Generations Metroplex on sale at Costco for $49.97!

Saturday, December 7th, 2013 2:38PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Mindmaster   Views: 35,066

If you thought Generations Metroplex being on sale at Costco for a whopping price of $79.99 was absolute nuts, then check this out! Seibertron user Shockwave260 dropped by to let us know that the tallest Transformer is on sale at Costco for a staggering, wallet-friendly price of $49.97! Shockwave260 provided us with an image of this sale.

Transformers News: Costco Sale: Metroplex for $49.97!
Credit(s): Shockwave260
Re: Generations Metroplex on sale at Costco for $49.97! (1533737)
Posted by Manterax Prime on December 7th, 2013 @ 2:42pm CST
Well, this is sure to be good news for the Metroplex fans that are Costco members.
Re: Generations Metroplex on sale at Costco for $49.97! (1533738)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on December 7th, 2013 @ 2:55pm CST
Is this for Canada too? Or is it just Costco in the US?
Re: Generations Metroplex on sale at Costco for $49.97! (1533740)
Posted by gjcv1408 on December 7th, 2013 @ 3:08pm CST
couldnt find it at local costco so i gave up on it. good find for those where costco has them..
Re: Generations Metroplex on sale at Costco for $49.97! (1533742)
Posted by Shockwave260 on December 7th, 2013 @ 3:39pm CST
The sale was on a store's existing inventory. They didn't bring any in for this from what an employee told me. Our store is only a few months old so they opened with piles of these at first. There was about 15 or so when I was there today.
Re: Generations Metroplex on sale at Costco for $49.97! (1533743)
Posted by Blozor on December 7th, 2013 @ 3:56pm CST

There's a 3rd party company with plans to make their own Metroplex and I'm like WHYYYY. If you want to invest capital in something that scale, give us a damn Trypticon. We already have our Metroplex, and if it's having a hard time selling at $125, people are certainly not going to pay hundreds more for a knock-off.
Re: Generations Metroplex on sale at Costco for $49.97! (1533744)
Posted by YRQRM0 on December 7th, 2013 @ 3:58pm CST
Re: Generations Metroplex on sale at Costco for $49.97! (1533745)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on December 7th, 2013 @ 3:59pm CST
:-? Hmmm so it sounds like they were priced to go out the door consider the number they had. That's what it sounds like to me. What do you all think? I was lucky to have found one at a local Costco but to be a member at this location at this price is just phenomenal. Congrats on this great find man! ;)^ :VEHI:
Re: Generations Metroplex on sale at Costco for $49.97! (1533746)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 7th, 2013 @ 3:59pm CST
Blozor wrote:Wooooow, the price of these are dropping like Ospreys. I bet Hasbro won't be investing in a Generations Trypticon to go along with him anytime soon.

I think you need to take a look at your calendar and surroundings again...
Re: Generations Metroplex on sale at Costco for $49.97! (1533748)
Posted by Shockwave260 on December 7th, 2013 @ 4:16pm CST
YRQRM0 wrote:Dang, I got him there for 80, can't believe it would go any lower than that. Crazy how he's already 200 on ebay...

If you bought him in the last 30 days they will refund the difference. I got one a few weeks ago and they gave me the price difference back.
Re: Generations Metroplex on sale at Costco for $49.97! (1533749)
Posted by Triptykon on December 7th, 2013 @ 4:20pm CST
No Costco near me. Dammit, I want to pick this up pretty bad too.
Re: Generations Metroplex on sale at Costco for $49.97! (1533751)
Posted by Crosscheck on December 7th, 2013 @ 4:33pm CST
Re: Generations Metroplex on sale at Costco for $49.97! (1533753)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 7th, 2013 @ 4:39pm CST
Crosscheck wrote:All I want is a second rifle for my existing one. I might get a second one and take the rifle from it and convert the other one into a Decepticon city of some sort (I am thinking dark gray, purple, and light blue or dark gray, purple and orange color-scheme), and give it different handheld weapons (like a bazooka and a sword or something).

How about Zone Metrotitan?

Re: Generations Metroplex on sale at Costco for $49.97! (1533755)
Posted by gothsaurus on December 7th, 2013 @ 4:49pm CST
Sheesh. I can't even find one at full price in my state to buy. Makes me cranky.
Re: Generations Metroplex on sale at Costco for $49.97! (1533756)
Posted by Crosscheck on December 7th, 2013 @ 4:50pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:

How about Zone Metrotitan?

Naw. The story I came up with is that a Decepticon race car (repainted Scamper, working on a name) found a sleeping Metrotitan, and "reprogrammed" it into a Decepticon. The process drove the Metrotitan insanse, turning it into Monstrocity (note the spelling).
Re: Generations Metroplex on sale at Costco for $49.97! (1533757)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on December 7th, 2013 @ 4:51pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:

I'm hoping HasTak will do the right thing and give us this one. Change or alter the name for what ever reason and repaint Metroplex please! :VEHI:
Re: Generations Metroplex on sale at Costco for $49.97! (1533759)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 7th, 2013 @ 4:53pm CST
Crosscheck wrote:Monstrocity

You clever bastard. 8)
Re: Generations Metroplex on sale at Costco for $49.97! (1533761)
Posted by Crosscheck on December 7th, 2013 @ 5:22pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:
Crosscheck wrote:Monstrocity

You clever bastard. 8)

If I was clever, I would not have to plan a custom around a figure I want for one of his BFGs...
I will probably just end up waiting for one of the 3P rifles to come out, unless they cost the same as the whole Metroplex.

Maybe a big hammer instead of a gun. He has two guns anyway. A hammer works for a Transformer bent on destroying things. Plus, Monstrocity isn't supposed to be smart. I could work it into being a Tower for him too. As long as my Metroplex ends up with a second rifle in the process.
Re: Generations Metroplex on sale at Costco for $49.97! (1533770)
Posted by megatronus on December 7th, 2013 @ 6:52pm CST
This is glorious.

I got my Metroplex at CostCo for 80... but am strongly considering getting a second.
Re: Generations Metroplex on sale at Costco for $49.97! (1533774)
Posted by mooncake623 on December 7th, 2013 @ 7:49pm CST
wow at $50 I kind of want one. I can't be bother to go to a Costco though..
Re: Generations Metroplex on sale at Costco for $49.97! (1533780)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 7th, 2013 @ 8:12pm CST
GOD FAWKING DAMMIT AMERICA!

...

...

Seriously, I'll pass on making the usual jelly tamper tantrum and ask if there's a nice American out there who could be kind enough to middleman me one at that price. Even the 45$ of shipping it would cost would be worth it.

Ending Soon On eBay

original G1 Transformers DARKWING POWERMASTER THROTTLE part - Time Remaining: 4 days 18 hours 47 minutes 12 seconds
Transformers Movie  EVAC Voyager 2007 Movie Figure - Time Remaining: 18 days 1 hour 47 minutes 29 seconds
Vintage Transformers G1: Inferno+Extinguisher Gun/Rifle & Hose Nozzle x2+Ladder! - Time Remaining: 4 days 16 hours 4 minutes 1 second
SDCC 2015 - Hasbro KRE-O Cybertron TRANSFORMERS Kreon Class of 1985 - Time Remaining: 4 days 15 hours 34 minutes 59 seconds
Vintage Transformers G1: Jazz w/ Rear Windshield & Spoilers - Time Remaining: 3 days 12 hours 23 minutes 17 seconds
OPTIMUS PRIMAL-PRIME-1ST VERSION-GORILLA-TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS - Time Remaining: 3 days 12 hours 54 minutes 19 seconds
TransFormers Movie 2007 Deep Space Silver StarScream F-22 MISB G1 Target Exc - Time Remaining: 3 days 11 hours 40 minutes 4 seconds
Transformers G2 BULLETBIKE POWERMASTERS Decepticon Figure 1994 Hasbro VTG RARE - Time Remaining: 5 days 8 hours 26 minutes
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #159 - Imperfect Specks