First Look at Transformers 2015 Cartoon Optimus Prime

Transformers News: First Look at Transformers 2015 Cartoon Optimus Prime

Wednesday, March 26th, 2014 5:34PM CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 48,748

Earlier this month we got our first look at Bumblebee from the new Transformers cartoon scheduled to hit the air in 2015. Now thanks to Kids TV magazine we get another look at Bumblebee and Optimus Prime's new design! Check out the new image below. The new series is set to air in the Spring of 2015.

Transformers News: Re: New Transformers TV Series Debuting in 2015 - First Look at Bumblebee

Credit(s): Kids TV
Re: First Look at Transformers 2015 Cartoon Optimus Prime (1560445)
Posted by VirusCarnage on March 26th, 2014 @ 5:36pm CDT
I like that Optimus
Re: First Look at Transformers 2015 Cartoon Optimus Prime (1560448)
Posted by The Thuggernaut on March 26th, 2014 @ 5:39pm CDT
viruscarnage wrote:I like that Optimus

So do I, but since he's faded I suspect he might be a memory, or maybe even optimus's ghost. I can see how they might try to revive optimus.
Re: First Look at Transformers 2015 Cartoon Optimus Prime (1560450)
Posted by Grimlock64 on March 26th, 2014 @ 5:41pm CDT
Re: First Look at Transformers 2015 Cartoon Optimus Prime (1560451)
Posted by VirusCarnage on March 26th, 2014 @ 5:43pm CDT
The Thuggernaut wrote:
viruscarnage wrote:I like that Optimus

I barely noticed that he was faded, I assumed that the magazine was designed that way.
Re: First Look at Transformers 2015 Cartoon Optimus Prime (1560452)
Posted by The Thuggernaut on March 26th, 2014 @ 5:45pm CDT
Grimlock64 wrote:What if Optimus plays Obi-Wan here and shows up as a ghost to guide Bumblebee now and then? I'd be okay with that.

Yea that would be cool! It would also be good news for those wanting Peter Cullen as Optimus in the cartoon :grin:
Re: First Look at Transformers 2015 Cartoon Optimus Prime (1560453)
Posted by ishigoto on March 26th, 2014 @ 5:47pm CDT
The...dat background it looks...CYBERTRONIAN?! A CARTOON THAT TAKES PLACE ENTIRELY ON CYBERTRON? I THINK I'M HYPERVENTILATING. ALL OF MY YES.
Re: First Look at Transformers 2015 Cartoon Optimus Prime (1560454)
Posted by VirusCarnage on March 26th, 2014 @ 5:47pm CDT
The Thuggernaut wrote:

I would have to think that Peter Cullen is a must have for Optimus now.
Re: First Look at Transformers 2015 Cartoon Optimus Prime (1560455)
Posted by ishigoto on March 26th, 2014 @ 5:49pm CDT
I think if that's so, I wonder if this just might be an IDW situation, Optimus is gone, now Bee and the gang must try and bring order back to a war ravaged Cybertron after the Autobot victory...then again they might try something new.
Re: First Look at Transformers 2015 Cartoon Optimus Prime (1560457)
Posted by WildcatOn3 on March 26th, 2014 @ 5:50pm CDT
Ghostimus Prime?
Re: First Look at Transformers 2015 Cartoon Optimus Prime (1560461)
Posted by CR71Autobot on March 26th, 2014 @ 5:52pm CDT
But... [spoiler]Prime is dead...[/spoiler]
Re: First Look at Transformers 2015 Cartoon Optimus Prime (1560464)
Posted by durroth on March 26th, 2014 @ 5:53pm CDT
optimus does not look amused
Re: First Look at Transformers 2015 Cartoon Optimus Prime (1560466)
Posted by El Duque on March 26th, 2014 @ 5:55pm CDT
You guys are crazy if you think they're not going to bring Prime back to life. Besides if he were a ghost why would he have a new design?
Re: First Look at Transformers 2015 Cartoon Optimus Prime (1560467)
Posted by VirusCarnage on March 26th, 2014 @ 5:57pm CDT
CR71Autobot wrote:But... [spoiler]Prime is dead...[/spoiler]

He'll be back, you can put money on that.
Re: First Look at Transformers 2015 Cartoon Optimus Prime (1560468)
Posted by Autobot032 on March 26th, 2014 @ 5:58pm CDT
A TF version of "The Search For Spock", I'm calling it now.
Re: First Look at Transformers 2015 Cartoon Optimus Prime (1560470)
Posted by Optimizzy on March 26th, 2014 @ 6:11pm CDT
I just read the posts on another site about this. It diverted into some unintentional hilarity.

I like the looks of this, but I'm also burned out on the Prime look. I liked it ok, but i'd like to see something that takes advantage of the aligned art used for the pop-up book.
Re: First Look at Transformers 2015 Cartoon Optimus Prime (1560471)
Posted by hinomars19 on March 26th, 2014 @ 6:19pm CDT
Please don't lynch me about the comparisons, but:

If they are going with the simplified, stylized cartoon look, why not just get Derrick J. Wyatt back? At least his art has charm.

It all still looks as flat as hell....reeeaaaalllly hoping it's not bad flash animation.

On the flip side...I see potential for cool optimus toy :D
Re: First Look at Transformers 2015 Cartoon Optimus Prime (1560473)
Posted by SlyTF1 on March 26th, 2014 @ 6:25pm CDT
Now, Optimus looks badass. As do the buildings in the background.
Re: First Look at Transformers 2015 Cartoon Optimus Prime (1560474)
Posted by Optimizzy on March 26th, 2014 @ 6:29pm CDT
What I really want is an all-ecompasing perfect Prime toy to represent my ultimate version of Prime. The not-optimus Orion almost did that, but it just fell flat to me. WFC Prime is next but not quite. I was hoping the new show would be based on the aligned revelations book and I would dig that one. I don't like the tiny waist. As it is, I'm not interested in another Prime ...er...Prime.
Re: First Look at Transformers 2015 Cartoon Optimus Prime (1560477)
Posted by Spleenzorio on March 26th, 2014 @ 6:42pm CDT
I dunno if anyone's mentioned this, but Bumblebee's face kinda resemble's Prime's. Will we finally see all this love for our yellow friend culminate into him becoming a Prime? :O
Re: First Look at Transformers 2015 Cartoon Optimus Prime (1560479)
Posted by Samsonator on March 26th, 2014 @ 6:45pm CDT
While it's clearly just a coloured design sketch (note the sketch lines especially around the shoulders that have yet to be cleaned up) the design is definitely interesting, and I think it looks pretty damn cool. I'm guessing that, as with the Bumblebee design, it's "not the final product" or whatever they said, but hey. I'm liking what I see so far. As for the fading, I'm guessing less "Ghost Prime" and more "attempting to hide areas of the sketch that are incomplete"

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Encore Takara Tomy TFE-06 Autobot Ratchet Original 4904810792406 - Time Remaining: 5 days 15 hours 36 minutes 23 seconds
D1082612 JETFIRE AIR GUARDIAN TRANSFORMERS G1 MIB STYLE 100% COMPLETE AUTOBOT - Time Remaining: 6 days 44 minutes 48 seconds
Transformers Hasbro Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Grimlock Platinum Edition - Time Remaining: 7 days 10 hours 45 minutes 31 seconds
Transformers Animated Supreme Class Roll Out Command Optimus Prime New 12 Inch - Time Remaining: 5 days 12 hours 18 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers Hftd DESERT RUINS BRAWL Hasbro Hunt For The Decepticon BRAWL JOLT - Time Remaining: 20 days 21 hours 34 minutes 2 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Robots In Disguise RID Voyager Starscream Original New - Time Remaining: 3 days 6 hours 50 minutes 12 seconds
1985 Transformers G1 Hoist 100% Complete 2 - Time Remaining: 6 days 50 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers Hasbro Leader Class Optimus Prime Grimlock Platinum Edition - Time Remaining: 7 days 10 hours 51 minutes 28 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #160 - Grappling with Memory