First Look at "Transformers 4" Robot Face

Transformers News: First Look at "Transformers 4" Robot Face

Friday, August 2nd, 2013 3:18PM CDT

Category: Movie News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 38,230

Thanks to Hot Fudge Detroit we have our first look at one of the new Transformer faces from the upcoming "Transformers 4", which is currently filming in Detroit. It's not the best image, it's one of the placeholder type faces that are affixed atop of tall poles to give the actors points of reference while filming. The character appears to have a beard and pipe, and seems to resemble Transformers: Dark of the Moon's Leadfoot, who was seen on location in vehicle mode back in June, or it could be a new character all together.

First Look at "Transformers 4" Face

First Look at "Transformers 4" Face

First Look at "Transformers 4" Face
Credit(s): Hot Fudge Detroit
Re: First Look at "Transformers 4" Robot Face (1508676)
Posted by Red 50 on August 2nd, 2013 @ 3:34pm CDT
Um, not quite sure which way I'm supposed to look at this face...

Frankly I'm not seeing a lot of Leadfoot here. Reminds me of a bearded old-man-ish Bulkhead with a pipe.
Re: First Look at "Transformers 4" Robot Face (1508678)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on August 2nd, 2013 @ 3:36pm CDT
Re: First Look at "Transformers 4" Robot Face (1508679)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on August 2nd, 2013 @ 3:36pm CDT
Maybe Hound?
Re: First Look at "Transformers 4" Robot Face (1508680)
Posted by Burn on August 2nd, 2013 @ 3:40pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:Barely looks robotic at all. Isn't it bad enough that theres tons of human screen time in these movies? Now the robots have to look even less like robots and more like the humans.

It's a place holder. It doesn't necessarily mean the final look.

People really need to dial back the negativity in this sub-forum.
Re: First Look at "Transformers 4" Robot Face (1508683)
Posted by El Duque on August 2nd, 2013 @ 3:43pm CDT
To me it looks like Leadfoot with a grown out beard, which I guess Transformers can do in the Movie universe since several characters in the past have had "hair" and "facial hair". [shrugs]

Re: First Look at "Transformers 4" Robot Face (1508684)
Posted by Burn on August 2nd, 2013 @ 3:46pm CDT
I was thinking Mr T actually. :lol:
Re: First Look at "Transformers 4" Robot Face (1508685)
Posted by njb902 on August 2nd, 2013 @ 3:48pm CDT
Looks like Paul Bunyan.
Re: First Look at "Transformers 4" Robot Face (1508688)
Posted by skidflap on August 2nd, 2013 @ 3:55pm CDT
A robot with a pipe sounds awesome. Reminds me of Kup and his Cy-gar. :WRECKERS:

the only question is who does this mug belong to? :???: :???:
Re: First Look at "Transformers 4" Robot Face (1508690)
Posted by NovaSentinel on August 2nd, 2013 @ 4:08pm CDT
He looks like a deep sea trawlerman :lol:

Meh, I don't like the beard, too human-like. I think Jetfire and Leadfoot's facial features were about as hairy as they should've got, but this is too far I think.

Hound is the most likely, given what alt modes we have seen. There is of course the possibility that this could be an all CG character, such as Vector Prime? I notice that there is a distinct lack of green on this head if it is Hound, but then again, its only a concept sketch.

But wait, could it be...

BRIAN BLESSED PRIME! :DANCE:

EDIT: Is that a Mohawk? :???:
Re: First Look at "Transformers 4" Robot Face (1508696)
Posted by sixshot20 on August 2nd, 2013 @ 4:29pm CDT
I hope it is Leadfoot and not a new character because I am not crazy about how it looks and I know its just a mockup.
Re: First Look at "Transformers 4" Robot Face (1508697)
Posted by Noideaforaname on August 2nd, 2013 @ 4:30pm CDT

NovaSentinel wrote:EDIT: Is that a Mohawk? :???:

Looks like a saw blade. Which could mean he turns into some construction-related thing... or took a saw blade to the head at some point.
Re: First Look at "Transformers 4" Robot Face (1508699)
Posted by craggy on August 2nd, 2013 @ 4:44pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:Kinda too human for my tastes, but at the same time he looks quite characterful.

NovaSentinel wrote:EDIT: Is that a Mohawk? :???:

Re: First Look at "Transformers 4" Robot Face (1508702)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on August 2nd, 2013 @ 4:53pm CDT

Your judging it based on a blurry photo that isn't even a final rendering. How about you wait until you see a final version instead of a card board cut out before passing judgment?

Anyhow, most TF faces from nearly every generation has had faces that resembled humans than robots. So I don't see why its such a big deal now.
Re: First Look at "Transformers 4" Robot Face (1508703)
Posted by Deathscythetransform on August 2nd, 2013 @ 4:58pm CDT
I hate it :-x

I utterly hate this :-x :-x :-x

I just wont undertand why transformers should have hair, should spit or bleed! #-o #-o #-o

even in the cartoons, I tought it was a silly idea and hated the junkions because of their beards and mustaches :BANG_HEAD:
Re: First Look at "Transformers 4" Robot Face (1508705)
Posted by Jack Hallows on August 2nd, 2013 @ 5:05pm CDT
i pray to primus that that's kup. even if it doesn't look like kup. they can't defile his legend by giving another bot his signature or cygar!
Re: First Look at "Transformers 4" Robot Face (1508709)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on August 2nd, 2013 @ 5:30pm CDT
5150 Cruiser wrote:

Burn wrote:
It's a place holder. It doesn't necessarily mean the final look.
People really need to dial back the negativity in this sub-forum.

Both of you need to stop getting so butt hurt everytime someone has an opinion that so happens to offend the movie. MY OPINION IS THAT THE FACE LOOKS TOO HUMAN, STOP OVER GENERALIZING COMMENTS AND ATTACKING FELLOW FORUM MEMBERS.
Re: First Look at "Transformers 4" Robot Face (1508710)
Posted by Wasp-shot23 on August 2nd, 2013 @ 5:38pm CDT
Re: First Look at "Transformers 4" Robot Face (1508711)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on August 2nd, 2013 @ 5:49pm CDT
looks like more of the same to me
Re: First Look at "Transformers 4" Robot Face (1508715)
Posted by dedcat on August 2nd, 2013 @ 6:00pm CDT
It's ugly, makes little sense and I'm not having a good time looking at it.

Yup, I's from bay.
Re: First Look at "Transformers 4" Robot Face (1508718)
Posted by Noideaforaname on August 2nd, 2013 @ 6:09pm CDT
craggy wrote:or it might just be that the saw blade is part of the set dressing, since it's a different colour and not part of the picture on the stick?

Also possible.