Transformers News: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Ultra Magnus, Perceptor, Wheeljack, Blast Off, and more!

Tuesday, August 21st, 2012 3:56PM CDT

Category: Game News
Posted by: GetRightRobot   Views: 46,596

With today's multi-platform release of High Moon Studios Transformers: Fall of Cybertron comes the first of, hopefully many downloadable content packs. This is currently available on the XBox 360, and Playstation 3 for $10.00USD or 800 ms points for XBox 360. Some pictures have been posted of Ultra Magnus, Perceptor, Wheeljack and Blast Off! Not only does this pack unlock these epic characters for multiplayer use, it also adds their parts to the customization menus! So if you need a Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus, here is your oppurtunity!

Also available, and exclusive to XBox are costumes and pets for your Avatar including Prime and Megatron disguises and pet Laserbeak and Grimlock! Check out the images below!

Click any image to see the original posted by Angelwave over at TFW2005.com
Credit(s): Angelwave from TFW2005.com
Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Ultra Magnus, Perceptor, Wheeljack, Blast Off, and more! (1412092)
Posted by noodles2go on August 21st, 2012 @ 4:06pm CDT
While I do believe DLC can be good if, say the game is complete and months after it's release, developers offer additional content that was created after the games release. But DLC on day one? That's just absurd... also, 4 skins for $10?! no actual game content?

No, I'm not surprised, and because I'm a hardcore TF fan I may even get it at some point. Activision wins. I just wanted to vent my disapproval...
Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Ultra Magnus, Perceptor, Wheeljack, Blast Off, and more! (1412094)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on August 21st, 2012 @ 4:07pm CDT
Magnus looks awesome but i wouldnt pay $10 for a few extra characters in multiplayer, if they were all playable in single player and online then maybe or even if it also gave you a few extra maps but just a few characters i think not.

And once again we PS3 users get the shaft, xbox gets avatar crap but we get nothing. How about stuff for PS Home or some avatars? Oh well guess we'll just keep our money or give it to your rival companies.
Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Ultra Magnus, Perceptor, Wheeljack, Blast Off, and more! (1412099)
Posted by phase on August 21st, 2012 @ 4:18pm CDT
I can't deal with how much I want these. Some of the sickest designs ever. Also, Perceptor's a titan? REVENGE OF THE NERDS! Also, a tank that's a sniper amuses me.
Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Ultra Magnus, Perceptor, Wheeljack, Blast Off, and more! (1412100)
Posted by griftimus prime on August 21st, 2012 @ 4:22pm CDT
magnus looks cool. why is perceptor so big?
Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Ultra Magnus, Perceptor, Wheeljack, Blast Off, and more! (1412101)
Posted by Hotrodimust on August 21st, 2012 @ 4:34pm CDT
I'm about to p,ay this right now
Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Ultra Magnus, Perceptor, Wheeljack, Blast Off, and more! (1412102)
Posted by cor2879 on August 21st, 2012 @ 4:35pm CDT
griftimus prime wrote:why is perceptor so big?

It's not necessarily all that inaccurate. Remember Perceptor's G1 toy? He was friggin' huge!
Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Ultra Magnus, Perceptor, Wheeljack, Blast Off, and more! (1412106)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on August 21st, 2012 @ 4:47pm CDT
I'm excited to see that some of the WFC DS Exclusive characters are being moved over to the Console; Ultra Magnus, and Drag Strip.

Now let's see some Coneheads and the rest of the Stunticons!
Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Ultra Magnus, Perceptor, Wheeljack, Blast Off, and more! (1412114)
Posted by RustPlague on August 21st, 2012 @ 5:47pm CDT
no Zeta Prime pics?
Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Ultra Magnus, Perceptor, Wheeljack, Blast Off, and more! (1412115)
Posted by Anonymous. on August 21st, 2012 @ 5:50pm CDT
[color=teal]1st Day DLC is silly.

I would have gotten this for Wheeljack but the Jazz body set is better ^^

[/color]
Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Ultra Magnus, Perceptor, Wheeljack, Blast Off, and more! (1412143)
Posted by bluecatcinema on August 21st, 2012 @ 7:31pm CDT
Why does Ultra Magnus have a Decepticon symbol on his shoulder?
Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Ultra Magnus, Perceptor, Wheeljack, Blast Off, and more! (1412159)
Posted by PaxCybertron82 on August 21st, 2012 @ 8:44pm CDT
Day one DLC is a crock? Yes.
4 Skins with no Content for 10 bucks? Lame.
Did I totally buy this the moment I logged on? *Sigh* YES. :BANG_HEAD:

Dang you Activision and your awesome designs!
Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Ultra Magnus, Perceptor, Wheeljack, Blast Off, and more! (1412167)
Posted by OptimalRodimus on August 21st, 2012 @ 9:31pm CDT
ViperEye82 wrote:Day one DLC is a crock? Yes.
4 Skins with no Content for 10 bucks? Lame.
Did I totally buy this the moment I logged on? *Sigh* YES. :BANG_HEAD:

Dang you Activision and your awesome designs!

I feel the same way. Not much value in this DLC, yet I am still going to buy it...
Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Ultra Magnus, Perceptor, Wheeljack, Blast Off, and more! (1412170)
Posted by PaxCybertron82 on August 21st, 2012 @ 9:40pm CDT
OptimalRodimus wrote:
ViperEye82 wrote:Day one DLC is a crock? Yes.
4 Skins with no Content for 10 bucks? Lame.
Did I totally buy this the moment I logged on? *Sigh* YES. :BANG_HEAD:

Dang you Activision and your awesome designs!

Well, I have to admit, they are really cool skins. I mean, Wheeljack is pretty awesome for a scout! :BOT:
Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Ultra Magnus, Perceptor, Wheeljack, Blast Off, and more! (1412171)
Posted by ninjascythe79 on August 21st, 2012 @ 10:05pm CDT
Ok so Blastoff is a scientist but Wheeljack and Perceptor are not hmmmmmm. Mabe they should call them flyers or seekers or something. This game still Rocks
Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Ultra Magnus, Perceptor, Wheeljack, Blast Off, and more! (1412180)
Posted by Noideaforaname on August 21st, 2012 @ 10:42pm CDT
bluecatcinema wrote:Why does Ultra Magnus have a Decepticon symbol on his shoulder?

Apparently because the only way to get him in the "right" colors is as a Decepticon.
Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Ultra Magnus, Perceptor, Wheeljack, Blast Off, and more! (1412183)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 21st, 2012 @ 10:52pm CDT
Magnus looks a little different from his WFC design, but still cool. Guess he upgraded too.

Though, it is kinda too bad that his toy is just another Optimus remold when we have these cool designs that a toy could have been made from.

Perceptor's pretty beefy looking. And with that altmode, he's one geek you don't want to mess with. He will break you, and then blast you... for SCIENCE! :P

Loving Jackie's look! He's totally a pre-Earth version of Prime Jackie (as that's the version of Wheeljack this design most resembles).

Blast Off is... as he should be.
Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Ultra Magnus, Perceptor, Wheeljack, Blast Off, and more! (1412203)
Posted by MasterSoundBlaster on August 22nd, 2012 @ 12:07am CDT
Wow DLC already? Oh well cause Wheeljack and Magnus look great!!

Really would have thought Perceptor and Blast-Off would have been already included...Oh well I guess.

Still waiting on Dinobot DLC now >:oP
Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Ultra Magnus, Perceptor, Wheeljack, Blast Off, and more! (1412222)
Posted by YRQRM0 on August 22nd, 2012 @ 2:37am CDT
Hasbro to Activision: Yes. You don't even really need to change their parts, they buy two of the same thing just because they have different colors. We do it all the time. Trust us.
Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Ultra Magnus, Perceptor, Wheeljack, Blast Off, and more! (1412243)
Posted by noctorro on August 22nd, 2012 @ 3:57am CDT
I approve of this DLC

Remember, games nowadays are a huge investment. And after it's finished you either wait 2 years for a sequel or don't do anything.

Back in the pc days we got expansions. But that wasn't optional for consoles somehow.

And everytime a sequel is made people expect better graphics, newer engine. And a totally new game.

DLC is a great way to keep the game alive after it's release, and they studio can make some more money and keep making games.

Okay, announcing DLC at the day of release is a bit fast, I agree with that. Still I'm going to get all the DLC they throw at me cuz I love the Designs/Game/Transformers + I'll have to wait another year or more for a sequel to Dark Souls! :D :D :D :D :D
Re: Fall of Cybertron DLC: Multiplayer Ultra Magnus, Perceptor, Wheeljack, Blast Off, and more! (1412289)
Posted by a Cobra Viper on August 22nd, 2012 @ 9:29am CDT
Do these characters show up in the character creation area whether you've bought them or not? I went into this section last night after playing the SP for a while and saw all of these. I didn't buy this DLC. I entered the G1 Retro Pack code for Optimus and the guns. Are these characters included in that, or do they show up without being playable? I noticed some things were locked to be bought with in game points, but I didn't pay attention to these.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers G1 1980-82 MIRAGE loose figure hasbro takara - Time Remaining: 3 days 3 hours 16 minutes 10 seconds
TRANSFORMERS MP-12 LAMBOR SIDESWIPE w/ NEW COIN 2015 LAMBORGHINI NOT KO - Time Remaining: 3 days 18 hours 17 minutes 20 seconds
Transformers G1 1980-84 SMOKESCREEN loose figure hasbro takara - Time Remaining: 3 days 4 hours 3 minutes 8 seconds
100% LEGIT TAKARA TRANSFORMERS MASTERPIECE MP-20 WHEELJACK + MP-25L LOUDPEDAL - Time Remaining: 2 days 14 hours 33 minutes 45 seconds
2009 Transformers ROTF Supreme Combiner Devastator - Time Remaining: 10 days 1 hour 5 minutes 37 seconds
Transformers G1 1984 SOUNDWAVE takara stamp only japan - Time Remaining: 3 days 3 hours 7 minutes 29 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Kre-O strscream bumblebee megatron jazz 5pcs Mini Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 3 hours 46 minutes 9 seconds
Transformers REISSUE 2007 IRONHIDE MISB takara tomy NEW - Time Remaining: 2 days 12 hours 33 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #159 - Imperfect Specks