First Look at Transformers Club Exclusive Topspin

Transformers News: First Look at Transformers Club Exclusive Topspin

Thursday, January 10th, 2008 8:14PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Skowl   Views: 32,332

The Official Transformers Collector's Club has been updated with our first look at the 2008 club exclusive figure Topspin, a repaint of the Energon Blackout/Stormcloud mold.

Here is TOPSPIN - the 2008 Transformers Collectors' Club FREE Membership Figure!
This is the FOURTH figure in the five figure Club Combiner series. Any Transformers Club member who's membership
is active by March 16, 2008 will receive this figure FREE in the late spring/early summer. If you join after that deadline,
you will be eligible for the 2009 figure and you may also purchase the previous four figures from the Transformers Club store.

See the photo of the figure by clicking here
Credit(s): Transformersclub.com
Re: First Look at Transformers Club Exclusive Topspin (600349)
Posted by Flux Convoy on January 10th, 2008 @ 8:21pm CST
Looks nice.
:BOT:
Re: First Look at Transformers Club Exclusive Topspin (600356)
Posted by Talous on January 10th, 2008 @ 8:27pm CST
Not bad, almost hard to believe were 4 years into this set already.
Re: First Look at Transformers Club Exclusive Topspin (600357)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on January 10th, 2008 @ 8:33pm CST
The Energon choppers where pretty fun.

Glad I got them all the Combaticons(?) the first time around, it's the only Energon combiner set that I completed.
Re: First Look at Transformers Club Exclusive Topspin (600383)
Posted by thedistinctroom on January 10th, 2008 @ 8:56pm CST
This is Topspin? And he's a Decepticon? Hmmmm. Nice colors.
Re: First Look at Transformers Club Exclusive Topspin (600388)
Posted by Nekoman on January 10th, 2008 @ 9:03pm CST
Looks okay but I’m generally not too big on this guys colors, does anyone else think he looks a lot like Energon Quickstrike in those colors?
Re: First Look at Transformers Club Exclusive Topspin (600426)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on January 10th, 2008 @ 10:04pm CST
I still havent gotten last years figure yet. They said they were going to ship it out but its still not here.
Re: First Look at Transformers Club Exclusive Topspin (600438)
Posted by Overcracker on January 10th, 2008 @ 10:25pm CST
Well that's a strange name. He bears absolutely no resemblance to G1 Topspin the Jumpstarter.

Still having both of the Energon repaints of this mold, I have to say, its one of the better combiner limb molds.

I specially like the Purple and Gray Color scheme of Energon Blackout.

I'm still curious as to who the final gestalt is going to be, and who they are going to use as the center piece for it with the new Head they have announced.
I think Barricade would look cool in translucent red.

So we have 2 Planes: Breakaway and Skyfall, a Tank: Landquake, and now a Helicopter: Topspin as the final limb.
Re: First Look at Transformers Club Exclusive Topspin (600449)
Posted by Nemesis Cyberplex on January 10th, 2008 @ 10:36pm CST
*reads fine print*

Oh good....from all these prototypes & such I was starting to fear he wouldn't be transparent. Glad to hear he will be.
Re: First Look at Transformers Club Exclusive Topspin (600466)
Posted by TheMuffin on January 10th, 2008 @ 10:59pm CST
I said it 2 months after I joined here and I'll say it once more. This collectors club and it's "perks" are still the biggest waste of money ever to be introduced to Transformers fans. In my opinion of course.
Re: First Look at Transformers Club Exclusive Topspin (600486)
Posted by Flux Convoy on January 10th, 2008 @ 11:51pm CST
Overcracker wrote:
I think Barricade would look cool in translucent red.

It's already been pretty much confirmed from images in the club comic that it is going to be Barricades body. What the resculpted head will look like is still anyones guess though.
:BOT:
Re: First Look at Transformers Club Exclusive Topspin (600495)
Posted by shortround on January 11th, 2008 @ 12:12am CST
Wow I'm underwhelmed by the name and the figure.
Re: First Look at Transformers Club Exclusive Topspin (600505)
Posted by zemper on January 11th, 2008 @ 12:30am CST
wheee, Topspin gains articulation at last. :APPLAUSE:

i kinda miss the blues and the spring-loaded action though. :lol: :P

:MAX:
Re: First Look at Transformers Club Exclusive Topspin (600513)
Posted by Autobot032 on January 11th, 2008 @ 12:44am CST
[size=85]"PRODUCT NOT FINAL"

Whew. For a minute there I thought you were just going to do a crappy repaint and use it to entice people out of $40.00 a year for pointlessness.

Oh wait, it *will* be a repaint, but translucent?

GEE WILLIKERS, BOB! WHERE DO I SIGN?! COME ON! THAT'S THE DEAL OF A LIFETIME!

Yeah....

I thought this whole "One per year 'til the set's complete!" mixed and matched combiner crap was ridiculous.

$40.00 a year for a crappy magazine, discounts for BotCon (iirc...) and a translucent repaint of a hard to find figure.

Where the heck do I sign up? I mean really, that's such a great deal, I think I might soil myself.

...bah. Who do they think they are? This is the best they could come up with as a perk for joining the club? Pathetic.

I know some of you out there, enjoy it and use it. (though I can't figure out why. There aren't enough positives to outweigh the CRAP to make it worth it.) However, people enjoy what they enjoy, so far be it from me to deny you your piece of the action.

I still don't get it though...what a craptacular sales pitch.

"Oh nay nay! For $40.00 American (and a disgusting amount more for you international types...), you'll get a translucent repainted figure that some will get and others won't due to our "shipping problems", a magazine that won't be on time for most of you, a discount in our online store which is actual store cost minus taxes (but you'll pay that back and then some in shipping. We're fart smell...smart fellers.) and you'll receive a discount to BotCon, which you still can't afford anyway! Not to mention, exclusive figures you can't get anywhere else, like a repainted and remolded Energon Slugslinger who's now Airrazor. Though you'll pay far, far, far more than what the original mold is worth... How cool is that? Isn't that worth $40.00 a year?"

NO. *cracks 'em in the kneecap*[/size]
Re: First Look at Transformers Club Exclusive Topspin (600585)
Posted by kealthaz on January 11th, 2008 @ 3:51am CST
I thought it was going to be a homage to the G1 jumpstarter topspin :?:
Re: First Look at Transformers Club Exclusive Topspin (600620)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on January 11th, 2008 @ 5:12am CST
A Decepticon with Primes coloring
Re: First Look at Transformers Club Exclusive Topspin (600640)
Posted by Aerrow on January 11th, 2008 @ 5:49am CST
Wheeljack35 wrote:A Decepticon with Primes coloring

Landquake was the same way. The color scheme is nothing new for this line/series of exclusives.

-Aerrow
Re: First Look at Transformers Club Exclusive Topspin (600644)
Posted by Decepticon Spike on January 11th, 2008 @ 5:54am CST
Every time I think about joining the club due to some good looking figures, I see something like this. I don't like it.
Re: First Look at Transformers Club Exclusive Topspin (600693)
Posted by Prime Evil on January 11th, 2008 @ 7:06am CST
Re: First Look at Transformers Club Exclusive Topspin (600700)
Posted by Counterpunch on January 11th, 2008 @ 7:16am CST
Prime Evil wrote:You guys know that this combiner is a Prime right? I thought that was common knowledge.

Right.

It was a Prime broken up for some yet undisclosed reason.

I've said it before, I'll say it again.

The Club is absolutely worth the minimal $40 a year.

I suppose you can't convince everyone and that's fine. The comics, the toy, the shipping for all that included in the price, and then the BotCon discount...you almost break even for what you get. Go to BotCon and you come out ahead in terms of Club costs.

Next year I'm going to have a very cool complete Club combiner. B-) Hard to believe it will have been five years at that point. I'm going to be dead sooner than I thought...
Re: First Look at Transformers Club Exclusive Topspin (600792)
Posted by Predacon Rampage on January 11th, 2008 @ 8:49am CST
Transformers new has been slow lately.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering