Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Hallmark Keepsake G1 Optimus Prime Ornament

Transformers News: Hallmark Keepsake G1 Optimus Prime Ornament

Monday, April 14th, 2014 1:47PM CDT

Category: Collectables
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 16,285

Hallmark has listed a new G1 Optimus Prime Keepsake ornament. He's listed at $14.95, click here to view the listing.

What it is

Strong, brave and righteous—that's Optimus Prime. Hang this leader of the Autobots from your tree and he'll make it his mission to protect you and the other inhabitants of Earth all season long.

• Christmas tree ornament.
  • Artist crafted.
  • 2.78" W x 4.21" H x 1.98" D

Transformers News: Hallmark Keepsake G1 Optimus Prime Ornament

Transformers News: Hallmark Keepsake G1 Optimus Prime Ornament
Credit(s): Hallmark
Re: Hallmark Keepsake G1 Optimus Prime Ornament (1565229)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on April 14th, 2014 @ 1:58pm CDT
So does it transform?
Re: Hallmark Keepsake G1 Optimus Prime Ornament (1565239)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 14th, 2014 @ 2:11pm CDT
welcometothedarksyde wrote:So does it transform?

It doesn't look like it can even move, much less transform. It's just an ornament, you know?
Re: Hallmark Keepsake G1 Optimus Prime Ornament (1565275)
Posted by zodconvoy on April 14th, 2014 @ 3:56pm CDT
Okay, that's pretty sweet. If I do a Christmas tree this year Optimus will definitely be on it.
Re: Hallmark Keepsake G1 Optimus Prime Ornament (1565308)
Posted by Madeus Prime on April 14th, 2014 @ 5:55pm CDT
Suh-Weeet!! :lol: I love this. :x
Re: Hallmark Keepsake G1 Optimus Prime Ornament (1565312)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on April 14th, 2014 @ 6:02pm CDT
I feel when it came to G1 representation to hang from your tree or what have you this was far more impressive...

http://www.yousephtanha.com/blog/wp-con ... ments1.jpg

I think Carlton did a great job over all it's just too bad they only did 3 including Megatron and Bumblebee. They did some movie ornaments for you fans but the G1 pieces were by far the best IMO. Yes they don't transform but I for one can appreciate what Carlton did. I'm very glad I picked them up but I don't know if I would hang them from my X-mas tree but who knows. :P :VEHI:
Re: Hallmark Keepsake G1 Optimus Prime Ornament (1565321)
Posted by thedistinctroom on April 14th, 2014 @ 7:39pm CDT
That's some strange fruit, hanging from the tree.
Re: Hallmark Keepsake G1 Optimus Prime Ornament (1565333)
Posted by T-Macksimus on April 14th, 2014 @ 9:11pm CDT
Nemesis Destron wrote:I'm not an expert when it comes to keepsake ornaments but I believe Hallmark leads the way when it comes to over all craftsmanship. Yeah I can see they tried to capture the appearance of the G1 figure but I feel they may have failed in this representation of our passion.

http://www.yousephtanha.com/blog/wp-con ... ments1.jpg

Typically they do have very fine work, or I should say they add their name to work done by artists of high caliber but the level of detail depicted on this one combined with the Hallmark brand would be about right for the price tag. Any finer work and they'd jack the price another 5 or 10 bucks. Their ornaments are getting spendier each year.

I know I'm happy with the Hallmark X-Wing Fighter I have that plugs into the light strand for light up "lasers" and I think this ornament will look quite cool with my other Transformer ornaments, my X-wing, my X-Men ornaments and my Taz "Angel" (Taz in a leather biker jacket with angel wings). All of it together making one kick-ass Pop Culture Christmas tree.
Re: Hallmark Keepsake G1 Optimus Prime Ornament (1565363)
Posted by PrymeStriker on April 15th, 2014 @ 3:52am CDT
That thing looks genuinely ridiculous.
Re: Hallmark Keepsake G1 Optimus Prime Ornament (1565488)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on April 15th, 2014 @ 4:27pm CDT
Well I like it, the detail is amazing and he's almost 100% toy accurate.
Re: Hallmark Keepsake G1 Optimus Prime Ornament (1565541)
Posted by RSDADDIMUS2 on April 15th, 2014 @ 8:23pm CDT
Very cool.
:APPLAUSE:
Re: Hallmark Keepsake G1 Optimus Prime Ornament (1565772)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on April 16th, 2014 @ 3:04pm CDT
I will most likely buy one.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys