Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands

Transformers News: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands

Friday, May 28th, 2010 11:19AM CDT

Categories: Company News, Press Releases, Toy News
Posted by: Delicon   Views: 38,932

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

One of our main focuses here at Seibertron.com has always been helping our fellow collectors find the best deals possible on all sorts of Transformers toys and collectibles. Today, we bring you news of a great deal that comes directly from Hasbro itself.

Hello Hasbro Fans -

We are excited to announce the launch of two great, new Hasbro ‘Summer Savings’ promotions for our TRANSFORMERS and STAR WARS brands. Starting today, through July 31, 2010, when you purchase $25 or more of select Hasbro TRANSFORMERS or STAR WARS products, you will receive product of $25 value FREE!

In Hasbro’s “TRANSFORMERS Double Your Action Giveaway,” when consumers purchase $25 or more of select Hasbro TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN product, they will get three (3) TRANSFORMERS Deluxe Class figures free! For more information visit http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/en_U ... y-giveaway

Also, Hasbro’s “STAR WARS Free Gear Giveaway” rewards consumers with a free STAR WARS CAPTAIN REX HELMET or STAR WARS DUEL ACTION LIGHTSABER when they purchase $25 or more of select Hasbro STAR WARS product, including action figures, vehicles and other great toys! For more information visit http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/en_US/di ... -giveaway/

Details on which Hasbro TRANSFORMERS and STAR WARS product qualifies in each promotion, as well as redemption instructions, can be found using the links provided above.


Have a fun-filled Summer!


For all the latest Transformers news and updates, stay tuned to Seibertron.com, the ultimate Transformers resource!
Credit(s): Hasbro
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1079610)
Posted by --B-- on May 28th, 2010 @ 11:27am CDT
Well, that's one way to get rid of all that RoTF stuff that no one wants.
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1079615)
Posted by leokearon on May 28th, 2010 @ 11:43am CDT
And it is only available in the US
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1079619)
Posted by bagofshhh on May 28th, 2010 @ 11:54am CDT
It lasts until July 31? Probably why Hasbro isn't shipping any of the new stuff (in the US only apparently) until August 9th... :-?

Hasbro has just made it so that all of you (lucky) people in Australia and Asia can make a killing on selling new stuff to the US market on ebay. ;)
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1079622)
Posted by kirbenvost on May 28th, 2010 @ 11:57am CDT
Wow, I gotta say that's one of the weirdest things I've ever seen. They must have MASSIVE amounts of ROTF overstock. I'd go for it if I was in the US and didn't already have 2 of the 3 free figures...
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1079641)
Posted by zenosaurus_x on May 28th, 2010 @ 12:19pm CDT
Is this store exclusive?
If not, my Toys R Us happens to have alot of the "hard to get" ROTF figures....
I could get maybe a HA Barricade and then get a free...SOMETHING....I don't know, ArmorHide...
Dang, HA doesn't count....oh well, I can still get Bludgeon, IronHide and stuff....
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1079647)
Posted by Kibble on May 28th, 2010 @ 12:29pm CDT
Almost got me to bite...I just comtemplated going and grabbing a $30 black leader Megs from Walmart so I could get Swerve and Dead End (already have Sideswipe,) but I gotta keep reminding myself that I don't have any need for these repaints even at a good deal. Space is starting to become a factor with my growing collection and I'm not the biggest fan of these molds anyhow. Sideswipe is cool, but I still don't need Swerve.
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1079653)
Posted by GuyIncognito on May 28th, 2010 @ 12:42pm CDT
Too bad I already have 2 of the 3 freebies, and don't want the 3rd.
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1079660)
Posted by Forgotten on May 28th, 2010 @ 12:48pm CDT
I would have rather gotten 3 free scouts, would have felt like I got something then. 8-}
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1079665)
Posted by WheelJacked on May 28th, 2010 @ 12:54pm CDT
Kibble wrote:Almost got me to bite...I just comtemplated going and grabbing a $30 black leader Megs from Walmart so I could get Swerve and Dead End (already have Sideswipe,) but I gotta keep reminding myself that I don't have any need for these repaints even at a good deal. Space is starting to become a factor with my growing collection and I'm not the biggest fan of these molds anyhow. Sideswipe is cool, but I still don't need Swerve.

The way it's looking, the 8 figures listed on the page are the only ones that qualify for this deal. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Correction: I'm an idiot. I didn't see that below each picture it listed "ANY"
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1079668)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on May 28th, 2010 @ 12:58pm CDT
Looks like you might get any 3 Deluxes, not nec. the ones shown. The fine print on the form says that Hasbro may substitute the giveaway items for others.

