Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International

Transformers News: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International

Sunday, February 2nd, 2014 1:38PM CST

Category: Movie News
Posted by: ScoutBumblebee   Views: 27,037

We are all anxiously awaiting the game today, some of us just so that we can get a look at the highly-anticipated trailer for Transformers: Age of Extinction. There is certainly plenty of hype surrounding the release of the trailer, between the Tweet hinting at something from Hasbro and hints from Michael Bay via Instagram. The first trailer for Age of Extinction has proven to be one of the most highly anticipated commercials of the big game.

And now, courtesy of Paramount International's YouTube page, we have what may be our first still image from the upcoming trailer. It's a little hit or miss as to what devices can see it on Paramount's YouTube page. Check it out below, and tell us what you think in the Energon Pub.

Keep an optic here for updates as the day goes by, and we get more images of the new film!
Credit(s): Paramount International's YouTube page
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547316)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on February 2nd, 2014 @ 1:41pm CST
Does Roadbuster have an effing cape? I HAVE TO SEE THIS MOVIE!!!! XD
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547322)
Posted by jos3m on February 2nd, 2014 @ 1:46pm CST
Pirates are in this year!?

hahaha a little weird design is that the corvett?
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547324)
Posted by Va'al on February 2nd, 2014 @ 1:48pm CST
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Does Roadbuster have an effing cape? I HAVE TO SEE THIS MOVIE!!!! XD

It's supposed to be Crosshairs, and we've been told they'd be wearing a trenchcoat.
Description fits! :D

The face does, too:

Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547326)
Posted by Oddimus Prime on February 2nd, 2014 @ 1:48pm CST
Maybe it's the fact that I am sat here doing really boring work. But that picture has been the highlight of my day.

Cannot wait to see the trailer.. when I can actually watch it tomorrow morning...

I know its going to be more of the same... big explosions, barely there story, dodgy usually misplaced humour and giant robots that are vaguely related to characters we know and love, but I love these movies and I can't wait to see the next one.

Hurry up trailer!
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547327)
Posted by Va'al on February 2nd, 2014 @ 1:49pm CST
Looks so happy! :D
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547329)
Posted by primematrix1986 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 1:50pm CST
Thanks for the news credit! I think Crosshairs looks BAD ASS!
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547330)
Posted by SlyTF1 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 1:50pm CST
Cannot wait for this.
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547331)
Posted by Noideaforaname on February 2nd, 2014 @ 1:50pm CST
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547332)
Posted by Madeus Prime on February 2nd, 2014 @ 1:51pm CST

EDIT: Sorry Va'al, beat me to it :lol:
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547334)
Posted by hinomars19 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 1:55pm CST
Looks cool. Lot's of new stuff happening in terms of visual and design direction it seems, so it does give something to look forward to with interest. :D
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547337)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on February 2nd, 2014 @ 1:58pm CST
Va'al wrote:

Description fits! :D

The face does, too:

Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547341)
Posted by Oddimus Prime on February 2nd, 2014 @ 2:01pm CST
So What do we actually have here?

Crosshairs with a facial expression the likes of which has never been seen in a TF movie, wearing an awesome trench coat, Firing 2 guns destroying 'Con ships whilst parachuting into a city.

That my friends, is how you tease a Superbowl Teaser Trailer.

Pic could only be cooler if it had Unicron as a backdrop and Optimus Prime battling Sharkticons whilst Riding Grimlock I the foreground.

(I honestly believe all of that will occur in this movie.)
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547342)
Posted by Mkall on February 2nd, 2014 @ 2:02pm CST
I have no idea what's going on in that picture, but it is epically awesome.
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547344)
Posted by Madeus Prime on February 2nd, 2014 @ 2:03pm CST
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Aww :( I know Leadfoot's vehicle mode was spotted, I dunno if Roadbusters and Topspin's were as well. Still hoping The Wreckers still show up in this movie!

My guess is they will appear briefly to demonstrate the whole "Kill all Transformers" thing. Remember those posters? The reporting of alien activity?
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547345)
Posted by Mindmaster on February 2nd, 2014 @ 2:06pm CST
Yep. Definitely Crosshairs. Kinda dig his look. Expectantly waiting to see the rest of the cast!

Noideaforaname wrote:That's pretty darn over the top, but he's got an honest to god, easy to read facial expression, something you don't often see in Movieverse.

Seriously though, dat facial expression. =P~

That has always been an issue with me and the movies; insect-like faces, and hard-to-read expressions. Happy to see some humanization in the films. :D
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547348)
Posted by njb902 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 2:12pm CST
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547349)
Posted by SlyTF1 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 2:13pm CST
Also, um... what is this?

Not sure if it's from the trailer, but I found it here: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=93842
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547353)
Posted by Va'al on February 2nd, 2014 @ 2:18pm CST
njb902 wrote:I will give Va'al's entire collection to see this early. His. ENTIRE. COLLECTION!

Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547354)
Posted by njb902 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 2:20pm CST
Va'al wrote:

Lol, that's perfect.
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547360)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 2:42pm CST
shit this looks cool!
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547369)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 2nd, 2014 @ 2:55pm CST
Crosshairs looks so CLEAR! In both design and appearance.

Such coherency has been coveted since the first movie, and now it appears to have finally come. :D

Also, regarding returning characters, I expect nobody to return aside from Prime and Bumblebee.
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547375)
Posted by dreadwing95 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 3:03pm CST
gotta say im impressed with his design. cant wait to see the rest the bots
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547380)
Posted by Caelus on February 2nd, 2014 @ 3:09pm CST
I really want to see a Nick Roche version of this character in the next line up of IDW Wreckers...
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547401)
Posted by Aladar on February 2nd, 2014 @ 4:11pm CST
I can't wait for he trailer to air. I'd give Sentinel's corpse to get an hd bootleg of it.
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547410)
Posted by Autobot Genocide on February 2nd, 2014 @ 4:31pm CST
Nice , Totally pulling off the Hush look ;). This has me interested to see what they do with his figure i can deal with no trench coat but if we don't get those guns :-x .
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547423)
Posted by SlyTF1 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 5:10pm CST
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547426)
Posted by dreadwing95 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 5:15pm CST
SlyTF1 wrote:Anyone know what quarter the trailer airs? I don't feel like sitting through the whole thing.
second quarter i think
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547449)
Posted by njb902 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:26pm CST
The trailer was awesome!
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547451)
Posted by Va'al on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:28pm CST
And here.. we.. are! The 48th Super Bowl has kicked off with one team doing something better than the other team, but the second team looks like it's-- Let's face it. Whether you're into sports or not, we all know the real reason why we're here, really - Transformers: Age of Extinction has finally showed us a trailer! We already saw a still earlier today, and our very own Seibertron is busy preparing a frame-by-frame gallery, which will go up later tonight. But for now, take a(nother) look at the Baytastic robofest embedded below!

Here's a breakdown of the Bayhem taking place in the scenes we can figure out:

- Giant spaceship exits smoke and fog, with robot character advancing menacingly on foot beneath it, possibly LOCKDOWN/GALVATRON?

- Tessa and Cade are clearly caught in the middle of a fight between 'Lockdown' and OPTIMUS PRIME, who proceeds to get shot through the chest by his opponent -- as 'Galvatron's' face turns into a gun.

- Different scene, different robot character - possibly STINGER - slices through a red car, as a fleet of spaceships heads towards Earth.

- Shane, Cade and Tessa flee from a series of massive explosions.

- Upside down OPTIMUS, held captive by another robot, who appears to be retracting an arm weapon.

- CROSSHAIRS para-shooting between some flying vehicles.

- Tessa cries out for her dad, Cade, as she appears trapped in a car. Cade runs towards her, and prepares to punch something in slow-motion.

- Optimus rolls sideways out of an explosion's way.

- BUMBLEBEE jumps upwards, also out of an explosion's way -- and is met by double-headed flying STRAFE!

- Optimus shown sword in hand, riding GRIMLOCK, who appears to be made out of limey, mossy rock, as they burst out of Chinese architecture.
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547453)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:34pm CST
Epic trailer. So Optimus will be riding in on Grimlock. Looks like Optimus might die early on.
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547454)
Posted by SlyTF1 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:35pm CST
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547456)
Posted by Gemini220 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:37pm CST
Looks like Optimus is getting jacked up in this!
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547458)
Posted by Treetop Maximus on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:37pm CST
GET HYPE
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547459)
Posted by Mkall on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:38pm CST
Dude's face turns into a gun. That's pretty slick.

That's two Dinobots we've seen, I can't wait to see more.
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547461)
Posted by prowl123 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:40pm CST
And thus begins the hype train.

That huge ship thing in the beginning had better be Unicron.

:michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547462)
Posted by Henry921 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:40pm CST
I... :shock:

Primus, I don't completely hate it.

Maybe because Optimus riding a giant dinosaur is completely, unabashedly bitchin'.

Okay, Bay. I'll watch it. Ironically. [-(
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547463)
Posted by Autobot Genocide on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:42pm CST
WTF ? was that Lockdown who's head transformed in to a gun :shock: That was awesome ! .
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547464)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:43pm CST
Wow, I didn't think they'd show it that early. Looks like it'll be good, especially with Grimlock being so huge. Also, was that a 2-headed dragon, and if so, could it be Megatron/Galvatron?
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547465)
Posted by SlyTF1 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:43pm CST
Also, I think I see a shot with the old Optimus design in the trailer. At about 0:22.
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547466)
Posted by SpaceSkull on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:45pm CST
Looks like some robot kick-assery will surely be all over this mess. Females are always getting abducted or in peril. Seen that s*it dozens of times. Optimus riding on the back of an enormous Dinobot pulling a Conan/Devil Dinosaur mash-up, why not. My favorite part is Optimus walking underneath that massive ship/Metroplex?? thing. We'll see.
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547467)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:45pm CST
Looks alright. I did like the cleaner shots, it seems like you can actually see more of what is actually happening. Grimlock didn't really wow me, I gota say. He looks kinda boring with being just all spikey and big. I feel I need to see more actual yellow or gold on him. But yea, this still doesn't hold a candle to the Grimlock unveil in the NIS intro to FOC.
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547468)
Posted by Just Negare on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:47pm CST
It's looking decent. Dinobots. Gunface. Humans not totally annoying. Its got me a little more positive for the movie!
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547469)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:48pm CST
Play-by-play of awesome observations:

* Giant ship at the beginning with some humanoid figure walking towards us.
* Tessa (Nicola Peltz) hiding for cover
* Cade (Mark Wahlberg) approaching something with a tense face
* Optimus getting up
* Someone's face transforming into a cannon and firing
* Optimus being shot
* PREPARE
* A bright silver TF destroying a red car
* A fleet of vertical disc-shaped alien ships in space
* Cade: "Everybody stick behind me!"
* The three humans running from explosions
* FOR EXTINCTION
* Optimus strung upside-down in a mechanical location at the mercy of a dark gray bot
* Crosshairs parachuting into battle
* And then firing two guns in opposite sideways directions
* Tessa: "DAAAD!"
* Cade and Shane (Jack Reynor) run through debris as Cade shouts: "TESSA!"
* Cade recoils from something
* Two bots scuffle in traffic
* Bumblebee jumps away from explosions in a city
* Bumblebee jumps at the twin-headed draconian Strafe
* Optimus rides the GIGANTIC and mildly-draconian Grimlock
* Grimlock busts up through a wall as Optimus rides him
* Transformers: Age of Extinction
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547470)
Posted by durroth on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:49pm CST
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547471)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:49pm CST
SlyTF1 wrote:THAT WAS TOO HYPE FOR WORDS!!! I don't think Optimus dies, but it looks like he gets injured and captured by Lockdown. And I would be COMPLETELY fine if that giant ship in the background of that first shot was Unicron. Also, the CG looks MUCH more realistic than the last 3. This is so awesome.

Ya, I was thinking possibly Unicron too. Wondering if the bot with the gun head is Cyclonus. Also, possibly our first look at Galatron :-? ? Let the speculation begin!
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547473)
Posted by njb902 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:52pm CST
I knew Grimlock was going to be huge, but damned he's frigging huge! Which I'm fine with.
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547474)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:53pm CST
durroth wrote:From the way that scene played out... I don't think that's a dinobot. I think that was a terrorcon :3... I'm so in if this is going to have abominus
That's the Dinobot Strafe.
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547475)
Posted by SlyTF1 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:53pm CST
5150 Cruiser wrote:

I think the gun head is lockdown. He even had spikes on his shoulder.
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547477)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on February 2nd, 2014 @ 7:00pm CST
Dinobots!
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547479)
Posted by Va'al on February 2nd, 2014 @ 7:03pm CST
News post modified with breakdown of scenes! :D

Click here to view an additional 1367 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction