Transformers News: First Looks at Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-33 Darkest Megatron & AM-34 Jet Vehicon General

Tuesday, January 22nd, 2013 8:11PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 25,394

You know the drill, around this time every month new Japanese hobby magazine scans start to make the rounds, which are followed by the full versions a few days down the road. This month is no different, but these first look scans bring us our first real images of Takara Tomy's Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-33 Darkest Megatron and AM-34 Jet Vehicon General! As many have speculated these versions have been repainted to match the last episodes of Transformers Prime Season 2. Megatron features a repainted right arm resembling the transplanted Prime arm he used to wield the forge of Solus Prime. He also comes packed a redco of the Dark Matter Calibur Arms Microns. Jet Vehicon General features a silver deco seen in the final episode of Season 2. Check out the image below.

First Looks at Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-33 Darkest Megatron & Jet General

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: First Looks at Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-33 Darkest Megatron & AM-34 Jet Vehicon General (1457190)
Posted by RAcast on January 22nd, 2013 @ 8:34pm CST
DMC v.2 looks pretty great, it's nice that it's one consistent color. No interest in Darkest Megatron personally, but it's nice that they made it! As for JVG? OHHH man, that looks amazing. I can't wait for some clearer pictures, I mayyy have to break down and finally get a Takara mold for myself. :lol:
Re: First Looks at Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-33 Darkest Megatron & AM-34 Jet Vehicon General (1457194)
Posted by mooncake623 on January 22nd, 2013 @ 9:07pm CST
Oh man... time to troop build these Jets again? Decisions..
Re: First Looks at Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-33 Darkest Megatron & AM-34 Jet Vehicon General (1457198)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 22nd, 2013 @ 9:23pm CST
And I thought I had my AM list all set out in stone.

Oh well. Thank you for giving us Prime-Arm Megatron and Starscream's Armada, Takara. :KREMZEEK:
Re: First Looks at Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-33 Darkest Megatron & AM-34 Jet Vehicon General (1457199)
Posted by Henry921 on January 22nd, 2013 @ 9:23pm CST

It looks a little too "off white" for me. I was hoping it'd be more silver.

I preordered one. Unless some better shots turn up in the next sample, I think I'll stay at one.
Re: First Looks at Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-33 Darkest Megatron & AM-34 Jet Vehicon General (1457201)
Posted by RAcast on January 22nd, 2013 @ 9:27pm CST
Henry921 wrote:It's hard to tell from the quality, but it looks like the Jet General had a leg retool, maybe actually locking in place?

It looks a little too "off white" for me. I was hoping it'd be more silver.

I suspect that's the lighting in the picture. I'd bet that it'll be pure Takara white plastic.
Re: First Looks at Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-33 Darkest Megatron & AM-34 Jet Vehicon General (1457216)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on January 22nd, 2013 @ 10:28pm CST
Re: First Looks at Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-33 Darkest Megatron & AM-34 Jet Vehicon General (1457217)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 22nd, 2013 @ 10:30pm CST
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:What's the deal with the white "Jet Vehicon General"? Non-canon repaint, or future BH cannon fodder?

Did you watch the season two finale? They were in the entire second half of it.
Re: First Looks at Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-33 Darkest Megatron & AM-34 Jet Vehicon General (1457218)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on January 22nd, 2013 @ 10:34pm CST
Re: First Looks at Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-33 Darkest Megatron & AM-34 Jet Vehicon General (1457224)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 22nd, 2013 @ 11:04pm CST
AM-33 is apparently named "Final Battle Megatron" and the redecoed Dark Matter Calibur is the "Dark Unicron Saber". :roll:
Re: First Looks at Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-33 Darkest Megatron & AM-34 Jet Vehicon General (1457225)
Posted by rpetras on January 22nd, 2013 @ 11:14pm CST
No need for the Megsy, and I think I'll be content with 1 of the jet generals.

I have vehicons all over the place as it is, one officer to keep the rabble in line should do it :)
Re: First Looks at Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-33 Darkest Megatron & AM-34 Jet Vehicon General (1457233)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on January 23rd, 2013 @ 12:03am CST
PrymeStriker wrote:

Did you watch the season two finale? They were in the entire second half of it.

