First Images of ROTF "The Fallen" Toy!

Transformers News: First Images of ROTF "The Fallen" Toy!

Saturday, February 7th, 2009 9:36AM CST

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Skowl   Views: 219,441

Yizhi521 of TF08.net has posted photos of what appears to be the figure of "The Fallen" from Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. The figure shares a head similar to the one seen on the film's teaser poster.

Scroll down for images of the toy's instructions - which confirm it to be "The Fallen" and showcase the figure's vehicle mode as well.

Spoilers to be expected, see the photos by clicking here.
Credit(s): Yizhi521, TF08.net
Re: First Images of ROTF "The Fallen" Toy! (880404)
Posted by JayDee on February 7th, 2009 @ 9:42am CST
Wow! I just love the movie aesthetics. So, he's a leader size figure?
Re: First Images of ROTF "The Fallen" Toy! (880405)
Posted by King Henrik on February 7th, 2009 @ 9:44am CST
its definitely the fallen, the second post on the thread is of the instructions

*edit* nevermind seems the original story has been changed already
Re: First Images of ROTF "The Fallen" Toy! (880406)
Posted by Jazz Reborn on February 7th, 2009 @ 9:46am CST
Ew.
Re: First Images of ROTF "The Fallen" Toy! (880407)
Posted by zero-kaiser on February 7th, 2009 @ 9:49am CST
Impressive :shock:

I can imagine this guys gunna be pretty scary on screen.. looking forward to seeing some clear pics of his vehicle mode. From what I can make out on the scan of the instructions looks kinda like Megatrons first vehicle mode, a cybertronian jet of some kind.

Awesome stuff though :APPLAUSE:
Re: First Images of ROTF "The Fallen" Toy! (880408)
Posted by Skowl on February 7th, 2009 @ 9:51am CST
Hasbro must be pissed about all these toy leaks. Oh well, if they want cheap chinese labour, then I guess the trade-off is a complete lack of security and rampant theft in their factories.

It's difficult to say what I think of the design - it's so... busy, moreso than most of the movie designs. The movie bots tend to be detailed, but most aren't overly messy - you can see the logic in where the big pieces go, like car fronts, wheels, etc. but this guy is just... weird.
Re: First Images of ROTF "The Fallen" Toy! (880410)
Posted by GetterDragun on February 7th, 2009 @ 9:56am CST
Why do I think that this is going to turn into Jetfire? Very similar stance.
Re: First Images of ROTF "The Fallen" Toy! (880411)
Posted by caitlindevi on February 7th, 2009 @ 9:59am CST
So it was the fallen who strangled Data in independance day then?

does look somewhat similar to the shape of jetfire...with the hunch and all.

note how it does say 'the fallen' on the instructions and that the instructions have no faction symbol (although there appears to be a autobot/decepticon hybrid symbol below the head, it doesn't look enough lik either to be on or the other)

oh and its got alien/grevious hands (4 fingers an 2 thumbs)

I suppose this will finally shut up all the whiners saying 'but no i think the fallen is talking about megatron or the other decepticons that were killed'
Re: First Images of ROTF "The Fallen" Toy! (880413)
Posted by Valandar on February 7th, 2009 @ 10:00am CST
JayDee wrote:Wow! I just love the movie aesthetics. So, he's a leader size figure?

Nope, look at the size of the twist-tie still around one leg. That's a Deluxe, Voyager at best.
Re: First Images of ROTF "The Fallen" Toy! (880414)
Posted by mattyc1007 on February 7th, 2009 @ 10:00am CST
I for one hates this, the fallen may be a G1 or IDW character but i dont know much about part from hes one oth grand 13. and some pretector. but the name is it megs renamed as the fallen? is that his actual name or a nick name? i cant understand him being called "the" fallen or just fallen, other bots have names like ironhide, optimus prime and megatron but Fallen? i'll make a former called just "tripped". please be megs with a nickname, megs is the true leader of the decepticons and if he isnt then im not spending much on the movie 2 line.

im not happy now, the only thing thats gonna make up for this is devastator
Re: First Images of ROTF "The Fallen" Toy! (880415)
Posted by caitlindevi on February 7th, 2009 @ 10:03am CST
Valandar wrote:

I'd say voyager given the twist tie and the clear elastics for scale...plus the fact its got those bands and twist tie on suggest this could come packaged in bot mode
Re: First Images of ROTF "The Fallen" Toy! (880418)
Posted by YRQRM0 on February 7th, 2009 @ 10:12am CST
What the heck? I don't see any resemblance to the head on the teaser poster. Hopefully this won't be his permanent form, I hope he scans another vehicle. I still think it's possible he's the giant rolling guy in the trailer, seeing how huge he was. But this is seriously ugly. Might be Jetfire, but I don't see how that makes sense story-wise.
Re: First Images of ROTF "The Fallen" Toy! (880419)
Posted by Cryo Prime on February 7th, 2009 @ 10:13am CST
Reminds me of an eva :-B ....eatherway i like it :APPLAUSE:
Re: First Images of ROTF "The Fallen" Toy! (880423)
Posted by mattyc1007 on February 7th, 2009 @ 10:19am CST
Cryo Prime wrote:Reminds me of an eva :-B ....eatherway i like it :APPLAUSE:

of a what? eva?
Re: First Images of ROTF "The Fallen" Toy! (880425)
Posted by zero-kaiser on February 7th, 2009 @ 10:21am CST
mattyc1007 wrote:
Cryo Prime wrote:Reminds me of an eva :-B ....eatherway i like it :APPLAUSE:

of a what? eva?

I think he might mean an Evangelion, I see it to :)

The purple one is Eva Unit 01, the yellow one behind it is Eva Unit 00.
Re: First Images of ROTF "The Fallen" Toy! (880426)
Posted by First-Aid on February 7th, 2009 @ 10:22am CST
Very cool...VERY cool...I like it.
Re: First Images of ROTF "The Fallen" Toy! (880427)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on February 7th, 2009 @ 10:25am CST
I actually like it... Even though I'm partial to the Universe Classics,
for being movie aesthetic, why not take it here??
I may not buy it, since my plan is to buy almost nothing from this new line,
but this looks to have some potential.

I kinda like the idea that this could be Megatron either early on or later in the film, but I have a feeling this is an actual character separate from any others.
Re: First Images of ROTF "The Fallen" Toy! (880429)
Posted by DevastaTTor on February 7th, 2009 @ 10:30am CST
GetterDragun wrote:Why do I think that this is going to turn into Jetfire? Very similar stance.

After seeing this, I'm completely convinced that's what is joint to happen. Seeing that he's a Cybertronian jet, it makes complete sense.
Re: First Images of ROTF "The Fallen" Toy! (880434)
Posted by Cryo Prime on February 7th, 2009 @ 10:47am CST
zero-kaiser wrote:
mattyc1007 wrote:
Cryo Prime wrote:Reminds me of an eva :-B ....eatherway i like it :APPLAUSE:

of a what? eva?

I think he might mean an Evangelion, I see it to :)

The purple one is Eva Unit 01, the yellow one behind it is Eva Unit 00.

yep glad im not the only one that sees it
Re: First Images of ROTF "The Fallen" Toy! (880437)
Posted by cadenheadr04 on February 7th, 2009 @ 10:48am CST
I think it has potential... the story wise, I doubt he will become Jetfire... the only reason they call him "the fallen" is because no one remembers his name... It'd be cool if he did take on an earth form like a Globemaster III or an aircraft carrier or something else immensely huge... the problem with the trailer character is that its the wrong face shape and detail... oh well we'll find out when it gets closer...
Re: First Images of ROTF "The Fallen" Toy! (880441)
Posted by Serpent O - R on February 7th, 2009 @ 10:49am CST
DevastaTTor wrote:

After seeing this, I'm completely convinced that's what is joint to happen. After seeing that he's a Cybertronian jet, it makes complete sense.

Careful... You need to have two braincells firing simultaneously to make that connection, we don't want to confuse the public school students. :roll:

Ending Soon On eBay

TAKARA TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS C-12 NEO APACHE FIGURE NEW STOCK - Time Remaining: 2 days 17 hours 26 minutes 57 seconds
Transformers Machine Wars Soundwave MISB - Time Remaining: 2 days 18 hours 12 minutes 25 seconds
Transformers Universe SIDESWIPE Deluxe G1 MOSC sealed Classics Side Swipe - Time Remaining: 24 days 19 hours 42 minutes 34 seconds
Transformers G1 Cloudraker and Fastlane - Time Remaining: 3 days 22 hours 13 minutes 31 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars Sky Lynx - Time Remaining: 5 days 12 hours 58 minutes 50 seconds
HASBRO: TRANSFORMERS:  RUMBLE:  VERSION: ALTERNATORS:  HONDA CIVIC SI. NEW! MISB - Time Remaining: 2 days 22 hours 30 minutes 5 seconds
Transformers Universe SILVERSTREAK Deluxe G1 MOSC sealed Classics Blustreak - Time Remaining: 23 days 20 hours 30 minutes 27 seconds
Star Wars Transformers Mace Windu Jedi Starfighter 2007 New - Time Remaining: 3 days 15 minutes 23 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #159 - Imperfect Specks