Generations Wreck-Gar is Coming! More Revealed via Wal*Mart Listings

Transformers News: Generations Wreck-Gar is Coming! More Revealed via Wal*Mart Listings

Monday, September 20th, 2010 8:05PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors, Store News
Posted by: Anonymous.   Views: 106,261

T.V. We talk T.V. You talk some T.V.?

If you thought Generation One cartoon characters were being neglected in Generations, think again. While the line has been dominated so far by War For Cybertron toys, comic book characters and seeker repaints, we found out at BotCon/Cybertron Convention that we were getting more. Now thanks to alt.toy.transformers and the Allspark, we can add some more names to the list. Wreck-Gar is new, and it is possible that G1 Optimus Prime and G1 Bumblebee will get new deluxe figures too.

TRA DLX PERCEPTOR UPC 6-53569-56571
TRA DLX OPTIMUS PRM UPC 6-53569-56572
TRA DLX BUMBLEBEE UPC 6-53569-57672
TRA DLX FALLBACK UPC 6-53569-55797
TRA DLX MINDSET UPC 6-53569-55799
TRA DLX SPL OPS JAZ UPC 6-53569-5580
TRA DLX TURBO TRACK UPC 6-53569-55801
TRA DLX WRECKGAR UPC 6-53569-56573

Perceptor, Special Ops Jazz, and Turbo Tracks are all new figures in the Generations line. Among Movie Deluxes will be Mindset, a repaint of Hailstorm, and Fallback, a repaint of Brawn.

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the latest Transformers toy news on the net!
Credit(s): Allspark.com, alt.toys.transformers
Re: Generations Wreck-Gar is Coming! More Revealed via Wal*Mart Listings (1126887)
Posted by adamassc on September 20th, 2010 @ 8:06pm CDT
YEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WRECKGAR!!

*ahem* sorry, I'm rather excited by the possibility of an updated Junkion.

Don't get me wrong, TFA Wreckgar is awesome, but he's not G1.
Re: Generations Wreck-Gar is Coming! More Revealed via Wal*Mart Listings (1126888)
Posted by guardianprime on September 20th, 2010 @ 8:08pm CDT
........

......

OHHH!!! i thought that optimus and bumble bee were refering to the legends class that optimus is getting (and thought maybe bee was getting one too)

......

and then it hit me like 4 tons of GLORIOUS SHINY BRICKS

Deluxe G1 prime *dances*
Re: Generations Wreck-Gar is Coming! More Revealed via Wal*Mart Listings (1126889)
Posted by Autobot032 on September 20th, 2010 @ 8:10pm CDT
I'm almost certain it'll be a redeco of the ROTF/HFTD Lockdown/Axor mold with a repainted Axor head.

And I'm fine with that, because he captures the look just fine.

However, if it's a new Wreck-Gar mold, I'll be impressed. Well, hopefully I'll be impressed.

Now, here's the question...which one will you buy? FansProject's or Hasbro's? Decisions, decisions.
Re: Generations Wreck-Gar is Coming! More Revealed via Wal*Mart Listings (1126890)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 20th, 2010 @ 8:11pm CDT
I really want to see more of Jazz, Tracks, Scourge, and more G1 Generations. A deluxe Optimus and BB? I already have their classics molds, but if they're any better than what they are now, I'll take a crack at 'em. As for Wreck-Gar, major win for me. The character needs more love! :lol:
Re: Generations Wreck-Gar is Coming! More Revealed via Wal*Mart Listings (1126894)
Posted by Jenus on September 20th, 2010 @ 8:14pm CDT
It's nice to see the Bumblebee and Prime listing again today. So now we know for sure they have to be new molds.

As for Wreck-Gar can't wait to see him though I hope this doesn't stop FansProject from doing their own version.
Re: Generations Wreck-Gar is Coming! More Revealed via Wal*Mart Listings (1126895)
Posted by Rated X on September 20th, 2010 @ 8:18pm CDT
G1 reigns supreme !!!

Pay homage to the characters that started it all !!!
Re: Generations Wreck-Gar is Coming! More Revealed via Wal*Mart Listings (1126898)
Posted by Badassimus Prime on September 20th, 2010 @ 8:20pm CDT
Re: Generations Wreck-Gar is Coming! More Revealed via Wal*Mart Listings (1126901)
Posted by Captziltoid on September 20th, 2010 @ 8:22pm CDT
wow....talking about dare to be stupid. i swear there had better be two faces that come with him so you can make then ride each other. ok i know that sounded gross but it would be worth buying 2 of them. even if its a hevy devy or fans project thing that gets made later, im gettin 2. :BOT:
Re: Generations Wreck-Gar is Coming! More Revealed via Wal*Mart Listings (1126904)
Posted by Samurai Bludgeon on September 20th, 2010 @ 8:27pm CDT
Re: Generations Wreck-Gar is Coming! More Revealed via Wal*Mart Listings (1126907)
Posted by Anonymous. on September 20th, 2010 @ 8:32pm CDT
AutobotJazz87 wrote:The question is, when can we expect to see these guys? I know they're stated for Spring '11, but Blurr and Dirge should be coming out late next month in retail. That's too long of a gap I think. And I also agree in that I would like to see more of Jazz, Tracks, and Perceptor.

