First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters

Transformers News: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters

Wednesday, December 29th, 2010 8:36PM CST

Categories: Toy News, 3rd Party News
Posted by: DevastaTTor   Views: 103,648

Online toy retailer Captured Prey is apparently jumping into the ever-popular Targetmaster arena with their own new exclusive offerings. Their Targetmasters, Mastershooter MS-01B Brown King and Mastershooter MS-01M Mega Gun, feature designs similar to G1 Megatron and come in brown and black or silver and black respectively. The description for these new accessories reads:

Captured Prey wrote:Mega Gun and Brown King are the debut release of MasterShooter Collectibles! Limited in number and made with the expert help of a fan favorite third party company (who has asked to remain anonymous), these figures will be produced using high quality steel injection molds and durable ABS plastic!

Measuring approximately 2.2 inches tall in robot mode and 3.17 inches in weapon mode, Mega Gun and Brown King will be cast in color and pre-painted, ready to make any bot in your collection shake a washer loose with fear when these imposing weapons are aimed at them! Articulated shoulders and elbows allow each figure to aim his own weapon as well, making them the perfect scouts or assassins. The figures are designed with a stepped 4mm to 5mm peg handle, allowing them to be used by original Targetmaster Transformers, and almost all modern figures, too. And, as a bonus, an adaptor is released that allows Classics Starscream or any later version of his mold to carry Mega Gun along with their own weapon under the wing!

Both Mega Gun and Brown King will be limited to 500 pieces each, or produced to meet demand if more pre-orders are received. This item is currently estimated for release early in the second quarter of 2011.

The figures are listed for pre-order for $18 USD when purchased separately or for $35 USD when purchased together.

Mastershooter MS-01M Mega Gun can be pre-ordered HERE

Mastershooter MS-01B Brown King can be pre-ordered HERE

The Mastershooter Two-Pack can be pre-ordered HERE

Credit(s): El Duque, Capturedprey.com
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1163401)
Posted by It Is Him on December 29th, 2010 @ 9:51pm CST
Captured Prey are a great shop. I bought some stuff from them at Botcon IRL, and I have to say, they were a great bunch of guys. If they had something I wanted, I would happily do business with them again.

As for the Targetmasters, they look cool, but I'm just not into 3rd Party stuff.
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1163421)
Posted by Blackstreak on December 29th, 2010 @ 11:32pm CST
I got mine pre-ordered. :grin:
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1163434)
Posted by Sodan-1 on December 30th, 2010 @ 4:52am CST
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1163436)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on December 30th, 2010 @ 5:13am CST
Insane Galvatron wrote:
WarGraver wrote:"Brown King"? Really?

I think it's a play on "Browning" without using the actual name.

Personally, I would have used B.M, but maybe thats just me. :lol:
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1163439)
Posted by Sidecutter on December 30th, 2010 @ 5:36am CST
Sodan-1 wrote:Hmm. (That's a positive "hmm".) The figure looks really good for Captured Prey's first product. Nice touch making him mountable on the wing of a Seeker. Take the scope/cannon off and I'd say it could pass for a Classic Targetmaster as well. The only not-positive thing I have to say about it is that it's got a bit of size to it. Doesn't look too bad in the hand of a Voyager though. Squarely on the fence with this.

Just want to keep the record straight and note that I'm only the seller on this, so it
is not exactly my product - Any credit for design and creation belongs to the person behind Mastershooter, the only piece I have actually "created" so far on this was to designate the product numbers :lol: . I do know the designer personally however, he is a member of the fan community in the area, and I'm certainly pleased to be offering his first product!
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1163447)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on December 30th, 2010 @ 6:33am CST
I'm a good friend with the guy who designed these guys and started up MasterShooter. He's spent a good amount of time and money on these. I've seen the prototype in person and it is a nice little targetmaster.
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1163460)
Posted by Rated X on December 30th, 2010 @ 7:59am CST
"Brown King" LMAO !!!

He's a turd !!!

These figures are really wack...
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1163568)
Posted by LiKwid on December 30th, 2010 @ 2:34pm CST
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1163706)
Posted by Sidecutter on December 30th, 2010 @ 9:43pm CST
LiKwid wrote:Im not big on the targetmaster thing nor have i ordered from captured prey but i can vouch for the guys in charge of it. I got a chance to meet them at botcon this pat year in orlando and they helped me out, showing where to go and what to expect. Class act guys and they are true fans of the transformers, I'd feel comfortable ordering from them...

I certainly hope you'll give us a try! The site depends on word of mouth like yours and customers giving us the chance to show them there's another game in town.
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1210914)
Posted by El Duque on April 19th, 2011 @ 12:10am CDT
MasterShooter collectibles has updated their facebook page with prototype images of their upcoming MS-01M Mega Gun, a Targetmaster style version of G1 Megatron. This figure along with it's repaint MS-01B Brown King are limited release exclusives to Captured Prey where they are available for preorder.

Product description from Captured Prey:

[quote]Mega Gun and Brown King are the debut release of MasterShooter Collectibles! Limited in number and made with the expert help of a fan favorite third party company (who has asked to remain anonymous), these figures will be produced using high quality steel injection molds and durable ABS plastic!

Measuring approximately 2.2 inches tall in robot mode and 3.17 inches in weapon mode, Mega Gun will be cast in color and pre-painted, ready to make any bot in your collection shake a washer loose with fear when this imposing weapon is aimed at them! Articulated shoulders and elbows allow Mega Gun to aim his own weapon as well, making him the perfect scout or assassin. The figures are designed with a stepped 4mm to 5mm peg handle, allowing them to be used by original Targetmaster Transformers, and almost all modern figures, too. And, as a bonus, an adaptor is released that allows Classics Starscream or any later version of his mold to carry Mega Gun along with their own weapon under the wing!

Mega Gun will be limited to 500 pieces, or produced to meet demand if more pre-orders are received. This item is currently estimated for release early in the second quarter of 2011.[/quote]

Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1210917)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on April 19th, 2011 @ 12:34am CDT
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1210918)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on April 19th, 2011 @ 1:11am CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:I really would have preferred that they used Classics Megatron, we already have lots of little G1 Megatrons, from that first target masters style Megatron to the Legends class Megatron, and I thought there was another but I can't remember. Still, I'd like a little Classics Megatron, even if it's just his weapon mode, I'd be fine with that.

Been done. Some third party a while back released an accessory scaled to clasics Starscream of Clasics Megatron's gun mode.
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1210919)
Posted by waaaaghlord on April 19th, 2011 @ 1:29am CDT
Lord Onixprime wrote:

Actually no they didn't. Fan's Project showed prototypes for a mini Megs gun in Classics and Henkei colours a couple of years ago but they never went into production and they have said that they won't be making them for release.

Seriously considering putting in a preorder for one of these. As long as we've got the site owner's attention can I ask if you ship internationally, specifically to the UK?
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1210921)
Posted by NemesisMonkeySupreme on April 19th, 2011 @ 1:32am CDT
Glad this was updated with new pics cuz otherwise I'd never have known about this thread.

Pre-order complete. :CON:
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1210931)
Posted by Mykltron on April 19th, 2011 @ 3:58am CDT
Nice gun mode. How cute. I may have been interested if it had more ball joints.
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1210937)
Posted by Blackstreak on April 19th, 2011 @ 4:21am CDT
That's really not a bad option for those of you who wanted a miniaturized Walther P-38 to mimic Megatron's smaller alt mode. I would probably order only one myself.
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1210949)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on April 19th, 2011 @ 4:57am CDT
Mykltron wrote:Nice gun mode. How cute. I may have been interested if it had more ball joints.

I got your ball joints RIGHT HERE buddy! :KREMZEEK:
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1210971)
Posted by Sidecutter on April 19th, 2011 @ 7:19am CDT
waaaaghlord wrote:Seriously considering putting in a pre-order for one of these. As long as we've got the site owner's attention can I ask if you ship internationally, specifically to the UK?

You certainly can, and I certainly do. :D Shipping is available to anywhere the United States Postal Service ships. First Class Mail would be the correct option to pick for these internationally. Unless you really, really want it to deliver within a week, give or take, then you could pick a Priority option.
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1210972)
Posted by CaSSeTteBOTs45 on April 19th, 2011 @ 7:34am CDT

:CON:
Re: First Look at Captured Prey's Exclusive Targetmasters (1210976)
Posted by Sidecutter on April 19th, 2011 @ 7:51am CDT
CaSSeTteBOTs45 wrote:Despite all the negativity about it, I think this is a great idea! Even if it isn't the best molded targetmaster, and it doesn't look quite like G1 Megatron in the gun mode, its still in the spirit of the old targetmasters. I would consider getting this if it were a reasonable price... and display it with my G1 Soundwave!! :D

:CON:

Hm. Not sure if you already knew, but these have been up for pre-order for some time. Pricing is $18 for one, or $35 for both (and believe me, there's not any huge padding in there, I know what these are costing to be made, nor am I making any large amount on them). Production run is limited to 500 of each figure.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Age of Extinction Construct-Bots Dinofire Grimlock and Optimus Set - Time Remaining: 4 days 12 hours 28 minutes 19 seconds
Transformers Age of Extinction Galvatron Power Attacker - Time Remaining: 4 days 12 hours 3 minutes 31 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Sunstreaker Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 13 hours 35 minutes 29 seconds
Beast Wars Transformers D-7 Shadow Panther NIB Japan - Time Remaining: 3 days 5 hours 6 minutes 28 seconds
Transformers Movie Advanced Series AD28 Snarl ** - Time Remaining: 4 days 12 hours 56 minutes 9 seconds
Transformers Age of Extinction DARKSIDE SOUNDWAVE AD17 Advanced Series Takara - Time Remaining: 4 days 12 hours 59 minutes 59 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS DARKMOUNT DELUXE CLASS MISB NEW - Time Remaining: 4 days 7 hours 42 minutes 55 seconds
Transformers Cybertron Leader Class 10 Inch Megatron Action Figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 10 hours 8 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #146 - Happy Accidents