The ones you have to buy are any from the classes shown- Legends, Deluxe, etc. Looks like the Bumblebee arm cannon does not count tho, FWIW.

There's not much ROTF left that I want, but I might go for this. Extra Deluxes are not a bad thing, good for trading or parts. Or experimentation... :-$ :twisted:
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1079676)
Posted by Kibble on May 28th, 2010 @ 1:12pm CDT
Hip-Hoptimus Rime wrote:Looks like you might get any 3 Deluxes, not nec. the ones shown. The fine print on the form says that Hasbro may substitute the giveaway items for others.

Huh, whaddaya know? Get ready for some pissed off people who are sent 2 or 3 figs they already have when they were expecting something else. Wonder if they'll just send out 3 Turner Mudflaps to everyone... At least it be one fig no one has, judging buy the 1000s you see filling the pegs at every store. :lol:
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1079683)
Posted by billybobjoe004 on May 28th, 2010 @ 1:31pm CDT
2 questions
Does animated count? My tru still has these and I may pick up a lugnut if they do
Do we know it's the 3 figures pictured or random a randomized deluxe 'prize'?

Edit - Q3: "This offer cannot be combined with any other promotional offer, rebate, coupon or discount" so we can't buy transformers that are onsale/marked off?
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1079684)
Posted by WheelJacked on May 28th, 2010 @ 1:38pm CDT
billybobjoe004 wrote:2 questions
Does animated count? My tru still has these and I may pick up a lugnut if they do
Do we know it's the 3 figures pictured or random a randomized deluxe 'prize'?

Edit - Q3: "This offer cannot be combined with any other promotional offer, rebate, coupon or discount" so we can't buy transformers that are onsale/marked off?

Animated doesn't count.
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1079734)
Posted by Caelus on May 28th, 2010 @ 4:48pm CDT
Good time to start stockpiling for Toys-for-Tots.
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1079737)
Posted by Delicon on May 28th, 2010 @ 4:58pm CDT
You might have thought that Hasbro could have come up wuth a simpler promotion, but I guess any chance for Transfans to save money is a good thing.
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1079748)
Posted by Cheetron on May 28th, 2010 @ 5:39pm CDT
So does a marked down shadow Commander Megs count from wallyworld.computer?

That's the only current figure I don't own/want.
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1079770)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on May 28th, 2010 @ 7:53pm CDT
I'll bite, considering I just bought half of the required amount(Red Rampage) today before I even knew about this. I think I know where a few more I want are to finish things out.

And if it's the 3 there's showing they send, all the better, as I don't have any of those yet.
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1079792)
Posted by Kibble on May 28th, 2010 @ 9:11pm CDT
Cheetron wrote:So does a marked down shadow Commander Megs count from wallyworld.computer?

That's the only current figure I don't own/want.

Considering the promotion is based on a dollar amount, I don't see why it would matter. I'm guessing the fine print is more to protect against double dipping on another promotion like a rebate or something...
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1079797)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on May 28th, 2010 @ 9:41pm CDT
There possibly sitting on a lot of things not moving liked they hoped it would
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1079863)
Posted by nemesis-prime on May 29th, 2010 @ 4:52am CDT
too bad i already have everything
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1079993)
Posted by wolverinetodd on May 29th, 2010 @ 2:26pm CDT
As of last count, of the ROTF that I want and/or still need are Deluxe Rampage (Red), Deluxe EVAC, and Voyager Defender Optimus Prime (though I'm on the fence about VDOP because he's like the 4th or 5th repaint of this mold that I have). Everything else that I'm waiting for come out in August in the Hunt for the Decepticons line, Generations Line, and Power Combiners Line. So really, this deal wouldn't do me much good now.
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1080439)
Posted by Cheetron on May 31st, 2010 @ 11:03am CDT
Well I bit the bullet and bought SC Megs from wallyworld dot computer. I felt like getting myself a belated b-day present so with encouragement from this forum, I got the not included HA Barracade. Why not? Now all I've got to do is fill out the form and mail it in. Hope something happens soon with it after I get the Recon Ravage I mailed in for 3 months ago. lol.
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1080645)
Posted by Noideaforaname on May 31st, 2010 @ 10:10pm CDT
Of course, it ends right before all the cool stuff comes in! :lol:

I'd like to know for certain what 3 Deluxe figs I'd be getting. It isn't really clear if I'm supposed to go by the pictured ones or not, and there's nothing saying what specifically would be given out.
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1080676)
Posted by Tonewaylo on June 1st, 2010 @ 1:12am CDT
It's definately random which 3 you'll get... If you look at the short clip on the hasbro site it shows three different Deluxes than the picture. As a matter of fact, it shows 2 Deluxe figures and a Scout. So I'm willing to bet if they run low on Deluxe figures they'll give you a Scout instead.



My question is, can you go to Target, buy a Leader, return it, and send in your recept? ...then just do this over and over?
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1080840)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 1st, 2010 @ 12:56pm CDT
Tonewaylo wrote:
My question is, can you go to Target, buy a Leader, return it, and send in your recept? ...then just do this over and over?


No, for two reasons:

1) Most (if not all) places will mark the receipt showing the items as returned.

2) If you were successful, I'm sure that's some form of fraud.
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1080989)
Posted by Tonewaylo on June 1st, 2010 @ 8:30pm CDT
kirbenvost wrote:
Tonewaylo wrote:
My question is, can you go to Target, buy a Leader, return it, and send in your recept? ...then just do this over and over?


No, for two reasons:

1) Most (if not all) places will mark the receipt showing the items as returned.

2) If you were successful, I'm sure that's some form of fraud.


My friend works at Target, he said that you don't need your recept to return something, they can look it up by credit card if you paid that way.

I'm sure it does constitute as some sort of fraud though.
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1081096)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on June 2nd, 2010 @ 6:54am CDT
My Target will only let you return two items within a year without a receipt.
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1081279)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 2nd, 2010 @ 1:29pm CDT
Tonewaylo wrote:
kirbenvost wrote:
Tonewaylo wrote:
My question is, can you go to Target, buy a Leader, return it, and send in your recept? ...then just do this over and over?


No, for two reasons:

1) Most (if not all) places will mark the receipt showing the items as returned.

2) If you were successful, I'm sure that's some form of fraud.


My friend works at Target, he said that you don't need your recept to return something, they can look it up by credit card if you paid that way.

I'm sure it does constitute as some sort of fraud though.


Ah, yes, I forgot some places in the US allow you to return things without a receipt. Up here in Canada that doesn't fly.
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1081503)
Posted by Tonewaylo on June 2nd, 2010 @ 9:48pm CDT
Hip-Hoptimus Rime wrote:My Target will only let you return two items within a year without a receipt.



If you paid with credit card, they can look up the transaction by card. And refund it to that card without the recept. So you still have your recept in tact. Meijer can do the same.

If you didn't pay by card. Targets policy is $75 a year returned without, they do it by drivers licence #. Walmart does 3 transaction returns per 45 days. Walmart can not look up transactions with the card.
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1082319)
Posted by Atomatron on June 4th, 2010 @ 4:55pm CDT
I dont need another Tuner Mudflap, Wheelie and Ravage
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1082356)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 4th, 2010 @ 7:06pm CDT
SectorStar on tfw2005 e-mailed Hasbro about how random the three figures are and whether or not pre-orders count. And Hasbro gave a useful response!

Thank you for contacting Hasbro regarding the Transformers Double Your Action Giveaway promotion.

The 3 Free Deluxe figures are randomly selected.

All figures must be purchased from May 28 through July 31, 2010 to qualify. Pre-ordered figures do not qualify.

We want to assure you that we are dedicated to maintaining quality products and service. We hope you and your family will continue to enjoy our products for many years to come.

Again, thank you for contacting us.
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1086953)
Posted by triKlops on June 16th, 2010 @ 3:22pm CDT
Bought the 2 Walmart Scout exclusive packs, Road Rival Showdown & Windy City Chase for a total of $32.
Sent out the form and paperwork today, we will see what happens.

However if you can get your hustle on with the no receipt return from Target, do it.
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1092353)
Posted by itMFtis on June 30th, 2010 @ 11:47am CDT
Bump. Anyone get anything back from this promotion yet?
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1092377)
Posted by kookaburra on June 30th, 2010 @ 12:31pm CDT
Nothing yet - I'd bought a bunch of Scouts on the 30th of May, and sent in the form right away. I'm not particularly interested in any of the Deluxes from the movie line (except Interrogator Barricade and Evac, which NEVER showed up in any of the stores in my area) but I can't resist free stuff! I'm a little worried because I bought them from Fred Meyer, which just lists them as "Action Figures" on the receipt, but it has the UPC code on there, so hopefully they'll recognize the TF codes.
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1110966)
Posted by Dinobot4ever on August 9th, 2010 @ 4:36pm CDT
I received my two offers today ... and it wasn't as bad as I (and apparently others) thought. I got all deluxes (no scout substitutions) and it was a pretty good assortment: Dead End, Jolt, Ravage, Sideswipe, Interrogator Barricade, & Stalker Scorponok.

