Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More

Transformers News: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking  and More

Wednesday, January 23rd, 2013 2:04PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 37,108

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

The UK Toy Fair is underway, and with it comes our first, albeit blurry, looks at Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and the Ultimate Predaking. Both are said to be larger than Leader Class figures and feature light, sound, and automorph gimmicks. Expect to see a lot more of these guys and more at next months Toy Fair in New York. For now check out the images below mirrored from UK fansite Full Metal Hero.

Additional new from the UK Toy Fair:

  • Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" will see a May release in the UK
  • A five-pack of Cyberverse Class Legion Predicons is on the way
  • Hasbro is aware of the issues surrounding Masterpiece Optimus Prime's UK release, it now rests in the hands of Toys"R"Us
  • They are treating Ultimate Predaking and Dragon Disc Optimus Prime as separate from the rest of the "Beast Hunters" line

First Looks at Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Dragon Disc OP and Predaking

First Looks at Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Dragon Disc OP and Predaking
Credit(s): Full Metal Hero, daimchoc
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457396)
Posted by KirbyForce1 on January 23rd, 2013 @ 2:17pm CST
Still no Megatron figure announced for the Beast Hunters line I see. :(
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457397)
Posted by UltraPrimal on January 23rd, 2013 @ 2:17pm CST
2 blurry pics and I'm already not liking them. I miss the days when bigger = better.
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457398)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 23rd, 2013 @ 2:25pm CST
Yay, blurry. :roll: Well they're looking pretty decent but I don't know if I want something bigger than a Leader. Will have to see how they look with better pictures and how they scale in the show.
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457401)
Posted by StryderPrime on January 23rd, 2013 @ 2:36pm CST
So why prime look like a super deform Providence Gundam painted in his colors?

I see Predaking hands are still form the same way :-/
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457407)
Posted by Burn on January 23rd, 2013 @ 2:54pm CST
StryderPrime wrote:So why prime look like a super deform Providence Gundam painted in his colors?


I was thinking more Star Convoy.

Complete with blocky legs.
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457416)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 23rd, 2013 @ 3:28pm CST
Dragon Disc? Larger than Leaders? I knew it wasn't going to be a Weaponizer. :twisted:

I'll be getting Predaking...right after I see some in-hand photos. He looks mistransformed. Forget Optimus.
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457428)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on January 23rd, 2013 @ 3:55pm CST
So disc shooters seems to be the gimmick we're gonna see more and more as we move forward I guess. So far it's FOC Kickback, BH Wheeljack and now OP. I never did like this type of gimmick...'nuff said! >:oP :VEHI:
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457437)
Posted by Anonymous. on January 23rd, 2013 @ 4:10pm CST
StryderPrime wrote:So why prime look like a super deform Providence Gundam painted in his colors?

I see Predaking hands are still form the same way :-/


Haha yeah all I see is Providence.

It'll be interesting to see if this is the Predaking I want to buy, or the Voyager...
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457441)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 23rd, 2013 @ 4:16pm CST
Erm... no like. Not at all. >:oP

I may be curious about the larger Predaking, but I wasn't planning on getting Predaking from the start. Prime is... God, the Voyager looks so much better. I'll reserve further judgement when we get better, quality images.
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457450)
Posted by RAcast on January 23rd, 2013 @ 4:54pm CST
I'm not even sure what's going on with Prime there, so I'll hold off on saying anything about it. It's probably mistransformed anyway.

Aaaaaand Predaking still has stupid hands. Super. At least this one has the right color scheme. :lol:
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457468)
Posted by BATTOUSAIXD on January 23rd, 2013 @ 5:59pm CST
KirbyForce1 wrote:Still no Megatron figure announced for the Beast Hunters line I see. :(


Yeah, I hope that doesn't mean they're going to kill him off or something...

I'm looking forward to better pics of Predaking!
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457472)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 23rd, 2013 @ 6:08pm CST
BATTOUSAI XD wrote:Yeah, I hope that doesn't mean they're going to kill him off or something...


Or maybe his design doesn't change and therefore wouldn't need a new toy?
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457473)
Posted by YRQRM0 on January 23rd, 2013 @ 6:12pm CST
Looks like Optimus will probably be losing lots of poseability and overall appeal due to gimmicks...again. Though, I feel it safe to say he'll take on this form in the show, after a voyager and whatever-class-this-is class.
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457482)
Posted by Va'al on January 23rd, 2013 @ 7:06pm CST
Yay big Predaking. :D

Let's see what he actually looks like.
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457489)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on January 23rd, 2013 @ 7:30pm CST
Damnit hasbro enough with the gimmicks, we dont want em yet you keep forcing them on us. Gimmicks just ruin figures, its very rare when a gimmick makes them better. But with that aside i still have yet to see any improvement in the beast hunters line, i will wait until theres more info in these but from what has been released and shown in detail so far its a crap line. Are there a few that show promise yes but every line has at least 1 or two good figures, as a whole though it could be a hell of a lot better.
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457495)
Posted by zwann on January 23rd, 2013 @ 7:42pm CST
BATTOUSAI XD wrote:
KirbyForce1 wrote:Still no Megatron figure announced for the Beast Hunters line I see. :(


Yeah, I hope that doesn't mean they're going to kill him off or something...

I'm looking forward to better pics of Predaking!


If Megatron's getting killed, i bet it was bcoz predaking is usurping the decepticons for himself. I always hated these things. Taking control over another hard work. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Like in clone wars, darth maul usurps death watch from pre viszla.
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457497)
Posted by BATTOUSAIXD on January 23rd, 2013 @ 7:59pm CST
PrymeStriker wrote:
BATTOUSAI XD wrote:Yeah, I hope that doesn't mean they're going to kill him off or something...


Or maybe his design doesn't change and therefore wouldn't need a new toy?

I hope you're right, but it seems like they would give Megatron the gimmick just to sell more toys. We'll find out soon enough either way.

zwann wrote:
If Megatron's getting killed, i bet it was bcoz predaking is usurping the decepticons for himself. I always hated these things. Taking control over another hard work. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Like in clone wars, darth maul usurps death watch from pre viszla.

This is what I was thinking could happen, but hope it does not.
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457498)
Posted by Noideaforaname on January 23rd, 2013 @ 8:01pm CST
^ Going by the extended bios on the instructions:
Laserback "kills" Megatron by rigging the derelict spaceship he was exploring to explode; not out of any desire for either Predaking or himself to take Megatron's spot but because Laserback just wants to see the world burn (so to speak).
Granted it's not clear if this applies to the show or not...
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457502)
Posted by BATTOUSAIXD on January 23rd, 2013 @ 8:09pm CST
Noideaforaname wrote:^ Going by the extended bios on the instructions:
Laserback "kills" Megatron by rigging the derelict spaceship he was exploring to explode; not out of any desire for either Predaking or himself to take Megatron's spot but because Laserback just wants to see the world burn (so to speak).
Granted it's not clear if this applies to the show or not...


So Lazerbeak is the Joker? :lol: If Meg's is killed in the show, I hope it's more interesting than that, like in a big, epic battle scene for instance. I don't want to see a DOTM-like death for Megatron ever again!
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457515)
Posted by Sodan-1 on January 23rd, 2013 @ 8:50pm CST
Oh no. Optimus doesn't look particularly good. Very blocky. Will wait for better shots and more info.

Predaking is pretty much bought if only because of its size. It'd have to be really bad for me to not want it.
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457521)
Posted by SaTaN CoNvOy on January 23rd, 2013 @ 9:13pm CST
BATTOUSAI XD wrote:
KirbyForce1 wrote:Still no Megatron figure announced for the Beast Hunters line I see. :(


Yeah, I hope that doesn't mean they're going to kill him off or something...






*ahem* Galvatron. Nuff said. :P
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457574)
Posted by leokearon on January 24th, 2013 @ 1:44am CST
Don't care about the super large/pointless Optimus and Predaking, I wnat to know what's in the Predacon 5 pack
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457578)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on January 24th, 2013 @ 2:34am CST
That prime looks kinda cool. And that predaking is a much bigger improvement over the voyager. So I guess these will be weaponizer priced?

To whoever is attending the UK Toy fair, could you walk to Hasbro's Nerf display and take pictures of everything? Blogs are hinting at something big, but they are not tell.