Samurai Bludgeon wrote:Do we know when to expect these to be released? or at least get some stock photos so we know exactly what we got going on? lol

[color=teal]
I'm pretty sure that a majority of these guys will start to trickle out in November and December. But distribution will certainly take it's time.. I know like Generations Wave 2 and 3 aren't exactly populated in every retail chain.

You'll find stock photos of Tracks, Perceptor and Jazz in the 'Cybertron Convention' link in my first post. [/color]
Re: Generations Wreck-Gar is Coming! More Revealed via Wal*Mart Listings (1126908)
Posted by DevastaTTor on September 20th, 2010 @ 8:33pm CDT
My thinking is that if we are getting a truly new Wreckgar, it'll be a nice, inexpensive alternative to the FP piece which we've seen will have more complex engineering and probably more true to the G1 Movie Junkions. In any case, just like with Rodimus, it'll be nice to have some options.
Re: Generations Wreck-Gar is Coming! More Revealed via Wal*Mart Listings (1126910)
Posted by Badassimus Prime on September 20th, 2010 @ 8:37pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:

[color=teal]

Thanks for the heads-up! Hopefully these guys do see retail this year. As obvious as this is, I just can't wait for Jazz! :D Wreck-Gar is certainly a nice surprise. Prime and Bumblebee do have me curious.
Re: Generations Wreck-Gar is Coming! More Revealed via Wal*Mart Listings (1126912)
Posted by Down_Shift on September 20th, 2010 @ 8:38pm CDT

No? Good... :-x :P

Pumped for Wreck-gar. Looking forward to a good bike TF for once (excluding Prowl, he was awesome)
Re: Generations Wreck-Gar is Coming! More Revealed via Wal*Mart Listings (1126917)
Posted by Anonymous. on September 20th, 2010 @ 8:44pm CDT
Down_Shift wrote:Am I the only one who really wants Prime, BB and Megatron to be based on their IDW representations?

No? Good... :-x :P

[color=teal]
The way we've been getting Comic book figures left and right, I wouldn't doubt it.

Also what does it take to get you to post here these days? You know I can't always put 'Generations Downshift Revealed" in the news headline every day.

And you still have any of those Aveo Swerves left? I don't think you ever sent me one :KREMZEEK: [/color]
Re: Generations Wreck-Gar is Coming! More Revealed via Wal*Mart Listings (1126925)
Posted by WeatherManNX01 on September 20th, 2010 @ 9:11pm CDT
Generations Wreck-Gar? Best news I've seen in days.
Re: Generations Wreck-Gar is Coming! More Revealed via Wal*Mart Listings (1126929)
Posted by It Is Him on September 20th, 2010 @ 9:27pm CDT
So, who else is buying two? Just so one can ride the other :grin:
Re: Generations Wreck-Gar is Coming! More Revealed via Wal*Mart Listings (1126932)
Posted by Roboto750 on September 20th, 2010 @ 9:30pm CDT
Sounds good to me. I'm really looking forward to the later parts of the Generations line that has been announced so far. :BOT:
Re: Generations Wreck-Gar is Coming! More Revealed via Wal*Mart Listings (1126933)
Posted by Swiftpaw on September 20th, 2010 @ 9:30pm CDT
Hell yes, G1 Wreck-Gar remake! I love WeirdAl-Gar, but a proper original version would be even better.

Also, I called it as soon as I saw the gun on his roof in truck mode, Brawn repainted as Outback/Fallback (not that it's a hard guess).
Re: Generations Wreck-Gar is Coming! More Revealed via Wal*Mart Listings (1126936)
Posted by Sky-Quake on September 20th, 2010 @ 9:38pm CDT
okay I'm happy were getting wreck-gar finally but when is Hasbro going to make the WFC seekers I mean come on how long am I going to have to wait
Re: Generations Wreck-Gar is Coming! More Revealed via Wal*Mart Listings (1126937)
Posted by MGrotusque on September 20th, 2010 @ 9:39pm CDT
WHAT!!!! This is the best news i've heard in a looong time. I've been dying for a proper Wreck-Gar FOREVER!!
I've even tried to convince the world that an MP Wreck-Gar should be made.
I'm really hoping this is an original mold and it's sorely needed for one of the most unique and interesting characters to come out of Transformers. Well for me anyhow.
I can't wait to see some pics of him soon. I sure as hell help he gets a new mold and not a repaint!!
I'll be choked!!
He's leader class and should be treated as such. Hell...he's the leader of a planet of transformers. If That doesn't merit a MP than i don't know what does.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering