First Look at TarakaTomy's Classics Megatron - In G1 Colours!

Transformers News: First Look at TarakaTomy's Classics Megatron - In G1 Colours!

Tuesday, December 25th, 2007 4:19PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Skowl   Views: 45,204

The latest issue of Japanese Hobby Magazine "Figure Oh!" gives us our first look at TakaraTomy's Megatron figure from the Japanese Transformers Classics line, in a G1-inspired colour scheme.

Credit(s): Figure Oh! TFW2005.com
Re: First Look at TarakaTomy's Classics Megatron - In G1 Colours! (584570)
Posted by capellamusic on December 25th, 2007 @ 4:26pm CST
Holy crap! This one looks way better, this one is more "Megatron" than the Hasbro version. :shock:
Re: First Look at TarakaTomy's Classics Megatron - In G1 Colours! (584572)
Posted by Unicron Singularity on December 25th, 2007 @ 4:34pm CST
Way more MEGATRON, than the Gayotron-HasBlow version. :grin: :shock:
Re: First Look at TarakaTomy's Classics Megatron - In G1 Colours! (584573)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on December 25th, 2007 @ 4:36pm CST
Glad I preorded one :)
Re: First Look at TarakaTomy's Classics Megatron - In G1 Colours! (584574)
Posted by skywarp-2 on December 25th, 2007 @ 4:37pm CST
yep I'm definitely buying those!! Happy Holidays everyone! :grin:
Re: First Look at TarakaTomy's Classics Megatron - In G1 Colours! (584585)
Posted by Scaleface on December 25th, 2007 @ 4:58pm CST
So technically, since this is a toy gun without a a fourescent cap, it will be as hard to import as Masterpiece Megatron, right? Will they be putting plugs in it too? Will you need a permit to own one in Australia?
Re: First Look at TarakaTomy's Classics Megatron - In G1 Colours! (584588)
Posted by ekocher on December 25th, 2007 @ 5:09pm CST
dont think so it doesnt look like a real one
Re: First Look at TarakaTomy's Classics Megatron - In G1 Colours! (584589)
Posted by Autobot032 on December 25th, 2007 @ 5:16pm CST
I know I'm in the minority here, but I must say...

"No Sir, I don't like it."

I actually prefer the busier colors of the Hasbro original. In fact, I'm a little underwhelmed by Takara's repaints of this line. It's...really, really unimpressive. I was expecting the wow factor and got the bah factor.

I would like to see Takara do their own take on the rest of the Seekers though... (different enough not to infringe on the BC ones.)
Re: First Look at TarakaTomy's Classics Megatron - In G1 Colours! (584598)
Posted by Scaleface on December 25th, 2007 @ 5:55pm CST
ekocher wrote:dont think so it doesnt look like a real one

The law has no requirement for toy gun to look real and need a colorful plastic tip.
Re: First Look at TarakaTomy's Classics Megatron - In G1 Colours! (584609)
Posted by OptimusShr on December 25th, 2007 @ 6:30pm CST
Autobot032 wrote:I know I'm in the minority here, but I must say...

"No Sir, I don't like it."

I echo these sentiments. IMO the colors do not work that well on the toy.
Re: First Look at TarakaTomy's Classics Megatron - In G1 Colours! (584613)
Posted by AlienQuiksilver on December 25th, 2007 @ 6:35pm CST
It's a fake looking gun to begin with. "Nerfatron" was/is just fine. The colors suited the design IMHO.

The new colors are cool looking, but I don't need it.
Re: First Look at TarakaTomy's Classics Megatron - In G1 Colours! (584614)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on December 25th, 2007 @ 6:36pm CST
Lapse Of Reason wrote:Glad I preorded one :)

How much is it going to be?
Re: First Look at TarakaTomy's Classics Megatron - In G1 Colours! (584620)
Posted by ThunderZap on December 25th, 2007 @ 6:44pm CST
consider bought :grin:

my hasbro megatron shall be call Galvatron (until they release proper galvatron in classic 2.0 that is)
Re: First Look at TarakaTomy's Classics Megatron - In G1 Colours! (584626)
Posted by Nemesis Cyberplex on December 25th, 2007 @ 7:19pm CST
Has been preordered. & that's sayig something considering how tight things have been for me lately. It looks awsome. I liked the other one, but that looks more like he should have been.
Re: First Look at TarakaTomy's Classics Megatron - In G1 Colours! (584641)
Posted by Sunstar on December 25th, 2007 @ 7:59pm CST
That megatron looks MUCH better. I like the colours over the former one and whatnot. I still don't want it, but it does look great.
Re: First Look at TarakaTomy's Classics Megatron - In G1 Colours! (584653)
Posted by shortround on December 25th, 2007 @ 8:24pm CST
Sign me up for that one.
Re: First Look at TarakaTomy's Classics Megatron - In G1 Colours! (584666)
Posted by lordmegatron44 on December 25th, 2007 @ 9:16pm CST
i don't like the look... i like the old version better
Re: First Look at TarakaTomy's Classics Megatron - In G1 Colours! (584702)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on December 25th, 2007 @ 10:19pm CST
It'll be easier to repaint all that red.
Otherwise he does look alot better without the green and purple.
Still gotta do something with the red though :-?
Re: First Look at TarakaTomy's Classics Megatron - In G1 Colours! (584709)
Posted by -Barricade- on December 25th, 2007 @ 10:29pm CST
I'm with the people who said no thanks.
Its robot mode is kinda ok, but the gun looks like a super soaker...
Re: First Look at TarakaTomy's Classics Megatron - In G1 Colours! (584724)
Posted by Nemesis Cyberplex on December 25th, 2007 @ 10:54pm CST
-Barricade- wrote:I'm with the people who said no thanks.
Its robot mode is kinda ok, but the gun looks like a super soaker...
Nerf N-strike Maverick, actually.

http://www.16bit.com/toypics/tfclassics ... p-full.jpg
Re: First Look at TarakaTomy's Classics Megatron - In G1 Colours! (584727)
Posted by Auto Bot on December 25th, 2007 @ 10:58pm CST
I'm not impressed. Many customs jobs looks way better than this one. This one looks like a KO toy.

The robot is quite acceptable. But not good enough. Looks cheap. Hasbro's purple-grey combination looks better.

The gun mode is a big no-no. It doesn't know what it wants to be. A real gun replica? Not good. An imaginative toy gun? Not good either.

At least Hasbro's purple gun is no pretender. It was designed to be what it is. A kiddied toy gun. The color suits it well.

Ending Soon On eBay

Hasbro Transformers Beast Wars Rhinox 10th Anniversary Rhinox Rhino NEW MISB SET - Time Remaining: 4 days 6 hours 58 minutes 32 seconds
SENTINEL PRIME Transformers KRE-O Buildable Set #30687 386pieces 2011 - Time Remaining: 6 days 9 hours 15 minutes 19 seconds
MEGATRON Transformers KRE-O Buildable Set #30688 310pieces 2011 - Time Remaining: 6 days 9 hours 32 minutes 18 seconds
SDCC Comic Con Transformers Combiner Wars Exclusive Devastator Hasbro EXCLUSIVE - Time Remaining: 7 days 3 hours 49 minutes 6 seconds
Hasbro 2005 TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS RATTRAP 10TH ANNIVERSARY FIGURE SET - Time Remaining: 4 days 7 hours 4 minutes 11 seconds
TRANSFORMERS ARMADA HOT SHOT MINT 100% Comp. 2003 - Time Remaining: 5 days 20 hours 36 minutes 14 seconds
Astrotrain - 1985 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers Action Figure Space Shuttle - Time Remaining: 5 days 11 hours 51 minutes 28 seconds
SDCC Comic Con Kre-O Transformers Cybertron High Kreon Class of 1985 Hasbro - Time Remaining: 5 days 9 hours 54 minutes 11 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #160 - Grappling with Memory