G1 Transformers Valentines Appearing At Retail

Transformers News: G1 Transformers Valentines Appearing At Retail

Sunday, January 12th, 2014 1:28AM CST

Categories: Sightings, Collectables
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 23,557

Thanks to several submissions over on the Seibertron.com Facebook page, we now have confirmed sightings, with pictures and pricing.

There are two variants of this set, the first of which features Bumblebee and comes with 27 lenticular valentines. These valentines feature changing images when the card is moved from left to right.

The second set features Powermaster Optimus Prime on the cover and includes 34 valentines and 35 temporary tattoos.

Both are priced at $3.99 and have been sighted at King Soopers, Krogers, Target and K-Mart. Wal*Mart usually carries items such as these and can't be too far behind.

Transformers News: G1 Transformers Valentines Appearing At Retail

Transformers News: G1 Transformers Valentines Appearing At Retail

Transformers News: G1 Transformers Valentines Appearing At Retail

Update: Seibertron, the person, provided a new packaging picture, this time featuring Megatron on the cover, the smallest amount at 16 lenticulars per package and a lowered price of $2.50. We've provided those pictures below.

Transformers News: G1 Transformers Valentines Appearing At Retail

Transformers News: G1 Transformers Valentines Appearing At Retail

Credit(s): Shirley Cheung, Jen Beard, Seibertron
Re: G1 Transformers Valentines Appearing At Retail (1541287)
Posted by ScoutBumblebee on January 12th, 2014 @ 1:32am CST
Re: G1 Transformers Valentines Appearing At Retail (1541291)
Posted by Autobot032 on January 12th, 2014 @ 1:41am CST
ScoutBumblebee wrote:My kids are not "valentine" age. I have no reason to buy them. And yet... I must have them. I'll be headed out tomorrow to look for them just because I want them! :-B

Hey, hey, hey! We are all valentine age. Especially if Optimus and Bumblebee are plastered all over the front. Heck, I'll label some to myself from myself because they're awesome.

Valentine age. Pfft.
Re: G1 Transformers Valentines Appearing At Retail (1541293)
Posted by ScoutBumblebee on January 12th, 2014 @ 1:48am CST
Ha! Yes. That reminds me, I may need multiple boxes because my kids will certainly want to play with some, little TF fans that they are. Ooh, I'm excited.
Re: G1 Transformers Valentines Appearing At Retail (1541298)
Posted by RhA on January 12th, 2014 @ 2:33am CST
...what handsome bastard would have the need to use 27 of these?
Re: G1 Transformers Valentines Appearing At Retail (1541299)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on January 12th, 2014 @ 2:52am CST
wasnt expecting to see the original G1 box art
Re: G1 Transformers Valentines Appearing At Retail (1541300)
Posted by Burn on January 12th, 2014 @ 3:04am CST
Swear to God you'd better be getting me a complete set Va'al or we're going to be having one hell of a "discussion" >:oP
Re: G1 Transformers Valentines Appearing At Retail (1541307)
Posted by Heckfire on January 12th, 2014 @ 4:11am CST
Re: G1 Transformers Valentines Appearing At Retail (1541311)
Posted by Dr Va'al on January 12th, 2014 @ 4:25am CST
RhA wrote:...what handsome bastard would have the need to use 27 of these?

Yeah, surely 24 will do. :-B
Re: G1 Transformers Valentines Appearing At Retail (1541315)
Posted by Deathsanras on January 12th, 2014 @ 5:04am CST
Nothing says "I love you, be mine" like a robot civil war toy franchise.
Re: G1 Transformers Valentines Appearing At Retail (1541316)
Posted by Dr Va'al on January 12th, 2014 @ 5:11am CST
To be fair, my favourite comics valentines will always be the promo material for the Remender Venom series. :D

Re: G1 Transformers Valentines Appearing At Retail (1541322)
Posted by Autobot032 on January 12th, 2014 @ 6:09am CST
Deathsanras wrote:Nothing says "I love you, be mine" like a robot civil war toy franchise.

lolol too true.
Re: G1 Transformers Valentines Appearing At Retail (1541327)
Posted by Dr Va'al on January 12th, 2014 @ 6:36am CST
Autobot032 wrote:

lolol too true.

Oh don't be a bunch of Negatrons.
Re: G1 Transformers Valentines Appearing At Retail (1541328)
Posted by KnightStrike on January 12th, 2014 @ 6:47am CST
I have no valid reason to get these, but I am going to have to for pure nostalgia sake. These are too cool!
Re: G1 Transformers Valentines Appearing At Retail (1541334)
Posted by Emerje on January 12th, 2014 @ 7:25am CST
I love how these all have a giant 84 on them like that number means anything to kids.

Emerje
Re: G1 Transformers Valentines Appearing At Retail (1541337)
Posted by Morbalis on January 12th, 2014 @ 7:37am CST
RhA wrote:...what handsome bastard would have the need to use 27 of these?

Ha! I almost spit my drink out when I read this. Awesome!

I'll get a set of each if I can find them here in Tampa—so far no luck. Maybe we don't approve of giant robot love here in the Sunshine State.
Re: G1 Transformers Valentines Appearing At Retail (1541340)
Posted by ScoutBumblebee on January 12th, 2014 @ 8:31am CST

:lol:
Re: G1 Transformers Valentines Appearing At Retail (1541365)
Posted by ScoutBumblebee on January 12th, 2014 @ 11:06am CST
Bumblebee cover with lenticular designs set found! They were even on sale. King Soopers (Kroger) had them in the regular Valentine displays. They had a Prime set, too, but I didn't pick those up.

When I was checking out, the cashier said, "Oh, your kids must be excited to give these out." I said, "Oh, no. My kids aren't in school yet. These are for me." She gave me a pretty weird side eye. :lol: But, it made me think I may buy another box and send them to family and friends... Because they don't think I'm weird enough already.

I'll be headed to Kmart on Monday to try and find the Optimus cover box, so I can pick up a couple sets of them, too.
Re: G1 Transformers Valentines Appearing At Retail (1541397)
Posted by Noideaforaname on January 12th, 2014 @ 12:47pm CST
It's weird how very 1984 these are. Kids probably wouldn't get it, and older fans probably wouldn't buy it.

Surprised they didn't do the obvious and had them "change" into their alt modes.

Heckfire wrote:

*gasp*
Re: G1 Transformers Valentines Appearing At Retail (1541402)
Posted by ScoutBumblebee on January 12th, 2014 @ 12:59pm CST
I think the main reason they're so 1984 is the 30th Anniversary. I don't necessarily agree that kids won't be into them, as my son LOVES the original series, and really enjoys it. However, I do accept that he is in the minority, so to speak, as being the kids of a TF obsessed parent. his TF experience is a bit more "in depth" than most kids. But I imagine some kids probably just think they look cool and choose them anyway, I dunno. I'll throw them in the "misc merch" part of my collection, as I think they're cool. :KREMZEEK:
Re: G1 Transformers Valentines Appearing At Retail (1541468)
Posted by Janus Prime on January 12th, 2014 @ 8:58pm CST
Hi guys. Can someone fill me in about what valentines are? stickers? cards?

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Premium BUMBLEBEE Deluxe Concept Camaro MOSC Movie VHTF - Time Remaining: 9 days 50 minutes 21 seconds
TRANSFORMERS CLASSIC G1 RID MEGATRON DECEPTICON MISB - Time Remaining: 1 day 15 hours 50 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers TakasaTony Masterpiece C MP-18B Bluestreak KO! V - Time Remaining: 9 days 2 hours 38 minutes 33 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Generations RID Deluxe Class Autobot WARPATH Figure NEW Sealed MOSC - Time Remaining: 2 days 1 hour 8 minutes 11 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Generations RID Deluxe Class Autobot WHEELJACK Figure NEW Sealed - Time Remaining: 2 days 1 hour 8 minutes 7 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Generations RTS Reveal The Shield PERCEPTOR Deluxe NEW Sealed MOSC - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 53 minutes 11 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Generations Classic Deluxe Class Junkion JUNKHEAP Sealed NEW MOSC! - Time Remaining: 2 days 1 hour 53 minutes 11 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 2007 First Movie Target Exclsv G1 Deluxe JAZZ Lot of 2 Sealed NEW! - Time Remaining: 1 day 14 hours 8 minutes 21 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #148 - And Rom The Space Knight
"And Rom The Space Knight"
Posted: Monday, June 27th, 2016