First Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl

Transformers News: First Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl

Wednesday, July 17th, 2013 5:58PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 21,355

Thanks to Instagram user starlock we have our first look at Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl from SDCC 2013! We were shown the the gray mold prototype for this figure last month at BotCon during the Hasbro panel, but no photography was allowed. Check him out in full color below!

Our fearless leader Seibertron is on site with camera in hand just waiting to get into the display room. Stay tuned for more images as the night goes on.

Re: Generations Whirl
Credit(s): starlock

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: First Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl (1504003)
Posted by Megazarak on July 17th, 2013 @ 6:24pm CDT
Looks interesting. And I'm sure he'll look even better once better pics start surfacing. Oh man, hopefully they brought Armada Starscream and the others talked about at the Botcon panel along too.
Re: First Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl (1504005)
Posted by Superwheeljack on July 17th, 2013 @ 6:29pm CDT

That thing looks terrible. I know that the figures were mis-transformed at botcon, but this look terrible. The arms are too big and thin. That's the only other Generations Voyager I'm skipping besides Rhinox. Man Hasbro, what are you on
Re: First Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl (1504006)
Posted by Mkall on July 17th, 2013 @ 6:30pm CDT
And SDCC is off to a good start. Let's see what else Hasbro will show us.
Re: First Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl (1504008)
Posted by The Variable on July 17th, 2013 @ 6:36pm CDT
Slightly disappointed that they weren't using the IDW treatment for Whirl's design. I really like the VTOL mode he has there. But a Voyager scale update to the original toy is still full of awesome.
Re: First Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl (1504009)
Posted by sixshot20 on July 17th, 2013 @ 6:39pm CDT
Man bit of a letdown I thought he was going to be like the MTMTE Whirl :-( . He still looks nice as an updated G1 Whirl though.
Re: First Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl (1504012)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on July 17th, 2013 @ 6:45pm CDT
I like it. I hope they do the rest of the Wreckers. If they do, then I won't have to worry about grabbing the Ruination set. This looks like they'll be awesome.
Re: First Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl (1504014)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 17th, 2013 @ 6:52pm CDT
Eh, looks pretty neat. Not sure why, but it reminds me greatly of Rotorstorm. I'm still probably going to pick him up. I'd like to see better, quality, and correctly transformed images before I make a final decision.

So was this taken at SDCC?
Re: First Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl (1504018)
Posted by Sir Soundwave42 on July 17th, 2013 @ 6:56pm CDT
First Springer now Whirl.If they show a new Roadbuster my head will explode :BOOM:
Re: First Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl (1504019)
Posted by sabrigami on July 17th, 2013 @ 7:00pm CDT
wow. This is horribly disappointing. guess when they said he was going to be based off his MTMTE design they just meant the head. guess he would be a winner if people are a fan of his G1 design. Hasbro had such a good streak of comic designs going too. Really not feeling this one. Guess it's back to my custom if I want him to look like he should. :-(
Re: First Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl (1504020)
Posted by UltraPrimal on July 17th, 2013 @ 7:01pm CDT
What the slag is that? This is a voyager? A voyager?! Looks like an upscaled scaled deluxe.

They would have been better off repainting the Tomahawk mold and giving him a new head.
Re: First Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl (1504021)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 17th, 2013 @ 7:04pm CDT
sabrigami wrote:wow. This is horribly disappointing. guess when they said he was going to be based off his MTMTE design they just meant the head. guess he would be a winner if people are a fan of his G1 design.

Plus, back when BotCon was kicking, those in attendance were shown a prototype (among these our news staff), and we (as in those who browse here) were told it looked like the old toy.
Re: First Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl (1504022)
Posted by megatronus on July 17th, 2013 @ 7:07pm CDT
He looks...interesting.

Hopefully we'll get some clearer pics soon. Just hope he doesn't have crappy PRID Voyager Magnus-style shoulders that wear down too quickly by virtue of being on a loose, single ball joint.
Re: First Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl (1504024)
Posted by sdn1337 on July 17th, 2013 @ 7:13pm CDT
I want this. I am definitely copping Whirl and Rhinox!
Re: First Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl (1504025)
Posted by Down_Shift on July 17th, 2013 @ 7:13pm CDT
Meh, it's nothing special. I think the Botcon reports were a bit off from what we are actually seeing.
Re: First Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl (1504026)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 17th, 2013 @ 7:14pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Didn't Hasbro say that they were going for a more Generation One toy look than his MTMTE look?

Yup, but it doesn't change the fact that it's weird that they're making all these IDW-inspired toys, and Whirl's inclusion is undoubtedly due to the comics, but for some reason they're basically copying the original toy but with added articulation.
Re: First Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl (1504029)
Posted by sabrigami on July 17th, 2013 @ 7:15pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

every bit of news I saw mentioned his MTMTE design. I never read any posts about people seeing the prototype either. everything I saw mentioning him was people saying that they wanted to see the prototype. I would thing someone would have posted about it somewhere. I pay attention to both this site and a couple others and I really can't see how I could of missed that part completely but I guess I did :-?
Re: First Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl (1504030)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 17th, 2013 @ 7:18pm CDT
sabrigami wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

Yeah, you missed the initial tease. Here's a quote from what Seibertron jotted down:

[quote]Whirl (showed us sketch dated Oct 2012), then showed us design and grey model photos, has Gerwalk mode?, looks very cool, very reminiscent of G1 toy, comes with new sticker sheet [/quote]

Full list is here.
Re: First Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl (1504032)
Posted by sabrigami on July 17th, 2013 @ 7:26pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

Full list is here.[/quote]

Re: First Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl (1504033)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on July 17th, 2013 @ 7:32pm CDT
freakin epic. he would be even better if he was transformed right.
Re: First Look at Transformers Generations Voyager Whirl (1504035)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 17th, 2013 @ 7:34pm CDT
sabrigami wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

Full list is here.

Well, at this point the only good thing to me about this design is the potential for a Rotorstorm repaint.[/quote]

I'll take either Rotorstorm with a new head and hands or a Decepticon helicopter, Spinister or someone like that.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers BTS 01b Black Optimus Prime Classics Generations - Time Remaining: 3 days 15 hours 35 minutes 37 seconds
Transformers BTS 01 Clear Optimus Prime Classics Generations Fansproject - Time Remaining: 3 days 15 hours 37 minutes 6 seconds
Transformers G1 Lot Vintasge complete Soundwave Figure Only 80s Toys! - Time Remaining: 3 days 2 hours 38 minutes 16 seconds
Transformers Hftd IRONHIDE Complete Hasbro Deluxe Figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 20 hours 56 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers Bot Shot Series 1  Autobot Jazz & Autobot Topspin Lot of 2 New - Time Remaining: 4 days 1 hour 45 minutes 23 seconds
Transformers Action Figure Deluxe RID Robot in Disguise Hightower MOSC new - Time Remaining: 3 days 11 hours 18 minutes 4 seconds
Tarantulas Transformers Collector's Club Exclusive Action Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 20 hours 18 minutes 48 seconds
JetFire Transformers G1 1984 w box-Hasbro Autobot Air Guardian JETFIRE - Time Remaining: 3 days 3 hours 50 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive