First Look at Generations BLURR from Botcon!

Transformers News: First Look at Generations BLURR from Botcon!

Saturday, June 26th, 2010 4:37PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Nekoman   Views: 53,199

That classic fast-talking 1986 Autobot is back, now as apart of the Generations toy line! Generations Blurr is a retool of Generations Drift, featuring new pistols and a sniper riffle! Blurr is slated for release around September, to view our photos of him from Botcon, click here!

Credit(s): Seibertron

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: First Look at Generations BLURR from Botcon! (1090849)
Posted by Ungie on June 26th, 2010 @ 4:45pm CDT
Blurrz, rejoice.
Re: First Look at Generations BLURR from Botcon! (1090850)
Posted by kookaburra on June 26th, 2010 @ 4:46pm CDT
Love him! I was worried he'd be a bit...monochrome with all the blue, but it looks like they've done a wonderful job getting the different hues to stand out.
Re: First Look at Generations BLURR from Botcon! (1090852)
Posted by Caelus on June 26th, 2010 @ 4:47pm CDT
I love that three-tone blue paint scheme on his vehicle mode.
Re: First Look at Generations BLURR from Botcon! (1090855)
Posted by Onslaught22 on June 26th, 2010 @ 4:51pm CDT
Onslaught22 wrote:Dear Santa (Hasbro),

I have been really good this year lining your coffers with my hard earned money. What I would really like for christmas are Generations Blurr, Generations Jazz, Generations Shockwave, and if it's not too much trouble, TFA Omega Supreme.

NOTE: I know they are doing a Drift repaint for Blurr with a new head sculpt, I'm just a little disappointed with that thought

OK.... now that I've seen some photos, I am sold. I know I was hoping for a new mold, but this will do just fine :APPLAUSE:
Re: First Look at Generations BLURR from Botcon! (1090857)
Posted by Dead Metal on June 26th, 2010 @ 4:58pm CDT
And hell yea Blurr is fecking amazing!
This is bought on sight.
Re: First Look at Generations BLURR from Botcon! (1090864)
Posted by Samsonator on June 26th, 2010 @ 5:26pm CDT
I'll admit I had my skepticisms about Blurr from Drift, but I can dig it. My fears have been put to rest, this is a must-buy (as most of Generations seems to be for me)
Re: First Look at Generations BLURR from Botcon! (1090870)
Posted by Autobots....FIRE! on June 26th, 2010 @ 5:55pm CDT
Aww yeah!
Re: First Look at Generations BLURR from Botcon! (1090872)
Posted by SJ21 on June 26th, 2010 @ 5:59pm CDT
Maybe all that shoulder kibble works for Drift, but I wish there was a way to trim it down for Blurr. Either way, I am buying him on sight.
Re: First Look at Generations BLURR from Botcon! (1090876)
Posted by Nekoman on June 26th, 2010 @ 6:05pm CDT
Blurr and Dirge are really impressive. I think Dirge is a unique and interesting variant that looks nothing like his Henkei and Botcon release. Likewise, Blurr is a real excellent reuse of the Drift mold, with some cool new weapons.
Re: First Look at Generations BLURR from Botcon! (1090879)
Posted by PhantomPrime on June 26th, 2010 @ 6:28pm CDT
As soon as I see Jazz and Wheeljack in Classics format, I'll finish my collection of my favorite Autobots.

So far, it's Drift, Soundwave and Megatron that catch my attention. Blurr is cool, but not a definite buy.
Re: First Look at Generations BLURR from Botcon! (1090882)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 26th, 2010 @ 8:31pm CDT
He's so beeeeeeeeaaaaaaaauuuuuuutiful..... -cries like there's no tomorrow- :BOOM: :BOOM: :BOOM:
Re: First Look at Generations BLURR from Botcon! (1090890)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on June 26th, 2010 @ 8:42pm CDT
Dirge and Blurr are definite gets for me. As for Megatron and Soundwave...I need to see them on pegs. If they were on pegs now and I cave in and buy them, it'll only be to be completist about the WFC line (as I do plan for Prime and Bumblebee). Aren't they including Shockwave in some versions of the game? I think I'd be more willing to buy him if he gets a new figure...
Re: First Look at Generations BLURR from Botcon! (1090899)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on June 26th, 2010 @ 8:55pm CDT
So now we have seen the entire Generations line, correct? Blurr looks really solid. My only negative is the doors on his side, but since they hold his saweeet pistols, i can manage. The head sculpt is spot on. Generations is a must have line fore me.
Re: First Look at Generations BLURR from Botcon! (1090902)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on June 26th, 2010 @ 8:56pm CDT
WFC Soundwave is a MUST PURCHASE for me. I will get Dirge as he is closer to being accurate than the Botcon one is (BC one will return to his happy slumber in the box).
Re: First Look at Generations BLURR from Botcon! (1090907)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 26th, 2010 @ 9:04pm CDT
amcgrath929 wrote:So now we have seen the entire Generations line, correct?

No, my friend, this is merely a drop in the ocean. Don't forget they need to include more Classic Voyagers and possibly Leaders (Like a Classic Leader Class Optimus Prime/Megatron). Expect more figures to come! :BOOM: =P~
Re: First Look at Generations BLURR from Botcon! (1090922)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on June 26th, 2010 @ 9:21pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
amcgrath929 wrote:So now we have seen the entire Generations line, correct?

I am pretty sure the Generations line was intended to be a deluxe class only line. But i agree, I would love to see some other classes thrown into the mix.
Re: First Look at Generations BLURR from Botcon! (1090927)
Posted by zenosaurus_x on June 26th, 2010 @ 9:27pm CDT
This is pretty odd but.....I like the boxes...
Anyhow, not really into non movie things but if there is some way Straxus can look movie-ish I may get him...
Re: First Look at Generations BLURR from Botcon! (1090933)
Posted by Naked Magnus on June 26th, 2010 @ 9:34pm CDT
I guess this means no Hasbro Generations Arcee then?
Re: First Look at Generations BLURR from Botcon! (1090941)
Posted by rpetras on June 26th, 2010 @ 9:41pm CDT
Blurr = meh I-)

I'll probably end up getting him at some point, but I think I'll stick with TFA Blurr as the official Blurr of my "Classics" collection. He's the only TFA fig I think can pull off the crossover.
Re: First Look at Generations BLURR from Botcon! (1090944)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on June 26th, 2010 @ 9:44pm CDT
revengeofstarscream wrote:I guess this means no Hasbro Generations Arcee then?

not yet at least, but there is always 2011 to hope for

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers 1996 Beast Wars Deluxe Class: Tigatron *Missing gut gun - Time Remaining: 4 days 10 hours 25 seconds
Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Bumblebee Brand New Sealed on Mint Card - Time Remaining: 4 days 19 hours 15 minutes 35 seconds
Transformers Universe Generations G1 Autobot Cosmos G1 REISSUE - Time Remaining: 4 days 16 hours 32 minutes 23 seconds
Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Thundercracker Brand New Sealed MintOnCard - Time Remaining: 4 days 19 hours 5 minutes 31 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 3 DARK OF THE MOON IRONHIDE ACTION FIGURE VOYAGER NEW - Time Remaining: 6 days 6 hours 9 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers AOE SILVER KNIGHT OPTIMUS PRIME & G1 GRIMLOCK Target Exclusive New - Time Remaining: 4 days 9 hours 45 minutes 1 second
TRANSFORMERS G1 REISSUE AUTOBOT MINI-VEHICLE: SEASPRAY - Time Remaining: 5 days 10 hours 36 minutes 39 seconds
Transformers Generation 2 G2 Road Pig Figure Hasbro 1994 - Time Remaining: 6 days 9 minutes 20 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #155 - Pillarboxed