FansProject Crossfire 02 set update - Explorer!

Transformers News: FansProject Crossfire 02 set update - Explorer!

Tuesday, December 22nd, 2009 11:36PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Mkall   Views: 34,571

Member Venksta has let us know that FansProject has updated their website with the first prototype images of their upcoming Crossfire 02 set - the Upgrade for Energon, Universe 2 or ROTF Bruticus. These images are of a new figure named Explorer, who is a close representation to Blast Off! There are several pics showing him and some upgrades to Onslaught as well, and don't forget to look at the first image of updated Bruticus! Check out all the images here.

Re: FP Bruticus Upgrade Prototype - Blastoff!
Re: FP Bruticus Upgrade Prototype - Blastoff!
Re: FP Bruticus Upgrade Prototype - Blastoff!
Re: FP Bruticus Upgrade Prototype - Blastoff!
Credit(s): Venksta, FansProject

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: FansProject Crossfire 02 set update - Explorer! (1030341)
Posted by UltraPrimal on December 23rd, 2009 @ 12:19am CST
Awww! Blast-Off looks so cute! Especially in that white prototype shot. He's like, "I can haz hands?!"

I wonder if they'll do Swindle too.

Even if this set is twice as much as the Superion set it'll be worth it.
Re: FansProject Crossfire 02 set update - Explorer! (1030357)
Posted by Warrant on December 23rd, 2009 @ 1:24am CST
Holy Slag this is just perfect . . .

Must buy upgrade . . .

Just need a Swindle and it will be complete!!!
Re: FansProject Crossfire 02 set update - Explorer! (1030384)
Posted by Trikeboy on December 23rd, 2009 @ 3:53am CST
Wow, I was not expecting a brand new toy (toys if they are giving swindle a new toy). I am a little concerned about consistancy between the originals and new ones.

Please, please, please do the same for Devastator.
Re: FansProject Crossfire 02 set update - Explorer! (1030398)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on December 23rd, 2009 @ 4:36am CST
new molds? this is getting REAL good! :D
but i think they should paint his visor instead of giving him eyes :?
Re: FansProject Crossfire 02 set update - Explorer! (1030404)
Posted by Anonymous. on December 23rd, 2009 @ 5:06am CST
That puts the yes in F* yes.
Re: FansProject Crossfire 02 set update - Explorer! (1030406)
Posted by DoubleOScorpio on December 23rd, 2009 @ 5:13am CST
Dear FansProject, thanks for the early Christmas gift. These pics look outstanding!!!
Re: FansProject Crossfire 02 set update - Explorer! (1030408)
Posted by metaphorge on December 23rd, 2009 @ 5:43am CST
As expected, this revelation officially puts this "upgrade" kit at the top of my Transformers interest list for 2010, as Blast Off was always one of my fave G1 Transformers.
Re: FansProject Crossfire 02 set update - Explorer! (1030415)
Posted by Geekee1 on December 23rd, 2009 @ 6:21am CST
Very much yes
Re: FansProject Crossfire 02 set update - Explorer! (1030422)
Posted by SJ21 on December 23rd, 2009 @ 6:54am CST
Wow. That looks really good.
Re: FansProject Crossfire 02 set update - Explorer! (1030423)
Posted by Down_Shift on December 23rd, 2009 @ 6:58am CST
Calllllllllllled it!

Now I can't wait to see picture of "Runner" or "Swindler" or what ever they will call the Swindle type figure.
Re: FansProject Crossfire 02 set update - Explorer! (1030426)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on December 23rd, 2009 @ 7:05am CST
Definitely, I just hope it matches the Energon version too.
Re: FansProject Crossfire 02 set update - Explorer! (1030431)
Posted by Geekee1 on December 23rd, 2009 @ 7:25am CST
Razorclaw0000 wrote:Definitely, I just hope it matches the Energon version too.

See man, it's all about the elbows B-) (and the totally new figure doesn't hurt either)
Re: FansProject Crossfire 02 set update - Explorer! (1030433)
Posted by zodconvoy on December 23rd, 2009 @ 7:30am CST
This is AWESOME. Bruticus has always been my favorite combiner (thanks entirely to Swindle, mind you) and the repainted Superion limb I made just wasn't cutting it. While I simply wasn't a fan of their Superion Upgrade, this set may surpase everything else they've done! Plus, even Vortex gets a new chest and connector port!
Re: FansProject Crossfire 02 set update - Explorer! (1030435)
Posted by Prime Evil on December 23rd, 2009 @ 7:35am CST
*gets down on one knee n opens up a lil box with a lil shiny glow*

Fans Project...will you marry me?
Re: FansProject Crossfire 02 set update - Explorer! (1030440)
Posted by Stockade on December 23rd, 2009 @ 8:03am CST
Now, when i thought FP has out done themselves, here they go again on their own!! winning me over again!! i thought they did a great job for Ultra Magnus upgrade, then FP Primes Trailor, the Superion upgrade (which was a 200% improvement over stock limbs) and now this!! I'm just speechless about this and i hope this turns out just as good as it looks!!!!

GREAT FREAKIN JOB FAN'S PROJECT!!!
Re: FansProject Crossfire 02 set update - Explorer! (1030446)
Posted by Convotron on December 23rd, 2009 @ 8:26am CST
This looks great so far. :) I can't wait to see more progress on this project.
Re: FansProject Crossfire 02 set update - Explorer! (1030447)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on December 23rd, 2009 @ 8:28am CST
Geekee1 wrote:
Razorclaw0000 wrote:Definitely, I just hope it matches the Energon version too.

My ROTF is MISB, so far.
Re: FansProject Crossfire 02 set update - Explorer! (1030450)
Posted by rpetras on December 23rd, 2009 @ 8:47am CST
This is BOS (Buy On Sight)!

It'll be expensive, yea, but you seem to get a lot more than the Superion set.
Re: FansProject Crossfire 02 set update - Explorer! (1030451)
Posted by DevastaTTor on December 23rd, 2009 @ 8:56am CST
This set appears to be shaping up to be something special. I really love how FP seems to be pushing their designs and concepts with each new release, taking the best ideas from their prior releases and using them all to take these new releases to the next level. I just hope we see more of the Protector set. Rodimus seems to be getting list in the shuffle.

The only thing I can't figure out right now is whether the nose cone/front of Blast-Off is a separate add on or if it's part of the figure itself. -EDIT:never mind, I see what appears to be the hinge attaching the cone to the body of the shuttle.
Re: FansProject Crossfire 02 set update - Explorer! (1030455)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on December 23rd, 2009 @ 9:10am CST
I really don't want to rain on anyones parade, this set looks awesom and I would love to own one. But, accurate likenesses of copyrighted characters? They have got to be flying pretty close to Hasbros' radar on that one. Hopefully not for the worst.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #145 - May Mayhem