Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn

Transformers News: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn

Friday, February 21st, 2014 8:37PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 21,197

....and here's Brawn! The Transformers Cloud info has been coming fast and furious over the past 24 hours. Just last night e-Hobby announced wave two would feature Starscream and Brawn. Starscream coming from the Transformers Generations Voyager Doubledealer and Brawn being the previously cancelled GDO Voyager Brawn, a redeco/retool of Transformers Prime First Edition Bulkhead. Then earlier today we got our first actual toy image of TFC-D02 Starscream. Now we have our first toy image of TFC-A02 Brawn! This image also gives us a nice good look at their faces.

TFC-D02 Starscream will be available through e-Hobby and TFC-A02 Brawn will be available through the TakaraTomy Mall. Pre-order will open on the 24th.

Check him out below:

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Cloud Figures announced Brawn And Starscream
Credit(s): Japanese Message Board

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1552756)
Posted by Mindmaster on February 21st, 2014 @ 8:41pm CST
Now that we finally get to see Brawn, now I'm not feeling him as much. I guess it's because the torso looks... bulky (Swear to God, Sabrblade. You better not do it.). Head is spot on, so I will give him that.

I'll wait until we get some in-hand images.
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1552758)
Posted by Mkall on February 21st, 2014 @ 8:55pm CST
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1552759)
Posted by Mindmaster on February 21st, 2014 @ 8:57pm CST
Mkall wrote:Can't say I'm all that interested in this. If this is how they're introducing the GDO Voyager molds in Japan, I'm curious to see what the others will look like.

I can see it now: GDO Hot Spot as IDW Pyro (which... actually wouldn't be a bad idea).
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1552760)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 21st, 2014 @ 9:00pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:

Many people do wish that the Hot Spot tooling had existed at the time that BotCon 2010 had its Pryo figure. ;)
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1552762)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on February 21st, 2014 @ 9:08pm CST
looks like pinhead from puppet master
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1552766)
Posted by MagnetarPrime on February 21st, 2014 @ 9:40pm CST
Wow. All I can say is thank you takara, this will not be missed in my collection and if you all think they have fixed the shoulder pad issue. You are in for a big disappointment
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1552773)
Posted by Manterax Prime on February 21st, 2014 @ 10:08pm CST
I WANT THAT STARSCREAM!!!
Brawn looks cool too.
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1552791)
Posted by PrymeStriker on February 21st, 2014 @ 11:24pm CST
Brawn's proportions are terrible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Starscream: I can't believe it. Takara took a terrible mold...

...and made it even crappier!
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1552795)
Posted by f-primus-unicron on February 21st, 2014 @ 11:37pm CST
i liked better the gdo deco, specially the clear blue windows, but this one? doesnt look that good, starscream though looks better than spected
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1552796)
Posted by Autobot032 on February 21st, 2014 @ 11:39pm CST
Starscream looks a little better than I first thought, but still not something I'd buy. Brawn, on the other hand, I think looks awful. Wouldn't buy that at all. Had it come out during the GDO when it was supposed to, I'd have bought one to keep as spare parts in case my Bulkhead had ever broke, but that's it.
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1552799)
Posted by Triptykon on February 22nd, 2014 @ 12:06am CST
Not feeling these. As much as I like the paint on Screamie, I have the originals these are based off, and with all the great figures out there I still want, can't justify the purchase. The heads look really, really cool though.
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1552803)
Posted by K2vox on February 22nd, 2014 @ 12:48am CST
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1552816)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 22nd, 2014 @ 4:02am CST
As a Starscream fanboy, I REALLY want that thing... Especially to display him in TANK MODE! :lol:
However, I'm not sure I'm ready to pay the price. :-(
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1552852)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 22nd, 2014 @ 7:36am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

Some have put the Hot Spot head on their BotCon Pyro, incidentally enough. >:oP

The final two GDO Voyagers, Hot Spot and Powerdive/Ransack... who could they be repainted into?
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1552855)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on February 22nd, 2014 @ 7:58am CST
yeah these repaints are just weird. i dont see a starscream when i see that mold. i mostly see blitzwing and a bit of doubledealer. and brawn bulkhead looks bad. its not a brawn mold at all. just sthap TF cloud. sthap. the megatron and prime were alright but its like they are not even trying.
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1552857)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 22nd, 2014 @ 8:06am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

Some have put the Hot Spot head on their BotCon Pyro, incidentally enough. >:oP
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1552863)
Posted by T-Macksimus on February 22nd, 2014 @ 9:13am CST
So absolutely, positively suck-tacular it could strip the chrome off a trailer hitch. Way to go Takara. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1552931)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on February 22nd, 2014 @ 7:11pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

Some have put the Hot Spot head on their BotCon Pyro, incidentally enough. >:oP

If they went even more extreme than Brawn and blew Minicons up into Voyagers...

Firebot and Makeshift?

