Further Details on Takara Tomy Encore #23 Fortress Maximus

Transformers News: Further Details on Takara Tomy Encore #23 Fortress Maximus

Sunday, March 10th, 2013 11:59AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 21,162

A recent issue of Figure Oh magazine reveals a trio of additional details on Takara Tomy's soone to be released and highly anticipated Encore #23 Fortress Maximus. First, unlike recent Encore releases who come packaged in plastic trays Fortress Maximus will come packed in a foam just like the original G1 version. Second, the Master Sword can be disassembled due to having painted details rather than stickers. Third, his eyes will also be painted on rather than stickers like the original.

Encore #23 Fortress Maximus is due to release next month. Visit any of our fine sponsor to pre-order yours today!
Re: Further Details on Takara Tomy Encore #23 Fortress Maximus (1470802)
Posted by Dark Ops on March 10th, 2013 @ 12:06pm CDT
Re: Further Details on Takara Tomy Encore #23 Fortress Maximus (1470803)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on March 10th, 2013 @ 12:10pm CDT
Dark Ops wrote:Is it strange that one of my thoughts after all of this is "I'm going to need a new Grail to chase after I get this. Dammit!" ?

No. There's a lot of people who are gonna be thinking that. I'm one of them.
Re: Further Details on Takara Tomy Encore #23 Fortress Maximus (1470805)
Posted by Dark Ops on March 10th, 2013 @ 12:14pm CDT
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:

No. There's a lot of people who are gonna be thinking that. I'm one of them.

Oh good. Well, there's always Overlord! Wooo!
Re: Further Details on Takara Tomy Encore #23 Fortress Maximus (1470832)
Posted by jgilkinson on March 10th, 2013 @ 1:44pm CDT
Figured on the foam... couldnt see how the plastic would be able to hold the weight o of this big boy. Also I had no idea the master sword would be included. I thought just the little one for cerebros would be included.
Re: Further Details on Takara Tomy Encore #23 Fortress Maximus (1470923)
Posted by triKlops on March 10th, 2013 @ 10:39pm CDT
really looking forward to getting him in.
this is just icing on the cake!!
Re: Further Details on Takara Tomy Encore #23 Fortress Maximus (1470945)
Posted by fenrir72 on March 11th, 2013 @ 2:07am CDT
Re: Further Details on Takara Tomy Encore #23 Fortress Maximus (1470951)
Posted by alldarker on March 11th, 2013 @ 4:42am CDT
fenrir72 wrote:Hope Greenpeace and the other treehugger wackos don't protest this development :lol:

It's been a good while since Takara or Hasbro used polystyrene, but it's still a very common packaging material, used for heavier products like electronics. I hardly think Greenpeace has any specific problems with this usage of polystyrene (lets face it: a lot more people are going to be keeping their FM in its polystyrene packaging than their new TV, so very few FM foams will end up in a landfill or in the sea).

I guess both Takara and Hasbro just haven't made enough large Transformers in recent years!
Re: Further Details on Takara Tomy Encore #23 Fortress Maximus (1470952)
Posted by Sinnertwin on March 11th, 2013 @ 4:46am CDT
Cool. At least for those of us out there who would prefer an original, there are the slight aesthetic differences. Is it enough to necessitate spending $1000+ ? That's another discussion.

Ending Soon On eBay

1984 Transformers G1 **SKYWARP** MIB 100% Complete w/ Box NEAR MINT C9 - Time Remaining: 4 days 6 hours 34 minutes 56 seconds
5 G1 Transformers Dinobots GRIMLOCK SWOOP SLUDGE SNARL SLAG Complete Box C9.5 - Time Remaining: 4 days 7 hours 36 minutes 10 seconds
Transformers generation leader class custom jetfire - Time Remaining: 3 days 15 hours 6 minutes 32 seconds
1988-1989 G1 Transformers Micromasters MEGA LOT Nice C9 Condition With Card Back - Time Remaining: 4 days 14 hours 37 minutes 5 seconds
Transformers generation leader class custom jetfire - Time Remaining: 3 days 15 hours 6 minutes 55 seconds
Transformers Universe Classics Ultra Silverbolt Action Figure 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 4 days 21 hours 16 minutes 40 seconds
Transformers Universe Classics Ultra Class Onslaught 100% Complete! - Time Remaining: 4 days 21 hours 32 minutes 1 second
G1 Transformers Landfill w/Flintrock - 1987 Hasbro/Takara G1 Autobot - Time Remaining: 10 days 3 hours 35 minutes 51 seconds
Website Security Test