First Look at New Transformers Movie Legends Figures

Transformers News: First Look at New Transformers Movie Legends Figures

Wednesday, January 9th, 2008 5:04PM CST

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Skowl   Views: 50,271

New official images have surfaced showcasing four new Legends-sized figures from the Transformers Movie toyline. They are:

Bumblebee vs Scorponok and Battle Jazz vs Ice Megatron.

See the images below:

Credit(s): tfw2005.com
Re: First Look at New Transformers Movie Legends Figures (599032)
Posted by omega666 on January 9th, 2008 @ 5:09pm CST
Re: First Look at New Transformers Movie Legends Figures (599041)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 9th, 2008 @ 5:17pm CST
This Scorponok's robot mode looks better than the deluxe version, just... give him a neck.

The others are meh.
Re: First Look at New Transformers Movie Legends Figures (599043)
Posted by Rijie on January 9th, 2008 @ 5:21pm CST
I love little Scorponok.
Re: First Look at New Transformers Movie Legends Figures (599050)
Posted by FracturedKoi on January 9th, 2008 @ 5:31pm CST
I saw a couple of these two packs at Target yesterday, but I don't normally collect mini-figures, so I passed. Still though, the mini-brawl is cool looking.
Re: First Look at New Transformers Movie Legends Figures (599057)
Posted by i_amtrunks on January 9th, 2008 @ 5:38pm CST
Scorpy is like a tiny version of his lovely Deluxe figure.

The others are all hilariously bad. Battle Damaged Jazz is somewhat odd, only Jazz's robot mode got damaged???

The Movie line truly is scrapping the bottom of the barrel.
Re: First Look at New Transformers Movie Legends Figures (599063)
Posted by Chaoslock on January 9th, 2008 @ 5:48pm CST
So... Animated Prime and Movie Jazz went into a bar, and in the morning they woke up in front of a tattoo saloon "bottle damaged"... :???:
Re: First Look at New Transformers Movie Legends Figures (599073)
Posted by OptitronPrime on January 9th, 2008 @ 5:57pm CST
Scorponok looks better than the original :APPLAUSE: nice Hasbro makin' the 5.00 versio better. Ice Megatron battle Jazz I see Hasbo is trying to use every mold they have as much as they can but since they could only usethe molds for the movie toys at least I think so but they could probably put them in the Classics or Animated line if they just took the details off them
Re: First Look at New Transformers Movie Legends Figures (599080)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on January 9th, 2008 @ 6:01pm CST
Now thats bad. They really need to make a real robot mode for scorp. And this battle damage trend is getting old.
Re: First Look at New Transformers Movie Legends Figures (599110)
Posted by Autobot Jazz on January 9th, 2008 @ 6:23pm CST
PorQPine wrote:I love little Scorponok.

Me to, I'm not sure which I like better, this or Deluxe Scorponok
Re: First Look at New Transformers Movie Legends Figures (599111)
Posted by imotron on January 9th, 2008 @ 6:25pm CST
omega666 wrote:What would have Scorponok's real robotic form would have looked like if they had done it in the movie?

I am with you!

Vote for Optimus Prime for PRESIDENT
Re: First Look at New Transformers Movie Legends Figures (599133)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on January 9th, 2008 @ 6:59pm CST
Scorponok looks alright, the rest, well if I haven't bought them yet...
Re: First Look at New Transformers Movie Legends Figures (599135)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on January 9th, 2008 @ 7:01pm CST
I'm getting that Scorponok! I'm one of Dlx Scorp's few supporters, I even modded his bot mode to move his tail up onto his back. He's great IMHO.

That Jazz, on the other hand, is crap. I just got the first Allspark Battles Jazz, the one that comes w/ Brawl or Bonecrusher- it's identical in markings and coloration to this new one, and it's crap. It feels like it's made of a diff. material, lighter than the original Legends Jazz, and mine came pre-cracked at the sliding arm joint for my convenience. The window coloring sucks, and they can apparently only afford one set of grill paint apps, so they left the car mode grill unpainted. Yuck. He's lucky I didn't go polar bear on his sorry little ass and eat him right then and there. (Wow, lotsa anger there, huh? WTH?)

