Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Free Matrix Optimus Prime Kreon with UK's Dr. Who Adventures Comic

Transformers News: Free Matrix Optimus Prime Kreon with UK's Dr. Who Adventures Comic

Sunday, October 23rd, 2011 11:55AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 34,772

Seibertron.com member Pretender Skywarp has let us know there is new way to get the "Open Chest" or "Matrix" version of Kreon Optimus Prime. The mini-figure is now coming as a freebie in the UK's kids comic "The Doctor Who Adventures". He doesn't come in the Kre-O brick style packaging, but a plain Hasbro UK/Europe branded baggy. This makes at least the sixth way to acquire this little guy. He made his first appearance at BotCon 2011 as a free gift for attendees who signed up for a Kre-O drawing, then he started showing up in the initial run of the large Optimus Prime Kre-O sets in error, next Hasbro gave the figure away as a prize for their on-line Build-A-Bot game, HasbroToyShop then started giving the figure in all orders that contained Transformers, finally Hasbro included the figure in their "Prime Style" 20 for 20 promotion.

This is a great opportunity for UK fans to pick up the little figure for only £2.99, the price of the comic.

Credit(s): Pretender Skywarp
Re: Free Matrix Optimus Prime Kreon with UK's Dr. Who Adventures Comic (1304322)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on October 23rd, 2011 @ 12:32pm CDT
dont forget that he also comes in the 20 for 20 DOTM gift pack as well. hasbro must really have a lot of these guys floating around, must be their version of tribbles.
Re: Free Matrix Optimus Prime Kreon with UK's Dr. Who Adventures Comic (1304323)
Posted by El Duque on October 23rd, 2011 @ 12:40pm CDT
I thought there was another one!
Re: Free Matrix Optimus Prime Kreon with UK's Dr. Who Adventures Comic (1304325)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on October 23rd, 2011 @ 12:46pm CDT
Did they give this out a the SDCC as well?
Re: Free Matrix Optimus Prime Kreon with UK's Dr. Who Adventures Comic (1304338)
Posted by Erailea on October 23rd, 2011 @ 1:33pm CDT
Pretender Skywarp wrote:Did they give this out a the SDCC as well?

I'd imagine, as that's the first place it showed up. They also gave it out at NYCC and the American Tour thingy
Re: Free Matrix Optimus Prime Kreon with UK's Dr. Who Adventures Comic (1304339)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on October 23rd, 2011 @ 1:36pm CDT
Hasbro will soon start giving these out for even thinking about Transformers.
Re: Free Matrix Optimus Prime Kreon with UK's Dr. Who Adventures Comic (1304347)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on October 23rd, 2011 @ 1:49pm CDT
Erailea wrote:
Pretender Skywarp wrote:Did they give this out a the SDCC as well?

Botcon was in June this year, the SDCC in July, so it deffo showed up at Botcon first. I just wondered how many opportunities Hasbro had taken to pimp this thing out!
Re: Free Matrix Optimus Prime Kreon with UK's Dr. Who Adventures Comic (1304357)
Posted by Erailea on October 23rd, 2011 @ 2:04pm CDT
Pretender Skywarp wrote:
Erailea wrote:
Pretender Skywarp wrote:Did they give this out a the SDCC as well?

Whoops, got my cons backwards xD Though for some reason I thought the little Kreon was SDCC first. Lol. Doesn't really matter.

It seems like they give it out at pretty much anything they host/attend... and then some. I believe HTS was giving them out with purchases over a certain amount for a while and Toys R Us was doing the same (for their online store anyway. They still have the advertisement up actually, but the date has expired). I'm sure the Kreon is so cheap to make they're flinging it around as an intensive & promotional piece.
Re: Free Matrix Optimus Prime Kreon with UK's Dr. Who Adventures Comic (1304378)
Posted by Swiftknife24 on October 23rd, 2011 @ 3:43pm CDT
Well this is about the weirdest sci-fi crossover I've seen! And I'm a fan of both series! O.o

What's next; a Torchwood SUV Transformer? *HINT* :grin:
Re: Free Matrix Optimus Prime Kreon with UK's Dr. Who Adventures Comic (1304420)
Posted by Alpha Weltall on October 23rd, 2011 @ 6:25pm CDT
I can confirm that they were indeed giving these out on location in Toys r us (at least the one if Fort Myers). You needed to purchase at least $10 in transformers merchandise in order to get one. It came in the red brick box as well. On a side note, I also thought that this was from SDCC and not Botcon but it really doesn't matter anymore as they just keep giving him out other ways. I looked at what these were going for on Ebay and they aren't going for much at all or at least they weren't when I first got mine over a week ago.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars