Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal!

Transformers News: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal!

Tuesday, November 9th, 2010 12:56PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Press Releases, Company News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 107,943

Fun Pub, the organisers of the official Transformers Collectors club have sent us a press release and our first look at Trans Tech Cheetor!
Trans Tech Cheetor is going to be next years club store exclusive.

Click here for more images!

And here's the press release:
Fun Publications Transformers Collectors’ Club Membership Drive FINAL reveals!
Fort Worth, TX – November 9th, 2010 – Fun Publications, Inc, licensee for Hasbro’s Transformers Collectors’ Club, is pleased to announce the final additions to the Fall 2010 Membership drive.
Artists from across the Transformers fandom can participate in the 2010 Transformers Design a Cover Contest, available to all club members. Details for the contest can be found at www.TransformersClub.com
Next up, the final week of the Membership Drive Sale is underway. Many great items are still available including the G.I. Joe Club Promo Pack in which members have the opportunity to check out the offerings from the G.I. Joe Collectors’ Club while receiving an EXCLUSIVE Side Burn art print by Transformers artist Casey Coller. That item can be found here
And to round off the list of exciting announcements, the online preview for Animated Transtech Cheetor is now available. This figure features an ALL-NEW head sculpt courtesy of Derrick J. Wyatt, the Art Director behind the Transformers: Animated series. This figure, along with G2 Ramjet, will be available for Club members to purchase next year.
For more information on the Transformers Collectors’ Club and all of its offerings, please visit www.TransformersClub.com.
About HASBRO
Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE:HAS) is a worldwide leader in children’s and family leisure time products and services with a rich portfolio of brands and entertainment properties that provides some of the highest quality and most recognizable play and recreational experiences in the world. As a brand-driven, consumer-focused global company, Hasbro brings to market a range of toys, games and licensed products, from traditional to high-tech and digital, under such powerful brand names as TRANSFORMERS, PLAYSKOOL, TONKA, MILTON BRADLEY, PARKER BROTHERS, G.I. JOE and WIZARDS OF THE COAST. Come see how we inspire play through our brands at http://www.hasbro.com. (C) 2009 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
About FUN PUBLICATIONS, INC.
For over 15 years, Fun Publications, Inc. has been a Hasbro licensee offering fans and collectors of pop culture memorabilia news, exclusive product and family events through different print offerings, websites, collector clubs and brand specific conventions such as GIJoeCon and BotCon. Located in Fort Worth Texas, Fun Publications reaches a large audience, serving the United States and many other countries such as Japan, Great Britain, Brazil, Australia and Canada. For more information visit www.TransformersClub.com, www.GIJoeClub.com, www.GIJoeCon.com, and www.BotCon.com.
Credit(s): Pete Sinclair, TFCC
Re: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal! (1144590)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 9th, 2010 @ 12:57pm CST
Just thought you guys would like to know there's a preview up for the next Collector's Club Exclusive, Transtech Cheetor: http://www.transformersclub.com/ttcheetor11.cfm

Not my cup of tea, but I never was much of a Beast Wars fan. ;) But now all those who have dreamed of owning a yellow & black spotted Blurr (or Transtech toys) can rejoice. :lol:
Re: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal! (1144593)
Posted by Marcdachamp on November 9th, 2010 @ 1:02pm CST
Re: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal! (1144594)
Posted by Badassimus Prime on November 9th, 2010 @ 1:02pm CST
Ultra Gear! :P
Re: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal! (1144597)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 9th, 2010 @ 1:11pm CST
Re: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal! (1144598)
Posted by HighPrime on November 9th, 2010 @ 1:11pm CST
Marcdachamp wrote:So, if I join the club, I get Ramjet for "free" and I can buy Cheetor? I think they may have sold my Animated-loving self. :APPLAUSE:

Half-right.

Side Burn is the freebie. Ramjet and Cheetor will be available as the TFCC's 2011 store exclusives.
Re: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal! (1144601)
Posted by GuyIncognito on November 9th, 2010 @ 1:13pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Now I'm confused. Is this supposed to be the same TransTech Cheetor we've come to know? Or is this a new Animated Transtech Cheetor? :???:

Considering the fact that they're referring to it as Animated Transtech Cheetor and it's a repaint of Animated Blurr, I would say it's Animated Transtech Cheetor. ;)

No, Ramjet is not the free membership figure. The free membership figure is Side Burn. Ramjet will be available for purchase along with Cheetor.
Re: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal! (1144604)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 9th, 2010 @ 1:19pm CST
An ugly design in an ugly style with ugly colors. Didn't some versions of Cheetor look not crud at some point?
Re: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal! (1144605)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 9th, 2010 @ 1:23pm CST
Re: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal! (1144607)
Posted by Marcdachamp on November 9th, 2010 @ 1:25pm CST
Dang. I want Cheetor and Ramjet. Don't really care about Side Burn.
Re: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal! (1144611)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 9th, 2010 @ 1:27pm CST
Marcdachamp wrote:Dang. I want Cheetor and Ramjet. Don't really care about Side Burn.

Sell him off, or better yet: gimme :P

btw Duplicate Thread in Toy Forum
Re: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal! (1144616)
Posted by Overcracker on November 9th, 2010 @ 1:33pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:So let me get this straight: Transtech Cheetor is, despite the Transtech name, part of the Animated continuity?

He looks Animated, he's an autobot not a Maximal, and he's apparently part of the Elite Guard. So everything points to Yes.
Re: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal! (1144619)
Posted by Marcdachamp on November 9th, 2010 @ 1:39pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Sell him off, or better yet: gimme :P

btw Duplicate Thread in Toy Forum

This may be the first time you've actually gone after a toy I don't even own yet. :lol:
Re: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal! (1144634)
Posted by Seibertron on November 9th, 2010 @ 2:29pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Sell him off, or better yet: gimme :P

btw Duplicate Thread in Toy Forum

I moved and merged the two topics. Thank you for pointing this out.
Re: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal! (1144659)
Posted by It Is Him on November 9th, 2010 @ 3:30pm CST
I shall call him... Snaggletooth.
Re: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal! (1144663)
Posted by Anonymous on November 9th, 2010 @ 3:45pm CST
Did someone eat an animated blur burrito with extra guacamole? Cuz this turd stinks!
Re: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal! (1144670)
Posted by Covenant on November 9th, 2010 @ 4:22pm CST
That ain't Transtech Cheetor. I love Transtech Cheetor, and that ain't Transtech Cheetor. That's Transtech-esque ANIMATED Cheetor, pure & simple.
Re: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal! (1144672)
Posted by Optimus1138 on November 9th, 2010 @ 4:24pm CST
This actually looks pretty good! I hadn't been expecting to like it very much, but since I'm hoping to join the club anyway for Sideburn, I might get this.
Re: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal! (1144684)
Posted by Mkall on November 9th, 2010 @ 5:04pm CST
I've got no interest in this figure, sorry.
Re: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal! (1144687)
Posted by TFBuyer on November 9th, 2010 @ 5:12pm CST
I think this is a pretty cool redeco! As an animated fan and a fan of some quirky TFs, this fits both. Very cool!
Re: Fun Pub Press release and Cheetor reveal! (1144697)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 9th, 2010 @ 5:35pm CST
I like his design. But too much green, in my opinion. I might make this my backup avatar.... nah, I'll just keep the one I have right now. I like the current one. ;)

Ending Soon On eBay

Hasbro Transformers Generations Deluxe Windblade Action Figure With Comic book - Time Remaining: 5 days 3 hours 17 minutes 15 seconds
Transformers G1 Landcross incomplete Metamorphs SL-660 Multiforce Corps - Time Remaining: 4 days 14 hours 6 minutes 45 seconds
TRANSFORMERS * THE MOVIE - BETA RARE - 1986 Eric Idle Orson Welles 1st Pressing - Time Remaining: 4 days 11 hours 22 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars Mirage Prowl Sunstreaker Ironhide Optimus Prime MISB - Time Remaining: 6 days 2 hours 37 minutes 59 seconds
1986 Transformers G1 Canadian Protectobots Defensor 100% Complete With Box - Time Remaining: 4 days 11 hours 8 minutes 18 seconds
Vtg 1986 Hasbro Takara G1 Transformers TRYPTICON Dinosaur Big Figure ORIGINAL - Time Remaining: 4 days 10 hours 8 minutes 30 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Grimlock 2009 Toys R Us Exclusive  New - Time Remaining: 3 days 20 hours 40 minutes 2 seconds
Transformers Timelines Collectors Club AIRAZOR NEW MIB - Time Remaining: 6 days 9 hours 29 minutes 15 seconds
Website Security Test