Transformers News: First Look at BotCon 2013 Exclusives Machine Wars Mirage and Thundercracker 2-Pack

Thursday, June 27th, 2013 8:37PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Auctions
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 30,857

The BotCon Facebook page gives us a look at the BotCon 2013 souvenir 2-pack of Machine Wars Mirage and Thundercracker. Mirage is a repaint of the Classics Mirage mold and Thundercracker which was previously hinted uses the Revenge of the Fallen Dirge mold.

First Look at Botcon 2013 Exclusives Machine Wars Mirage and Thundercracker 2-Pack
Credit(s): BotCon Facebook
Re: First Look at BotCon 2013 Exclusives Machine Wars Mirage and Thundercracker 2-Pack (1498486)
Posted by RAcast on June 27th, 2013 @ 8:47pm CDT
Still hate the Classics Mirage mold and it's weird proportions.

Still love that Rotf mold, need to pick up one of those for myself at some point.
Re: First Look at BotCon 2013 Exclusives Machine Wars Mirage and Thundercracker 2-Pack (1498488)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on June 27th, 2013 @ 8:51pm CDT
I remember that when the translucent blue Mirage came out (if not the year; I haven't been to BotCon since 2000; Games of Deception?), there was some disappointment, since rumors had the attendee-exclusive pegged as Classics Sunstorm. So the BotCon that finally gives us that Sunstorm also features Classics Mirage in the color scheme of the first Mirage toy I ever owned. For me, it all comes full circle in more ways than one. Wish I coulda' been there. Rock on, FunPub!
Re: First Look at BotCon 2013 Exclusives Machine Wars Mirage and Thundercracker 2-Pack (1498497)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 27th, 2013 @ 9:07pm CDT
RAcast wrote:Still hate the Classics Mirage mold and it's weird proportions.

What are you, the anti-me?

I absolutely love the Mirage mold (never did get it, but I'd love to get it). I don't particularly care for the Dirge mold, and I had wished I had committed to Terradive than Dirge.
Re: First Look at BotCon 2013 Exclusives Machine Wars Mirage and Thundercracker 2-Pack (1498499)
Posted by RAcast on June 27th, 2013 @ 9:12pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
RAcast wrote:Still hate the Classics Mirage mold and it's weird proportions.

What are you, the anti-me?

Well we both like the Terradive mold. :lol:
Re: First Look at BotCon 2013 Exclusives Machine Wars Mirage and Thundercracker 2-Pack (1498502)
Posted by Henry921 on June 27th, 2013 @ 9:16pm CDT
Just bought these guys.

Mirage is starting to grow on me a bit...
Re: First Look at BotCon 2013 Exclusives Machine Wars Mirage and Thundercracker 2-Pack (1498528)
Posted by T-Macksimus on June 27th, 2013 @ 10:29pm CDT
Here I was giving a big old thumbs down on the Starscream release and now, much as I hate to admit it, I would not pass up these two figures. Not fond of the color scheme for T-cracker but I still would not pass on it. Good mold choice for both (although Classics Mirage was kind of a no-brainer in my opinion)
Re: First Look at BotCon 2013 Exclusives Machine Wars Mirage and Thundercracker 2-Pack (1498536)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on June 27th, 2013 @ 10:56pm CDT
Re: First Look at BotCon 2013 Exclusives Machine Wars Mirage and Thundercracker 2-Pack (1498571)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 28th, 2013 @ 12:20am CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:I find it a little strange we got Machine Wars Mirage instead of Prowl, given that the mold is from Classics Mirage anyway. Plus, we got a special Mirage from that same mold at BotCon 6 years ago. Still, these look great. I wasn't sold on the Machine Wars theme until seeing all the attendee figures. Now I want them all.
We could still get a Prowl later down the road, as a subscription figure maybe.
Re: First Look at BotCon 2013 Exclusives Machine Wars Mirage and Thundercracker 2-Pack (1498594)
Posted by Henry921 on June 28th, 2013 @ 3:29am CDT

I know exactly what you mean. I trashed the box set figures for months on end, but these at show exclusives have all been winners. I've already bought Starscream, Thundercracker, and Mirage off eBay and am seriously considering getting the box set of 5 now.

And I thought I'd get off cheap this year... no such luck.
Re: First Look at BotCon 2013 Exclusives Machine Wars Mirage and Thundercracker 2-Pack (1498640)
Posted by GuyIncognito on June 28th, 2013 @ 9:14am CDT
The Classics Mirage mold is one of my all-time favorite TF molds. It's a shame they packed it with that fugly Thundercracker. I suspect that most people who buy this set will buy it for Mirage and sell TC.
Re: First Look at BotCon 2013 Exclusives Machine Wars Mirage and Thundercracker 2-Pack (1498698)
Posted by Metrosuplex on June 28th, 2013 @ 1:10pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
RAcast wrote:Still hate the Classics Mirage mold and it's weird proportions.

What are you, the anti-me?

I agree with you - Mirage is a sweet mold. Not sure it's my fave in that line, but I loved all the G1 re-makes, back in that glorious period where every G1 toy seemed to be getting a modern deluxe treatment. I was very sad on that day I saw the Classic Ultra Magnus/Skywarp sets go on clearance at Target! Those should have sold better than that!

Ending Soon On eBay

SENTINEL PRIME Transformers KRE-O Buildable Set #30687 386pieces 2011 - Time Remaining: 6 days 9 hours 15 minutes 19 seconds
MEGATRON Transformers KRE-O Buildable Set #30688 310pieces 2011 - Time Remaining: 6 days 9 hours 32 minutes 18 seconds
SDCC Comic Con Transformers Combiner Wars Exclusive Devastator Hasbro EXCLUSIVE - Time Remaining: 7 days 3 hours 49 minutes 6 seconds
Hasbro 2005 TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS RATTRAP 10TH ANNIVERSARY FIGURE SET - Time Remaining: 4 days 7 hours 4 minutes 11 seconds
TRANSFORMERS ARMADA HOT SHOT MINT 100% Comp. 2003 - Time Remaining: 5 days 20 hours 36 minutes 14 seconds
Astrotrain - 1985 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers Action Figure Space Shuttle - Time Remaining: 5 days 11 hours 51 minutes 28 seconds
SDCC Comic Con Kre-O Transformers Cybertron High Kreon Class of 1985 Hasbro - Time Remaining: 5 days 9 hours 54 minutes 11 seconds
Transformers War Within Titanium Series Die Cast Grimlock Toys R Us Exclusive - Time Remaining: 4 days 16 hours 45 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #160 - Grappling with Memory