e-Hobby / TFCC SG Soundwave Vs. Blaster Solarbot Revealed

Transformers News: e-Hobby / TFCC SG Soundwave Vs. Blaster Solarbot Revealed

Friday, September 14th, 2012 8:10AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 24,078

e-Hobby has revealed the fifth cassette in the Shattered Glass Soundwave vs. Blaster set, Solarbot! The figure is a translucent yellow redeco of the G1 Eject/Rewind mold. Visit TFCC to place your pre-order for this set by clicking here.

Re: New e-Hobby/TFCC SG Soundwave Vs. Blaster Images, Pre-Orders and more
Credit(s): e-Hobby
Re: e-Hobby / TFCC SG Soundwave Vs. Blaster Solarbot Revealed (1420117)
Posted by Rated X on September 14th, 2012 @ 9:26am CDT
Re: e-Hobby / TFCC SG Soundwave Vs. Blaster Solarbot Revealed (1420121)
Posted by gothsaurus on September 14th, 2012 @ 9:35am CDT
I agree about them all collaborating and sharing better. I do think the club and ehobby collaborating is a good sign for the future... same with the club subscription.

Mind you, the pricing will always be affected by the limited run of a rare toy, sadly. All the production and labor costs can't be spread out across millions of toys. >:oP

I wonder what the final run of this one will turn out. Hmmm.
Re: e-Hobby / TFCC SG Soundwave Vs. Blaster Solarbot Revealed (1420122)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on September 14th, 2012 @ 9:38am CDT
I decided to preorder it. By January of next year, I guess I'll have the dough to get it and that's when BBTS will get it in..

I like the tapes, and Solarbot looks great. And I really dig this white Soundwave. This will actually be my very first Shattered Glass Autobot.
Re: e-Hobby / TFCC SG Soundwave Vs. Blaster Solarbot Revealed (1420146)
Posted by Trikeboy on September 14th, 2012 @ 10:21am CDT
Well, I was all geared up to order this but I have other things that my money will be going towards. Maybe I will be able to pick it up later.
Re: e-Hobby / TFCC SG Soundwave Vs. Blaster Solarbot Revealed (1420150)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 14th, 2012 @ 10:29am CDT
Really curious as to what Solarbot's story is and how he ties to the SG guys. 8)
Re: e-Hobby / TFCC SG Soundwave Vs. Blaster Solarbot Revealed (1420200)
Posted by gothsaurus on September 14th, 2012 @ 12:49pm CDT
I'm usually opposed to clear "repaints," but given this guy's glowing disposition — and knowing how much a lemon yellow bot looks like a kid toy — I think this guy's going to look really good. Nice call.
Re: e-Hobby / TFCC SG Soundwave Vs. Blaster Solarbot Revealed (1420253)
Posted by KNM2012 on September 14th, 2012 @ 4:27pm CDT
Rated X wrote:As cool as it looks, I think it is way overpriced compared to the Twincast and Sounblasters. And dont give me crap about its "E hobby". In my opinion, Takara, Encore, E-Hobby, all work together and share the same molds so they should be the same prices.

Okay... Encore is a reissue line created by Takara Tomy. It is not a separate group, such as e-HOBBY or even Hobby Town.

And e-HOBBY is a collaborator, and not owned by by Takara Tomy. So while Takara Tomy does make the figures through their factories, e-HOBBY has to pay them something to allow their stuff to exist.

Hence the exclusive pricing, versus the mass production pricing of TOMY's Encore line. >:oP
Re: e-Hobby / TFCC SG Soundwave Vs. Blaster Solarbot Revealed (1420311)
Posted by triKlops on September 14th, 2012 @ 7:21pm CDT
i am interested to find out what the story behind Solar bot is.
looks cool regardless
Re: e-Hobby / TFCC SG Soundwave Vs. Blaster Solarbot Revealed (1421838)
Posted by El Duque on September 19th, 2012 @ 3:54pm CDT
Couple of quick updates on the e-Hobby/TFCC Shattered Glass Soundwave vs. Blaster set. First TFCC have tweeted that the pre-order deadline has been moved up to October 2nd, so if you're interested in pre-ordering through them you might want to get a move on! Second e-Hobby have posted a small preview of the exclusive 12 page comic that will come packed with the set with art by Hidetsugu Yoshioka.

Re: e-Hobby / TFCC SG Soundwave Vs. Blaster Solarbot Revealed (1421893)
Posted by Trikeboy on September 19th, 2012 @ 7:24pm CDT
Forgive me if this is a stupid question but the e-Hobby set will be available from retailers such as Robotkingdom, right? TFC are doing is so people in the US don't have to pay import fees, right? So, there is no need to rush to preorder since I can get the e-Hobby version another time.
Re: e-Hobby / TFCC SG Soundwave Vs. Blaster Solarbot Revealed (1422474)
Posted by El Duque on September 21st, 2012 @ 8:26am CDT
e-Hobby has posted more packaging shots of their upcoming collaboration with TFCC, Shattered Glass Soundwave vs. Blaster. The set features Shattered Glass repaints of G1 Soundwave, Slugfest, Ratbat, Blaster, Ramhorn, and Rewind. Plus a Solarbot redeco of Eject in translucent yellow. The deadline to order this set through TFCC is October 2nd.

Re: e-Hobby / TFCC SG Soundwave Vs. Blaster Solarbot Revealed (1422492)
Posted by gothsaurus on September 21st, 2012 @ 9:26am CDT

Oh. In response to someone's post above, I read that the USA version has an English version of the comic. Since they went out of their way to mention that, it may be that the Japan version has a Japanese one. eHobby buyers may not be able to read their comic. (???)
Re: e-Hobby / TFCC SG Soundwave Vs. Blaster Solarbot Revealed (1422509)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 21st, 2012 @ 10:36am CDT
gothsaurus wrote:I LOVE how they used the convention artwork to mimic the old G1 boxes. This is shaping up to be a really nice exclusive.

This being e-HOBBY, the comic will probably have both English and Japanese text on it.

Though, it's possible the USA version might have the Japanese text taken out.
Re: e-Hobby / TFCC SG Soundwave Vs. Blaster Solarbot Revealed (1422514)
Posted by gothsaurus on September 21st, 2012 @ 10:48am CDT
Yeah, it would make sense to plan it all as bilingual to save on printing costs. It never bothers me seeing two languages. It's usually kinda cool. I like trying to learn a bit of new languages.

Mind you... the exception would be the tri-lingual packaging where they delete the bio, description, instructions to make room for all the duplicate text... Ahhh, I long for the good ole days when the instructions had words. A little explanation like "this part will tab-in" would do wonders for the modern ones.

But I digress.
Re: e-Hobby / TFCC SG Soundwave Vs. Blaster Solarbot Revealed (1422545)
Posted by redoutlander on September 21st, 2012 @ 11:35am CDT
Yea bilingual wouldn't be bad at all. I actually like that kind of thing; it shows a kind of partnership between the country that made it and the country it will be sold in.

Once they add more than that it gets ugly. I always think it’s funny to see products that have instructions in English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, exc. Those languages are all SO similar it doesn't make sense to have them all pointing to a picture of a car saying: (EN)automobile, (FR)automobile, (ES)automóvil, (PO)automóvel. I think we can figure that one out.
Re: e-Hobby / TFCC SG Soundwave Vs. Blaster Solarbot Revealed (1422641)
Posted by Anonymous. on September 21st, 2012 @ 2:40pm CDT
The packaging looks really nice. Too bad this sucker's so expensive.
Re: e-Hobby / TFCC SG Soundwave Vs. Blaster Solarbot Revealed (1444072)
Posted by Mkall on December 4th, 2012 @ 10:26am CST
e-Hobby and the Transformers Collector's Club have teamed up to bring us the Solar Requiem set, featuring Shattered Glass repaints of G1 Blaster, Soundwave, Ratbat, Slugfest, Rewind, Ramhorn and Solarbot (not a SG-character). The cover of the 10-page comic has been revealed, naturally featuring Soundwave and Blaster. We can also catch a glimpse of one of the pages inside which shows a mixture of normal-verse characters and Shattered Glass characters interacting, indicating that this will take place after the events of the Botcon 2012 Comic, Invasion.

The Japanese version of the comic will be available to those who have purchased this from e-Hobby[ while an English version will be available to those that had pre-ordered this set from the Transformers Collectors Club Store.

Re: e-Hobby / TFCC SG Soundwave Vs. Blaster Solarbot Revealed (1444090)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 4th, 2012 @ 10:48am CST
Looks to be a direct sequel to "Invasion".

Mkall wrote:featuring Shattered Glass repaints of G1 Blaster, Soundwave, Ratbat, Slugfest, Rewind and Solar.
Solarbot. And Ramhorn. ;)
Re: e-Hobby / TFCC SG Soundwave Vs. Blaster Solarbot Revealed (1444122)
Posted by Mkall on December 4th, 2012 @ 11:41am CST
Sabrblade wrote:Looks to be a direct sequel to "Invasion".

Solarbot. And Ramhorn. ;)

Whoops, fixed.
Re: e-Hobby / TFCC SG Soundwave Vs. Blaster Solarbot Revealed (1444169)
Posted by STngAR on December 4th, 2012 @ 1:32pm CST
I almost forgot I ordered these. :MAXIMAL:

Ending Soon On eBay

2007 Botcon Exclusive G1 Transformers Vector Sigma Key Stand SEALED FREESHIP - Time Remaining: 4 days 2 hours 31 minutes 31 seconds
Used TakaraTomy Transformers Movie RD-04 Soundwave Painted - Time Remaining: 3 days 14 hours 6 minutes 59 seconds
TRANSFORMERS G1 Jetfire LOOSE - Time Remaining: 4 days 2 hours 3 minutes 17 seconds
TRANSFORMERS MOVIE 2007 MEGATRON LEADER CLASS  COMPLETE  WITH BOX - Time Remaining: 3 days 14 hours 10 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers Cybertron Galaxy Force Megatron GD01 Dark Liger Nemesis Prime EX-01 - Time Remaining: 3 days 9 hours 57 minutes 23 seconds
TAKARA Transformers Masterpiece MP-28 HOT ROD RODIMUS action figure instock - Time Remaining: 3 days 16 hours 44 minutes 7 seconds
Case Of 3 Transformers Combiner Wars Victorion Torchbearers Boxed Set - Time Remaining: 4 days 13 hours 24 minutes 10 seconds
Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Hook and Ladder Heatwave - Time Remaining: 4 days 9 hours 45 minutes 26 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #146 - Happy Accidents