Generations 2014 Series 01 Second Run

Transformers News: Generations 2014 Series 01 Second Run

Friday, May 2nd, 2014 12:24AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 11,922

Great news of those of you who had trouble finding the Transformers Deluxe Wave featuring Dreadwing, Goldfire, Waspinator, and Skids! Site sponsor BigBadToyStore has listed a new pre-order for an upcoming run of the aforementioned figures scheduled to arrive in September. The set of four is price at $59.99. Click here to view the pre-order page.

Transformers News: Generations 2014 Series 01 Second Run
Credit(s): BBTS

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Generations 2014 Series 01 Second Run (1570657)
Posted by Noideaforaname on May 2nd, 2014 @ 12:33am CDT
Well that's good, though September sounds awfully far off for, y'know, things that already exist. Or are they just know making this batch and it'll take them that long to get here? (genuine question, not trying to being snarky)

Does this mean AoE will have a really short run? Classics and Movie are the same line now, is May-August Movie stuff and September+ Classics (both restocks and new releases)? Or am I completely misunderstanding all of this?
Re: Generations 2014 Series 01 Second Run (1570660)
Posted by craggy on May 2nd, 2014 @ 12:38am CDT
Shelves will probably still be full of AOE anyway, so I'm not sure how many of these will turn up at retail, but if TFSource get them on pre-order I might suffer the Bee just to get Skids and Waspy.
Re: Generations 2014 Series 01 Second Run (1570663)
Posted by Rated X on May 2nd, 2014 @ 12:53am CDT
Funny, the only one I didnt find in retail was bee. I found G2 dreadwing and skids in target and jumped on them. They were the only ones. Then I found waspy in a walmart and he was the only one. I jumped on it. I never saw any of them again anywhere. I wouldnt mind having bee just for the comic book. I wouldnt pay more than ten bucks including shipping.
Re: Generations 2014 Series 01 Second Run (1570675)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on May 2nd, 2014 @ 1:49am CDT
how much you want to bet they still wont show up in stores
Re: Generations 2014 Series 01 Second Run (1570680)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on May 2nd, 2014 @ 3:08am CDT
Good to hear. I've had these guys on preorder (at TfSource, but still) since December of last year. Kind of glad I found Waspinator and Skids out in the wild now.
Re: Generations 2014 Series 01 Second Run (1570708)
Posted by It Is Him on May 2nd, 2014 @ 6:28am CDT
Did BBTS say this is a second run?

I'm willing to bet BBTS got these from a distribution center somewhere, where these guys are just collecting dust. They'll probably be shelf-warming sometime before Christmas - Kinda like how Voyager Inferno was impossible to find, and then poof, Toys R Us was stuffed to the brims with him around the holidays.
Re: Generations 2014 Series 01 Second Run (1570731)
Posted by Susha on May 2nd, 2014 @ 7:34am CDT
There is NO way im giving a greedy retailer all that money for just skids.
this is a cheap marketing trick which reminds me of those horrible
adults that sell overpriced magic the gathering cards to children... booo
Re: Generations 2014 Series 01 Second Run (1570742)
Posted by Stormrider on May 2nd, 2014 @ 8:29am CDT

I would imagine that the marketing teams are coming up with manufacturing numbers during the planning phase, so how do they fall short?
Re: Generations 2014 Series 01 Second Run (1570754)
Posted by mooncake623 on May 2nd, 2014 @ 9:30am CDT
There's still a dreadwing in a comic store in my area. $20 bucks though. That's how I found a new skids after the one I had's ball joint snapped off when I tried to fix it's hips.
Re: Generations 2014 Series 01 Second Run (1570768)
Posted by Flashwave on May 2nd, 2014 @ 10:13am CDT
It Is Him wrote:Did BBTS say this is a second run?

WHATT!!!! wWhere???? I've missed every version of that mold to come stateside and I'm not happy abou that....
Re: Generations 2014 Series 01 Second Run (1570775)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on May 2nd, 2014 @ 10:25am CDT
Having only secured Waspinator last year, I'm certainly happy about this.

Just not as happy as I'd be if it was the Ruination wave, which I only ever saw in one store in my area, during two weeks when I couldn't afford them. Is perceived demand for the Wreckers so low that there's no chance of a second run, no matter how low supply was?
Re: Generations 2014 Series 01 Second Run (1570779)
Posted by warzon3 on May 2nd, 2014 @ 10:36am CDT
I'm not so high on wanting Skids anymore, if Takara ever makes a dark blue version, I will bite.
Re: Generations 2014 Series 01 Second Run (1570780)
Posted by Susha on May 2nd, 2014 @ 10:40am CDT
sad to say, but this puts me off even more from hasbro official produts.
3rd parties seem to generally do it better, In fact skids and wheeljack were the only
official products on this years list for me. changed my mind about wheeljack and while this
skids is a good looking figure, enough time has passed from when he featured prominently in MTMTE
so the hype is over.

All this might not seem relevant. What is though is that whether the case may be here (marketing strategy from developers or distributors) is that its ASTONISHING how hasbro, while taking extreme lengths towards obscure marketing strategies (for example telling Roberts he couldn't have Mirage on the Lost Light cos they had plans for him.... 2 years later and ... nothing) and then then let some greedy distributor inflate the prices of one of their strongest products of the moment (to adult/g1 tf fans Skids was one of the few non 3rd party really desirable figures).

Regardless, in the end, I have more love for fansproject, and other emerging 3rd party companies than for hasbro, which sadly, seldom fails to meet our needs, as they say the needs of kids is such a higher demographics to make our money irrelevant for them.. very well if they don't want my money I'm sure I can find some1 who does...
Re: Generations 2014 Series 01 Second Run (1570781)
Posted by Susha on May 2nd, 2014 @ 10:46am CDT
sorry to add to this but just to make it clear:

try explaining to someone who doesn't collect (wife, father, husband, collegue, whatever) why to get 1 figure worth some $20 you have to buy another 3 figures for a total of 60$
they will all tell you your an idiot if you bite.
and the fact that nobody will really ask this question just stresses how we all know its true deep down...
Re: Generations 2014 Series 01 Second Run (1570793)
Posted by GuyIncognito on May 2nd, 2014 @ 11:33am CDT
:roll:
Re: Generations 2014 Series 01 Second Run (1570803)
Posted by It Is Him on May 2nd, 2014 @ 11:53am CDT
Flashwave wrote:
It Is Him wrote:Did BBTS say this is a second run?

That was like 2009, maybe 2010.
Re: Generations 2014 Series 01 Second Run (1570810)
Posted by It Is Him on May 2nd, 2014 @ 12:02pm CDT
Stormrider wrote:Can someone explain how distribution works and fails? I don't understand how some toys come up extremely short in the U.S. markets, especially since Hasbro is HQ in the U.S and the U.S. makes up their largest market share for their line.

I have a pretty laymen's understanding off the supply chain (someone with some expertise feel free to correct any of this) A simple version of the supply chain is

Manufacturer (Hasbro) ---> Distribution Center ----> Retail (Toys 'R Us)

Toys get shipped by Hasbro to Distribution Centers, which then get shipped to Retail Stores.

There's a lot of reasons why supply could get out of whack, but primarily it comes down communication and expected sales.

If Target says they need 10,000 Generation Deluxe cases, but Hasbro sends 12,000, you're going to have 2,000 sitting in a Distribution Center somewhere, which might later end up at discount stores like Tuesday Morning or Ross. There are other variables to this situation, like retail ordering more than Hasbro can provide, etc.
Re: Generations 2014 Series 01 Second Run (1570816)
Posted by Susha on May 2nd, 2014 @ 12:12pm CDT
explanations are all very nice, but they don't fulfill the customers initial intent.

example.
Frank walks in restaurant (to eat) to be told the kitchen is closed.
Frank goes looking for another restaurant.

whatever the explanations is the result is
A)SKIDS: a wanted figure supposed to be available at $20 is only really found at $60
B) MP RAT BAT: Hasbro is providing info on MP ultra magnus in 20whatever while not providing information on if and when a figure that is worth some $20-40 alone at best is only obtainable at $120.

explanations are hypothesis
the results... well are under the light of the sun for all to see.

... I'm not trying to troll, rather express how I feel as a customer. I find it hard to believe that nobody else feels like this. not even those who have MP soundwave, want ratbat but not soundblaster? last time i checked in the park, tree's didn't grow $120 dollar notes...
Re: Generations 2014 Series 01 Second Run (1570822)
Posted by GuyIncognito on May 2nd, 2014 @ 12:27pm CDT
Transformers don't grow on trees, either.
Re: Generations 2014 Series 01 Second Run (1570826)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 2nd, 2014 @ 12:36pm CDT
It Is Him wrote:

Manufacturer (Hasbro) ---> Distribution Center ----> Retail (Toys 'R Us)

I think you're missing an important link here: the retail chain's warehouses. I know of at least one for my local stores in the (not-so) immediate area.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Bumblebee Pillow 13" Universal Studios Hollywood Collectible Plush - Time Remaining: 3 days 3 hours 37 minutes 47 seconds
TRANSFORMERS G1 TRU REISSUE  RED ALERT COMMEMORATIVE FIGURE - Time Remaining: 2 days 2 hours 8 minutes 42 seconds
Skywarp 2x Long Missiles Pair Vintage 1985 Hasbro G1 Transformers Action Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 1 hour 25 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers G2 Vintage Leader Class Megatron 2 missile lot NO SOUND WITH DAMAGE - Time Remaining: 2 days 15 hours 42 minutes 38 seconds
Transformers Beast Hunters - Optimus Prime - Autobot Leader - Ages 5 and up - Time Remaining: 3 days 4 hours 42 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers Ultimate Optimus Prime Dark of the Moon - Time Remaining: 2 days 21 hours 29 minutes 45 seconds
NOS Hasbro Transformers Animated Op Prime vs Megatron "The Battle Begins", w/DVD - Time Remaining: 1 day 17 hours 59 seconds
2 Roadblock Autorollers G2 Transformers Decepticon 1994 - Time Remaining: 2 days 16 hours 1 minute 30 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive