Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

G1 Scorponok first shot on ebay!

Transformers News: G1 Scorponok first shot on ebay!

Monday, December 8th, 2008 10:35AM CST

Categories: Auctions, Toy News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 17,953

From the same seller that keeps selling toy prototypes and mock ups we once again have a rare production sample of a toy from the past. This time it's G1 Citiformer Scorponok.

This auction is for a rare, vintage G1 Scorponok prototype. This piece is a first shot sticker sample. A first shot is an early representation of the toy that is sent from the vendor to the manufacture for approval. First shots rarely have any legal or copyright information stamped into the toy and this piece exhibits no legal or copyright stamps anywhere. In addition, this sample was used as a sticker study for the toy. Many of the stickers have been hand cut, coloured and applied. This was done in an attempt to finalize the location, placement and colour of the stickers for the final production toy. Prototypes and samples for the G1 line rarely surface, Scorponok prototypes surface even less often.

{L_IMAGE}
To see the auction an all images maybe even buy it just click here.

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news.
Credit(s): Zeds
Re: G1 Scorponok first shot on ebay! (847232)
Posted by UltraPrimal on December 8th, 2008 @ 10:45am CST
G1 prototype or Encore reissue? One can hope. Why does he have Predakings foot?
Re: G1 Scorponok first shot on ebay! (847234)
Posted by Dead Metal on December 8th, 2008 @ 10:48am CST
UltraPrimal wrote:G1 prototype or Encore reissue? One can hope. Why does he have Predakings foot?

Because he thought it was an awesome trophy after he killed him!
Re: G1 Scorponok first shot on ebay! (847239)
Posted by Starscream on December 8th, 2008 @ 10:53am CST
OLD NEWS
Re: G1 Scorponok first shot on ebay! (847240)
Posted by Dead Metal on December 8th, 2008 @ 10:58am CST
Starscream wrote:OLD NEWS

IT WASN'T POSTED ON HERE BEFORE! IF YOU KNEW ABOUT IT WHY DIDN'T YOU SHARE THE INFO IT WOULD HAVE BEEN APPRECIATED!
DAMN ALL CAPS LOCK IS AWESOME!
Re: G1 Scorponok first shot on ebay! (847245)
Posted by Bouncy X on December 8th, 2008 @ 11:04am CST
ha...i still have mine. the box isnt in the best condition but the toy itself is in mint condition, so mint that its still hard and awkward to move his arms and legs, hence why i didnt play with him a lot as a kid. lol

though it was fun using him to destroy my lego buildings. :grin:
Re: G1 Scorponok first shot on ebay! (847258)
Posted by mattyc1007 on December 8th, 2008 @ 11:33am CST
Dead Metal wrote:
Starscream wrote:OLD NEWS

DAMN ALL CAPS LOCK IS AWESOME!

calm down man, or is that why they call you dead metal?, anyway youre the one who posted it first and i credit you for telling us! just calm down if it is "old news" i A havnt been on the forums looking sice my computer blew up, yes it was horrible and trajic, and B if anyone dose find in they should have it Front Paged and Credited like you have done, so calm down, have a beer if youre old enough and if you have one and chill out, otherwise on the matter having a scorponok hand coloured seems pretty cool, only if the guy was blind there may be a slight problem, you would have to be good at staying in the lines, huh what do you think of that pun hehe, am i more that meets the eye or just annoying hehe :mrgreen: anyhoo did scorpy G1 have ratchet or just swivel joints i woldnt know due to i havent got any g1s :-(
Re: G1 Scorponok first shot on ebay! (847262)
Posted by Overcracker on December 8th, 2008 @ 11:37am CST

A "first shot sticker sample" c'mon.
Re: G1 Scorponok first shot on ebay! (847283)
Posted by Dead Metal on December 8th, 2008 @ 12:05pm CST
mattyc1007 wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
Starscream wrote:OLD NEWS

DAMN ALL CAPS LOCK IS AWESOME!

I only posted in all Caps to show that guy how annoying it is. I am perfectly calm.
Re: G1 Scorponok first shot on ebay! (847304)
Posted by bgrngod on December 8th, 2008 @ 12:26pm CST
Dead Metal wrote:
Starscream wrote:OLD NEWS

DAMN ALL CAPS LOCK IS AWESOME!

Dead Metal wrote:No I didn't find the auction Zeds did that's why the credit goes to him on the news page.

It's the exclamation points that make you sound not-calm! Do you see how replacing question marks with them doesn't help either!

As for this Prototype fig. Neatorific?
Re: G1 Scorponok first shot on ebay! (847308)
Posted by Dead Metal on December 8th, 2008 @ 12:32pm CST
bgrngod wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
Starscream wrote:OLD NEWS

DAMN ALL CAPS LOCK IS AWESOME!

As for this Prototype fig. Neatorific?

Just so you know I was shouting at him to show him how annoyed I am. I mean it must be pretty obvious that all Caps and ! make a pretty aggressive statement which dose not mean that I have to be not-calm.
And I don't see how big a issue this can be that it has to derail the thread.
Re: G1 Scorponok first shot on ebay! (847314)
Posted by mattyc1007 on December 8th, 2008 @ 12:41pm CST
sorry about that then, and sorry about nearly derailing the topic, its just most people are angry when they use caps to me. sorry didnt mean to make you look as wide open as a book. :-( please forgive me "we are not worthy, we are not worthy", but as said i would not buy that figure didnt even bother to look at the auction
Re: G1 Scorponok first shot on ebay! (847352)
Posted by Dead Metal on December 8th, 2008 @ 1:50pm CST
It's all good.
Re: G1 Scorponok first shot on ebay! (847357)
Posted by dragons on December 8th, 2008 @ 2:02pm CST
someone needs to tell these guys if your going to try & rip off a buyer on ebay at least do it with the right price 800.00 fro scorponok shell no face, weapons, mini onc what so ever parts of his tail is missing.

gtreat find bad price
Re: G1 Scorponok first shot on ebay! (847362)
Posted by StarThunderWarp on December 8th, 2008 @ 2:05pm CST
Re: G1 Scorponok first shot on ebay! (847365)
Posted by Dead Metal on December 8th, 2008 @ 2:06pm CST
Skyscream wrote:All right Scorponok! The single greatest misspelled name in TF history! :APPLAUSE:

Damn again? Oh it's just a k instead of a c. still closer then Devistartor.
Re: G1 Scorponok first shot on ebay! (847437)
Posted by Stormrider on December 8th, 2008 @ 4:06pm CST
Overcracker wrote:I'm starting to get a feeling this guy is just getting old incomplete g1 figures and doing things to them and then coming up with these convoluted explanations of what they are. And then selling them for 800 bucks?

A "first shot sticker sample" c'mon.

I have to agree. Things like this are hard to varify as prototypes or "first shots". The only thing you can go by is the seller's reputation; but even that becomes questionable if they are auctioning several prototypes. At some point the question comes up "why does this person have some many prototypes?"
Re: G1 Scorponok first shot on ebay! (847450)
Posted by Zeds on December 8th, 2008 @ 4:13pm CST
Stormrider wrote:

A "first shot sticker sample" c'mon.

I must admit that this same thought has crossed my mind. He would only have to sand down the coyright stamps and do up his own stickers and there we have a "first shot." This may be the reason why the auction is still running. It is the belieability factor at play. Plus the world economy is pretty much DOA!
Re: G1 Scorponok first shot on ebay! (847451)
Posted by Zeds on December 8th, 2008 @ 4:16pm CST
Dead Metal wrote:

Because he thought it was an awesome trophy after he killed him!

I vote for best answer on this thread!
Re: G1 Scorponok first shot on ebay! (847516)
Posted by Rated X on December 8th, 2008 @ 6:44pm CST
I REMEMBER WHEN THIS TOY FIRST CAME OUT. WHERE IS THE HEADMASTER ??? I WOULD NEVER SPEND 800 BUCKS...ESPECALLY IF I DONT EVEN GET THE HEAD WITH IT.
Re: G1 Scorponok first shot on ebay! (847517)
Posted by Rated X on December 8th, 2008 @ 6:47pm CST
I REMEMBER WHEN THIS TOY FIRST CAME OUT. BUT WHERE IS THE HEADMASTER ??? I WOULD NEVER SPEND 800 BUCKS...ESPECIALLY IF I DONT EVEN GET THE HEAD.
Re: G1 Scorponok first shot on ebay! (847822)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on December 9th, 2008 @ 10:40am CST
Dead Metal wrote:
Starscream wrote:OLD NEWS

DAMN ALL CAPS LOCK IS AWESOME!

No, it is not awesome.

Everyone Rated X I don't know who you are but cut it out with the caps lock as well.
Re: G1 Scorponok first shot on ebay! (847824)
Posted by Dead Metal on December 9th, 2008 @ 10:44am CST
Cyber Bishop wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
Starscream wrote:OLD NEWS

DAMN ALL CAPS LOCK IS AWESOME!

No, it is not awesome.