Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: First Look: Kre-O Sentinel Prime - Out of Package Optimus Prime, Megatron and Starscream

Sunday, May 29th, 2011 8:20PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 42,188

We have some more Kre-O news coming your way today. Select 2 Gether social interaction site has posted our first look at Kre-O Sentinel Prime. They also have out of package robot mode images of Optimus Prime, Megatron and Starscream. You can check out the listing here, or click the images mirrored below.

Sentinel Prime

Build your favorite TRANSFORMERS hero, SENTINEL PRIME, in vehicle or robot mode with this 2-in-1 set of 386 KRE-O construction pieces!. Includes 4 KREONS: SENTINEL PRIME, SOUNDWAVE, THUNDERCRACKER and Fire Chief!. 2-in-1 KRE-O construction set lets you bu

Optimus Prime

Set includes 542 KRE-O pieces, 2 motorcycles, orange traffic cones, decorative decals and 5 KREONS: OPTIMUS PRIME, SKYWARP, BLUESTREAK and 2 Stunt Drivers. Build the ultimate AUTOBOT hero, OPTIMUS PRIME, in vehicle, robot or battle station mode with this

Megatron

Build the ultimate DECEPTICON villain, MEGATRON, in vehicle or robot mode with this 2-in-1 set of 310 KRE-O construction pieces!. Includes 4 KREONS: MEGATRON, SHOCKWAVE, Specialist and Police!. 2-in-1 KRE-O construction set lets you build MEGATRON in eith

Starscream

Build your favorite TRANSFORMERS villain, STARSCREAM, in vehicle or robot mode with this 2-in-1 set of 316 KRE-O construction pieces!. Includes 2 KREONS: STARSCREAM and Pilot!. 2-in-1 KRE-O construction set lets you build STARSCREAM in either fighter jet
Credit(s): Select 2 Gether
Re: First Look: Kre-O Sentinel Prime - Out of Package Optimus Prime, Megatron and Starscream (1230505)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 29th, 2011 @ 8:48pm CDT
*cries*

These are just awful. Sideswipe is the only one with real potential.
Re: First Look: Kre-O Sentinel Prime - Out of Package Optimus Prime, Megatron and Starscream (1230506)
Posted by Tekka on May 29th, 2011 @ 8:50pm CDT
Dammit, just the main sets... How much longer must I wait before I get to see the Skywarp Kreon!
Re: First Look: Kre-O Sentinel Prime - Out of Package Optimus Prime, Megatron and Starscream (1230517)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on May 29th, 2011 @ 9:17pm CDT
out of all the ones we've seen so far only Prime & Mirage look somewhat decent the rest just look like half assed attempts at legos that failed horribly.
Re: First Look: Kre-O Sentinel Prime - Out of Package Optimus Prime, Megatron and Starscream (1230519)
Posted by Manterax Prime on May 29th, 2011 @ 9:19pm CDT
@ Autobot032: Look at it this way, they actually have articulation unlike the BTR sets. I think they're much better than those sorry excuses for bricks.
Re: First Look: Kre-O Sentinel Prime - Out of Package Optimus Prime, Megatron and Starscream (1230530)
Posted by NemesisMonkeySupreme on May 29th, 2011 @ 9:55pm CDT
I'm not in to these, but at least they gave them decent-looking heads. Sentinel Prime's, Optimus Prime's, Megatron's, Starscream's. Even with connecting blocks, Bayverse bodies with "real TF" heads makes a big difference. Hasbro should take note.
Re: First Look: Kre-O Sentinel Prime - Out of Package Optimus Prime, Megatron and Starscream (1230535)
Posted by Flux Convoy on May 29th, 2011 @ 10:21pm CDT
NemesisMonkeySupreme wrote: Hasbro should take note.

Of what? These ARE Hasbro product.
:BOT:
Re: First Look: Kre-O Sentinel Prime - Out of Package Optimus Prime, Megatron and Starscream (1230537)
Posted by billprestonesquire on May 29th, 2011 @ 10:31pm CDT
i just want the mini-figures!
Re: First Look: Kre-O Sentinel Prime - Out of Package Optimus Prime, Megatron and Starscream (1230544)
Posted by NemesisMonkeySupreme on May 29th, 2011 @ 10:51pm CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:
NemesisMonkeySupreme wrote: Hasbro should take note.

Of what? These ARE Hasbro product.
:BOT:

Losing the craptastic Bayverse bug-heads on the rest of their line, or at least give us exchangeable heads… Especialy for Sentinel Prime. That movie head is awful.
Re: First Look: Kre-O Sentinel Prime - Out of Package Optimus Prime, Megatron and Starscream (1230578)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on May 30th, 2011 @ 2:24am CDT
Wow megatron looks horrible...Why is he black o.o!? And what's up with that horrible head...

Sentinel's body look too wide and weird >.>...And the head looks like a G1 head o.O...
Re: First Look: Kre-O Sentinel Prime - Out of Package Optimus Prime, Megatron and Starscream (1230618)
Posted by Mykltron on May 30th, 2011 @ 5:27am CDT
That's the best DotM Prime yet.
Re: First Look: Kre-O Sentinel Prime - Out of Package Optimus Prime, Megatron and Starscream (1230627)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on May 30th, 2011 @ 5:44am CDT
Mykltron wrote:That's the best DotM Prime yet.

As much as it hurts me to admit that a Lego Transformers that cant even transform can beat a Voyager class...What you said is 100% true XD ! In fact I plan on buying him for my first Kre-O :D.

But then again that might be because the Voyager mold and the Ultimate mold looks like crap :SICK: :oops:
Re: First Look: Kre-O Sentinel Prime - Out of Package Optimus Prime, Megatron and Starscream (1230629)
Posted by craggy on May 30th, 2011 @ 5:46am CDT
Mykltron wrote:That's the best DotM Prime yet.

you've gotta be kidding! He's a "brick". ;)
Re: First Look: Kre-O Sentinel Prime - Out of Package Optimus Prime, Megatron and Starscream (1230632)
Posted by Tekka on May 30th, 2011 @ 5:50am CDT
Re: First Look: Kre-O Sentinel Prime - Out of Package Optimus Prime, Megatron and Starscream (1230648)
Posted by prowl123 on May 30th, 2011 @ 7:08am CDT
Wow.

These all look so... bad.

Especially Starscream. His porportions are way off.
Re: First Look: Kre-O Sentinel Prime - Out of Package Optimus Prime, Megatron and Starscream (1230654)
Posted by Flux Convoy on May 30th, 2011 @ 7:45am CDT
NemesisMonkeySupreme wrote:
Flux Convoy wrote:
NemesisMonkeySupreme wrote: Hasbro should take note.

Of what? These ARE Hasbro product.
:BOT:

So Hasbro should take note of something they're already applying to these toys and then apply it to these toys? I'm missing something.
:BOT:
Re: First Look: Kre-O Sentinel Prime - Out of Package Optimus Prime, Megatron and Starscream (1230735)
Posted by Kibble on May 30th, 2011 @ 12:01pm CDT
Prime looks okay for not-Legos...although, isn't it ironic Hasbro is '3rd Partying' Legos? Wait, I forgot...it's okay for Hasbro to borrow from other people's ideas, it's just not okay for FP and the like to do it. THEN it's IP infringement!
Re: First Look: Kre-O Sentinel Prime - Out of Package Optimus Prime, Megatron and Starscream (1230759)
Posted by NemesisMonkeySupreme on May 30th, 2011 @ 12:56pm CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:
NemesisMonkeySupreme wrote:
Flux Convoy wrote:
NemesisMonkeySupreme wrote: Hasbro should take note.

Of what? These ARE Hasbro product.
:BOT:

:BOT:

Yes, obviously you are.

You can't apply a lesson to the same lesson. The inferred lesson is to be applied to the line of toys with the (subjectively seen) crappy heads. Sigh. :BANG_HEAD:

Perhaps a clearer statement, since logical steps aren't working:

Tekka wrote:It's the classic head that makes a world of difference for me. I'm not even sure how I would describe Movie Prime's head... Whatever it is, I don't particularly like it.
Re: First Look: Kre-O Sentinel Prime - Out of Package Optimus Prime, Megatron and Starscream (1230762)
Posted by NemesisMonkeySupreme on May 30th, 2011 @ 1:07pm CDT

Re: First Look: Kre-O Sentinel Prime - Out of Package Optimus Prime, Megatron and Starscream (1230851)
Posted by Flux Convoy on May 30th, 2011 @ 5:48pm CDT
NemesisMonkeySupreme wrote:Makes me wish every Movie-line figure came with an exchangeable G1/Classic-style head. I know I'd buy waaaaay more Movie figures that way (so, sadly, it's probably better for me that they don't).

Had you said this in the first place, there wouldn't have been any confusion. Instead, you try to make me out to be an idiot over your poorly worded post. Perfectly reasonable logic there. Also, if you're really complaining about the movie aesthetic at this point, you're a little late to that party. We're three movies in. Complaining about it obviously has done nothing to change the direction that part of the franchise is going in. Really, why would G1 heads make any sense with the rest of the body anyway? It's a poor fit. Well, that and we're looking at Transformers Legos that basically have nothing to do with anything prior.
:BOT:
Re: First Look: Kre-O Sentinel Prime - Out of Package Optimus Prime, Megatron and Starscream (1230973)
Posted by NemesisMonkeySupreme on May 31st, 2011 @ 12:36am CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:

:BOT:

I'll give you that. Things are often clearer in my head because all the background is there and not in my words.

But in regards to it (movie styling) being no reason to complain three movies in because it hasn't had any affect so far… If that held true these boards would be pretty sparse, though possibly more interesting. Can't help but think though, not that scale of importance is even possible, whether you agree politically or not the fact is Egyptians and Libyans complained for 30-40 years and it might finally make a difference. ;)

Peace.
And sorry for being a jerk, Michael Bay does that to me. Often.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism