E-HOBBY ORION PAX DION C-84 KUP REPAINT TAKARA REISSUE JAPANESE - Time Remaining: 5 days 15 hours 10 minutes 35 seconds
Transformers CUSTOM SANDSTORM Generations Prime Cybertron G1 Masterpiece - Time Remaining: 5 days 17 hours 28 minutes 1 second
Transformers AD09 Protoform Optimus Prime Action Figure movie advanced NEW - Time Remaining: 5 days 4 hours 52 minutes 55 seconds
MISB in USA - Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-12 Sideswipe reissue - Time Remaining: 5 days 1 hour 2 minutes 43 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive