e-Hobby / TFCC Solar Requiem Comic Book Teaser

Transformers News: e-Hobby / TFCC Solar Requiem Comic Book Teaser

Tuesday, December 4th, 2012 10:28AM CST

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Mkall   Views: 49,301

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

e-Hobby and the Transformers Collector's Club have teamed up to bring us the Solar Requiem set, featuring Shattered Glass repaints of G1 Blaster, Soundwave, Ratbat, Slugfest, Rewind, Ramhorn and Solarbot (not a SG-character). The cover of the 10-page comic has been revealed, naturally featuring Soundwave and Blaster. We can also catch a glimpse of one of the pages inside which shows a mixture of normal-verse characters and Shattered Glass characters interacting, indicating that this will take place after the events of the Botcon 2012 Comic, Invasion.

The Japanese version of the comic will be available to those who have purchased this from e-Hobby[ while an English version will be available to those that had pre-ordered this set from the Transformers Collectors Club Store.

e-Hobby/TFCC Solar Requiem Comic Book Teaser
Credit(s): e-Hobby
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: e-Hobby / TFCC Solar Requiem Comic Book Teaser (1444090)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 4th, 2012 @ 10:48am CST
Looks to be a direct sequel to "Invasion".

Mkall wrote:featuring Shattered Glass repaints of G1 Blaster, Soundwave, Ratbat, Slugfest, Rewind and Solar.
Solarbot. And Ramhorn. ;)
Re: e-Hobby / TFCC Solar Requiem Comic Book Teaser (1444122)
Posted by Mkall on December 4th, 2012 @ 11:41am CST
Sabrblade wrote:Looks to be a direct sequel to "Invasion".

Mkall wrote:featuring Shattered Glass repaints of G1 Blaster, Soundwave, Ratbat, Slugfest, Rewind and Solar.
Solarbot. And Ramhorn. ;)

Whoops, fixed.
Re: e-Hobby / TFCC Solar Requiem Comic Book Teaser (1444169)
Posted by STngAR on December 4th, 2012 @ 1:32pm CST
I almost forgot I ordered these. :MAXIMAL:
Re: e-Hobby / TFCC Solar Requiem Comic Book Teaser (1444731)
Posted by El Duque on December 6th, 2012 @ 10:48pm CST
Quick update to the e-Hobby/TFCC "Solar Requiem" comic news from a couple of days ago, e-Hobby has posted another preview, this time in English. An English version of the all new 12 page comic will come packed with the TFCC version of the Shattered Glass Soundwave vs. Blaster set.

Re: e-Hobby / TFCC Solar Requiem Comic Book Teaser (1444856)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 7th, 2012 @ 11:29am CST
Damn, can't read that small.
Re: e-Hobby / TFCC Solar Requiem Comic Book Teaser (1444882)
Posted by Mkall on December 7th, 2012 @ 1:12pm CST
I am looking forward to these, even though I'm really only going to display the cassettes.

You can't have too many mini-cassettes.
Re: e-Hobby / TFCC Solar Requiem Comic Book Teaser (1446502)
Posted by El Duque on December 14th, 2012 @ 7:54am CST
e-Hobby have tweeted new images of their upcoming Shattered Glass Soundwave vs. Blaster set. The set, which is collaboration with TFCC, features Shattered Glass Universe redecos of G1 Soundwave, Ratbat, Slugfest, Blaster, Ramhorn, and Rewind, plus Eject repainted as Solarbot. The set is scheduled to release next month. Check out the new images mirrored below, oddly Blaster is sporting a red Autobot faction symbol, which would normally be purple in the Shattered Glass Universe.







Re: e-Hobby / TFCC Solar Requiem Comic Book Teaser (1446516)
Posted by joevill on December 14th, 2012 @ 9:10am CST
I can't wait to get them! :BOWDOWN:
Re: e-Hobby / TFCC Solar Requiem Comic Book Teaser (1446526)
Posted by Mkall on December 14th, 2012 @ 10:14am CST
Nice. I had almost forgotten that I had put in a preorder for these guys
Re: e-Hobby / TFCC Solar Requiem Comic Book Teaser (1446541)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 14th, 2012 @ 10:58am CST
El Duque wrote:...oddly Blaster is sporting a red Autobot faction symbol, which would normally be purple in the Shattered Glass Universe.


Maybe it's the lighting?

Yeah, I find that a little peculiar.
Re: e-Hobby / TFCC Solar Requiem Comic Book Teaser (1446543)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 14th, 2012 @ 11:05am CST
Mindmaster wrote:
El Duque wrote:...oddly Blaster is sporting a red Autobot faction symbol, which would normally be purple in the Shattered Glass Universe.


Maybe it's the lighting?

Yeah, I find that a little peculiar.


It's the lighting, combined with the teal door. The contrast makes the purple seem red.
Re: e-Hobby / TFCC Solar Requiem Comic Book Teaser (1446544)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 14th, 2012 @ 11:06am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
El Duque wrote:...oddly Blaster is sporting a red Autobot faction symbol, which would normally be purple in the Shattered Glass Universe.


Maybe it's the lighting?

Yeah, I find that a little peculiar.


It's the lighting, combined with the teal door. The contrast makes the purple seem red.


See? Genius! :-B
Re: e-Hobby / TFCC Solar Requiem Comic Book Teaser (1446558)
Posted by alldarker on December 14th, 2012 @ 11:58am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
El Duque wrote:...oddly Blaster is sporting a red Autobot faction symbol, which would normally be purple in the Shattered Glass Universe.


Maybe it's the lighting?

Yeah, I find that a little peculiar.


It's the lighting, combined with the teal door. The contrast makes the purple seem red.

Exactly this. Well spotted... If you shield your eyes from the teal, you'll actually see the Autobot faction symbol isn't as red as you first thought.
Re: e-Hobby / TFCC Solar Requiem Comic Book Teaser (1446652)
Posted by Relic Dinobot on December 14th, 2012 @ 6:30pm CST
I really can't wait for these guys to be released! And that picture of Slugfest being Robin to Ratbat's Batman is pure genius. :D
Re: e-Hobby / TFCC Solar Requiem Comic Book Teaser (1447396)
Posted by El Duque on December 17th, 2012 @ 11:40pm CST
e-Hobby has tweeted a trio of new images from their upcoming exclusive set with TFCC Shattered Glass Blaster vs. Soundwave. These three give us a look at evil Blaster in both modes and heroic Slugfest. Images mirrored below.





Re: e-Hobby / TFCC Solar Requiem Comic Book Teaser (1447400)
Posted by Flux Convoy on December 17th, 2012 @ 11:54pm CST
It really kinda stinks that the first collaboration with ehobby gets a miscolored faction symbol on Blaster. Hope that gets fixed for the US release. I'm not holding my breath but I am crossing my fingers. His alt mode looks nice in those colors. Really wish they had used the Device and Music Label figures for this set. I don't want G1 figures in my Shattered Glass. It's like moving backwards. They're great toys for what they are. What they are is old though and quite overused at this point.
:BOT:
Re: e-Hobby / TFCC Solar Requiem Comic Book Teaser (1447403)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 18th, 2012 @ 12:03am CST
Flux Convoy wrote:It really kinda stinks that the first collaboration with ehobby gets a miscolored faction symbol on Blaster. Hope that gets fixed for the US release. I'm not holding my breath but I am crossing my fingers.
What she said:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:It's the lighting, combined with the teal door. The contrast makes the purple seem red.


Flux Convoy wrote:His alt mode looks nice in those colors. Really wish they had used the Device and Music Label figures for this set. I don't want G1 figures in my Shattered Glass. It's like moving backwards. They're great toys for what they are. What they are is old though and quite overused at this point.
:BOT:
They're in G1 bodies in the fiction, so that's what they went with for the toys.

Plus, there's folks like SG Perceptor and SG Ravage whose designs were originally based on G1 toys (Magnificus and Glit, respectively). ;)
Re: e-Hobby / TFCC Solar Requiem Comic Book Teaser (1447422)
Posted by alldarker on December 18th, 2012 @ 1:49am CST
So... if this is Shattered Glass, why does evil Autobot Blaster come with Slugfest, who is originally a Decepticon in the 'regular universe'? In the Shattered Glass Universe, that would make him Heroic Decepticon Slugfest, right?
Re: e-Hobby / TFCC Solar Requiem Comic Book Teaser (1447452)
Posted by Relic Dinobot on December 18th, 2012 @ 6:05am CST
alldarker wrote:So... if this is Shattered Glass, why does evil Autobot Blaster come with Slugfest, who is originally a Decepticon in the 'regular universe'? In the Shattered Glass Universe, that would make him Heroic Decepticon Slugfest, right?


He is heroic Decepticon Slugfest. They probably just shared three random pics to show off the final look of the products. ;)
Re: e-Hobby / TFCC Solar Requiem Comic Book Teaser (1447475)
Posted by Flux Convoy on December 18th, 2012 @ 8:43am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:It's the lighting, combined with the teal door. The contrast makes the purple seem red.

I don't think so. Check the alt mode picture again. That faction symbol is obviously red and not purple in any shade, contrast or no.
:BOT:

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering
Twincast / Podcast #136:
"The Gathering"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, January 30th, 2016