Damn hasbro. Even if I don't by beast hunters they still find ways to make my money... #-o
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457597)
Posted by freaky777 on January 24th, 2013 @ 5:51am CST
The OP's legs reminds me of DOTM Ultimate OP combined legs.. to blocky and no movement.. This OP's head is really small too.
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457616)
Posted by Wu Jen on January 24th, 2013 @ 9:02am CST
freaky777 wrote:The OP's legs reminds me of DOTM Ultimate OP combined legs.. to blocky and no movement.. This OP's head is really small too.


Armada Super Prime? Energon Super Prime? He's has elements from both. (Just not the GOOD elements!)

I'll wait for clearer pics myself. :grin:
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457663)
Posted by noctorro on January 24th, 2013 @ 1:56pm CST
I bleeding love the new Optimus look. Back to the simple transformation, bulky limbs. And great to see that they'll be very big.

Good times in the future. Now I still hope they make a voyager FOC Optimus / Megatron.
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457667)
Posted by GuyIncognito on January 24th, 2013 @ 2:20pm CST
Hey, we just met these figures,
so call me crazy,
but let's see more pics
before we judge them, maybe?
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457676)
Posted by Burn on January 24th, 2013 @ 2:47pm CST
GuyIncognito wrote:Hey, we just met these figures,
so call me crazy,
but let's see more pics
before we judge them, maybe?


Remember what fandom this is ...
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457700)
Posted by zatara1701 on January 24th, 2013 @ 4:04pm CST
Soooooo, it never ceases to amaze me....In these days and times of 5+ megapixel cameras on phones we still get blurry pictures like these. I appreciate the news and heads-up, but come on, if we are going to post pics, can we at least make sure they are QUALITY ones??

I am willing to accept blurry pics of Bigfoot and the Loch Ness monster but stationary toys??
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457709)
Posted by STngAR on January 24th, 2013 @ 4:29pm CST
I like how Predakings wings look. :MAXIMAL:
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457737)
Posted by EagleBot13 on January 24th, 2013 @ 5:51pm CST
SaTaN CoNvOy wrote:
BATTOUSAI XD wrote:
KirbyForce1 wrote:Still no Megatron figure announced for the Beast Hunters line I see. :(


Yeah, I hope that doesn't mean they're going to kill him off or something...






*ahem* Galvatron. Nuff said. :P


I was thinking the same thing. You cant have transformers without Galvatron.
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457742)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 24th, 2013 @ 6:07pm CST
EagleBot13 wrote:
SaTaN CoNvOy wrote:
BATTOUSAI XD wrote:
KirbyForce1 wrote:Still no Megatron figure announced for the Beast Hunters line I see. :(


Yeah, I hope that doesn't mean they're going to kill him off or something...






*ahem* Galvatron. Nuff said. :P


I was thinking the same thing. You cant have transformers without Galvatron.


Animated did just fine without Galvatron. :???:
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457765)
Posted by RAcast on January 24th, 2013 @ 7:41pm CST
PrymeStriker wrote:
EagleBot13 wrote:
SaTaN CoNvOy wrote:
BATTOUSAI XD wrote:
KirbyForce1 wrote:Still no Megatron figure announced for the Beast Hunters line I see. :(


Yeah, I hope that doesn't mean they're going to kill him off or something...






*ahem* Galvatron. Nuff said. :P


I was thinking the same thing. You cant have transformers without Galvatron.


Animated did just fine without Galvatron. :???:

Animated didn't last long enough. :-(
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457768)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 24th, 2013 @ 7:47pm CST
RAcast wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
EagleBot13 wrote:
SaTaN CoNvOy wrote:
BATTOUSAI XD wrote:
KirbyForce1 wrote:Still no Megatron figure announced for the Beast Hunters line I see. :(


Yeah, I hope that doesn't mean they're going to kill him off or something...






*ahem* Galvatron. Nuff said. :P


I was thinking the same thing. You cant have transformers without Galvatron.


Animated did just fine without Galvatron. :???:

Animated didn't last long enough. :-(


It probably wouldn't have had Galvatron anyway. Megatron was going to turn into a triple changer in the fourth season.

Image

Besides, I didn't want Animated Megatron turning into a psychopathic nutcase like G1 Galvatron, if that would've been the case at all. :SICK:
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457776)
Posted by Arctorro on January 24th, 2013 @ 8:12pm CST
PrymeStriker wrote:It probably wouldn't have had Galvatron anyway. Megatron was going to turn into a triple changer in the fourth season.

Image

Besides, I didn't want Animated Megatron turning into a psychopathic nutcase like G1 Galvatron, if that would've been the case at all. :SICK:

The evil bastards cancelled the show with that planned?!!! He would've been awesome! :BANG_HEAD:
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457786)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 24th, 2013 @ 8:47pm CST
Arctorro wrote:The evil bastards cancelled the show with that planned?!!! He would've been awesome! :BANG_HEAD:


With a Beast Machines inspired head. Damn, I wish there was a fourth season. It might have arisen my interest in the show. :-(

Image

But I digress.


----------------------------------------------


The other reason Megatron's probably not getting another toy for Beast Hunters is that, aside from not changing his model, the line already has a main bad guy to fill his shoes; Predaking. That's their money-making antagonist. They don't need Megatron.
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457790)
Posted by Arctorro on January 24th, 2013 @ 9:09pm CST
PrymeStriker wrote:With a Beast Machines inspired head. Damn, I wish there was a fourth season. It might have arisen my interest in the show. :-(


But I digress.

Thanks for the image, would've been great...
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457793)
Posted by RAcast on January 24th, 2013 @ 9:11pm CST
Holy mother of awesome...WHY DID ANIMATED HAVE TO GET CANCELED!? :sad:
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457795)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 24th, 2013 @ 9:15pm CST
RAcast wrote:Holy mother of awesome...WHY DID ANIMATED HAVE TO GET CANCELED!? :sad:


Because Cartoon Network has become an ass and didn't want Hasbro getting their own channel. :roll:

We derailed, didn't we? :oops: Back on topic?
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457863)
Posted by Va'al on January 25th, 2013 @ 5:35am CST
Doesn't the currrent instruction book story mention Megatron's demise anyway?
Maybe that's also the reason for not having another figure.

Could someone please remind me of when the US Toy Fair is happening? Do we usually get pictures for that?
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457866)
Posted by Sinnertwin on January 25th, 2013 @ 6:00am CST
Va'al wrote:Could someone please remind me of when the US Toy Fair is happening? Do we usually get pictures for that?


Feb 10-13. I think we will be
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457914)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 25th, 2013 @ 9:33am CST
Va'al wrote:Doesn't the currrent instruction book story mention Megatron's demise anyway?
Maybe that's also the reason for not having another figure.


Yeah, Megatron "died" in the sixth chapter. Then again, we don't know what kind of impact, if any, it will have on the third season. It could've been like you said; a reason not to give Megatron a new toy. ;)
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457923)
Posted by GuyIncognito on January 25th, 2013 @ 10:14am CST
PrymeStriker wrote:Yeah, Megatron "died" in the sixth chapter. Then again, we don't know what kind of impact, if any, it will have on the third season. It could've been like you said; a reason not to give Megatron a new toy. ;)


Or, a reason to resurrect him in a new (beast/dragon) form?
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1457949)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 25th, 2013 @ 11:18am CST
PrymeStriker wrote:With a Beast Machines inspired head. Damn, I wish there was a fourth season. It might have arisen my interest in the show. :-(

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/205/4/a/Marauder_Megatron_by_darksage78.jpg

But I digress.
That's is some mighty fine, be-yoo-tiful fan art.

Here's two more for the digression:

TFA Powermaster Optimus Prime - http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/332/c/7/tfa__powermaster_optimus_prime_by_sso02v-d33u8kx.png
TFA Powermaster Sentinel Magnus - http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/332/c/d/powermaster_sentinel_magnus_by_sso02v-d33udez.png

================================================================================

But, to stay on topic,
GuyIncognito wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:Yeah, Megatron "died" in the sixth chapter. Then again, we don't know what kind of impact, if any, it will have on the third season. It could've been like you said; a reason not to give Megatron a new toy. ;)


Or, a reason to resurrect him in a new (beast/dragon) form?
Sadly, death is death in TF: Prime. when they kill a character, there are no resurrections (only the occasional zombifications). ;)
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1458019)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 25th, 2013 @ 4:09pm CST
BATTOUSAI XD wrote:
Noideaforaname wrote:^ Going by the extended bios on the instructions:
Laserback "kills" Megatron by rigging the derelict spaceship he was exploring to explode; not out of any desire for either Predaking or himself to take Megatron's spot but because Laserback just wants to see the world burn (so to speak).
Granted it's not clear if this applies to the show or not...


So Lazerbeak is the Joker? :lol: If Meg's is killed in the show, I hope it's more interesting than that, like in a big, epic battle scene for instance. I don't want to see a DOTM-like death for Megatron ever again!


lulz, yeah, sounds like a recipe for Galvatron.
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1458028)
Posted by six6dbl5321 on January 25th, 2013 @ 4:36pm CST
That is the Beast Hunters Voyager Prime. It looks like they gave him different weapons and he probably gets a trailer that he attaches to to bulk him up. If you look at the upper body, it is clearly the voyager mold.

All I see is another disaster like Ultimate Optimus Prime from DOTM. Of course opinions are like @$$e$...
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1458038)
Posted by RAcast on January 25th, 2013 @ 4:45pm CST
six6dbl5321 wrote:That is the Beast Hunters Voyager Prime. It looks like they gave him different weapons and he probably gets a trailer that he attaches to to bulk him up. If you look at the upper body, it is clearly the voyager mold.

All I see is another disaster like Ultimate Optimus Prime from DOTM. Of course opinions are like @$$e$...

It's an entirely new mold, friend. "Leader class but bigger," is how it was pitched.
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1458103)
Posted by six6dbl5321 on January 25th, 2013 @ 9:00pm CST
RAcast wrote:
six6dbl5321 wrote:That is the Beast Hunters Voyager Prime. It looks like they gave him different weapons and he probably gets a trailer that he attaches to to bulk him up. If you look at the upper body, it is clearly the voyager mold.

All I see is another disaster like Ultimate Optimus Prime from DOTM. Of course opinions are like @$$e$...

It's an entirely new mold, friend. "Leader class but bigger," is how it was pitched.


Ultimate Optimus Prime was pitched as the largest Optimus Prime to date. Technically, when added to the trailer, it was. But, the cab by itself was barely voyager class.

If it is an entirely different mold great. From the blurry picture we have so far; I say it is the voyager mold we have already seen (and some have), and all they are going to do to make it bigger than leader class is include a trailer that builds onto his body to make him larger. That's just what it looks like to me. And I can be completely wrong.
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1458104)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 25th, 2013 @ 9:07pm CST
six6dbl5321 wrote:If it is an entirely different mold great. From the blurry picture we have so far; I say it is the voyager mold we have already seen (and some have), and all they are going to do to make it bigger than leader class is include a trailer that builds onto his body to make him larger. That's just what it looks like to me. And I can be completely wrong.
Why would they say "This is the Ultimate toy" and show the Voyager toy instead?

The reason it looks similar to the Voyager is because it's a consistent look between size classes.

Every Animated Optimus Prime toy looked similar to each other regardless of size class.
Image
Re: UK Toy Fair: First Looks at Dragon Disc Optimus Prime and Ultimate Predaking and More (1458105)
Posted by RAcast on January 25th, 2013 @ 9:09pm CST
six6dbl5321 wrote:
RAcast wrote:
six6dbl5321 wrote:That is the Beast Hunters Voyager Prime. It looks like they gave him different weapons and he probably gets a trailer that he attaches to to bulk him up. If you look at the upper body, it is clearly the voyager mold.

All I see is another disaster like Ultimate Optimus Prime from DOTM. Of course opinions are like @$$e$...

It's an entirely new mold, friend. "Leader class but bigger," is how it was pitched.


Ultimate Optimus Prime was pitched as the largest Optimus Prime to date. Technically, when added to the trailer, it was. But, the cab by itself was barely voyager class.

If it is an entirely different mold great. From the blurry picture we have so far; I say it is the voyager mold we have already seen (and some have), and all they are going to do to make it bigger than leader class is include a trailer that builds onto his body to make him larger. That's just what it looks like to me. And I can be completely wrong.

If you'd look closely, you'd notice the very obvious lack of hinges on the shoulders. It's a new mold with a consistent look.

Click here to view an additional 6 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014