Transformers News: First Look at Takara Dark Of The Moon Jetwing Optimus Prime and Cyberverse Commander Ironhide

Tuesday, April 5th, 2011 1:51PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Anonymous.   Views: 64,741

Autobase Aichi teases us with a little photo with big proportions. When it comes to movie figures, Takara's going to do things differently. Receiving some info from Kapow-Toys and compounded that with our own sources, Takara's UA-01 Jetwing Optimus Prime will be completely different from Hasbro's Ultimate Optimus Prime.

Although not officially confirmed, our sources say that Buster Prime will be used as a base, and the subsequent add-on parts will not form a trailer. And just like the picture says below, it's "BIG". For Ironhide fans, get a nice look at the scout-sized "Cyberverse Commander" variant of the character. Throw in some Bumblebee there in too for the fans of the yellow Camaro.

Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Credit(s): El Duque, Autobase Aichi

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: First Look at Takara Dark Of The Moon Jetwing Optimus Prime and Cyberverse Commander Ironhide (1205187)
Posted by Jesterhead on April 5th, 2011 @ 1:55pm CDT
If these rumors are true, that Prime will be mine. =P~
Re: First Look at Takara Dark Of The Moon Jetwing Optimus Prime and Cyberverse Commander Ironhide (1205198)
Posted by Love Dragon on April 5th, 2011 @ 2:19pm CDT
That Prime will be mine regardless...
Re: First Look at Takara Dark Of The Moon Jetwing Optimus Prime and Cyberverse Commander Ironhide (1205206)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on April 5th, 2011 @ 2:36pm CDT
Although it isn't the best picture, that figure looks rather promising.
Re: First Look at Takara Dark Of The Moon Jetwing Optimus Prime and Cyberverse Commander Ironhide (1205207)
Posted by BATTOUSAIXD on April 5th, 2011 @ 2:38pm CDT
This Prime is looking pretty awesome; now we need a leader Megatron and Shockwave to balance it out!
Re: First Look at Takara Dark Of The Moon Jetwing Optimus Prime and Cyberverse Commander Ironhide (1205213)
Posted by alternator77 on April 5th, 2011 @ 2:46pm CDT
if that picture is right it would mean a figure about 30 inches tall HOLY CRAP!! =P~ =P~ =P~
THIS I WOULD HAVE TO GET! (if true)

edit..hopefully this isnt another rumor like rotf devastator being 2ft tall that was a real letdown.
Re: First Look at Takara Dark Of The Moon Jetwing Optimus Prime and Cyberverse Commander Ironhide (1205218)
Posted by griftimus prime on April 5th, 2011 @ 2:51pm CDT
why cant ultimate prime look like jetwing prime? this is not fair.
Re: First Look at Takara Dark Of The Moon Jetwing Optimus Prime and Cyberverse Commander Ironhide (1205222)
Posted by ConBotFormer on April 5th, 2011 @ 2:57pm CDT
Oh yeah! DOTM Ultimate Prime looks so damn dumb, his trailer doesn't even look like it does in the movie...but this looks BADASS! ROTF leader Prime is the best and I was hoping it would get something like this for DOTM!!!!! :grin: Maybe it'll come to the states like Battle BB did for Costco.
Re: First Look at Takara Dark Of The Moon Jetwing Optimus Prime and Cyberverse Commander Ironhide (1205251)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 5th, 2011 @ 3:38pm CDT
Re: First Look at Takara Dark Of The Moon Jetwing Optimus Prime and Cyberverse Commander Ironhide (1205255)
Posted by alternator77 on April 5th, 2011 @ 3:43pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Eh guys, hate to throw this in but he may not be as big as we had hoped. The size shows he's 260 mm or 26 cm which is a mere 10 inches in height. I've compared Movie Voyager Prime and RotF Leader Prime and correct me if I'm wrong, but Voyagers come closer to those 10 inches than Leaders. Which brings me to this: this may be another attempt at releasing that cancelled Jetpower Optimus Prime, only with the Battle Blades mold instead of the first movie Voyager. Don't quote me on that tho, my size perception is lousy :oops:

you might be right... after zooming i really cant tell if thats a 7 or a 2 in front of the 60 so hopefully with the word big next to it is the former.
Re: First Look at Takara Dark Of The Moon Jetwing Optimus Prime and Cyberverse Commander Ironhide (1205256)
Posted by Pontimax 01 on April 5th, 2011 @ 3:44pm CDT
Though I'm not convinced by the picture, if Buster is the base for this new Prime, I will absolutely shell out the money to import him again. Buster is still my absolute favorite Prime I own.

And those gatling guns kick all sorts of ass. :APPLAUSE:
Re: First Look at Takara Dark Of The Moon Jetwing Optimus Prime and Cyberverse Commander Ironhide (1205260)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 5th, 2011 @ 3:48pm CDT
alternator77 wrote:

It's a 2, trust me. If it was 760 mm or 76 cm, he'd be bigger than Fortress Maximus: a whopping 2'6"! :shock:
Re: First Look at Takara Dark Of The Moon Jetwing Optimus Prime and Cyberverse Commander Ironhide (1205261)
Posted by Jesterhead on April 5th, 2011 @ 3:51pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

His width is listed as 480mm, so that would line up to 260mm in height.

No Buster Prime = No want...
Re: First Look at Takara Dark Of The Moon Jetwing Optimus Prime and Cyberverse Commander Ironhide (1205269)
Posted by ubertenorman on April 5th, 2011 @ 4:21pm CDT
:-B

If you look at the sides of his legs, you can see the folded up side panels from the Leader OP mold. BB OP's legs don't transform that way, so I would guess that this uses the Leader mold. Whether it's the Hasbro or Buster version remains to be seen, but considering it's Takara I'd guess it's Buster Prime.
Re: First Look at Takara Dark Of The Moon Jetwing Optimus Prime and Cyberverse Commander Ironhide (1205270)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 5th, 2011 @ 4:24pm CDT
Re: First Look at Takara Dark Of The Moon Jetwing Optimus Prime and Cyberverse Commander Ironhide (1205271)
Posted by G1Hotrod on April 5th, 2011 @ 4:28pm CDT
This is stupid. Way too much... why not put a tank on his head, guns on his butt...guns on his feet, etc...no wait..why not just make him a big giant gun.
Re: First Look at Takara Dark Of The Moon Jetwing Optimus Prime and Cyberverse Commander Ironhide (1205283)
Posted by ubertenorman on April 5th, 2011 @ 4:45pm CDT
Leader Prime checks in at 10 in (~254 mm) and BB OP is about 7 in (~177 mm).

Since the 260 mm on the picture only seems to measure to the top of his head, it's conceivable that it's the Buster Prime mode. The slightly different feet would only add a small bit of height, and that would be countered by his spread legs. (Actually, I just realized I can't tell if there is anything added to his feet.)

However, if the 260 mm measures up to the top of the wings, it's more likely to be the BB OP mold (or another voyager Prime).
Re: First Look at Takara Dark Of The Moon Jetwing Optimus Prime and Cyberverse Commander Ironhide (1205284)
Posted by #Sideways# on April 5th, 2011 @ 4:51pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Somebody do me a favor and size up RotF Leader Prime and Battle Blades Prime? Inches or metric is fine ;;)

ROTF: Approximately 1' 2"

Battle Blades: Approximately 8"

That is judging by the size compare of ROTF to Movie Prime, after that I looked at the Battle Blades Prime to ROTF size compare.

I don't know if it is the exact measurements, but its pretty darn close. ;)
Re: First Look at Takara Dark Of The Moon Jetwing Optimus Prime and Cyberverse Commander Ironhide (1205288)
Posted by Mykltron on April 5th, 2011 @ 4:52pm CDT

Yeah, your height perception is lousy! :D Leader Prime is 10 inches tall, voyagers are closer to six inches.
Re: First Look at Takara Dark Of The Moon Jetwing Optimus Prime and Cyberverse Commander Ironhide (1205292)
Posted by #Sideways# on April 5th, 2011 @ 4:56pm CDT
ubertenorman wrote:Leader Prime checks in at 10 in (~254 mm) and BB OP is about 7 in (~177 mm).

Darn! You posted before I! Humph, why must I be so slow...
Re: First Look at Takara Dark Of The Moon Jetwing Optimus Prime and Cyberverse Commander Ironhide (1205297)
Posted by Sodan-1 on April 5th, 2011 @ 5:02pm CDT
I assume that IF Buster Prime is used as the base then it'll be part of the package if the wings don't form anything else. With any luck it'll be a version with nice crisp white lines around the flames AND have a faceplate.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Adventure TAV50 hyper surge Optimus Prime Figure from Japan *New* - Time Remaining: 3 days 8 hours 1 minute 49 seconds
TRANSFORMERS TAKARA TOMY MASTERPIECE Ghost Starscream MP-03G MIB *BRAND NEW* - Time Remaining: 8 days 6 hours 7 minutes 32 seconds
Transformers Robot Heroes "Protoform Jazz & Brawl" Hasbro Movie Series *New Rare - Time Remaining: 8 days 4 hours 41 minutes 30 seconds
Transformers FOC Platinum Generations Voyager Grimlock w/Zenith Forge PLS READ - Time Remaining: 2 days 10 hours 14 minutes 45 seconds
G1 TRANSFORMERS: ROADBUSTER 1985 HASBRO RARE! - Time Remaining: 1 day 16 hours 46 minutes 26 seconds
Transformers G1 (empty) BOX/BUBBLE Detritus Collector's Edition e-Hobby takara - Time Remaining: 15 days 16 hours 6 minutes 25 seconds
Transformers G1 (empty) BOX/BUBBLE Orion Pax & Dion Collector's Edition e-Hobby - Time Remaining: 1 day 15 hours 40 minutes 30 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Motormaster Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 10 hours 13 minutes 16 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #154 - The Misfits