Transformers News: FansProject TFX-04B Shadow Scyther Trailer Upgrade Set Available for Preorder at TFSource.

Sunday, September 5th, 2010 8:27PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News, 3rd Party News
Posted by: RodimusConvoy13   Views: 42,812

Site sponsor TFSource has posted a preorder for the FansProject Shadow Scyther Trailer upgrade for Shattered Glass Rodimus. This set is exclusive to TFSource in North America. Preorder the item here.

Product Description:
This set is exclusive to TFsource in North America!

This set has it all! Includes all of the parts needed to combine with the shattered glass Rodimus and form Shadow Scyther, an alternative universe evil version of Rodimus. Fits the Henkei, Classic, or Botcon versions of Rodimus, and includes the recolored trailer, plus the following bonuses: Evil Face, Chain Sword, Scythe Attachment! This kit is amazing and has 3x the complexity of City Commander, and the bonus parts are only included with Shadow Scyther, not to be sold with the regular colored set!

Note: This set is also very limited, with the least units produced of any Fansproject piece since the Snowman set and Cliffjumper add-on both of which now sells for many times their original value!

Credit(s): TFSource
Re: FansProject TFX-04B Shadow Scyther Trailer Upgrade Set Available for Preorder at TFSource. (1121793)
Posted by bvzxa on September 5th, 2010 @ 8:29pm CDT
Pre-order done!!!

Now I have to get SG Rodimus or Henkei Wildrider. Either way my end of year bonus is almost gone when December/January rolls around.

Cool if it is because I remember last year how much people kinda balked at the Snowman set, but I was the first to report the kit went well with Superlink Superion.

Gotta plan my list for exclusives now so I don't overspend.
Re: FansProject TFX-04B Shadow Scyther Trailer Upgrade Set Available for Preorder at TFSource. (1121798)
Posted by DevastaTTor on September 5th, 2010 @ 8:49pm CDT
bvzxa wrote:I thought they would have went with the whole clear set, but FP is catering to the US with a Christmas exclusive. So is this another "Stocking Stuffer" campaign like the Snowman set?

I hope not. I was hoping we'd get repaints of Munitioner/Explorer which would have made more sense since that set has actually been released. It's really bizarre that we're getting this preorder before the regular set.
Re: FansProject TFX-04B Shadow Scyther Trailer Upgrade Set Available for Preorder at TFSource. (1121810)
Posted by kenm2474 on September 5th, 2010 @ 9:45pm CDT
Am I Missing Something? Where is the Protector Armor Pre-Order? I have Zero Interest in this one.
Re: FansProject TFX-04B Shadow Scyther Trailer Upgrade Set Available for Preorder at TFSource. (1121813)
Posted by bvzxa on September 5th, 2010 @ 9:58pm CDT
DevastaTTor wrote:

I agree. More like a G2 recolor would turn the Energon/Superlink version into a G2 Bruticus, or Battle Gaea. It would seem since RobotKingdom also has it for Preorder, we may still get our wish.

And that what's puzzling to me. TFOsurce is claiming low numbers because of the Cliffjumper and "Snowman" sets, however, the "snowman" set was their exclusive, supposedly limited to 500 pieces worlwide, with tow online stores calling perodrers how low will the numbers really be?

My guess is it has to do with SG Rodimus/Henkie Wildrider having low numbers. FP doesn't do anthing just so. I want one and I will get Henkei Wildrider. Saw one o for $199 so I'll keep a watch. I have his story planned that he scanned Rodimus when trying to recive an earth form, simialr to Black Convoy scanning Fire Convoy in CarRobots.

And one more thing, when will the regular set be up for preorder, this is going to be one heay hit to the wallet I can afford.
Re: FansProject TFX-04B Shadow Scyther Trailer Upgrade Set Available for Preorder at TFSource. (1121817)
Posted by kirbenvost on September 5th, 2010 @ 10:09pm CDT
This makes no sense. Why are we seeing the repaint before the actual item? Also, $100? I hope that's the TFSource exclusive inflation price.
Re: FansProject TFX-04B Shadow Scyther Trailer Upgrade Set Available for Preorder at TFSource. (1121821)
Posted by ButtZilla on September 5th, 2010 @ 10:56pm CDT
Looks better than MP Rodimus! :grin:
Re: FansProject TFX-04B Shadow Scyther Trailer Upgrade Set Available for Preorder at TFSource. (1121822)
Posted by LiKwid on September 5th, 2010 @ 11:02pm CDT
Re: FansProject TFX-04B Shadow Scyther Trailer Upgrade Set Available for Preorder at TFSource. (1121833)
Posted by kenm2474 on September 5th, 2010 @ 11:55pm CDT
LiKwid wrote:This makes no sense... From any standpoint.. Out of all of the decisions that FP has made over the years this one baffles me.. Why make a exclusive upgrade set for a figure that was made in such a limited production? I mean it's all well and good but this auction

Is only going to get worse.. I understand making something for thos ewho do have it but I mean is everyone who owns a SG Rodimus going to buy this? Doubtful... This is puzzling to say the least

damnit has such sexy potential though ......... :x

Thats a Complete Joke! I will Never in my right mind Pay that much for a Repainted Toy no matter how limited.
Re: FansProject TFX-04B Shadow Scyther Trailer Upgrade Set Available for Preorder at TFSource. (1121847)
Posted by Bed Bugs on September 6th, 2010 @ 2:26am CDT
I'm so WEAK! I couldn't resist getting this for my SG Roddy. As I type this, there's only 60 units left! Better order ASAP before you lose the chance!
Re: FansProject TFX-04B Shadow Scyther Trailer Upgrade Set Available for Preorder at TFSource. (1121878)
Posted by Sideswipe 00 on September 6th, 2010 @ 8:05am CDT
GAHHH i just posted in the newer post of TFSource news...I guess they are all gone. Wow. Actually robotkingdom still has this available for preorder. Was about to, but you need to pay right away and i don't have the extra $38 for EMS shipping, or the $94 for that matter x( Guess I am just getting Protector!
Re: FansProject TFX-04B Shadow Scyther Trailer Upgrade Set Available for Preorder at TFSource. (1121882)
Posted by HighPrime on September 6th, 2010 @ 8:17am CDT

There were 300 units, total. When I preordered there were 286 left around 9:30pm. I bought 2.

Good thing they'll be selling elsewhere (outside of NA) or there's the potential for rioting ;)

RobotKingdom has 145 left.. I suspect these will be gone within 24 hours at this pace.
Re: FansProject TFX-04B Shadow Scyther Trailer Upgrade Set Available for Preorder at TFSource. (1121885)
Posted by Sideswipe 00 on September 6th, 2010 @ 8:22am CDT
OOOOO lucky >.< guess it was never meant to be. =\ I will never get SG Rodimus or Wildrider soo yeah it would just be awesome to have a black variant set :) to mix and match parts with Protector.

They should really take the Shadow Scyther off the main news since all of the preorders are sold out or at least instead of shop now, change it to sold out. :sad:
Re: FansProject TFX-04B Shadow Scyther Trailer Upgrade Set Available for Preorder at TFSource. (1121891)
Posted by Jenus on September 6th, 2010 @ 9:22am CDT
So is this a new trend this year to release a new mold in the repaint colors first?
Re: FansProject TFX-04B Shadow Scyther Trailer Upgrade Set Available for Preorder at TFSource. (1121929)
Posted by bvzxa on September 6th, 2010 @ 12:11pm CDT
HighPrime wrote:That went fast... on a Sunday even, and with a $250-400+ tax just to get the Henkei Wildrider or SG Rodimus to match.

So what other store is going to carry the Shadow Scythe version? I thought only TFSource and RobotKingdom were the only two since they each only had 300 preorders to fill.

Now all the stores should carry the regular Protector set I assume.
Re: FansProject TFX-04B Shadow Scyther Trailer Upgrade Set Available for Preorder at TFSource. (1121938)
Posted by Chupacabra Convoy on September 6th, 2010 @ 12:29pm CDT

Well, it does make sense for them to do this. It fairly common knowledge that repaints are a way to make additional profit off of a single mold. When the Moblie Base (The non-Fansproject traler) for Classics/Henkei Prime was made they also made one for Ultra Magnus, SG Optimus, and Nemesis Prime. Also, City Commander got re-released three more times after the first edition was put on the market. So there's no reason for a third party manufacture to not do so.

But yeah, it just odd circumstances that the only alternate uses for the Rodimus moldare just exclusives.

As for me, I don't want to spend a ton of money for exclusives. Maybe if the three pack that had Rodimus, Galvatron, and Cyclonus actually made it to physical stores, i would pick it up, but for the most part, I just want the regular Protector set. The additional weapons just don't make it worth it for me.

I'm hoping that the regular Protector set is 10-12 dollars cheaper than this variant set.
Re: FansProject TFX-04B Shadow Scyther Trailer Upgrade Set Available for Preorder at TFSource. (1121940)
Posted by HighPrime on September 6th, 2010 @ 12:38pm CDT
bvzxa wrote:

Now all the stores should carry the regular Protector set I assume.

No idea. For me it was implied that this will wind up elsewhere.

RK had more than 300, though. Nearly 500 last I read.
Re: FansProject TFX-04B Shadow Scyther Trailer Upgrade Set Available for Preorder at TFSource. (1121980)
Posted by Jenus on September 6th, 2010 @ 3:06pm CDT

Also, this is just ridiculous.

Re: FansProject TFX-04B Shadow Scyther Trailer Upgrade Set Available for Preorder at TFSource. (1121985)
Posted by HighPrime on September 6th, 2010 @ 3:16pm CDT
Jenus wrote:If these numbers are correct what about the Cliffjumper upgrade kit it was limited to 300 pieces, what happened to this product having the least amount of releases?

Also, this is just ridiculous.

Yeah, I saw that...yikes...

Anyway, he actually has another 3 in a different auction (6 total between the 2).

TFsource should have put a cap on this, but I suspect that they didn't think it would sell so fast. FP Snowman didn't sell out last year until sometime after release.

The TFsource listing said 'Least units produced...since...' meaning no release since FP Snowman or Cliffjumper has been this limited. Snowman was 500, and as you already mentioned, Cliffjumper was 300 pieces.

Although TFsource didn't mention it, the TFCON version of Powered Commander was limited to 500, also.

RK still has 161 of this instock, so there's still time for buyers to avoid getting gouged.
Re: FansProject TFX-04B Shadow Scyther Trailer Upgrade Set Available for Preorder at TFSource. (1122017)
Posted by Anonymous. on September 6th, 2010 @ 5:10pm CDT
A $500+ Combo all together... No thanks. I'll stick to MG Deathscythe.
Re: FansProject TFX-04B Shadow Scyther Trailer Upgrade Set Available for Preorder at TFSource. (1122037)
Posted by Jenus on September 6th, 2010 @ 6:10pm CDT
HighPrime wrote:

Also, this is just ridiculous.

Yeah, I saw that...yikes...

I guess I missed the "since" in that sentence. Thanks for straightening that out.

RK still has that many I was thinking by now it would be much lower.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #145 - May Mayhem