Now for the bad news - packaging, and to a lesser extent the shipping, was terrible. Jolt was crushed to the point I can't reform the bubble and the figure inside is slightly mashed apart. The top of Dead End's card was rolled and the bottom of the bubble pushed in from the bottom up. The gouge in the side of one of the shipping boxes is to blame for the Ravage card being dented in. The other three were relatively unscathed.

No packaging materials and the figures were just crammed in too small of boxes. I suppose you get what you pay for ... :roll:
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1111105)
Posted by Kibble on August 9th, 2010 @ 9:45pm CDT
Dinobot4ever wrote:I received my two offers today ... and it wasn't as bad as I (and apparently others) thought. I got all deluxes (no scout substitutions) and it was a pretty good assortment: Dead End, Jolt, Ravage, Sideswipe, Interrogator Barricade, & Stalker Scorponok.

Now for the bad news - packaging, and to a lesser extent the shipping, was terrible. Jolt was crushed to the point I can't reform the bubble and the figure inside is slightly mashed apart. The top of Dead End's card was rolled and the bottom of the bubble pushed in from the bottom up. The gouge in the side of one of the shipping boxes is to blame for the Ravage card being dented in. The other three were relatively unscathed.

No packaging materials and the figures were just crammed in too small of boxes. I suppose you get what you pay for ... :roll:

On the bright side, you got all different figs. Of the two boxes I've recieved so far, I got two Jolts and two Blazmasters.
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1111109)
Posted by adamassc on August 9th, 2010 @ 9:56pm CDT
just mailed off my form today, about how long do i have to wait?

also: I hope I get Blazemaster, I missed out on him.
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1111116)
Posted by kookaburra on August 9th, 2010 @ 10:20pm CDT
adamassc wrote:just mailed off my form today, about how long do i have to wait?

also: I hope I get Blazemaster, I missed out on him.


Consensus on TFW2005 was about 6-8 weeks. Some people did get them a bit earlier. I mailed off three more today, so we should be getting them about the same time.
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1111125)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on August 9th, 2010 @ 10:46pm CDT
got my 2nd batch today, which was dead end, ravage and deep desert brawl. think ive done ok so far, ravage and dead end are welcome additions, brawl is meh
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1111238)
Posted by Dinobot4ever on August 10th, 2010 @ 6:44am CDT
kookaburra wrote:
adamassc wrote:just mailed off my form today, about how long do i have to wait?

also: I hope I get Blazemaster, I missed out on him.


Consensus on TFW2005 was about 6-8 weeks. Some people did get them a bit earlier. I mailed off three more today, so we should be getting them about the same time.


My wait was the short end of that range, if that.
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1111241)
Posted by Kibble on August 10th, 2010 @ 6:49am CDT
adamassc wrote:also: I hope I get Blazemaster, I missed out on him.

Be careful what you wish for! Let's say you're getting 4 boxes...you'll probably get 6 Blazemasters! And the figure is terrible. Somewhat interesting transformation, though more fiddly than fun, but his bot mode is horrendous and his colors not much better.
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1111376)
Posted by adamassc on August 10th, 2010 @ 11:38am CDT
Kibble wrote:
adamassc wrote:also: I hope I get Blazemaster, I missed out on him.

Be careful what you wish for! Let's say you're getting 4 boxes...you'll probably get 6 Blazemasters! And the figure is terrible. Somewhat interesting transformation, though more fiddly than fun, but his bot mode is horrendous and his colors not much better.


Nah, I could only scrounge up three figs I wanted during the promotion, so I'll only be getting one box. The main thing is, this finally gave me a reason to buy Ejector.

Still, I only have about three or four ROTF deluxes, so the odds favor I'll get something new.
Re: Hasbro announces "summer savings" promotions featuring Transformers and Star Wars brands (1111408)
Posted by Daddycon on August 10th, 2010 @ 1:00pm CDT
Well, just got my three free ROTF figs from the promotion today:

- Jolt
- Sideswipe
- Blazemaster

Thankfully, I didn't have any of these (excluding the red repaint of Swerve that is). :APPLAUSE:

Not a Mudflap or Skids in the lot too :KREMZEEK:

Daddycon

PS: My box was also pretty poorly packed. Stuffed 3 deluxes into a box barely able to hold 2. #-o
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok
Twincast / Podcast #90:
"Dark Scorponok"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 7th, 2014