Anyway, Legends Scorponok is going to join my Dlx, Robot Heroes, 3D Battle Card, and Burger King versions. Scorpo-licious.
Re: First Look at New Transformers Movie Legends Figures (599160)
Posted by DISCHARGE on January 9th, 2008 @ 7:25pm CST
Your not alone in liking dlx Scroponok. I do too.
I'm not a fan of the legends class but I may get
the one for Scroponok.
I'd seen the robot heroes Scroponok at Walmart today,
it's very tempting, if only he transformed.
Re: First Look at New Transformers Movie Legends Figures (599168)
Posted by Bumblethumper on January 9th, 2008 @ 7:35pm CST
Mini-Scorp FTW

He rocks. Cool if he works out to scale with Voyager Blackout.
Re: First Look at New Transformers Movie Legends Figures (599174)
Posted by DeepWater on January 9th, 2008 @ 7:45pm CST
I fear I'll end up with these guys because I like them a little too much (the Legends, in general I mean). And the urge to collect little Camaros doesn't help, either.

That said, next movie Jazz I end up with is getting painted red and renamed Zoom-Zoom regardless of size class.
Re: First Look at New Transformers Movie Legends Figures (599184)
Posted by Craven Knight on January 9th, 2008 @ 7:56pm CST
I love the little Scorpinok, all the other legends are crumby as hell...
Re: First Look at New Transformers Movie Legends Figures (599219)
Posted by npk on January 9th, 2008 @ 8:51pm CST
i_amtrunks wrote:Scorpy is like a tiny version of his lovely Deluxe figure.

The others are all hilariously bad.

Actually, the Legends Megatron is by far the most movie accurate of the four movie Megatron toy molds.

Jazz is pretty decent, too.

Bumblebee kinda blows, tho.
Re: First Look at New Transformers Movie Legends Figures (599234)
Posted by Omega Charge on January 9th, 2008 @ 9:01pm CST
Scorponok!
Re: First Look at New Transformers Movie Legends Figures (599241)
Posted by Firebird on January 9th, 2008 @ 9:23pm CST
The little Scorponok looks pretty good (I have all the other Legends so I might as well get this little guy too!), but I agree with what the others say about the battle damage It just doesn't look good
Re: First Look at New Transformers Movie Legends Figures (599359)
Posted by Collector Maximus on January 10th, 2008 @ 1:43am CST
I think these legends figures look terrible to say the least. I just can't see spending my limited cash flow on these things. The ONLY legends size figure I have is Vector Prime and it looks like it will stay that way.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Age Extinction Generation Voyager Autobot Hound Figure Convert Mode - Time Remaining: 3 days 1 hour 24 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers Generations 30th JETFIRE Leader Class NIB (QWP 46) - Time Remaining: 2 days 34 minutes 6 seconds
Transformers Dark of the Moon Mechtech   Darksteel Figure Deluxe Class 2011 - Time Remaining: 3 days 9 hours 21 minutes 9 seconds
Transformers Animated Autobot Voyager Class Grimlock Action Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 5 hours 40 minutes 12 seconds
Transformers Cindersaur & Smokescreen Beast Hunters Predacons Rising Figure Set - Time Remaining: 3 days 15 hours 15 minutes 50 seconds
LOT TRANSFORMERS FIGURE LEGENDS CLASS OPTIMUS PRIME MEGATRON GRIMLOCK BUMBLEBEE - Time Remaining: 4 days 1 hour 37 minutes 46 seconds
Thrust Target 100% Complete 6 Inch Titanium Transformers - SHARP - box optional - Time Remaining: 2 days 36 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers Armada Jetfire with Commetor Mini-Con MISB (#RO5) - Time Remaining: 2 days 22 hours 41 minutes 55 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #148 - And Rom The Space Knight
"And Rom The Space Knight"
Posted: Monday, June 27th, 2016