Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Gallery of Botcon Shattered Glass Starscream!

Transformers News: Gallery of Botcon Shattered Glass Starscream!

Wednesday, December 24th, 2008 1:06PM CST

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Nekoman   Views: 33,831

The Toy Gallery section has made it’s update today with the 2008 Botcon exclusive Starscream figure. Click here to view a total 90 images of this figure!

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}

Also be sure to stop by the Convention & Club Exclusives section to see more great galleries of figures from this year’s Botcon and more.
Credit(s): Seibertron
Re: Gallery of Botcon Shattered Glass Starscream! (855653)
Posted by Forgotten on December 24th, 2008 @ 1:45pm CST
looks like jetfire. :-?
Re: Gallery of Botcon Shattered Glass Starscream! (855655)
Posted by Mkall on December 24th, 2008 @ 1:53pm CST
forgotten wrote:looks like jetfire. :-?

That was the point.

I loved the Shattered Glass line of figures, I hope that we'll see a few more over the years.
Re: Gallery of Botcon Shattered Glass Starscream! (855657)
Posted by UltraPrimal on December 24th, 2008 @ 1:55pm CST
Re: Gallery of Botcon Shattered Glass Starscream! (855686)
Posted by Sunstar on December 24th, 2008 @ 2:43pm CST
I expect the shattered glass jetfire will be like Starscream then.
Re: Gallery of Botcon Shattered Glass Starscream! (855687)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 24th, 2008 @ 2:47pm CST
forgotten wrote:looks like jetfire. :-?

That has s special backstory to it: in one of the comic continuities, Starscream and Jetfire were friends (Before the Great War I think?), but became enemies when Starscream showed lust for power.
Re: Gallery of Botcon Shattered Glass Starscream! (855755)
Posted by mattyc1007 on December 24th, 2008 @ 4:24pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
forgotten wrote:looks like jetfire. :-?

what power?
Re: Gallery of Botcon Shattered Glass Starscream! (855773)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 24th, 2008 @ 4:56pm CST
mattyc1007 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
forgotten wrote:looks like jetfire. :-?

what power?

Basically, he joined the Decepticon cause, so Jetfire did too out of loyalty. But Jetfire didn't like the destruction Starscream was doing, so he joined the Autobots instead.

I have a feeling Shattered Glass Starscream has a connection with the Jetfire of that Universe too with Jetfire as an Evil Autobot. Should Hasbro want to release a Shattered Glass Jetfire like that, they should base his deco on this guy, G1 Jetfire's predecessor:

Macross Super Valkyrie VF-1S (Reissue)
Re: Gallery of Botcon Shattered Glass Starscream! (855943)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 24th, 2008 @ 11:32pm CST
Re: Gallery of Botcon Shattered Glass Starscream! (856223)
Posted by UltraPrimal on December 25th, 2008 @ 7:44pm CST
I think that would be cool if they did Classics Jetfire in Skull Leader colors. But Harmony Gold or Toynami would probably sue FunPub and Hasbros collective asses.
Re: Gallery of Botcon Shattered Glass Starscream! (856247)
Posted by Seibertron on December 25th, 2008 @ 9:40pm CST
UltraPrimal wrote:I'm surprized there weren't already galleries for the Shattered Glass figures. Were they lost in that flood a while back?

Nope ... all of the Shattered Glass galleries were launched last May except for Starscream. I wasn't happy with Starscream's pics at the time and had planned on retaking the photos at some point. After taking a look at them the other day and realizing how far behind I am on other galleries, I decided that the pics were good enough to get posted finally because I won't have time to get back to them any time soon.

Galleries of the Shattered Glass figures can be found here: http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... usives/37/
Re: Gallery of Botcon Shattered Glass Starscream! (856248)
Posted by Seibertron on December 25th, 2008 @ 9:42pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Too bad there were no pics to compare him with Henkei Skyfire, in addition to the ones with Classics Jetfire.

I had really wanted to add a few pics of Starscream with Classics Jetfire but I never had time to complete them and I've got too many other galleries in the works right now that have a much higher precedence.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #99 - Penultimate