First Look at Dark Of The Moon Villain Toy - Robot and Alternate Mode

Transformers News: First Look at Dark Of The Moon Villain Toy - Robot and Alternate Mode

Monday, January 24th, 2011 1:45AM CST

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Anonymous.   Views: 70,630

The next villain in the Transformers Live-Action will be a familiar face, and certainly is a fan favorite. Much like Megatron, he was a gun in Generation One, a major antagonist in Transformers: Energon, the ultimate turncoat in Transformers: Animated and pure Machiavellian in his other appearances in the Transformers Universe. Now thanks to dotmtoys and ACToys.net, we've got a nice look at the villain's alternate mode. Our insiders say that it's a Voyager class toy, however nothings concrete at this point. You'll find the images via Youtube!

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Credit(s): dotmtoys/actoys
Re: First Look at Dark Of The Moon Villain Toy - Robot and Alternate Mode (1173194)
Posted by BATTOUSAIXD on January 24th, 2011 @ 1:55am CST
Shockwave's alt mode looks pretty good :D Can't wait to see his robot mode!
Re: First Look at Dark Of The Moon Villain Toy - Robot and Alternate Mode (1173195)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on January 24th, 2011 @ 1:58am CST
Reminds me a lot of Megatron's tank mode in Revenge of the Fallen.

Can't wait to see robot mode!
Re: First Look at Dark Of The Moon Villain Toy - Robot and Alternate Mode (1173196)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on January 24th, 2011 @ 1:59am CST
meh. tank mode is a bit lackluster although the colors are nice, robot mode will make or break this figure
Re: First Look at Dark Of The Moon Villain Toy - Robot and Alternate Mode (1173197)
Posted by harrison on January 24th, 2011 @ 1:59am CST
I think this could be the bot mode:http://bbs.actoys.net/read.php?tid-574716.html
Re: First Look at Dark Of The Moon Villain Toy - Robot and Alternate Mode (1173198)
Posted by Anonymous. on January 24th, 2011 @ 2:00am CST
Robot mode added in Youtube video.
Re: First Look at Dark Of The Moon Villain Toy - Robot and Alternate Mode (1173200)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on January 24th, 2011 @ 2:05am CST
Re: First Look at Dark Of The Moon Villain Toy - Robot and Alternate Mode (1173201)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on January 24th, 2011 @ 2:14am CST
baahhh..... I guess. What is with the ROTF line and angling hands so that the elbow bends it in the begging position. GRR. This is another figure I might "make do" with for a shockwave... and even then, my Shocklbast retains more Shockwave looks than this........ sort of. ARGH!
NEED. A. GOOD. SHOCKWAVE. wouldn't think a character that is so freaking simple to have such a hard time making its way to a good figure iteration. I bet they will remake shockwave a few times too... maybe i'll just wait it all out. Could have ATLEAST made the eye yellow (or the gun on the right side, unless its just flipped pix)... if you showed this figure to a kid in 1995, he'd probably think it was from some other anime show or something.
:CON:
Re: First Look at Dark Of The Moon Villain Toy - Robot and Alternate Mode (1173204)
Posted by BATTOUSAIXD on January 24th, 2011 @ 2:29am CST
I like the robot mode! It looks pretty good 8) Hopefully there will be leaders of both Shockwave and Megatron...
Re: First Look at Dark Of The Moon Villain Toy - Robot and Alternate Mode (1173205)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on January 24th, 2011 @ 2:46am CST
cannonfodder4000 wrote:Not the best Cybertronian tank mode i've seen, but nothing horrible, at least he doesn't have a big "Mechtech" chunk sticking out of his alt mode. :roll:

Well, I like his robot mode, I was expecting it to be a bit more slender, but i'll let that slide, what I dont like is his eye, I dont have a problem with it being red, but it seriously needs to be smaller! :-(
Re: First Look at Dark Of The Moon Villain Toy - Robot and Alternate Mode (1173206)
Posted by Autobot032 on January 24th, 2011 @ 2:53am CST
I'll have to see it in person and on film before I'm sold on it, but it's better than most of the offerings we've seen so far.
Re: First Look at Dark Of The Moon Villain Toy - Robot and Alternate Mode (1173207)
Posted by Berserker Prime on January 24th, 2011 @ 3:06am CST
Pure awesome. Ive been waiting to see this one.
Re: First Look at Dark Of The Moon Villain Toy - Robot and Alternate Mode (1173208)
Posted by Ravage XK on January 24th, 2011 @ 3:34am CST
Hmm, not as good looking as I would have hoped. His gun arm is too big, seems to be the norm for figures with guns for or on arms these days. I do like the head design though, keeps Shockwaves classic look while fitting in with the movie look.

If you paint it grey and change the head it could be Megatron. I hope that his character makes up for it and keeps his cool and cold persona that we loved from G1.

Wonder if they will release a more purple, G1 like version?

Actually, the more I look at it the more I like it.
Re: First Look at Dark Of The Moon Villain Toy - Robot and Alternate Mode (1173210)
Posted by Optimutt on January 24th, 2011 @ 3:44am CST
the tank mode looks like it's been run through a meat grinder and then dropped from the back of a space shuttle while in orbit. But the robot mode is actually pretty decent. It's one of the few Movie-verse toys that actually looks pretty good, a list that, imo, contains all of three others: Buster Prime, Devastator and Soundwave. For this, I don't blame Hasbro, I blame the Bay-verse aesthetic.

In Has/Tak's defense, they have done an admirable job making good, working toys from utter garbage character models. While I doubt I'll purchase any DotM toys, I'm sure others will. Keep up the good work, Hasbro!
Re: First Look at Dark Of The Moon Villain Toy - Robot and Alternate Mode (1173211)
Posted by mightwork on January 24th, 2011 @ 3:46am CST
So far I think this is the best looking DOTM figure yet. I'm glad he's a cybertronian style TF (Some figures aren't meant to have a earth mode).

Now if we can just see some pics of Sentinal Prime 8)
Re: First Look at Dark Of The Moon Villain Toy - Robot and Alternate Mode (1173213)
Posted by Mykltron on January 24th, 2011 @ 4:09am CST
MINDVVIPE wrote:baahhh..... I guess. What is with the ROTF line and angling hands so that the elbow bends it in the begging position. GRR.

We call them monkey arms. I hate the things as well. At least I'll be able to fix the wrists with a ball joint.
Re: First Look at Dark Of The Moon Villain Toy - Robot and Alternate Mode (1173216)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on January 24th, 2011 @ 4:19am CST
Mykltron wrote:

You mean the open hand... :roll: Another part I'd rather be a fist, so it can hold some guns.
Re: First Look at Dark Of The Moon Villain Toy - Robot and Alternate Mode (1173217)
Posted by --B-- on January 24th, 2011 @ 12:55pm CST
Shockwave with 2 hands = FAIL.
Re: First Look at Dark Of The Moon Villain Toy - Robot and Alternate Mode (1173218)
Posted by Crosshairs on January 24th, 2011 @ 12:59pm CST
I knew it was Shockwave. this guy is sooooooooooo coooooooooooooool. Definitely get, unless i find out that there is a leader class version. :grin:
Re: First Look at Dark Of The Moon Villain Toy - Robot and Alternate Mode (1173222)
Posted by Mkall on January 24th, 2011 @ 1:10pm CST
I was hoping for something I could use in my neo-classics line instead of Energon Shockblast...

Guess I was wrong.
Re: First Look at Dark Of The Moon Villain Toy - Robot and Alternate Mode (1173226)
Posted by Kibble on January 24th, 2011 @ 1:21pm CST
Considering what we've seen so far from the movie, it could have been a lot worse. Bot mode looks fine...alt mode looks pretty stupid, like just about every 'Cybertronian' alt mode does.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Cybertron Deluxe Decepticon Brimstone (2005). - Time Remaining: 2 days 18 hours 48 minutes 15 seconds
Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot G-1 Blaster and Twin Cast - Time Remaining: 2 days 6 hours 17 minutes 44 seconds
ya07154 Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G05 Gekisoumaru 4904810483311 - Time Remaining: 3 days 14 hours 36 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Apex & Powermaster Optimus Prime - Time Remaining: 2 days 19 hours 51 minutes 37 seconds
transformers dark of the moon bumble bee starscream 2010 - Time Remaining: 3 days 1 hour 17 minutes 58 seconds
TRANSFORMERS HEADMASTERS AUTOBOT CHROMEDOME HARDHEAD ANIME PRODUCTION CEL - Time Remaining: 2 days 8 hours 34 minutes 12 seconds
TRANSFORMERS UNITED ARK UNICRON DECEPTICON UNIVERSAL DOMINATOR UN-29 TAKARA TOMY - Time Remaining: 3 days 3 hours 20 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers Generations Titans Return Fortress Maximus Titan Class Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 5 hours 9 minutes 5 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #160 - Grappling with Memory