I did watch the season 2 finale, but strangely I don't recall any white Vehicons. Then again I just watched it once, and it's been at least four months since then.
Re: First Looks at Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-33 Darkest Megatron & AM-34 Jet Vehicon General (1457236)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 23rd, 2013 @ 12:35am CST
They're actually silver. I suspect the scan just makes it look washed out. It looks nice but I'm fine with the black Vehicons I have.
Re: First Looks at Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-33 Darkest Megatron & AM-34 Jet Vehicon General (1457237)
Posted by Manterax Prime on January 23rd, 2013 @ 1:58am CST
PrymeStriker wrote:And I thought I had my AM list all set out in stone.

Megatron w/ a Prime arm? Where? All I see is Megatron with his right arm painted purple and gold stickers slapped onto it.
Re: First Looks at Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-33 Darkest Megatron & AM-34 Jet Vehicon General (1457253)
Posted by Sinnertwin on January 23rd, 2013 @ 4:49am CST
I quite like that Vehicon, Megatron, already have one and I'm content with him
Re: First Looks at Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-33 Darkest Megatron & AM-34 Jet Vehicon General (1457276)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on January 23rd, 2013 @ 7:04am CST
Nemesis Destron wrote:So how many voyager Megatron's does this make vs. voyager Optimus from both Takara and Hasbro? :VEHI:

Depends if you count the AM Editions as a separate version, due to the remolding.

PRID only so far;

Hasbro Voyager Megs (and AM vesrion)
Hasbro DE Megs
AM Darkness Megs
AM Darkest Megs

So 4, possibly 5 depending on your personal preference.

Op weighs in with;

Hasbro Voyager Op (and AM Version)
Hasbro DE Op
TRU AM Battle Shield OP
Asia Op with Unicron two pack

So again, 4 or 5 depending on how you count, personally I only consider the AM's as a separate version when the deco hasn't been touched by Hasbro; i.e AM Terrorcon Bumblebee.

The above list doesn't include FE Molds or anything from Beast Hunters, just PRID, hope that helps :D

Now, will these two new pieces bring with them a new Arms Micron Promotion :-?
Re: First Looks at Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-33 Darkest Megatron & AM-34 Jet Vehicon General (1457287)
Posted by El Duque on January 23rd, 2013 @ 7:56am CST
Hot on the heels of our first looks at Takara Tomy's upcoming Transformers Prime Arms Micron figures AM-33 Final Battle Megatron and AM-34 Jet Vehicon General, we now have official images courtesy of site sponsor TFsource. Check out the images mirrored below and pre-orders yours at the following links:

Japanese Transformers Prime - AM-33 - Darkest Megatron
Japanese Transformers Prime - AM-34 - Jet Vehicon General

Re: First Looks at Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-33 Darkest Megatron & AM-34 Jet Vehicon General (1457291)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on January 23rd, 2013 @ 8:06am CST
The Jet Vehcion looks like a James Bond Car...!
Re: First Looks at Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-33 Darkest Megatron & AM-34 Jet Vehicon General (1457294)
Posted by STngAR on January 23rd, 2013 @ 8:20am CST
Really...not even a repaint just white plastic.... preorder cancel. :MAXIMAL:
Re: First Looks at Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-33 Darkest Megatron & AM-34 Jet Vehicon General (1457295)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on January 23rd, 2013 @ 8:23am CST
that's gotta be the most show accurate Megatron to date, only wish they included an interchangeable normal arm for him so we don't have to display him with the Prime one
Re: First Looks at Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-33 Darkest Megatron & AM-34 Jet Vehicon General (1457297)
Posted by griftimus prime on January 23rd, 2013 @ 8:25am CST
is that a sword or a snowboard? whatever it is. it looks stupid.

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS TAKARA HENKEI G1 GRIMLOCK G-03 JAPAN - Time Remaining: 4 days 18 hours 36 minutes 52 seconds
Universal Studios Transformers The Ride Evac Autobot Mug - Time Remaining: 6 days 16 minutes 48 seconds
Transformers Dark of the Moon DA 14 Jolt Action Figure Takara Tomy - Time Remaining: 5 days 22 hours 38 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers Movie RD-04 Soundwave - Time Remaining: 5 days 4 hours 15 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars Air Raid Action Figure Hasbro - Time Remaining: 6 days 3 hours 48 minutes 31 seconds
Transformers:Dark of the Moon DA08 Sideswipe Action Figure Takara Tomy - Time Remaining: 5 days 22 hours 33 minutes 34 seconds
New TAKARA TOMY Q Transformers QTF QT17 Tracks (Chevrolet Corvette C7) FromJapan - Time Remaining: 6 days 4 hours 7 minutes 7 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-23 Lancia Stratos Turbo Exhaust Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 6 hours 49 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #146 - Happy Accidents