Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

G2 Laser Optimus Prime Prototype Images

Transformers News: G2 Laser Optimus Prime Prototype Images

Monday, April 29th, 2013 10:48PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 15,168

The Space-Bridge facebook page has been quietly sharing a multitude of rare prototype images over the past few months, and today never seen before prototype images of G2 Laser Optimus Prime were posted. As you can see in the images we've mirrored below for those without facebook access the prototype trailer included many features that never made it into the production figure including Roller! For comparative purposes the Seibertron.com gallery of G2 Laser Optimus Prime can be found by clicking here. As previously mentioned The Space-Bridge has several more rare prototype images available, which include G1 Octane, G1 Insecticons, and more. Click here to visit The Space-Bridge facebook page.

G2 Laser Optimus Prime Prototype Images

G2 Laser Optimus Prime Prototype Images

G2 Laser Optimus Prime Prototype Images

G2 Laser Optimus Prime Prototype Images

G2 Laser Optimus Prime Prototype Images

G2 Laser Optimus Prime Prototype Images

G2 Laser Optimus Prime Prototype Images
Credit(s): The Space-Bridge
Re: G2 Laser Optimus Prime Prototype Images (1483257)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on April 29th, 2013 @ 11:49pm CDT
ALL OF MY MONEY! That looks so awesome! I'd buy the sh*t out of it!
Re: G2 Laser Optimus Prime Prototype Images (1483260)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on April 30th, 2013 @ 12:04am CDT
The tower has ROTORS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

And two Dreadwing-esgue Gatling-missile-launchers?!?!?!?!?!

Holy-green-or-red-Slag, they really did try to incorporate EVERY damn G2 gimmick into Laser OP!
(Including Roller is sorta' half of "Auto-Roller", right?)

I don't know if this makes me feel better or worse about passing the actual toy up back in '95.
Re: G2 Laser Optimus Prime Prototype Images (1483261)
Posted by njb902 on April 30th, 2013 @ 12:17am CDT
I'm not sure if this is a dumb question or not, but is this a recent photo gallery or is this from the 90's?
Re: G2 Laser Optimus Prime Prototype Images (1483265)
Posted by reluttr on April 30th, 2013 @ 12:57am CDT
Holy crap it is gigantic!...yet its so...

Re: G2 Laser Optimus Prime Prototype Images (1483286)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on April 30th, 2013 @ 6:27am CDT
i wish i had a G2 laser prime. :-(
Re: G2 Laser Optimus Prime Prototype Images (1483296)
Posted by GuyIncognito on April 30th, 2013 @ 7:50am CDT
Third-parties, get on this now! Make one to go with RTS Optimus Prime!
Re: G2 Laser Optimus Prime Prototype Images (1483314)
Posted by fenrir72 on April 30th, 2013 @ 8:45am CDT
ummmmmmmmm Wow! :BOWDOWN:
Re: G2 Laser Optimus Prime Prototype Images (1483355)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 30th, 2013 @ 11:10am CDT
Now all he needs is to have his colors change in water, his engine become his gun, a radar assembly that becomes another gun, at least one "pressure-launch" style missile, Roller be 1:64-scale, an autotransform rolling gimmick for Roller (even if it's only minimal), a sparkling gimmick, a water-squirking gimmick, and a pull-back motor gimmick, to be the ultimate combination of G2 gimmicks. :michaelbay: :KREMZEEK: :michaelbay:
Re: G2 Laser Optimus Prime Prototype Images (1483377)
Posted by cor2879 on April 30th, 2013 @ 12:37pm CDT
I did pick up Laser Optimus back in the day, and have manged to keep him mostly intact (though I believe there may be a missile or two missing). This has always been one of my favorite versions of Optimus and on of my favorite TF molds in general, though I would love to see one with a more traditional G1 paint job.

This prototype looks incredible. As much of a fan of Laser Optimus as I am, the final product pales in comparison to what it could have, and should have, been.
Re: G2 Laser Optimus Prime Prototype Images (1483472)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 30th, 2013 @ 7:56pm CDT

Anyway, as a proud owner of a 100% complete original, I dont feel the need to own this. The original is more posable than a master yoga monk! Plus that base mode is ridiculously interactive. What more do you need?
Re: G2 Laser Optimus Prime Prototype Images (1483485)
Posted by NTESHFT on April 30th, 2013 @ 8:51pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Look awfully like a 3rd party produckt. Did the all-mighty El Duque missed the appropriate forum?

Yeah, this does look too good to be a Hasbro product (unless this is Takara), I'm a little skeptical, but unlike you, I do not have the original, so oh yeah....i want this!

:KREMZEEK: Kremzeek dance of joy.
Re: G2 Laser Optimus Prime Prototype Images (1483496)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 30th, 2013 @ 10:52pm CDT
headsortails wrote:

:KREMZEEK: Kremzeek dance of joy.
I don't own an original, but I do own the Car Robots Black Convoy is all its black, shiny goodness. 8)
Re: G2 Laser Optimus Prime Prototype Images (1483543)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 1st, 2013 @ 5:04am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
headsortails wrote:

:KREMZEEK: Kremzeek dance of joy.

Showoff. I-)

Regarding its status as a prototype, it's not uncommon for prototype designs to be extremely simplified as the development progresses no matter how good it looks, or even be redesigned from the ground up. Look up the Armada Hot Shot prototype to see what I mean. And if it's a 3rd Party prototype, try to explain the Laser Optimus Prime prototype that appears as well which looks extremely close to the final toy.
Re: G2 Laser Optimus Prime Prototype Images (1483593)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 1st, 2013 @ 10:16am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Showoff. I-)
To be fair, he lacks any and ll of Laser OP's electronics, and I didn't get him until BotCon 2010 since I kept passing on Scourge back in the day. :oops:

Also, The Spacebridge posted four more pics, this time of the packaging:

Re: G2 Laser Optimus Prime Prototype Images (1483604)
Posted by Noideaforaname on May 1st, 2013 @ 10:48am CDT
"Big Ol' Tower"
"Some sort of bucket"
"Optimus Prime [random keyboard smashings] the end!"
Charlie Brown as a stand-in for the profile pic!
:lol:
Re: G2 Laser Optimus Prime Prototype Images (1483950)
Posted by ScottyP on May 2nd, 2013 @ 9:52am CDT
Oh man. Rotor Force gimmick too? Wish they'd kept that, rotor force is entirely underrated.
Re: G2 Laser Optimus Prime Prototype Images (1483983)
Posted by El Duque on May 2nd, 2013 @ 12:18pm CDT

Negative, this is indeed a prototype of the official figure.
Re: G2 Laser Optimus Prime Prototype Images (1484201)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 3rd, 2013 @ 9:35am CDT
El Duque wrote:

Negative, this is indeed a prototype of the official figure.

I must admit, my curiosity is picked. I'll have to wait for the final product andto know when and where the thing will be sold and for how much.
Re: G2 Laser Optimus Prime Prototype Images (1484202)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 3rd, 2013 @ 9:38am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
El Duque wrote:

Negative, this is indeed a prototype of the official figure.

It's a prototype of a figure released in 1995 during Generation 2. It's not new at all, just a historical curiousity.
Re: G2 Laser Optimus Prime Prototype Images (1484203)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 3rd, 2013 @ 9:43am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
El Duque wrote:

Negative, this is indeed a prototype of the official figure.

Wait. You mean it.s the actal prototype of the G2 OP?.
All right, I think I'm covered.

Re: G2 Laser Optimus Prime Prototype Images (1484207)
Posted by Mkall on May 3rd, 2013 @ 10:25am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:For those of you who dont have a G2 Laser OP with trailer, go buy it now. The original is easely found on Ebay at a reasonable price.

Indeed, even though the final product was apparently neutered, it's a pretty damn good figure; most likely the best of the G2 line.