Evolution Of Bumblebee In Hand Images

Sunday, June 29th, 2014 6:30PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 48,654

Age Of Extinction is now in theaters and with each new Transformers film, comes a slew of new Bumblebees. You've already seen High Octane Bumblebee at retail, but we've only seen the new concept Camaro Bumblebee in images with incorrect transformations and odd proportions.

Well, thanks to fellow TF fans Daim Choc and his buddies SiuGui Mok and Oscar Fung, we now have in hand images of the upcoming concept Camaro Bumblebee as seen in Age Of Extinction. Not only do we get to see the correct transformation, we also get to see all of his included gimmicks!

His featured gimmicks are as follows:
Flip out arm cannon
Flip down battle mask
Plus he comes with the spiked throwing stars we've seen in promotional images and on the CGI renders of both Bumblebee and the KSI Stinger.

He also comes packed with Generations Legends Bumblebee in a new deco and a re-purposed and redeceod Mech Tech weapon from the Dark Of The Moon toyline. You'll notice this Bumblebee has unpainted arms, while official images and the figure on display at BotCon are painted. As with previous Evolution releases, the included figure is the same as the wide release figures.

The Evolution 2-Packs are exclusive to Toys R Us stores and these first two sightings have occurred in Hong Kong. As previous releases show us, it's usually anywhere from 10 days to about 3 weeks before these items make their debut in US stores, so it won't be too much longer of a wait.

We've mirrored the images below:

Credit(s): Oscar Fung, SiuGuii Mok, Daim Choc
Re: Evolution Of Bumblebee In Hand Images (1586700)
Posted by Shuttershock on June 29th, 2014 @ 6:42pm CDT
That's certainly better looking than it was. Looks like some good articulation for poseability, plus I can dig a return to integrated arm cannons, especially when there's no where to store it in vehicle mode.

Funny how they still can't find something better to do with the hood/window kibble. Also, it's just occurred to me that BB doesn't have door-wings with the new design, just these ninja star things.

Also funny how he, in the movie, responds to being better than the "superior" Stinger model... by changing form into looking exactly like him. Oh well, it'll make the Stinger remold easier.
Re: Evolution Of Bumblebee In Hand Images (1586703)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 29th, 2014 @ 6:50pm CDT
Methinks the photographer could've cut back a little...

Too bad he's such a blatant shell-former, though I assume they're going to re-shell it for Stinger. Which strikes me as a weird concept, two identical bots with two different-but-kinda-the-same alt modes (i.e. they're both cars, it's not like one's a plane or something).
Re: Evolution Of Bumblebee In Hand Images (1586710)
Posted by RAcast on June 29th, 2014 @ 7:10pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:Methinks the photographer could've cut back a little...

Stinger is, I assume intentionally, very Cliffjumper-esque.

As for the Bee? I'm actually really impressed. Might have to pick this one up after all.
Re: Evolution Of Bumblebee In Hand Images (1586711)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 29th, 2014 @ 7:15pm CDT
RAcast wrote:
Noideaforaname wrote:Methinks the photographer could've cut back a little...

Stinger is, I assume intentionally, very Cliffjumper-esque.

Yeah, I hate to admit it, but I agree: I'm tempted to pick him up as well. Out of the hundreds of movie-verse Bumblebees they pumped out in the past seven years, I've only gotten two: the first Camaro Concept Deluxe from 2007, and the Human Alliance figure. I've fought long and hard fighting the Yellow Plague, but so far, the Age of Extinction Camaro Concept Deluxe, the Human Alliance, and the Battle Blades figures are the best 'Bees there are.
Re: Evolution Of Bumblebee In Hand Images (1586715)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on June 29th, 2014 @ 7:58pm CDT
I kinda want this more for the legends Bumblebee than the deluxe, he and legends Clffjumper will look great on my classcs shelf
Re: Evolution Of Bumblebee In Hand Images (1586716)
Posted by HiddenElephant on June 29th, 2014 @ 8:46pm CDT
I have to admit, I'm finding it more and more interesting that Hasbro is including waists with peg-holes in them to support being put on a stand. Scorn has it, Strafe has it, it only too me to find the peg-hole on the dino-jaw for Voyager Grimlock.......
Re: Evolution Of Bumblebee In Hand Images (1586720)
Posted by Ultra Markus on June 29th, 2014 @ 9:12pm CDT
the more complicated the AOE robot designs are the more simplified the transformations of the toys get!!
Re: Evolution Of Bumblebee In Hand Images (1586726)
Posted by Flashwave on June 29th, 2014 @ 9:43pm CDT
I'm getting tired of buying Bumblebees... Does he have two wrist guns?
Re: Evolution Of Bumblebee In Hand Images (1586740)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 29th, 2014 @ 10:20pm CDT
The first AoE Bee is pretty meh. I'll get it on clearance only. However, that new Bee look BAD-ASS! I may buy the set on sight at full price if I ever see it in store. And I WILL see it. There's --gasp!-- FRENCH on the packaging! On a TrU exclusive no less! Now, if only they would do the same on their Platinums editions and MPs...
Re: Evolution Of Bumblebee In Hand Images (1586757)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 29th, 2014 @ 11:17pm CDT
Simplicity was mentioned, and it looks like the transformation might be a bit more involved than we're lead to believe. At least in the legs. As for reshelling, yeah, looks like that's what's going to happen with the KSI Stinger, but you know what? As long as we get both of them, I have zero complaints.

Noideaforaname wrote:Methinks the photographer could've cut back a little...

There were two, actually. Both Oscar Fung and SiuGui Mok took pictures of their finds, that's why there are so many pictures. Still, we get a good look at the figure and I'm more impressed than I was at first. The back kibble is awful, no doubt, but the mask and cannon sold me. Plus, he looks rather posable.
Re: Evolution Of Bumblebee In Hand Images (1586758)
Posted by The Thuggernaut on June 29th, 2014 @ 11:20pm CDT
Does anyone know what stand they used?
Re: Evolution Of Bumblebee In Hand Images (1586766)
Posted by Observedhalo on June 29th, 2014 @ 11:48pm CDT
My reaction when I first saw the mold in promo shots. >:oP

When I saw it in person at Botcon. :-?

When I saw this gallery. =P~

At first I was just going to get him for completion sake but I'm actually exited for him now. I would gladly buy a Stinger re-shell, but only if it has a new head. Hope the mold has two arm cannons. Hoping the TakaraTomy and Platinum edition has a more consistent paint job and the Battle Mask eyes painted.
Re: Evolution Of Bumblebee In Hand Images (1586788)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on June 30th, 2014 @ 2:27am CDT
Re: Evolution Of Bumblebee In Hand Images (1586791)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 30th, 2014 @ 2:35am CDT
Observedhalo wrote:My reaction when I first saw the mold in promo shots. >:oP

When I saw it in person at Botcon. :-?

When I saw this gallery. =P~

The face with the visor down is the accurate Stinger head, as far as I can remember. So, we'll probably end up with a redecoed head and remolded shell. If they're smart, the mold the head all one piece to help differentiate between the two uses of the mold.

Evil_the_Nub wrote:I think he's only got one arm cannon. There's a rectangular cut on his right arm that isn't on the left. I'm assuming that's where the cannon flips around.

You are correct, it's his right arm only.
Re: Evolution Of Bumblebee In Hand Images (1586801)
Posted by Observedhalo on June 30th, 2014 @ 3:03am CDT
Autobot032 wrote:
Observedhalo wrote:My reaction when I first saw the mold in promo shots. >:oP

When I saw it in person at Botcon. :-?

When I saw this gallery. =P~

You are correct, it's his right arm only.

I'm fine with the one arm cannon, that's how it was in the movie, I just like symmetry. Just checked out Stingers head. Its more streamlined under the visor then toy Bumblebees, and I think it would be to much effor for them to mold Bee's head in one piece. Basically, only the top half is the same. Also, do you think that he will get a release overseas?
Re: Evolution Of Bumblebee In Hand Images (1586804)
Posted by ALCblackout2498 on June 30th, 2014 @ 3:10am CDT
That's one fugly looking bumblebee... I'm really hating the whole "simplified" path Hasbro is going.
Re: Evolution Of Bumblebee In Hand Images (1586808)
Posted by TimothyR on June 30th, 2014 @ 3:58am CDT
i'm excited for this figure.. i'm glad that after 7 years we're finally getting a new bumblebee mold without reused legs.

but..

i don't understand how any of you can like this "battle mask".. it is ABSOLUTE garbage compared to what it actually looks like.

i'd MUCH rather have a molded mask rather than this sorry excuse for one. .. i'd also like some of his other weapons.

like i said, i'm excited for this figure, but the mask sucks.
Re: Evolution Of Bumblebee In Hand Images (1586837)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on June 30th, 2014 @ 7:47am CDT
Actually, I kinda like this. If it wasn't for his cheap looking arms, i would probably get him.
Re: Evolution Of Bumblebee In Hand Images (1586875)
Posted by autobot1979 on June 30th, 2014 @ 11:35am CDT
Re: Evolution Of Bumblebee In Hand Images (1586890)
Posted by Madeus Prime on June 30th, 2014 @ 12:32pm CDT
autobot1979 wrote:It looks good I think by the way they designed hasbro did a nice job. We need Stinger now. I will be very annoyed if they don't make deluxe Stinger. Like Dino they should invent a mode and call it Italian sport car , instead of give a mold we already had. I won't buy Dino for me is just a different head. But this Bumblebee I like.

It's been implied that Stinger will just be Wal-Mart or Target exclusive. And I seriously hope they reshell this guy to look like a Pagini in stead of a generic repaint or blah sports car. That is the sweetest looking vehicle besides Drift in the whole movie.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #145 - May Mayhem