Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International

Transformers News: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International

Sunday, February 2nd, 2014 1:38PM CST

Category: Movie News
Posted by: ScoutBumblebee   Views: 26,163

We are all anxiously awaiting the game today, some of us just so that we can get a look at the highly-anticipated trailer for Transformers: Age of Extinction. There is certainly plenty of hype surrounding the release of the trailer, between the Tweet hinting at something from Hasbro and hints from Michael Bay via Instagram. The first trailer for Age of Extinction has proven to be one of the most highly anticipated commercials of the big game.

And now, courtesy of Paramount International's YouTube page, we have what may be our first still image from the upcoming trailer. It's a little hit or miss as to what devices can see it on Paramount's YouTube page. Check it out below, and tell us what you think in the Energon Pub.

Keep an optic here for updates as the day goes by, and we get more images of the new film!
Credit(s): Paramount International's YouTube page
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547316)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on February 2nd, 2014 @ 1:41pm CST
Does Roadbuster have an effing cape? I HAVE TO SEE THIS MOVIE!!!! XD
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547322)
Posted by jos3m on February 2nd, 2014 @ 1:46pm CST
Pirates are in this year!?

hahaha a little weird design is that the corvett?
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547324)
Posted by Va'al on February 2nd, 2014 @ 1:48pm CST
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Does Roadbuster have an effing cape? I HAVE TO SEE THIS MOVIE!!!! XD

It's supposed to be Crosshairs, and we've been told they'd be wearing a trenchcoat.
Description fits! :D

The face does, too:

Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547326)
Posted by Oddimus Prime on February 2nd, 2014 @ 1:48pm CST
Maybe it's the fact that I am sat here doing really boring work. But that picture has been the highlight of my day.

Cannot wait to see the trailer.. when I can actually watch it tomorrow morning...

I know its going to be more of the same... big explosions, barely there story, dodgy usually misplaced humour and giant robots that are vaguely related to characters we know and love, but I love these movies and I can't wait to see the next one.

Hurry up trailer!
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547327)
Posted by Va'al on February 2nd, 2014 @ 1:49pm CST
Looks so happy! :D
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547329)
Posted by primematrix1986 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 1:50pm CST
Thanks for the news credit! I think Crosshairs looks BAD ASS!
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547330)
Posted by SlyTF1 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 1:50pm CST
Cannot wait for this.
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547331)
Posted by Noideaforaname on February 2nd, 2014 @ 1:50pm CST
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547332)
Posted by Madeus Prime on February 2nd, 2014 @ 1:51pm CST

EDIT: Sorry Va'al, beat me to it :lol:
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547334)
Posted by hinomars19 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 1:55pm CST
Looks cool. Lot's of new stuff happening in terms of visual and design direction it seems, so it does give something to look forward to with interest. :D
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547337)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on February 2nd, 2014 @ 1:58pm CST
Va'al wrote:

Description fits! :D

The face does, too:

Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547341)
Posted by Oddimus Prime on February 2nd, 2014 @ 2:01pm CST
So What do we actually have here?

Crosshairs with a facial expression the likes of which has never been seen in a TF movie, wearing an awesome trench coat, Firing 2 guns destroying 'Con ships whilst parachuting into a city.

That my friends, is how you tease a Superbowl Teaser Trailer.

Pic could only be cooler if it had Unicron as a backdrop and Optimus Prime battling Sharkticons whilst Riding Grimlock I the foreground.

(I honestly believe all of that will occur in this movie.)
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547342)
Posted by Mkall on February 2nd, 2014 @ 2:02pm CST
I have no idea what's going on in that picture, but it is epically awesome.
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547344)
Posted by Madeus Prime on February 2nd, 2014 @ 2:03pm CST
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Aww :( I know Leadfoot's vehicle mode was spotted, I dunno if Roadbusters and Topspin's were as well. Still hoping The Wreckers still show up in this movie!

My guess is they will appear briefly to demonstrate the whole "Kill all Transformers" thing. Remember those posters? The reporting of alien activity?
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547345)
Posted by Mindmaster on February 2nd, 2014 @ 2:06pm CST
Yep. Definitely Crosshairs. Kinda dig his look. Expectantly waiting to see the rest of the cast!

Noideaforaname wrote:That's pretty darn over the top, but he's got an honest to god, easy to read facial expression, something you don't often see in Movieverse.

Seriously though, dat facial expression. =P~

That has always been an issue with me and the movies; insect-like faces, and hard-to-read expressions. Happy to see some humanization in the films. :D
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547348)
Posted by njb902 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 2:12pm CST
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547349)
Posted by SlyTF1 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 2:13pm CST
Also, um... what is this?

Not sure if it's from the trailer, but I found it here: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=93842
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547353)
Posted by Va'al on February 2nd, 2014 @ 2:18pm CST
njb902 wrote:I will give Va'al's entire collection to see this early. His. ENTIRE. COLLECTION!

Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547354)
Posted by njb902 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 2:20pm CST
Va'al wrote:

Lol, that's perfect.
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547360)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 2:42pm CST
shit this looks cool!
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547369)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 2nd, 2014 @ 2:55pm CST
Crosshairs looks so CLEAR! In both design and appearance.

Such coherency has been coveted since the first movie, and now it appears to have finally come. :D

Also, regarding returning characters, I expect nobody to return aside from Prime and Bumblebee.
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547375)
Posted by dreadwing95 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 3:03pm CST
gotta say im impressed with his design. cant wait to see the rest the bots
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547380)
Posted by Caelus on February 2nd, 2014 @ 3:09pm CST
I really want to see a Nick Roche version of this character in the next line up of IDW Wreckers...
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547401)
Posted by Aladar on February 2nd, 2014 @ 4:11pm CST
I can't wait for he trailer to air. I'd give Sentinel's corpse to get an hd bootleg of it.
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547410)
Posted by Autobot Genocide on February 2nd, 2014 @ 4:31pm CST
Nice , Totally pulling off the Hush look ;). This has me interested to see what they do with his figure i can deal with no trench coat but if we don't get those guns :-x .
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547423)
Posted by SlyTF1 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 5:10pm CST
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547426)
Posted by dreadwing95 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 5:15pm CST
SlyTF1 wrote:Anyone know what quarter the trailer airs? I don't feel like sitting through the whole thing.
second quarter i think
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547449)
Posted by njb902 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:26pm CST
The trailer was awesome!
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547522)
Posted by autobot1979 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 8:47pm CST
Do you know that Bot that cut the car in half might be an Autobot ? Who remember the photo months ago where we could see the Autobots running behind and in front had a red car cut in half? Those red car had the DeceptConS insignia on it! So is possibly this Robot be an Autobot ?
Another thing is that Gun-Face probably is Galvatron. As Galvatron use to transform in a weapon, why not His face instead Himself transform in a gun?
Bumblebee looks so wicked and sleek.
Prime Looks amazing.
The Dinobots will kick the Decepticons off. Man Crosshairs is a freaking mercenary.
Grimlock is much more than I was imagining. Do you Remember what those Brazilian designer commented ? Fans were going to freak out... and so we did!
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547524)
Posted by Bounti76 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 8:58pm CST
OKay...I've watched it several times now and this is what I've taken from it and other fans' consensuses (consensii?)

Bots I can figure out
Green parachute bot: Crosshairs
Optimus and Bumblebee are pretty self-explanatory.
Two-headed dragon/Dinobot: Strafe (aka Movie Swoop).
and of course...

GRIMLOCK :APPLAUSE:

Who I can't figure out

Silver bot cutting the red Chevy Malibu in half.
Bot on board the ship who's guarding a captive Optimus.
The bots in the scene right before Swoop and Bumblebee collide
Gun-faced bot:Lockdown? Galvatron?

Any ideas ladies and gentlemen?
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547525)
Posted by Bounti76 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 9:02pm CST
Almost forgot....I'm almost positive the first bot we see in the trailer, walking away from the huge-ass ship...is Lockdown. You can't see a ton of detail, but if images of the hoodie and the toys from UK toyfair are accurate, the head looks clean and free from spikes of any sort....almost human. Which is how the bot (heavily rumored to be Lockdown) appeared on those items.
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547567)
Posted by Rodimus2006 on February 3rd, 2014 @ 12:53am CST
People we dont know for 100% sure if that was Galvatron or Megatron this is the biggest mystery in AOE we dont know which it is least not for certain but all signs point to Megatron being reborn into Galvatron.

He really did look more menacing & more deadlier than Original Megatron with Wicked Cool Weaponary I have no idea how the Autobots will handle all of this & the Predacon Dragons.

I am sort of getting a Transformers Prime vibe from the Dragons seen in Beast Hunters, Keep in mind we also dont know for sure if these are indeed Predacons or just Dragon Decepticons also we dont know there Origins were they always on Earth, Crashed Landed on Earth Eons ago or Came to Earth.

Seems like most of the Leaks are proving True, But what about the Leaks that Unicron will make an Appearance in AOE. If so I hope Unicron is handled like Thantos in The Avengers being Post End Credits Cameo.

I assume the Green Bot was Crosshair & to me that looked like Military Jets he was Blasting Out of the Sky so I assume to me it looks like things between the Autobots & Humans may have taken a Sour Note then again could be Harold Attingers Group being similar towards Sector 7 or MECH.

Also it isnt clear rather or not NEST is back or if NEST has been disbanded considering this is 4 Years after DOTM. Seems safe to say NEST has been De-Activated.

Also sucks we didnt get to see the other Bots being Cyclonus, Hound or the Samurai Bot.

I think Mark Walburg is a Terrific actor Loved him in Pain & Gain & The Perfect Storm so I am willing to say AOE is in Safe hands with him as the Lead over Shia.

Dont get me wrong Shia isnt a Bad Actor as this is Action & Mark has had more Action under his belt than shia if I am not mistaken Mark also done the Max Payne Live Action Movie.

Bay Had blown me away with just a 25 Minute Teaser can you imaging this Baby in Full Swing. Not ony that Imagine how Epic Jablonsky will make the Epic Movie Score Battle Music.

Awesome Deal cant wait for AOE. AOE also Marks my Offiical 30th Anniversary being with Transformers 1984 to 2014 I will be 33 Years old when AOE hits in July.

Awesome time to be in Transformers, being DVDs, the new Series & AOE I look forward to MORE.
Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547568)
Posted by Rodimus2006 on February 3rd, 2014 @ 12:54am CST

Bay Had blown me away with just a 25 Second Teaser can you imaging this Baby in Full Swing. Not ony that Imagine how Epic Jablonsky will make the Epic Movie Score Battle Music.

Re: First Still Shot of Age of Extinction Trailer via Paramount International (1547731)
Posted by Tenio on February 3rd, 2014 @ 6:05pm CST
Looks kinda like Willem Dafoe.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok