Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Hasbro Announcement! Toy Fair 2012

Transformers News: Hasbro Announcement!  Toy Fair 2012

Thursday, February 9th, 2012 1:22PM CST

Categories: Company News, Event News, Media, Press Releases, Site Articles, Toy News
Posted by: GetRightRobot   Views: 113,351

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Hasbro has posted some interesting information on what we can expect to see at the 109th American International Toy Fair in New York, NY. Mr. Seibertron and El_Duque will be on hand bringing you all the latest coverage beginning this weekend. However, the good folks at Hasbro have given a little heads up on some of the products that will be on hand:

Hasbro wrote:Throughout the year in 2012, kids and fans of the globally popular TRANSFORMERS brand will get to experience the “MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE” property in a variety of new and exciting ways. In February, the new animated series TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS and the second season of the hit animated series TRANSFORMERS PRIME, both from Hasbro Studios, will debut on The Hub television network. And, for the first time ever beginning in March, most of the TRANSFORMERS action figure expressions will adopt the TRANSFORMERS PRIME styling to complement the award winning series. Also in March, Hasbro will introduce a new toy segment called TRANSFORMERS BOT SHOTS, a whole new way to play out TRANSFORMERS battles. Available in favorite characters like OPTIMUS PRIME and BUMBLEBEE, kids can choose their power, crash into battle and defeat their opponent. TRANSFORMERS BOT SHOTS automatically convert when you crash ‘em! Sold one per pack, fans can collect 44 different BOT SHOTS figures across the product line. Then in May, fans will have another new way to experience the TRANSFORMERS brand with the launch of the highly anticipated new motion-based thrill ride TRANSFORMERS: THE RIDE-3D, opening at Universal Studios Hollywood. To finish the year with even more entertainment experiences, TRANSFORMERS fans will be able to enjoy the much buzzed about new video game TRANSFORMERS: Fall of Cybertron from Activision and High Moon studios as well as the highly anticipated TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE MMO from Jagex both launching in Fall. Roll Out!


More than Transformers, Hasbro is bringing a ton of other great products from Bey Blade to My Little Pony and host of new G.I. Joe toys and games to coicide with new Joe film. To read more about the Hasbro Toy Fair contingent, click here! Keep checking Seibertron.com this weekend for all the news regarding Toy Fair 2012!
Credit(s): Hasbro
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Hasbro Announcement! Toy Fair 2012 (1344879)
Posted by Autobot032 on February 9th, 2012 @ 1:48pm CST
Hmm. No mention of movie anything. That's not saying they've dropped it, of course, but it is a bad, bad sign, so far.
Re: Hasbro Announcement! Toy Fair 2012 (1344889)
Posted by Noideaforaname on February 9th, 2012 @ 1:52pm CST
I take it Movieverse is pretty much dead at this point, just a few repaints sold on the side while Prime takes it's place. While there are many characters I'd love to see done (Devcon, Brains, the three remaining Constructicons, Cyberverse Brawl and Bonecrusher), I really can't say I'm upset about the line's apparent demise. I've completely lost interest with the lack of news since... October, I think it was.
Re: Hasbro Announcement! Toy Fair 2012 (1344907)
Posted by GetRightRobot on February 9th, 2012 @ 2:11pm CST
The lack of anything movie related?....What's the problem...? There are some movie based Bot Shots, so there's something.
Re: Hasbro Announcement! Toy Fair 2012 (1344909)
Posted by Kibble on February 9th, 2012 @ 2:14pm CST
Autobot032 wrote:Hmm. No mention of movie anything. That's not saying they've dropped it, of course, but it is a bad, bad sign, so far.


Or a good, good sign depending on your point of view ;)
Re: Hasbro Announcement! Toy Fair 2012 (1344912)
Posted by GetRightRobot on February 9th, 2012 @ 2:15pm CST
Kibble wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:Hmm. No mention of movie anything. That's not saying they've dropped it, of course, but it is a bad, bad sign, so far.


Or a good, good sign depending on your point of view ;)



:D You said it, not me! :APPLAUSE:
Re: Hasbro Announcement! Toy Fair 2012 (1344917)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 9th, 2012 @ 2:20pm CST
It's pretty odd if you think about it, Animated was pushed around and axed in favour of the Movie line, and now the movie line gets axed in favour of Prime.
Guess the DOTM line didn't sell as good as the previous ones.
Re: Hasbro Announcement! Toy Fair 2012 (1344922)
Posted by DrLegend on February 9th, 2012 @ 2:24pm CST
I never bought any of the movieverse figures (despite enjoying the movies themselves) so I am not disheartened at all by this news. I think the Prime figures are a great successor to the G1 variety (as far as articulation and pose-ability is concerned anyways).

I'm more interested in the new line of FoC toys as well as the MMO.
Re: Hasbro Announcement! Toy Fair 2012 (1344923)
Posted by Autobot032 on February 9th, 2012 @ 2:28pm CST
GetRightRobot wrote:The lack of anything movie related?....What's the problem...? There are some movie based Bot Shots, so there's something.



Umm... aside from your bias...

The US release of Que, Soundwave, their repaints, the Optimus with trailer we saw in package, hopes of a Dino figure? Maybe they don't matter to you, but they do to many others. You're getting your wish. Snark not needed. :P

Kibble wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:Hmm. No mention of movie anything. That's not saying they've dropped it, of course, but it is a bad, bad sign, so far.


Or a good, good sign depending on your point of view ;)


Also, one :p for you.

GetRightRobot wrote:
Kibble wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:Hmm. No mention of movie anything. That's not saying they've dropped it, of course, but it is a bad, bad sign, so far.


Or a good, good sign depending on your point of view ;)



:D You said it, not me! :APPLAUSE:


Okay, double, well now triple :P :P for you.
Re: Hasbro Announcement! Toy Fair 2012 (1344926)
Posted by PrymeStriker on February 9th, 2012 @ 2:29pm CST
So early March is when these Prime figures are "supposed" to be out? Too late for that. :lol:
Re: Hasbro Announcement! Toy Fair 2012 (1344927)
Posted by timcourtois on February 9th, 2012 @ 2:33pm CST
I'd still love to see a DOTM leader Megatron. And leader Shockwave would be a dream. But seems like that's just a rumor somebody started last year with no real backing. (Everybody deluge Hasbro with emails asking for those figures!)
Re: Hasbro Announcement! Toy Fair 2012 (1344930)
Posted by GetRightRobot on February 9th, 2012 @ 2:34pm CST
Autobot032 wrote:
GetRightRobot wrote:The lack of anything movie related?....What's the problem...? There are some movie based Bot Shots, so there's something.



Umm... aside from your bias...

The US release of Que, Soundwave, their repaints, the Optimus with trailer we saw in package, hopes of a Dino figure? Maybe they don't matter to you, but they do to many others. You're getting your wish. Snark not needed. :P

Kibble wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:Hmm. No mention of movie anything. That's not saying they've dropped it, of course, but it is a bad, bad sign, so far.


Or a good, good sign depending on your point of view ;)


Also, one :p for you.

GetRightRobot wrote:
Kibble wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:Hmm. No mention of movie anything. That's not saying they've dropped it, of course, but it is a bad, bad sign, so far.


Or a good, good sign depending on your point of view ;)



:D You said it, not me! :APPLAUSE:


Okay, double, well now triple :P :P for you.


Ok, you got me. My bad people. In all fairness, I had every intention of picking up the Deluxe Soundwave if I ever saw him. So on that front, I feel your pain.
Re: Hasbro Announcement! Toy Fair 2012 (1344940)
Posted by craggy on February 9th, 2012 @ 2:46pm CST
no mention of movie related stuff could be a good thing even if you do like them...might be a surprise reveal that Hasbro is going to give everyone who pre-ordered a Prime FE Bulkhead a new Bumblebee repaint as compensation.
Re: Hasbro Announcement! Toy Fair 2012 (1344944)
Posted by GetRightRobot on February 9th, 2012 @ 2:51pm CST
I do recall several rumors of a "trilogy" themed toy line that would work similarly to HFTD. I would be shocked if Has/Tak allow all that R&D to go untapped for the host of potential repaints and reissues.
Re: Hasbro Announcement! Toy Fair 2012 (1344950)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 9th, 2012 @ 2:54pm CST
GetRightRobot wrote:I do recall several rumors of a "trilogy" themed toy line that would work similarly to HFTD. I would be shocked if Has/Tak allow all that R&D to go untapped for the host of potential repaints and reissues.

Wouldn't be the first time though.
Re: Hasbro Announcement! Toy Fair 2012 (1344955)
Posted by GetRightRobot on February 9th, 2012 @ 3:01pm CST
Dead Metal wrote:
GetRightRobot wrote:I do recall several rumors of a "trilogy" themed toy line that would work similarly to HFTD. I would be shocked if Has/Tak allow all that R&D to go untapped for the host of potential repaints and reissues.

Wouldn't be the first time though.



And you speak the truth. I was honestly hoping to see more from the Skyhammer mold specifically. I love that figure!
Re: Hasbro Announcement! Toy Fair 2012 (1344961)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 9th, 2012 @ 3:08pm CST
GetRightRobot wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
GetRightRobot wrote:I do recall several rumors of a "trilogy" themed toy line that would work similarly to HFTD. I would be shocked if Has/Tak allow all that R&D to go untapped for the host of potential repaints and reissues.

Wouldn't be the first time though.



And you speak the truth. I was honestly hoping to see more from the Skyhammer mold specifically. I love that figure!

Yea that mold is pure badass, I was waiting for the Decepticon repaint, but alas it shall not bee.
Re: Hasbro Announcement! Toy Fair 2012 (1344983)
Posted by Che on February 9th, 2012 @ 3:39pm CST
Hasbro wrote:And, for the first time ever beginning in March, most of the TRANSFORMERS action figure expressions will adopt the TRANSFORMERS PRIME styling to complement the award winning series.


What exactly does that mean? Is Hasbro going to produce almost only "prime style" transformers from March on? Fall of Cybertron figures will also come for sure, but I hope other "classic style" figures will also come in the generations line... and in voyager size... (I miss more figures in the reveal the shield voyager size style...)

Crap mechtechs in supposedly-deluxe-but-almost-scout-class overproduced figures is what killed DOTM line...
Re: Hasbro Announcement! Toy Fair 2012 (1345019)
Posted by GetRightRobot on February 9th, 2012 @ 4:40pm CST
Anyone following this discussion might want to check out the homepage of Seibertron in about 3 minutes :)
Re: Hasbro Announcement! Toy Fair 2012 (1345021)
Posted by craggy on February 9th, 2012 @ 4:43pm CST
Che wrote:
Hasbro wrote:And, for the first time ever beginning in March, most of the TRANSFORMERS action figure expressions will adopt the TRANSFORMERS PRIME styling to complement the award winning series.


What exactly does that mean? Is Hasbro going to produce almost only "prime style" transformers from March on? Fall of Cybertron figures will also come for sure, but I hope other "classic style" figures will also come in the generations line... and in voyager size... (I miss more figures in the reveal the shield voyager size style...)

Crap mechtechs in supposedly-deluxe-but-almost-scout-class overproduced figures is what killed DOTM line...

thankyou! I'm glad I'm not the only one who tried and failed to decipher that particular bit of mangled "...words...out of mah..bra..muh haed!"
Re: Hasbro Announcement! Toy Fair 2012 (1345069)
Posted by Che on February 9th, 2012 @ 5:56pm CST
craggy wrote:thankyou! I'm glad I'm not the only one who tried and failed to decipher that particular bit of mangled "...words...out of mah..bra..muh haed!"


Hasbro needs a better public relations team... >:oP
Re: Hasbro Announcement! Toy Fair 2012 (1345636)
Posted by Va'al on February 11th, 2012 @ 6:46am CST
Is it sad that I'm looking at the clock, asking it to get a move on for galleries and coverage?
Re: Hasbro Announcement! Toy Fair 2012 (1345666)
Posted by GetRightRobot on February 11th, 2012 @ 9:13am CST
Va'al wrote:Is it sad that I'm looking at the clock, asking it to get a move on for galleries and coverage?


If it is, then we can be sad together. I cannot wait for some the boys to start hitting us up with some awesome new product. Kinda sucks that 3rd parties are still fringe companies that probably won't be there... ohwell! :KREMZEEK:
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys
Twincast / Podcast #102:
"Hidden Mickeys"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 5th, 2014