Fall of Cybertron Grimlock Redeco / Remold Beast Megatron Prototype Images

Transformers News: Fall of Cybertron Grimlock Redeco / Remold Beast Megatron Prototype Images

Sunday, April 14th, 2013 9:59AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 37,576

Here's another Megatron prototype auction form eBay seller toyssir8982009, this time it's the Beast Megatron redeco/remold of Fall of Cybertron Voyager Class Grimlock. As always we've mirrored the images below. The auction can be found by clicking here.

Fall of Cybertron Grimlock Redco/Remold Beast Megatron Prototype Images

Fall of Cybertron Grimlock Redco/Remold Beast Megatron Prototype Images

Fall of Cybertron Grimlock Redco/Remold Beast Megatron Prototype Images

Fall of Cybertron Grimlock Redco/Remold Beast Megatron Prototype Images

Fall of Cybertron Grimlock Redco/Remold Beast Megatron Prototype Images

Fall of Cybertron Grimlock Redco/Remold Beast Megatron Prototype Images

Fall of Cybertron Grimlock Redco/Remold Beast Megatron Prototype Images

Fall of Cybertron Grimlock Redco/Remold Beast Megatron Prototype Images

Fall of Cybertron Grimlock Redco/Remold Beast Megatron Prototype Images
Credit(s): toyssir8982009
Re: Fall of Cybertron Grimlock Redeco / Remold Beast Megatron Prototype Images (1479014)
Posted by Noideaforaname on April 14th, 2013 @ 10:20am CDT
His face seems kinda small for some reason. Maybe it's just his mouth that's too small.

Curious to how it'll be colored. I'm hoping for his Transmetal scheme. Either way, I'm glad I passed of Grimlock (granted I don't recall ever actually seeing Grim).
Re: Fall of Cybertron Grimlock Redeco / Remold Beast Megatron Prototype Images (1479016)
Posted by VioMeTriX on April 14th, 2013 @ 10:25am CDT
Re: Fall of Cybertron Grimlock Redeco / Remold Beast Megatron Prototype Images (1479017)
Posted by Dr Va'al on April 14th, 2013 @ 10:26am CDT
Do we have any idea how this figure is going to be marketed (simply as Generations Beast Wars Megatron?) or any other indication about it?

I'm really curious to know if it will make an appearance in the comics, series, whatever! :D
Re: Fall of Cybertron Grimlock Redeco / Remold Beast Megatron Prototype Images (1479019)
Posted by griftimus prime on April 14th, 2013 @ 10:29am CDT
fail
Re: Fall of Cybertron Grimlock Redeco / Remold Beast Megatron Prototype Images (1479020)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 14th, 2013 @ 10:30am CDT
VioMeTriX wrote:the only thing i dont like about this figure is the fact that from the backside he is hollow and it is blazingly obvious.... unless he has a magnificent deco this will be a pass. ill put it on my friends and family wishlist just to get him to round out my collection.

"Possible mis-transformation", remember those words well. :-B The T-Rex head is supposed to fit into the hollow chest.

And speaking of T-Rex, I want T-Wrecks!
Re: Fall of Cybertron Grimlock Redeco / Remold Beast Megatron Prototype Images (1479021)
Posted by VioMeTriX on April 14th, 2013 @ 10:32am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

And speaking of T-Rex, I want T-Wrecks!

i appreciate the info... one way or another ill own this, just do i buy a 2nd to play with? right now the only items i have 2 of are masterpiece and alternity figures, i sold off all my other duplicate transformers (i actually ran into money issues)
Re: Fall of Cybertron Grimlock Redeco / Remold Beast Megatron Prototype Images (1479025)
Posted by Rated X on April 14th, 2013 @ 10:37am CDT
Stupidest repaint of the year. For me Beast Wars Megatron is one of those rare characters who needs the dino head/tail arms to be unique. A purple FOC Grimlock is stupid. They should have went with a blue G2 color scheme and they wouldn't even have had to design a new head.
Re: Fall of Cybertron Grimlock Redeco / Remold Beast Megatron Prototype Images (1479028)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on April 14th, 2013 @ 10:48am CDT
eh, pass. i did not like the mold for grimlock and i dont like it for this.
Re: Fall of Cybertron Grimlock Redeco / Remold Beast Megatron Prototype Images (1479053)
Posted by RhA on April 14th, 2013 @ 12:09pm CDT
Re: Fall of Cybertron Grimlock Redeco / Remold Beast Megatron Prototype Images (1479057)
Posted by Sodan-1 on April 14th, 2013 @ 12:16pm CDT
I quite like the idea of a Beast Wars homage. Shame that series has kind of fallen into the past. I'd probably buy it if it was produced.
Re: Fall of Cybertron Grimlock Redeco / Remold Beast Megatron Prototype Images (1479059)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on April 14th, 2013 @ 12:24pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Yeah, they seem to do a lot of mistransformations... When grimmys dino head is aligned straight he looks fine.
Re: Fall of Cybertron Grimlock Redeco / Remold Beast Megatron Prototype Images (1479064)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 14th, 2013 @ 12:34pm CDT
Cyber Bishop wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Not that I think about it, Transmetal Megatron's T-Rex head ended up in the very same place. :-?
Re: Fall of Cybertron Grimlock Redeco / Remold Beast Megatron Prototype Images (1479074)
Posted by Hiboman on April 14th, 2013 @ 1:02pm CDT
This looks promising. Yesssssssssss.
Re: Fall of Cybertron Grimlock Redeco / Remold Beast Megatron Prototype Images (1479078)
Posted by Dr Va'al on April 14th, 2013 @ 1:11pm CDT
RhA wrote:I need this to be purple, but I'll take the TM colors if that's what it's going to be.

This is why I like your posts.
Re: Fall of Cybertron Grimlock Redeco / Remold Beast Megatron Prototype Images (1479079)
Posted by RhA on April 14th, 2013 @ 1:12pm CDT
Va'al wrote:

This is why I like your posts.

I live to serve. :michaelbay:
Re: Fall of Cybertron Grimlock Redeco / Remold Beast Megatron Prototype Images (1479093)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on April 14th, 2013 @ 2:15pm CDT
Re: Fall of Cybertron Grimlock Redeco / Remold Beast Megatron Prototype Images (1479096)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 14th, 2013 @ 2:20pm CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:All that talk of GPS in the Laser Rods gallery thread has me wondering about their choice of gold plastic for this test shot: since all the "prototypes" (it's technically only a prototype if the sculptor did some hand-carving on it; a molded figure in simpler colors is called a test shot) that turn up on ebay are supposedly only there through theft, could this guy be the start of a trend of using their excess GPS plastic to produce test shots that'll fall apart in a few years, half-solving the problem? It'd be a shame if a Transmetal Megatron homage ended up suffering the same problem as the Kenner original, so I hope it's not cuz' the real deal will have this same color plastic. Then again, he's not that sparkly...

Only a certain type of Gold and Bronze plastic is susceptible to GPS, and the plastic of this test shot is not one of them. Nowadays Hasbro is too careful, the latest reported case stems from, ironically enough, the Millenium Falcon. Though Protoform Starscream looks dangerous...
Re: Fall of Cybertron Grimlock Redeco / Remold Beast Megatron Prototype Images (1479099)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 14th, 2013 @ 2:28pm CDT
I am confident that Megatron will sport his Transmetal colors. My justification? The head. Note the differences between Megatron's pre-Transmetalization body and his Transmetalized body:

As you can see, his Transmetalized head is much closer to the prototype's.

Plus, Fall of Cybertron Grimlock would look fabulous in Transmetal tan-and-violet.
Re: Fall of Cybertron Grimlock Redeco / Remold Beast Megatron Prototype Images (1479100)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 14th, 2013 @ 2:34pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Though Protoform Starscream looks dangerous...

That's because he is dangerous...
Re: Fall of Cybertron Grimlock Redeco / Remold Beast Megatron Prototype Images (1479102)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on April 14th, 2013 @ 2:39pm CDT
That head is totally Megs. Not sure if would get though...I don't like to have many duplicate molds beyond the Seekers. Plus, the original TM Megatron is still awesome, even by today's engineering standards.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers G1 Masterpiece Dinobot Sludge Fans Toys FT-07 Stomp in USA!! - Time Remaining: 3 days 12 hours 58 minutes 13 seconds
TRANSFORMERS ALTERNATORS TRACKS BLUE CORVETTE WITH G1 FLAME STICKER - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 59 minutes 13 seconds
TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS JAPAN C-39 SURVIVE KODIAK GRIZZLY BEAR FIGURE - Time Remaining: 2 days 18 hours 16 minutes 55 seconds
TRANSFORMERS G1 E-HOBBY SHATTERED GLASS SG SOUNDWAVE SG BLASTER SOUNDBLASTER - Time Remaining: 3 days 12 hours 35 minutes 35 seconds
TAKARA TRANSFORMERS WORLD SMALLEST WST G1 OPTIMUS PRIME/MEGATRON CONVOY - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 51 minutes 30 seconds
TAKARA TRANSFORMERS WORLD SMALLEST WST G1 STARSCREAM - Time Remaining: 2 days 15 hours 42 minutes 43 seconds
Gutto Kuru Figure Collection Transformers Minelba Japan new. - Time Remaining: 4 days 14 hours 29 minutes 1 second
TAKARA TRANSFORMERS BINALTECH BT-01 SMOKESCREEN NO.7 SUBARU IMPREZA - Time Remaining: 3 days 8 hours 14 minutes 20 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #148 - And Rom The Space Knight
"And Rom The Space Knight"
Posted: Monday, June 27th, 2016