Firebot already got Hot Spot's deco once, and Makeshift's the first dual-rotor that springs to mind who isn't Highbrow or Obsidian. The latter also deserves to be honored as the best original name to come out of Armada by finally having it attached to a non-tiny toy. (No, Prime Wheeljack doesn't count)
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1552964)
Posted by Cobalt Prime on February 22nd, 2014 @ 11:14pm CST
Not interested in the Starscream, though the colors do pop, but I will acquire the Brawn. He will do nicely in filling in my Prime expanded universe Autobots.
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1552966)
Posted by proximus on February 22nd, 2014 @ 11:27pm CST
Brawn?
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1553058)
Posted by Sodan-1 on February 23rd, 2014 @ 1:07pm CST
Starscream actually looks pretty awesome. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but good. Don't think I have a spot for it in my collection though.

Brawn on the other hand is crap. It just doesn't not work at all. My initial thought was if it'd look better as Ironhide, but I think Bulkhead has too unique a physique to really work as anyone else.
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1553170)
Posted by El Duque on February 24th, 2014 @ 2:33am CST
e-Hobby and the TakaraTomy Mall have updated with many new images of the recently revealed Takara Tomy Exclusive Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn and TFC-D02 Starscream. Starscream is a redeco of the Transformers Generations Voyager Doubedealer mold, and Brawn is previously canceled Voyager GDO Brawn, which is a redeco/remold of Transformer Prime First Edition Voyager Bulkhead. Enjoy the new images mirrored below:

Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1553175)
Posted by MagnusLabel on February 24th, 2014 @ 4:04am CST
I can see jet judo.
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1553176)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on February 24th, 2014 @ 4:22am CST
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1553178)
Posted by TimothyR on February 24th, 2014 @ 5:13am CST
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:It seriously looks like the Bulkhead body is just a suit that Brawn is wearing. Such a tiny head! XD I love it and hate it.

that crossed my mind as well.

i really don't think prime bodies with generations style heads thrown on them look very good.

starscream looks very cool.. i love the G1 accurate colors.. had this figure been released in the US for $20.. i'd probably buy it.

oh.. and i REALLY hate the null ray placement in robot mode. i'd rather them be in the proper position or just use a different concept. if they had maybe.. sawed them in half and made them looked jerry rigged to be handheld guns.. i think that'd be really cool and fit the uniqueness of the figure.
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1553185)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on February 24th, 2014 @ 6:41am CST
doubledealer. those are not your colors. give them back to starscream before he finds out. bulkhead, take that mask off you are not fooling anyone
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1553186)
Posted by megatronus on February 24th, 2014 @ 7:26am CST
I have to admit - I do like both of these figures. I'm just less enthused about the price tag.
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1553189)
Posted by shockblast2 on February 24th, 2014 @ 7:54am CST
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1553191)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 24th, 2014 @ 7:59am CST
shockblast2 wrote:That Bulkhead is no Brawn. The only thing it is good for is the the head. Buy it, take the head off, use it on a custom that actually resembles Brawn. Hasbro/Takara and their shoehorning.......what will they think of next?? I surely hope the Generations Arcee coming out is not just a Generations Arcee head on a TF Prime Arcee body.....
They said at Toy fair that Generations Arcee is a car.

Though, it's a little ridiculous to think that they'd do to a mainline Generations figure what was done to this small time super limited side line.
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1553192)
Posted by wolverinetodd on February 24th, 2014 @ 8:10am CST
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1553193)
Posted by megatronus on February 24th, 2014 @ 8:13am CST

Here's a novel concept:

If you don't like it, don't buy it.
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1553194)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 24th, 2014 @ 8:13am CST
Alos, both figures look WAY better than either of them should.

El Duque wrote:Image
That deco looks so much nicer than his GDO figure's deco:

wolverinetodd wrote:I wonder if the shoulder issue is fixed on this version of the Blitzwing mould. This will be the fourth time (twice with Hasbro and twice with Takara) that this mould has been released and I know from experience that the issue wasn't resolved as far as Hasbro is concerned when the Double Dealer version was released. This being the second so far for Takara-ish, I wonder if it's been fixed. Anyone pick up the Takara version of Blitzwing? Did Takara resolve that shoulder issue just based on the problem with the Hasbro version?
Nope. Takara didn't fix it either.
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1553195)
Posted by megatronus on February 24th, 2014 @ 8:17am CST
Sabrblade wrote:That deco looks so much nicer than his GDO figure's deco:

I know, right? It's just plain unfair.

Still would have preferred the GDO release stateside for $20-$25, but the deco is admittedly a huge improvement on the Cloud version. Alas.
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1553202)
Posted by Powered Convoy on February 24th, 2014 @ 9:12am CST

I have it. His QC is better than Hasbro's (as is Doubledealer's is better than Hasbro's Blitzwing) but the issue isn't fixed with Takara's Blitzwing either.

Sabrblade wrote:Alos, both figures look WAY better than either of them should.

El Duque wrote:Image
That deco looks so much nicer than his GDO figure's deco:

Agreed 100%. Both of these Cloud figures look really nice all things considered.

Randy
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1553206)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 24th, 2014 @ 9:21am CST
Funny, people loved this:

Yet are hating this:

Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1553208)
Posted by Rated X on February 24th, 2014 @ 9:30am CST
Hey look its "not" brawn and "not" starscream !
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1553210)
Posted by Mindmaster on February 24th, 2014 @ 9:41am CST
These images do Brawn some justice. I might pick him up, if in-hand images appeal to me more.

Passing on Starscream. I get what they're trying to do, but it doesn't work as Starscream to me.
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1553217)
Posted by mooncake623 on February 24th, 2014 @ 10:26am CST
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1553218)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 24th, 2014 @ 10:33am CST
mooncake623 wrote:pre-orders up at BBTS

$100 a piece...

Can you order these from the Club or Ehobby?

E-Hobby only has Starscream, Brawn is only at TakaraTomy Mall. We could expect the club to put up listings for them, but price-wise you wouldn't be better or worse off with either.
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1553219)
Posted by Manterax Prime on February 24th, 2014 @ 10:51am CST
Yup, still looks amazing. And look, Brawn has his G1 colors.
And I might as well say it here too.
Brawn= muscle. How does that mold not work?
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1553222)
Posted by shajaki on February 24th, 2014 @ 11:05am CST
prime aesthetics in my opinion just dont fit with regular figures. much like movie figures. think about the flipside: put animated or prime ratchets head on classics ratchets body and see if that fits.

for me, the drawbacks of brawn are his tiny head and stubby legs.

starscream however... is just unique coming from that mold. part of me says "nooo.... a tank? he's not supposed to be a powerhouse.." but i dont know. i just really like him. maybe its the spot on G1 colors thats grabbing me.

ill agree the biggest drawback of the cloud line in general are the prices. its asking a lot for glorified repaints.
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1553227)
Posted by Fuhzimota on February 24th, 2014 @ 12:00pm CST
:-? Hmmm... I wonder if that teeny noggin of Brawn's would fit on a Classics Kup body. If Hasbro would scale it down, it would probably look good on the IDW Swerve/Gears mode as well, but for some reason, that tiny head on Bulkhead's massive body makes Brawn look like someone inflated him until his chest plates are separating. Maybe they should rename him Bloat instead of Brawn? :lol:
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1553247)
Posted by KirbyForce1 on February 24th, 2014 @ 1:12pm CST
For those of you who like or have seen some of my Kirbyformers, here's one I've made of this Starscream: Image

The image on my DeviantART page: http://kirby-force.deviantart.com/art/K ... -435696215
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1553263)
Posted by durroth on February 24th, 2014 @ 1:55pm CST
MagnusLabel wrote:I can see jet judo.

I think you mean 8) Jet Kun Do
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1553305)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 24th, 2014 @ 4:40pm CST
Rated X wrote:Hey look its "not" brawn and "not" starscream !
Well, they're at least "not" G1, since Cloud is its own continuity.
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1553310)
Posted by Ultra Markus on February 24th, 2014 @ 4:55pm CST
brawn looks like hes been taking cybersteroids and working out
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1553314)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 24th, 2014 @ 5:21pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Funny, people loved this:

Yet are hating this:

That's because BH deluxe Bulkhead is a MUCH better Brawn with better proportions than that Cloud joke.

I still want that Starscream, but for 100$, I'll prefer the Supreme Starscream mold in G1 colors. Sigh, when the hell Generations Doubledealer will be released in Quebec?
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1553331)
Posted by shajaki on February 24th, 2014 @ 7:21pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:Sigh, when the hell Generations Doubledealer will be released in Quebec?

here in alberta we JUST got rhinox and his case mate was sandstorm (which i thought was going to be doubledealer). also just in, the waspinator/skids deluxe wave.
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1553409)
Posted by Rated X on February 25th, 2014 @ 6:09am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Rated X wrote:Hey look its "not" brawn and "not" starscream !
Well, they're at least "not" G1, since Cloud is its own continuity.

So basically youre saying "cloud" is machine wars all over again ?
Re: First Look at Takara Tomy Transformers Cloud TFC-A02 Brawn (1553412)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 25th, 2014 @ 6:47am CST
Rated X wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Rated X wrote:Hey look its "not" brawn and "not" starscream !
Well, they're at least "not" G1, since Cloud is its own continuity.

So basically youre saying "cloud" is machine wars all over again ?
Huh? No. Machine Wars is a future version of some form of G1, while Cloud is set in some higher dimensional non-G1 world called Cloud World.

In this image, you can see G1 Optimus (from the cartoon) on the left, and Cloud Optimus on the right, with both existing as separate individuals from each other (and all the other Autobots are the G1 cartoon characters like G1 Optimus).

The reason we see the two together is because Cloud Optimus and Cloud Megatron (who is likewise a different guy from G1 Megatron) shifted their battle from Cloud World into the world of the (Japanese) G1 cartoon.

I'm iffy on the exact details surrounding this because the stories still haven't been translated into English yet, and Google Translate is useless in this case.

Click here to view an additional 99 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction