FansProject Powered Commander to see wide release? UPDATE

Transformers News: FansProject Powered Commander to see wide release? UPDATE

Monday, May 11th, 2009 1:43PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors, Collectables
Posted by: DevastaTTor   Views: 12,907

Kapow Toys has updated their website with information regarding a wider release of the FansProject Powered Commander with chromed accents to match those of the Henkei version of Classics Convoy. The set will include the energon suitcase and missile launchers just as the TFCon version did and according to the preorder, the release date is sometime at the end of this month.

Until FansProject and other retailers follow-up about this, it may need to be treated as a rumor.

To check out the preorder at Kapow Toys, click Here

FansProject Powered Commander to see wide release

UPDATE:
The TFCon website has been updated with their reaction to this rumor:
May 11th - We at TFcon wish to extend an apology to any attendees or fans who feel slighted by recent events concerning the release of a Henkei Commander Set. We at TFcon were unaware of any intention of FansProject to release the set (with or without changes), and had been informed that this colour scheme would be exclusive to our convention. We regret that this is not the case, and hope that the actions of FansProject will not reflect poorly on our show, as they are outside of our control.
Credit(s): Kapow Toys
Re: FansProject Powered Commander to see wide release? UPDATE (920016)
Posted by Night primal on May 11th, 2009 @ 1:47pm CDT
that is awsome, I have got to get this because I did not go to tfcon
Re: FansProject Powered Commander to see wide release? UPDATE (920017)
Posted by Mkall on May 11th, 2009 @ 1:47pm CDT
...say wha???
Re: FansProject Powered Commander to see wide release? UPDATE (920021)
Posted by Anonymous. on May 11th, 2009 @ 1:50pm CDT
Booooooooooooooo. This is terrible. This is like releasing the Henkei seekers.
Re: FansProject Powered Commander to see wide release? UPDATE (920027)
Posted by dabattousai on May 11th, 2009 @ 2:00pm CDT
Re: FansProject Powered Commander to see wide release? UPDATE (920031)
Posted by Mkall on May 11th, 2009 @ 2:04pm CDT
dabattousai wrote:This is going to piss off all those people that spent $300+ on Ebay for this set. I am happy they are doing it though :grin:

Hell, that's probably gonna piss off those who paid 150 for it at the convention.
Re: FansProject Powered Commander to see wide release? UPDATE (920032)
Posted by HighPrime on May 11th, 2009 @ 2:06pm CDT
dammit! :-x Foiled, again! :sad:
Re: FansProject Powered Commander to see wide release? UPDATE (920033)
Posted by DevastaTTor on May 11th, 2009 @ 2:08pm CDT
I knew this was going to go over well.

If this is true, it was probably bound to happen with the amount of interest in this set, especially with the recent FP images of it set with the G3 trailer. It does suck for those who went out of the way to go to TFCon just to get one and it's bad news for those selling them on eBay unless it's still a relatively limited release which it probably will be.

Will be interesting to see how this all shakes out. If true, I'm in.
Re: FansProject Powered Commander to see wide release? UPDATE (920034)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 11th, 2009 @ 2:09pm CDT

credibility?..now in check.
Re: FansProject Powered Commander to see wide release? UPDATE (920039)
Posted by DevastaTTor on May 11th, 2009 @ 2:24pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:I don't really feel one way or another about the release of the toy, but FansProject has run some ooooooooooooole' bullshit on people by stating and RE-stating that there will not be a second production-run of these.

credibility?..now in check.

And once again, the whole concept of the “Convention Exclusive” comes into question. If the average collector can get this set, a set of seekers, and a Nemesis Prime, what’s really the point anyway?
Re: FansProject Powered Commander to see wide release? UPDATE (920043)
Posted by Hard Hacker on May 11th, 2009 @ 2:27pm CDT
If I get this, then I must get the Henkei iteration to go inside it.

And then it's the only chance I'll have to get any version of this mould.

Yet the chrome is a bit of an area of caution.
Re: FansProject Powered Commander to see wide release? UPDATE (920045)
Posted by Narc on May 11th, 2009 @ 2:29pm CDT
Re: FansProject Powered Commander to see wide release? UPDATE (920051)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on May 11th, 2009 @ 2:36pm CDT
To quote Adelai Niska, "Oh..Oh, this is exciting news."

Glad I lost that eBay auction last week :grin:
Re: FansProject Powered Commander to see wide release? UPDATE (920053)
Posted by BWDinobot on May 11th, 2009 @ 2:37pm CDT
Re: FansProject Powered Commander to see wide release? UPDATE (920055)
Posted by HighPrime on May 11th, 2009 @ 2:40pm CDT
Narc wrote:Ouch! I'm one of those people who ordered these from a secondary market for $300. That sucks. Oh well, I'll keep that MISB and save money to buy a re-release to open. :?

Me too, and I rationalized to the same conclusion. Still SUCKS, though... no two ways about it. Hooray for everyone else though who didn't get screwed :D
Re: FansProject Powered Commander to see wide release? UPDATE (920057)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 11th, 2009 @ 2:43pm CDT
Re: FansProject Powered Commander to see wide release? UPDATE (920058)
Posted by HighPrime on May 11th, 2009 @ 2:44pm CDT
BWDinobot wrote:I think this is great news should it be true. Are people going to be mad? Of course. But we as fans should have a better outlook on this. If Powered Commander is to see a wider release it allows more fans to obtain a great set. Yeah it sucks that so many paid so much for the TFCon release. However that great response to the set helped to prompt a possible mass release so on that thought everyone that purchased it helped to bring it to fans that could not obtain it. I would say thank you to those fans. I bought the botcon 2007 set(mainly for the seekers) none of my fellow fans could afford it. But when the Henkei versions were annouced I said great now my friends and fellow fans can complete the seeker sets. Bottom line it always sucks when you feel you overpaid or got cheated out of the exclusiveness of a figure but I dont buy my TF's with value or exclusiveness in mind I buy them because I am a fan of Transformers.

Blah... Even as an exclusive I felt I overpaid. That isn't the point (for me). It's the principle of it being an exclusive. Tarnishes the whole definition of exclusive. What's worse is these guys ARE fans. I would think they knew better than this.

I await official confirmation, and I'd like to see a follow up interview :grin:
Re: FansProject Powered Commander to see wide release? UPDATE (920062)
Posted by Editor on May 11th, 2009 @ 2:49pm CDT
For those who did buy it at con, atleast you still get the nifty sticker for the side of the trailer.
Re: FansProject Powered Commander to see wide release? UPDATE (920064)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on May 11th, 2009 @ 2:52pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:Pointing this out for fun:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

You are evil, CP :grin:
Re: FansProject Powered Commander to see wide release? UPDATE (920075)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 11th, 2009 @ 3:01pm CDT
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:Pointing this out for fun:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

You are evil, CP :grin:

If I were evil, I'd be the kind that does evil just for the hell of it, not the kind of evil that does evil because he thinks he's doing the right thing.

There's words for those qualities and I can't remember them right now... :|
Re: FansProject Powered Commander to see wide release? UPDATE (920089)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on May 11th, 2009 @ 3:18pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:Pointing this out for fun:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

You are evil, CP :grin:

There's words for those qualities and I can't remember them right now... :|

That made my head hurt, but still made me laugh.

As for the set.. I have a naked Classics Prime and Henkei prime at home. One of them needs clothes :grin:

Ending Soon On eBay

Hasbro Transformers 2007 Movie Deluxe class-BUMBLEBEE Premium Series - Time Remaining: 2 days 11 hours 55 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME Generations complete   415 - Time Remaining: 3 days 11 hours 55 minutes 20 seconds
Transformers TECHNOBOTS AFTERBURNER G1  complete nice vintage 80's 1986   515 - Time Remaining: 3 days 2 hours 40 minutes 25 seconds
Transformers 1985 LONGHAUL Constructicons DEVASTATOR complete G1 Vintage 613 - Time Remaining: 3 days 10 minutes 30 seconds
Transformers Cyclonus  w blaster  Decepticon vintage 80's G1  1986        1015 - Time Remaining: 3 days 25 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers Predacon TANTRUM  complete G1 PREDAKING  vintage 80's 1986 1115 - Time Remaining: 3 days 25 minutes 31 seconds
Transformers Generations Seargent Kup 2010 complete w cardback         813 - Time Remaining: 3 days 15 hours 55 minutes 16 seconds
Transformers Sideswipe Alternators 2003 complete nice shape     813 - Time Remaining: 2 days 18 hours 40 minutes 32 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #148 - And Rom The Space Knight
"And Rom The Space Knight"
Posted: Monday, June 27th, 2016