Hallmark Keepsake G1 Optimus Prime Ornament

Transformers News: Hallmark Keepsake G1 Optimus Prime Ornament

Monday, April 14th, 2014 1:47PM CDT

Category: Collectables
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 17,979

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Hallmark has listed a new G1 Optimus Prime Keepsake ornament. He's listed at $14.95, click here to view the listing.

What it is

Strong, brave and righteous—that's Optimus Prime. Hang this leader of the Autobots from your tree and he'll make it his mission to protect you and the other inhabitants of Earth all season long.

  • Christmas tree ornament.
  • Artist crafted.
  • 2.78" W x 4.21" H x 1.98" D


Transformers News: Hallmark Keepsake G1 Optimus Prime Ornament

Transformers News: Hallmark Keepsake G1 Optimus Prime Ornament
Credit(s): Hallmark
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Hallmark Keepsake G1 Optimus Prime Ornament (1565229)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on April 14th, 2014 @ 1:58pm CDT
So does it transform?
Re: Hallmark Keepsake G1 Optimus Prime Ornament (1565239)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 14th, 2014 @ 2:11pm CDT
welcometothedarksyde wrote:So does it transform?


It doesn't look like it can even move, much less transform. It's just an ornament, you know?
Re: Hallmark Keepsake G1 Optimus Prime Ornament (1565275)
Posted by zodconvoy on April 14th, 2014 @ 3:56pm CDT
Okay, that's pretty sweet. If I do a Christmas tree this year Optimus will definitely be on it.
Re: Hallmark Keepsake G1 Optimus Prime Ornament (1565308)
Posted by Madeus Prime on April 14th, 2014 @ 5:55pm CDT
Suh-Weeet!! :lol: I love this. :x
Re: Hallmark Keepsake G1 Optimus Prime Ornament (1565312)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on April 14th, 2014 @ 6:02pm CDT
I'm not an expert when it comes to keepsake ornaments but I believe Hallmark leads the way when it comes to over all craftsmanship. Yeah I can see they tried to capture the appearance of the G1 figure but I feel they may have failed in this representation of our passion.
I feel when it came to G1 representation to hang from your tree or what have you this was far more impressive...


http://www.yousephtanha.com/blog/wp-con ... ments1.jpg

I think Carlton did a great job over all it's just too bad they only did 3 including Megatron and Bumblebee. They did some movie ornaments for you fans but the G1 pieces were by far the best IMO. Yes they don't transform but I for one can appreciate what Carlton did. I'm very glad I picked them up but I don't know if I would hang them from my X-mas tree but who knows. :P :VEHI:
Re: Hallmark Keepsake G1 Optimus Prime Ornament (1565321)
Posted by thedistinctroom on April 14th, 2014 @ 7:39pm CDT
That's some strange fruit, hanging from the tree.
Re: Hallmark Keepsake G1 Optimus Prime Ornament (1565333)
Posted by T-Macksimus on April 14th, 2014 @ 9:11pm CDT
Nemesis Destron wrote:I'm not an expert when it comes to keepsake ornaments but I believe Hallmark leads the way when it comes to over all craftsmanship. Yeah I can see they tried to capture the appearance of the G1 figure but I feel they may have failed in this representation of our passion.
I feel when it came to G1 representation to hang from your tree or what have you this was far more impressive...


http://www.yousephtanha.com/blog/wp-con ... ments1.jpg

I think Carlton did a great job over all it's just too bad they only did 3 including Megatron and Bumblebee. They did some movie ornaments for you fans but the G1 pieces were by far the best IMO. Yes they don't transform but I for one can appreciate what Carlton did. I'm very glad I picked them up but I don't know if I would hang them from my X-mas tree but who knows. :P :VEHI:


Typically they do have very fine work, or I should say they add their name to work done by artists of high caliber but the level of detail depicted on this one combined with the Hallmark brand would be about right for the price tag. Any finer work and they'd jack the price another 5 or 10 bucks. Their ornaments are getting spendier each year.

I know I'm happy with the Hallmark X-Wing Fighter I have that plugs into the light strand for light up "lasers" and I think this ornament will look quite cool with my other Transformer ornaments, my X-wing, my X-Men ornaments and my Taz "Angel" (Taz in a leather biker jacket with angel wings). All of it together making one kick-ass Pop Culture Christmas tree.
Re: Hallmark Keepsake G1 Optimus Prime Ornament (1565363)
Posted by PrymeStriker on April 15th, 2014 @ 3:52am CDT
That thing looks genuinely ridiculous.
Re: Hallmark Keepsake G1 Optimus Prime Ornament (1565488)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on April 15th, 2014 @ 4:27pm CDT
Well I like it, the detail is amazing and he's almost 100% toy accurate.
Re: Hallmark Keepsake G1 Optimus Prime Ornament (1565541)
Posted by RSDADDIMUS2 on April 15th, 2014 @ 8:23pm CDT
Very cool.
:APPLAUSE:
Re: Hallmark Keepsake G1 Optimus Prime Ornament (1565772)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on April 16th, 2014 @ 3:04pm CDT
I will most likely buy one.
Re: Hallmark Keepsake G1 Optimus Prime Ornament (1710437)
Posted by ScottyP on July 17th, 2015 @ 9:33am CDT
Did you put your Winter Holiday Themed Tree away three weeks ago and think to yourself, "I really need more Energon goodies to hang on here like my super rad Optimus Prime ornament I got in my stocking last December"? Well our friends at Hallmark are back with another inappropriately timed ornament release in the middle of July, and an announcement of what's to come next "Winter".

First, for 2015 you can restart the 3rd Great Cybertronian War while knocking back some egg nog by the fire with your new G1 Megatron ornament, which is in stock for shipping or at your local Hallmark store now. This Megatron is prepared to bring peace through tyranny on Earth for all, and comes complete with a bitter hatred of his own bio, which lists him as formerly being a "Peasant" rather than a Miner. If you want to re-live the real crushing seasonal depression of the season, this is the icon to decorate your home with!
Image

If you're looking for something more upbeat, do we have great news for you from the Hallmark Keepsake Ornament Facebook Page's 2016 previews from last week's SDCC - the Transformers ornaments will keep on rolling in 2016 with Grimlock!
Image
This Grimlock could be the perfect way to feel some holiday cheer, as his fire breath can light your fireplace in no time, he can efficiently deliver presents to everyone because they're all huddled close by to account for his tiny T-Rex arms, and his skills as a waiter can keep everyone refreshed all season long.

Keep it locked in here to Seibertron, where we report all the news, we just don't take it all seriously!
Re: Hallmark Keepsake G1 Optimus Prime Ornament (1710439)
Posted by That_Guy on July 17th, 2015 @ 9:41am CDT
Well dang, should have taken a pic last week, hallmark in the mall in clearwater,.fl is selling the megatron right now. I get the star trek ones mainly though, maybe do megs this year.
Re: Hallmark Keepsake G1 Optimus Prime Ornament (1710442)
Posted by ScottyP on July 17th, 2015 @ 9:45am CDT
That_Guy wrote:Well dang, should have taken a pic last week, hallmark in the mall in clearwater,.fl is selling the megatron right now. I get the star trek ones mainly though, maybe do megs this year.
Yeah we were definitely a bit late to the party reporting this one, but we rely on the community a lot for this stuff, so remember to contact us when you see potential stuff we should share with the community at large! If it's new and notable it'll get on the front page, and if not, the worst that happens is you get a 'thank you' and a link to where it was already posted ;)
Re: Hallmark Keepsake G1 Optimus Prime Ornament (1710452)
Posted by Shuttershock on July 17th, 2015 @ 10:20am CDT
Picked up Megs last weekend. Remarkable level of sculpted detail carried over from the original toy (arm hinges, etc.).
Re: Hallmark Keepsake G1 Optimus Prime Ornament (1710459)
Posted by Alpha Dominus on July 17th, 2015 @ 10:39am CDT
As a hallmark christmas ornament collector I'm super pumped for this G1 goodness. If not for its smaller size the Optmus Prime ornament from last year makes a serious doppelganger for the original mold. Based on the pics I've seen for Megs, he's a dead ringer also.
Re: Hallmark Keepsake G1 Optimus Prime Ornament (1710460)
Posted by Shuttershock on July 17th, 2015 @ 10:41am CDT
Alpha Dominus wrote:As a hallmark christmas ornament collector I'm super pumped for this G1 goodness. If not for its smaller size the Optmus Prime ornament from last year makes a serious doppelganger for the original mold. Based on the pics I've seen for Megs, he's a dead ringer also.


Like I said, it's amazing. If you didn't know better, you'd swear it could transform!
Re: Hallmark Keepsake G1 Optimus Prime Ornament (1710560)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on July 17th, 2015 @ 2:01pm CDT
Shuttershock wrote:
Alpha Dominus wrote:As a hallmark christmas ornament collector I'm super pumped for this G1 goodness. If not for its smaller size the Optmus Prime ornament from last year makes a serious doppelganger for the original mold. Based on the pics I've seen for Megs, he's a dead ringer also.


Like I said, it's amazing. If you didn't know better, you'd swear it could transform!


Maybe Australia better ban it preemptively, just in case.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #121 - SDCC 2015
Twincast / Podcast #121:
"SDCC 2015"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Tuesday, July 21st, 2015