Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters

Transformers News: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters

Wednesday, December 29th, 2010 8:36PM CST

Categories: 3rd Party News, Toy News
Posted by: DevastaTTor   Views: 94,518

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Online toy retailer Captured Prey is apparently jumping into the ever-popular Targetmaster arena with their own new exclusive offerings. Their Targetmasters, Mastershooter MS-01B Brown King and Mastershooter MS-01M Mega Gun, feature designs similar to G1 Megatron and come in brown and black or silver and black respectively. The description for these new accessories reads:

Captured Prey wrote:Mega Gun and Brown King are the debut release of MasterShooter Collectibles! Limited in number and made with the expert help of a fan favorite third party company (who has asked to remain anonymous), these figures will be produced using high quality steel injection molds and durable ABS plastic!

Measuring approximately 2.2 inches tall in robot mode and 3.17 inches in weapon mode, Mega Gun and Brown King will be cast in color and pre-painted, ready to make any bot in your collection shake a washer loose with fear when these imposing weapons are aimed at them! Articulated shoulders and elbows allow each figure to aim his own weapon as well, making them the perfect scouts or assassins. The figures are designed with a stepped 4mm to 5mm peg handle, allowing them to be used by original Targetmaster Transformers, and almost all modern figures, too. And, as a bonus, an adaptor is released that allows Classics Starscream or any later version of his mold to carry Mega Gun along with their own weapon under the wing!

Both Mega Gun and Brown King will be limited to 500 pieces each, or produced to meet demand if more pre-orders are received. This item is currently estimated for release early in the second quarter of 2011.


The figures are listed for pre-order for $18 USD when purchased separately or for $35 USD when purchased together.


Mastershooter MS-01M Mega Gun can be pre-ordered HERE

Mastershooter MS-01B Brown King can be pre-ordered HERE

The Mastershooter Two-Pack can be pre-ordered HERE

Image
Credit(s): El Duque, Capturedprey.com
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1163401)
Posted by It Is Him on December 29th, 2010 @ 9:51pm CST
Captured Prey are a great shop. I bought some stuff from them at Botcon IRL, and I have to say, they were a great bunch of guys. If they had something I wanted, I would happily do business with them again.

As for the Targetmasters, they look cool, but I'm just not into 3rd Party stuff.
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1163421)
Posted by Blackstreak on December 29th, 2010 @ 11:32pm CST
I got mine pre-ordered. :grin:
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1163434)
Posted by Sodan-1 on December 30th, 2010 @ 4:52am CST
Hmm. (That's a positive "hmm".) The figure looks really good for Captured Prey's first product. Nice touch making him mountable on the wing of a Seeker. Take the scope/cannon off and I'd say it could pass for a Classic Targetmaster as well. The only not-positive thing I have to say about it is that it's got a bit of size to it. Doesn't look too bad in the hand of a Voyager though. Squarely on the fence with this.
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1163436)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on December 30th, 2010 @ 5:13am CST
Insane Galvatron wrote:
WarGraver wrote:"Brown King"? Really?

I think it's a play on "Browning" without using the actual name.

Personally, I would have used B.M, but maybe thats just me. :lol:
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1163439)
Posted by Sidecutter on December 30th, 2010 @ 5:36am CST
Sodan-1 wrote:Hmm. (That's a positive "hmm".) The figure looks really good for Captured Prey's first product. Nice touch making him mountable on the wing of a Seeker. Take the scope/cannon off and I'd say it could pass for a Classic Targetmaster as well. The only not-positive thing I have to say about it is that it's got a bit of size to it. Doesn't look too bad in the hand of a Voyager though. Squarely on the fence with this.


Just want to keep the record straight and note that I'm only the seller on this, so it
is not exactly my product - Any credit for design and creation belongs to the person behind Mastershooter, the only piece I have actually "created" so far on this was to designate the product numbers :lol: . I do know the designer personally however, he is a member of the fan community in the area, and I'm certainly pleased to be offering his first product!
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1163447)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on December 30th, 2010 @ 6:33am CST
I'm a good friend with the guy who designed these guys and started up MasterShooter. He's spent a good amount of time and money on these. I've seen the prototype in person and it is a nice little targetmaster.
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1163460)
Posted by Rated X on December 30th, 2010 @ 7:59am CST
"Brown King" LMAO !!!

He's a turd !!!

These figures are really wack...
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1163568)
Posted by LiKwid on December 30th, 2010 @ 2:34pm CST
Im not big on the targetmaster thing nor have i ordered from captured prey but i can vouch for the guys in charge of it. I got a chance to meet them at botcon this pat year in orlando and they helped me out, showing where to go and what to expect. Class act guys and they are true fans of the transformers, I'd feel comfortable ordering from them...
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1163706)
Posted by Sidecutter on December 30th, 2010 @ 9:43pm CST
LiKwid wrote:Im not big on the targetmaster thing nor have i ordered from captured prey but i can vouch for the guys in charge of it. I got a chance to meet them at botcon this pat year in orlando and they helped me out, showing where to go and what to expect. Class act guys and they are true fans of the transformers, I'd feel comfortable ordering from them...



I certainly hope you'll give us a try! The site depends on word of mouth like yours and customers giving us the chance to show them there's another game in town.
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1210914)
Posted by El Duque on April 19th, 2011 @ 12:10am CDT
MasterShooter collectibles has updated their facebook page with prototype images of their upcoming MS-01M Mega Gun, a Targetmaster style version of G1 Megatron. This figure along with it's repaint MS-01B Brown King are limited release exclusives to Captured Prey where they are available for preorder.

Product description from Captured Prey:

Mega Gun and Brown King are the debut release of MasterShooter Collectibles! Limited in number and made with the expert help of a fan favorite third party company (who has asked to remain anonymous), these figures will be produced using high quality steel injection molds and durable ABS plastic!

Measuring approximately 2.2 inches tall in robot mode and 3.17 inches in weapon mode, Mega Gun will be cast in color and pre-painted, ready to make any bot in your collection shake a washer loose with fear when this imposing weapon is aimed at them! Articulated shoulders and elbows allow Mega Gun to aim his own weapon as well, making him the perfect scout or assassin. The figures are designed with a stepped 4mm to 5mm peg handle, allowing them to be used by original Targetmaster Transformers, and almost all modern figures, too. And, as a bonus, an adaptor is released that allows Classics Starscream or any later version of his mold to carry Mega Gun along with their own weapon under the wing!

Mega Gun will be limited to 500 pieces, or produced to meet demand if more pre-orders are received. This item is currently estimated for release early in the second quarter of 2011.





Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1210917)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on April 19th, 2011 @ 12:34am CDT
I really would have preferred that they used Classics Megatron, we already have lots of little G1 Megatrons, from that first target masters style Megatron to the Legends class Megatron, and I thought there was another but I can't remember. Still, I'd like a little Classics Megatron, even if it's just his weapon mode, I'd be fine with that.
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1210918)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on April 19th, 2011 @ 1:11am CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:I really would have preferred that they used Classics Megatron, we already have lots of little G1 Megatrons, from that first target masters style Megatron to the Legends class Megatron, and I thought there was another but I can't remember. Still, I'd like a little Classics Megatron, even if it's just his weapon mode, I'd be fine with that.


Been done. Some third party a while back released an accessory scaled to clasics Starscream of Clasics Megatron's gun mode.
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1210919)
Posted by waaaaghlord on April 19th, 2011 @ 1:29am CDT
Lord Onixprime wrote:
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:I really would have preferred that they used Classics Megatron, we already have lots of little G1 Megatrons, from that first target masters style Megatron to the Legends class Megatron, and I thought there was another but I can't remember. Still, I'd like a little Classics Megatron, even if it's just his weapon mode, I'd be fine with that.


Been done. Some third party a while back released an accessory scaled to clasics Starscream of Clasics Megatron's gun mode.


Actually no they didn't. Fan's Project showed prototypes for a mini Megs gun in Classics and Henkei colours a couple of years ago but they never went into production and they have said that they won't be making them for release.

Seriously considering putting in a preorder for one of these. As long as we've got the site owner's attention can I ask if you ship internationally, specifically to the UK?
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1210921)
Posted by NemesisMonkeySupreme on April 19th, 2011 @ 1:32am CDT
Glad this was updated with new pics cuz otherwise I'd never have known about this thread.

Pre-order complete. :CON:
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1210931)
Posted by Mykltron on April 19th, 2011 @ 3:58am CDT
Nice gun mode. How cute. I may have been interested if it had more ball joints.
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1210937)
Posted by Blackstreak on April 19th, 2011 @ 4:21am CDT
That's really not a bad option for those of you who wanted a miniaturized Walther P-38 to mimic Megatron's smaller alt mode. I would probably order only one myself.
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1210949)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on April 19th, 2011 @ 4:57am CDT
Mykltron wrote:Nice gun mode. How cute. I may have been interested if it had more ball joints.



I got your ball joints RIGHT HERE buddy! :KREMZEEK:
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1210971)
Posted by Sidecutter on April 19th, 2011 @ 7:19am CDT
waaaaghlord wrote:Seriously considering putting in a pre-order for one of these. As long as we've got the site owner's attention can I ask if you ship internationally, specifically to the UK?


You certainly can, and I certainly do. :D Shipping is available to anywhere the United States Postal Service ships. First Class Mail would be the correct option to pick for these internationally. Unless you really, really want it to deliver within a week, give or take, then you could pick a Priority option.
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1210972)
Posted by CaSSeTteBOTs45 on April 19th, 2011 @ 7:34am CDT
Despite all the negativity about it, I think this is a great idea! Even if it isn't the best molded targetmaster, and it doesn't look quite like G1 Megatron in the gun mode, its still in the spirit of the old targetmasters. I would consider getting this if it were a reasonable price... and display it with my G1 Soundwave!! :D

:CON:
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1210976)
Posted by Sidecutter on April 19th, 2011 @ 7:51am CDT
CaSSeTteBOTs45 wrote:Despite all the negativity about it, I think this is a great idea! Even if it isn't the best molded targetmaster, and it doesn't look quite like G1 Megatron in the gun mode, its still in the spirit of the old targetmasters. I would consider getting this if it were a reasonable price... and display it with my G1 Soundwave!! :D

:CON:


Hm. Not sure if you already knew, but these have been up for pre-order for some time. Pricing is $18 for one, or $35 for both (and believe me, there's not any huge padding in there, I know what these are costing to be made, nor am I making any large amount on them). Production run is limited to 500 of each figure.

http://tinyurl.com/CPMGAGUN
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1210977)
Posted by CaSSeTteBOTs45 on April 19th, 2011 @ 7:55am CDT
Sidecutter wrote:
CaSSeTteBOTs45 wrote:Despite all the negativity about it, I think this is a great idea! Even if it isn't the best molded targetmaster, and it doesn't look quite like G1 Megatron in the gun mode, its still in the spirit of the old targetmasters. I would consider getting this if it were a reasonable price... and display it with my G1 Soundwave!! :D

:CON:


Hm. Not sure if you already knew, but these have been up for pre-order for some time. Pricing is $18 for one, or $35 for both (and believe me, there's not any huge padding in there, I know what these are costing to be made, nor am I making any large amount on them). Production run is limited to 500 of each figure.


Thanks! I don't know... he's about the same price as my BTS 03 set, but he's also probably better quality plastic, so I may preorder him. :D
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1210985)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on April 19th, 2011 @ 8:25am CDT
waaaaghlord wrote:
Lord Onixprime wrote:
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:I really would have preferred that they used Classics Megatron, we already have lots of little G1 Megatrons, from that first target masters style Megatron to the Legends class Megatron, and I thought there was another but I can't remember. Still, I'd like a little Classics Megatron, even if it's just his weapon mode, I'd be fine with that.


Been done. Some third party a while back released an accessory scaled to clasics Starscream of Clasics Megatron's gun mode.


Actually no they didn't. Fan's Project showed prototypes for a mini Megs gun in Classics and Henkei colours a couple of years ago but they never went into production and they have said that they won't be making them for release.

Seriously considering putting in a preorder for one of these. As long as we've got the site owner's attention can I ask if you ship internationally, specifically to the UK?


Hmm, wasn't aware of that.
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1211001)
Posted by NatsumeRyu on April 19th, 2011 @ 9:26am CDT
I hope there are some left for Botcon! :) I remember fiddling with the prototype in person and he was just a fun little guy. Looking forward to it. ;)
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1211011)
Posted by Prime Evil on April 19th, 2011 @ 10:10am CDT
I may pick up a Browning. I don't need a mini megs. I always have room for Targetmasters. (I know, Browning was never a Targetmaster)
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1211063)
Posted by rpetras on April 19th, 2011 @ 1:14pm CDT
OK, I threw in for them.

I like target masters, and I like mini-megatrons.
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1211208)
Posted by sancho's revenge on April 20th, 2011 @ 12:48am CDT
Rated X wrote:"Brown King" LMAO !!!

He's a turd !!!

These figures are really wack...

About as "wack" as those knock off seekers you got there.

Brownking will be a cool addition to my Classics collection.
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1211316)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on April 20th, 2011 @ 9:30am CDT
El Duque wrote:What I don't understand is why they insist on making existing main characters into Targetmasters instead of just making the original G1 Targetmasters partners. I can kind of understand Megatron, he does after all turn into a gun, but I don't really need a Starscream that turns into a gun.



I'm on this train.
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1211324)
Posted by Sidecutter on April 20th, 2011 @ 9:39am CDT
amcgrath929 wrote:
El Duque wrote:What I don't understand is why they insist on making existing main characters into Targetmasters instead of just making the original G1 Targetmasters partners. I can kind of understand Megatron, he does after all turn into a gun, but I don't really need a Starscream that turns into a gun.



I'm on this train.


Honestly, I agree. I'm not a fan of the Targetroids for this reason, since three of the four make no sense to me. Likewise, I'm not big on the Prime and Soundwave headmasters (I'd be more for them if it wasn't clearly Prime and Soundwave turning into their own heads). In this case, I think Megatron is at least a sensible choice. And if this product does well, I suspect a lot of people will see their wishes for Targetmasters to go with Classics toys like Kup, Scourge, etc. fulfilled.
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1211589)
Posted by Mkall on April 20th, 2011 @ 9:09pm CDT
At first I passed on this idea, then I decided to go for it. I'll support these guys in the hopes that more targetmasters get made in the future.
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1211629)
Posted by El Duque on April 20th, 2011 @ 11:14pm CDT
Sidecutter wrote:
amcgrath929 wrote:
El Duque wrote:What I don't understand is why they insist on making existing main characters into Targetmasters instead of just making the original G1 Targetmasters partners. I can kind of understand Megatron, he does after all turn into a gun, but I don't really need a Starscream that turns into a gun.



I'm on this train.


Honestly, I agree. I'm not a fan of the Targetroids for this reason, since three of the four make no sense to me. Likewise, I'm not big on the Prime and Soundwave headmasters (I'd be more for them if it wasn't clearly Prime and Soundwave turning into their own heads). In this case, I think Megatron is at least a sensible choice. And if this product does well, I suspect a lot of people will see their wishes for Targetmasters to go with Classics toys like Kup, Scourge, etc. fulfilled.


Okay, you convinced me. Preordered both!
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1217509)
Posted by El Duque on May 5th, 2011 @ 7:54am CDT
YouTube reviewer extraordinaire peaugh has uploaded a video of Mastershooter Collectibles: MS-01 MEGA-GUN. This third party item is an exclusive to online retailer Captured Prey. The review is embedded below.

Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1217527)
Posted by juxtapose519 on May 5th, 2011 @ 9:09am CDT
It's neat, but I wouldn't call it $18 neat. Then again, it might just be cause I'm cheap and broke.

It's a little big for my preference too. If it was two thirds the size and $10-12, I'd be all over it.
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1217535)
Posted by Sidecutter on May 5th, 2011 @ 9:23am CDT
juxtapose519 wrote:It's neat, but I wouldn't call it $18 neat. Then again, it might just be cause I'm cheap and broke.

It's a little big for my preference too. If it was two thirds the size and $10-12, I'd be all over it.


Unfortunately, if it was 2/3 the size, it wouldn't be able to have much articulation at all! It also wouldn't fit in perfectly alongside a lineup of original Targetmasters (or the newer Universe 2.0 Nightstick that came with Cyclonus).
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1217542)
Posted by Varia31 on May 5th, 2011 @ 9:59am CDT
Aww, Megs is so cute as he violently blasts Autobots into shrapnel! ^^ lol Anyway, neat little Megatron here. :) And that adapter piece that goes on Screamer's wing? Come on, I mean, this set was so OBVIOUSLY made for the glory of Starscream! :twisted:

And Megatron... :-$
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1217582)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on May 5th, 2011 @ 11:26am CDT
Sidecutter wrote:
juxtapose519 wrote:It's neat, but I wouldn't call it $18 neat. Then again, it might just be cause I'm cheap and broke.

It's a little big for my preference too. If it was two thirds the size and $10-12, I'd be all over it.


Unfortunately, if it was 2/3 the size, it wouldn't be able to have much articulation at all! It also wouldn't fit in perfectly alongside a lineup of original Targetmasters (or the newer Universe 2.0 Nightstick that came with Cyclonus).


Headrobots Hothead figure is 2/3 the size of this and it has better articulation. Granted, they may be working with a bigger budget.

Anyway, I'm going to pass on this little guy. Miniature Megatrons just don't appeal to me.
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1217589)
Posted by gothsaurus on May 5th, 2011 @ 11:58am CDT
Yeah, I'm in agreement that these are about 1/3 too large... same with the Target-roids. Legends size is too big for a Targetmaster.

The FansProject and Junkion Blacksmith partners have been sized nicely, though.

Still, not saying I won't buy it. I like the double-mounted guns under Starscream... and the head/waist/arm cannon sculpt are nice.
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1217613)
Posted by --B-- on May 5th, 2011 @ 12:47pm CDT
rpetras wrote:OK, I threw in for them.

I like target masters, and I like mini-megatrons.



You have been hanging out with Razorclaw0000 too much.
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1217625)
Posted by Sidecutter on May 5th, 2011 @ 1:10pm CDT
amcgrath929 wrote:Headrobots Hothead figure is 2/3 the size of this and it has better articulation. Granted, they may be working with a bigger budget.

Anyway, I'm going to pass on this little guy. Miniature Megatrons just don't appeal to me.


gothsaurus wrote:Yeah, I'm in agreement that these are about 1/3 too large... same with the Target-roids. Legends size is too big for a Targetmaster.

The FansProject and Junkion Blacksmith partners have been sized nicely, though.

Still, not saying I won't buy it. I like the double-mounted guns under Starscream... and the head/waist/arm cannon sculpt are nice.


Just to clarify, because it seems the size is being misjudged here somehow, these aren't Legends size at all, these are exactly the same size as G1 Targetmasters in robot mode, and match up to some of the longer Targetmasters in gun mode, like the one that came with Crosshairs. You can see some shots I took a little over a week ago, including a Targetmasters group shot, on the Captured Prey Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/capturedprey). You can stand him right next to Universe 2.0 Cyclonus' partner, Nightstick, or right alongside Sidearm, and he'll fit right in.

If this was 2/3 the size, it would be the size of a Mini-Targetmaster from G1, VERY small.
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1217627)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on May 5th, 2011 @ 1:13pm CDT
--B-- wrote:
rpetras wrote:OK, I threw in for them.

I like target masters, and I like mini-megatrons.



You have been hanging out with Razorclaw0000 too much.


:-D
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1217684)
Posted by krenger99 on May 5th, 2011 @ 3:10pm CDT
It's pretty cool and makes for nice reenactment display scenes, but... $18.-? Really? Not a chance. It's getting old really quick, third party vendors charging obscene prices for tiny transformers. I grew up with G1 and I have a huge collection from then till now, but don't take advantage of my addiction, please. It's 2011. You should be able to get more in a product for less. :BANG_HEAD:

By the way, I'm staring at you, Perfect Effect. :-x
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1217704)
Posted by Sidecutter on May 5th, 2011 @ 3:50pm CDT
krenger99 wrote:It's pretty cool and makes for nice reenactment display scenes, but... $18.-? Really? Not a chance. It's getting old really quick, third party vendors charging obscene prices for tiny transformers. I grew up with G1 and I have a huge collection from then till now, but don't take advantage of my addiction, please. It's 2011. You should be able to get more in a product for less. :BANG_HEAD:

By the way, I'm staring at you, Perfect Effect. :-x


I can't speak for any other company's costs and profit margins, but I know what these are costing MasterShooter to make and package (since I've been in the loop on these from before they were even going to happen for sure as anything more than rapid-printed prototypes for a small number of people), and I know my own margin on these, and I can tell you outright, NO ONE involved is making gobloads of money of these. Not by a long, loooong shot. You might not agree with the price, but I don't think it's fair to call it "obscene" when you don't know what the costs are compared to the price being asked. I think you would be surprised how much it actually costs to produce something like this.

Another consideration is that this is a fairly small run of a thousand total pieces. Based on the interest, future MasterShooter items would hopefully have a higher production run, and therefore, a lower cost. Mold reuses would also have a lower cost if one was justified, since the initial run would cover the mold costs.
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1217718)
Posted by NTESHFT on May 5th, 2011 @ 4:35pm CDT
Pass on these... not digging the characterization they used.........
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1217726)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on May 5th, 2011 @ 4:59pm CDT
Sidecutter wrote:
amcgrath929 wrote:Headrobots Hothead figure is 2/3 the size of this and it has better articulation. Granted, they may be working with a bigger budget.

Anyway, I'm going to pass on this little guy. Miniature Megatrons just don't appeal to me.



Just to clarify, because it seems the size is being misjudged here somehow, these aren't Legends size at all, these are exactly the same size as G1 Targetmasters in robot mode, and match up to some of the longer Targetmasters in gun mode, like the one that came with Crosshairs. You can see some shots I took a little over a week ago, including a Targetmasters group shot, on the Captured Prey Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/capturedprey). You can stand him right next to Universe 2.0 Cyclonus' partner, Nightstick, or right alongside Sidearm, and he'll fit right in.

If this was 2/3 the size, it would be the size of a Mini-Targetmaster from G1, VERY small.



Speaking for myself, I can see he'd be the same size as Nightstick. But, in gun mode he looks less proportionate with Starscream than Cyclonus with Nightstick IMO. It works, but could be smaller regardless of the size of "normal" targetmasters. In my earlier post, I was just clarifying that he could be easily be 2/3 the size and still be articulated. Either way though, solid looking Targetmaster. I'm just ready for Targetmasters that aren't miniature versions of existing characters.
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1217734)
Posted by Sidecutter on May 5th, 2011 @ 5:07pm CDT
amcgrath929 wrote:Speaking for myself, I can see he'd be the same size as Nightstick. But, in gun mode he looks less proportionate with Starscream than Cyclonus with Nightstick IMO. It works, but could be smaller regardless of the size of "normal" targetmasters. In my earlier post, I was just clarifying that he could be easily be 2/3 the size and still be articulated. Either way though, solid looking Targetmaster. I'm just ready for Targetmasters that aren't miniature versions of existing characters.


Fair enough, it was your choice of comparison that threw me off I think. I might be remembering off a bit, but I'm pretty sure a G1 Headmaster is about the same size as this, incluidng HotHead. But, to better respond to your original comment, he COULD have, say, knees even as is. However, one of the considerations of the creator was to have a weapon mode that was solid and stable, where everything fit securely and obviously into the proper position and stayed there well with handling, unlike certain other third-party weapon modes (actually, those make for good counter-illustrations now, but none of them were even announced when the first rapid prototypes of this design were made).
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1217735)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on May 5th, 2011 @ 5:15pm CDT
Sidecutter wrote:
amcgrath929 wrote:Speaking for myself, I can see he'd be the same size as Nightstick. But, in gun mode he looks less proportionate with Starscream than Cyclonus with Nightstick IMO. It works, but could be smaller regardless of the size of "normal" targetmasters. In my earlier post, I was just clarifying that he could be easily be 2/3 the size and still be articulated. Either way though, solid looking Targetmaster. I'm just ready for Targetmasters that aren't miniature versions of existing characters.


Fair enough, it was your choice of comparison that threw me off I think. I might be remembering off a bit, but I'm pretty sure a G1 Headmaster is about the same size as this, incluidng HotHead. But, to better respond to your original comment, he COULD have, say, knees even as is. However, one of the considerations of the creator was to have a weapon mode that was solid and stable, where everything fit securely and obviously into the proper position and stayed there well with handling, unlike certain other third-party weapon modes (actually, those make for good counter-illustrations now, but none of them were even announced when the first rapid prototypes of this design were made).


I don't have the G1 Hardhead. I'm comparing this to the HeadRobots version. He comes up to Nightsticks elbows. He looks to have nailed the solidity he was looking for though. I just think this mini megs would look better with a voyager figure.
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1217738)
Posted by Sidecutter on May 5th, 2011 @ 5:19pm CDT
amcgrath929 wrote:I don't have the G1 Hardhead. I'm comparing this to the HeadRobots version. He comes up to Nightsticks elbows. He looks to have nailed the solidity he was looking for though. I just think this mini megs would look better with a voyager figure.


Well, they're the same size, give or take a bit (any difference is not worth mentioning), so that would be a fair indicator then. :D

And he does look absolutely perfect with Voyager figures. Several of the pics on the CP facebook page show this, or even larger figures, in fact.
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1217739)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on May 5th, 2011 @ 5:21pm CDT
Sidecutter wrote:
amcgrath929 wrote:I don't have the G1 Hardhead. I'm comparing this to the HeadRobots version. He comes up to Nightsticks elbows. He looks to have nailed the solidity he was looking for though. I just think this mini megs would look better with a voyager figure.


Well, they're the same size, give or take a bit (any difference is not worth mentioning), so that would be a fair indicator then. :D

And he does look absolutely perfect with Voyager figures. Several of the pics on the CP facebook page show this, or even larger figures, in fact.


Well I could easily get on board with that. I don't have a FB so I can't view the pictures but I can imagine he would look quite well with them.
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1217779)
Posted by Sidecutter on May 5th, 2011 @ 7:54pm CDT
A valid point! For those without Facebook, then...

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1217907)
Posted by krenger99 on May 6th, 2011 @ 12:15am CDT
Sidecutter wrote: I don't think it's fair to call it "obscene" when you don't know what the costs are compared to the price being asked. I think you would be surprised how much it actually costs to produce something like this.


Maybe "obscene" was a bit harsh, and I apologize for any offense. I honestly really like the way they look, especially in a seeker's hand. And I do have an idea on what it costs to make. Injection molding is a ridiculously expensive process all by itself, not counting any detailing and packaging costs. Especially when the molds deteriorate after 4-5 hundred uses. Your profit margin is your business, not mine, which is why I didn't bring it up. I'm sure you all earn every cent for every piece you guys put out. It still doesn't change the fact that it's expensive.
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1218445)
Posted by Blackstreak on May 7th, 2011 @ 8:51am CDT
El Duque wrote:What I don't understand is why they insist on making existing main characters into Targetmasters instead of just making the original G1 Targetmasters partners. I can kind of understand Megatron, he does after all turn into a gun, but I don't really need a Starscream that turns into a gun.


Shockwave, Galvatron, Six Shot, Quickswitch all make sense too. Well, maybe not the six changers but definitely Shockwave and Galvatron. I never had any interest in these targetmaster versions.

Click here to view an additional 18 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys
Twincast / Podcast #102:
"Hidden Mickeys"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 5th, 2014