Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal!

Transformers News: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal!

Tuesday, November 9th, 2010 12:56PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Press Releases, Company News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 105,697

Fun Pub, the organisers of the official Transformers Collectors club have sent us a press release and our first look at Trans Tech Cheetor!
Trans Tech Cheetor is going to be next years club store exclusive.

Click here for more images!

And here's the press release:
Fun Publications Transformers Collectors’ Club Membership Drive FINAL reveals!
Fort Worth, TX – November 9th, 2010 – Fun Publications, Inc, licensee for Hasbro’s Transformers Collectors’ Club, is pleased to announce the final additions to the Fall 2010 Membership drive.
Artists from across the Transformers fandom can participate in the 2010 Transformers Design a Cover Contest, available to all club members. Details for the contest can be found at www.TransformersClub.com
Next up, the final week of the Membership Drive Sale is underway. Many great items are still available including the G.I. Joe Club Promo Pack in which members have the opportunity to check out the offerings from the G.I. Joe Collectors’ Club while receiving an EXCLUSIVE Side Burn art print by Transformers artist Casey Coller. That item can be found here
And to round off the list of exciting announcements, the online preview for Animated Transtech Cheetor is now available. This figure features an ALL-NEW head sculpt courtesy of Derrick J. Wyatt, the Art Director behind the Transformers: Animated series. This figure, along with G2 Ramjet, will be available for Club members to purchase next year.
For more information on the Transformers Collectors’ Club and all of its offerings, please visit www.TransformersClub.com.
About HASBRO
Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE:HAS) is a worldwide leader in children’s and family leisure time products and services with a rich portfolio of brands and entertainment properties that provides some of the highest quality and most recognizable play and recreational experiences in the world. As a brand-driven, consumer-focused global company, Hasbro brings to market a range of toys, games and licensed products, from traditional to high-tech and digital, under such powerful brand names as TRANSFORMERS, PLAYSKOOL, TONKA, MILTON BRADLEY, PARKER BROTHERS, G.I. JOE and WIZARDS OF THE COAST. Come see how we inspire play through our brands at http://www.hasbro.com. (C) 2009 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
About FUN PUBLICATIONS, INC.
For over 15 years, Fun Publications, Inc. has been a Hasbro licensee offering fans and collectors of pop culture memorabilia news, exclusive product and family events through different print offerings, websites, collector clubs and brand specific conventions such as GIJoeCon and BotCon. Located in Fort Worth Texas, Fun Publications reaches a large audience, serving the United States and many other countries such as Japan, Great Britain, Brazil, Australia and Canada. For more information visit www.TransformersClub.com, www.GIJoeClub.com, www.GIJoeCon.com, and www.BotCon.com.
Credit(s): Pete Sinclair, TFCC

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal! (1144590)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 9th, 2010 @ 12:57pm CST
Just thought you guys would like to know there's a preview up for the next Collector's Club Exclusive, Transtech Cheetor: http://www.transformersclub.com/ttcheetor11.cfm

Not my cup of tea, but I never was much of a Beast Wars fan. ;) But now all those who have dreamed of owning a yellow & black spotted Blurr (or Transtech toys) can rejoice. :lol:
Re: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal! (1144593)
Posted by Marcdachamp on November 9th, 2010 @ 1:02pm CST
Re: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal! (1144594)
Posted by Badassimus Prime on November 9th, 2010 @ 1:02pm CST
Ultra Gear! :P
Re: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal! (1144597)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 9th, 2010 @ 1:11pm CST
Re: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal! (1144598)
Posted by HighPrime on November 9th, 2010 @ 1:11pm CST
Marcdachamp wrote:So, if I join the club, I get Ramjet for "free" and I can buy Cheetor? I think they may have sold my Animated-loving self. :APPLAUSE:

Half-right.

Side Burn is the freebie. Ramjet and Cheetor will be available as the TFCC's 2011 store exclusives.
Re: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal! (1144601)
Posted by GuyIncognito on November 9th, 2010 @ 1:13pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Now I'm confused. Is this supposed to be the same TransTech Cheetor we've come to know? Or is this a new Animated Transtech Cheetor? :???:

Considering the fact that they're referring to it as Animated Transtech Cheetor and it's a repaint of Animated Blurr, I would say it's Animated Transtech Cheetor. ;)

No, Ramjet is not the free membership figure. The free membership figure is Side Burn. Ramjet will be available for purchase along with Cheetor.
Re: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal! (1144604)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 9th, 2010 @ 1:19pm CST
An ugly design in an ugly style with ugly colors. Didn't some versions of Cheetor look not crud at some point?
Re: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal! (1144605)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 9th, 2010 @ 1:23pm CST
Re: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal! (1144607)
Posted by Marcdachamp on November 9th, 2010 @ 1:25pm CST
Dang. I want Cheetor and Ramjet. Don't really care about Side Burn.
Re: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal! (1144611)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 9th, 2010 @ 1:27pm CST
Marcdachamp wrote:Dang. I want Cheetor and Ramjet. Don't really care about Side Burn.

Sell him off, or better yet: gimme :P

btw Duplicate Thread in Toy Forum
Re: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal! (1144616)
Posted by Overcracker on November 9th, 2010 @ 1:33pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:So let me get this straight: Transtech Cheetor is, despite the Transtech name, part of the Animated continuity?

He looks Animated, he's an autobot not a Maximal, and he's apparently part of the Elite Guard. So everything points to Yes.
Re: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal! (1144619)
Posted by Marcdachamp on November 9th, 2010 @ 1:39pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Sell him off, or better yet: gimme :P

btw Duplicate Thread in Toy Forum

This may be the first time you've actually gone after a toy I don't even own yet. :lol:
Re: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal! (1144634)
Posted by Seibertron on November 9th, 2010 @ 2:29pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Sell him off, or better yet: gimme :P

btw Duplicate Thread in Toy Forum

I moved and merged the two topics. Thank you for pointing this out.
Re: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal! (1144659)
Posted by It Is Him on November 9th, 2010 @ 3:30pm CST
I shall call him... Snaggletooth.
Re: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal! (1144663)
Posted by Anonymous on November 9th, 2010 @ 3:45pm CST
Did someone eat an animated blur burrito with extra guacamole? Cuz this turd stinks!
Re: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal! (1144670)
Posted by Covenant on November 9th, 2010 @ 4:22pm CST
That ain't Transtech Cheetor. I love Transtech Cheetor, and that ain't Transtech Cheetor. That's Transtech-esque ANIMATED Cheetor, pure & simple.
Re: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal! (1144672)
Posted by Optimus1138 on November 9th, 2010 @ 4:24pm CST
This actually looks pretty good! I hadn't been expecting to like it very much, but since I'm hoping to join the club anyway for Sideburn, I might get this.
Re: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal! (1144684)
Posted by Mkall on November 9th, 2010 @ 5:04pm CST
I've got no interest in this figure, sorry.
Re: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal! (1144687)
Posted by TFBuyer on November 9th, 2010 @ 5:12pm CST
I think this is a pretty cool redeco! As an animated fan and a fan of some quirky TFs, this fits both. Very cool!
Re: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal! (1144697)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 9th, 2010 @ 5:35pm CST
I like his design. But too much green, in my opinion. I might make this my backup avatar.... nah, I'll just keep the one I have right now. I like the current one. ;)

Ending Soon On eBay

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG03 Deluxe Tankor - NIB - Time Remaining: 7 days 20 hours 41 minutes 4 seconds
Transformers G1 Fortress Maximus - Time Remaining: 6 days 10 hours 13 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers Masterpiece MP-10 Optimus Prime Hasbro Toys rus exclusive USA - Time Remaining: 5 days 21 hours 44 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers Ultra Magnus Commorative Series 1 Reissue Hasbro MISP - Time Remaining: 5 days 16 hours 4 minutes 59 seconds
Kre-O Transformers Optimus Prime Dino Hauler Kreo Set A7796 **NEW** - Time Remaining: 7 days 4 hours 24 minutes 19 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Generations RTS Reveal The Shield Autobot JAZZ / TRACKS Lot NEW! - Time Remaining: 6 days 19 hours 59 minutes 47 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Generations Reveal The Shield RTS Battle In Space RODIMUS CYCLONUS - Time Remaining: 6 days 19 hours 51 minutes 28 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 2007 1st Movie TARGET Exclusive HARD TOP / SIGNAL FLARE Lot NEW! - Time Remaining: 5 days 19 hours 39 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive