Hasbro Brings Out New Construct-Bots Building Sets

Transformers News: Hasbro Brings Out New Construct-Bots Building Sets

Monday, January 21st, 2013 6:08PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 27,564

If the current crop of Kre-O sets isn't your cup of tea, then Hasbro has another trick up their building set sleeve. Geekdad has pulled the curtains open for Hasbro's new Construct-Bots line. Each set comes with interchangable parts. These sets come in four different assortments including Scout, Elite, Triple Changer and Ultimate with pieces interchangable between assortments. Check out these new sets below.

Geekdad wrote:•The Scout assortment of Construct-Bots will each retail for $9.99, and will have 10 characters, including Starscream and Ironhide seen above.
•The Elite assortment of Construct-Bots will each retail for $14.99, and will have 10 characters, including Wheeljack and Soundwave seen above.
•The Triple Changer assortment of Construct-Bots will each retail for $24.99, and will be just Bumblebee and Blitzwing (seen above) — but they’ll each transform into both a car and a jet.
•The Ultimate assortment of Construct-Bots will retail for $34.99, and will come with both Optimus Prime and Megatron, both seen above. Both Transformers will include projectile-firing launchers.

A3741 Construct-Bots Ultimate Megatron Robot Mode

A5273 Construct-Bots Wheeljack Elite Vehicle Mode

A5274 Construct-Bots Soundwave Elite Robot Mode

A5274 Construct-Bots Soundwave Elite Vehicle Mode

Credit(s): Geekdad

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Hasbro Brings Out New Construct-Bots Building Sets (1456892)
Posted by Burn on January 21st, 2013 @ 6:12pm CST
They actually look pretty good.
Re: Hasbro Brings Out New Construct-Bots Building Sets (1456896)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on January 21st, 2013 @ 6:20pm CST
So from what i've seen this is Hasbro's answer to the Lego: Bionicle and/or Hero Factory kits. :-? It's okay in concept, however the colors and molding look like they could be wretched. I'm getting a slight B.t.R vibe from this. Well B.t.R mixed with those mega blok robots anyway. :lol:
Re: Hasbro Brings Out New Construct-Bots Building Sets (1456897)
Posted by VioMeTriX on January 21st, 2013 @ 6:21pm CST
Re: Hasbro Brings Out New Construct-Bots Building Sets (1456899)
Posted by RAcast on January 21st, 2013 @ 6:25pm CST
A for effort, Hasbro! I'll probably pick up Ironhide, he's easily my favorite. Screamer isn't too bad either.

Bee is just...why is he a triple changer?? XD But it looks good, despite being random (love the head).

I suspect Megatron is a triple changer too, what with the jet kibble on his arms there. Speaking of jet kibble, what in the Pit is Blitzwing!? He's a mess! And speaking of kibble, Prime's a mess too! :lol:

Wheeljack looks like he's seriously ready to deconstruct somebody! (and probably put them back together again, in record time! Like the Jackhammer!)

Soundwave is Cybertron Soundwave all over again, and I have no strong feelings one way or the other.

I'm all for these, here's to hoping they get better as they go! I've got a Hero Factory fellow or two (well, three technically :WHISTLE: ), I'm I quite like them. But I've always had a soft spot for Bionicle.

VioMeTriX wrote:im not a big fan of lanky gorilla arms, even less those with gorilla wing arms. i dont care for these but im sure theyll find theyre place. i just hope it doesnt mean the end of transformers as we know them, but highly unlikely

It's just a random subline to take advantage of the always good Bionicle/HF idea. And, being Lego-type stuff, you can always get shorter pieces for arms if you like. HF stuff is easy-ish to find on sale if you keep an eagle eye out for it at the end of a series.
Re: Hasbro Brings Out New Construct-Bots Building Sets (1456901)
Posted by Megazarak on January 21st, 2013 @ 6:29pm CST
So TF X Bionicle. That's pretty cool. I might get some of these, especially if we get some good character selection. I'd be down for a Triple Changer Scorponok. He could be a scorpion and jet again (since that'd probably be the easiest thing you could do with him, not to mention homage his Energon incarnation). I definitely see some potential here. And are these really not a subline of Kre-O? It makes sense that it would be.
Re: Hasbro Brings Out New Construct-Bots Building Sets (1456902)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on January 21st, 2013 @ 6:31pm CST
Re: Hasbro Brings Out New Construct-Bots Building Sets (1456904)
Posted by RAcast on January 21st, 2013 @ 6:32pm CST
Hmm, if I have one worry, I can't tell if they'll implement "friction adder" joints for some of the larger kits, like the HF line has been doing for, say, the XL heroes. They really help keep things from getting weaker with wear. The Claw Jaw/Splitface combo I put together is on the topheavy side, and while it stands up and poses just fine, the ball joints can slip if I'm not careful.
Re: Hasbro Brings Out New Construct-Bots Building Sets (1456907)
Posted by Mkall on January 21st, 2013 @ 6:36pm CST
First time we've seen a Blitzwing since Animated. I hope it's a good omen.

Either way, it's a neat expansion on the Kreo line, but in keeping with my buying habits and the Kreo line, I will not be buying these.
Re: Hasbro Brings Out New Construct-Bots Building Sets (1456908)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on January 21st, 2013 @ 6:37pm CST
RAcast wrote:Hmm, if I have one worry, I can't tell if they'll implement "friction adder" joints for some of the larger kits, like the HF line has been doing for, say, the XL heroes.

Of topic real quick, what are these "friction adders" you speak of. I don't know because I haven't bought any HF stuf..at all.
Re: Hasbro Brings Out New Construct-Bots Building Sets (1456909)
Posted by Anonymous. on January 21st, 2013 @ 6:39pm CST
And the only Blitzwing we'll get for another decade.
Re: Hasbro Brings Out New Construct-Bots Building Sets (1456912)
Posted by RAcast on January 21st, 2013 @ 6:56pm CST
SW's SilverHammer wrote:

It's simply a link that fits over an existing piece with a ball joint. Basically you can think of it as a piece that adds a bit of height without adding an extra point of movement. But they also have a bit of rubber inside the ball joint cup to add some friction.
Re: Hasbro Brings Out New Construct-Bots Building Sets (1456913)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on January 21st, 2013 @ 6:57pm CST
yeah no thanks. :SICK:
Re: Hasbro Brings Out New Construct-Bots Building Sets (1456915)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on January 21st, 2013 @ 6:59pm CST
RAcast wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:

ah thanks :)
Re: Hasbro Brings Out New Construct-Bots Building Sets (1456916)
Posted by dillotron on January 21st, 2013 @ 6:59pm CST
Blurrz wrote:And the only Blitzwing we'll get for another decade.

I know right! =P~ the last blitzwing we got was animated, and he doesn't even count.
Re: Hasbro Brings Out New Construct-Bots Building Sets (1456917)
Posted by --B-- on January 21st, 2013 @ 7:05pm CST
I dare say that bot and spaceship Bumblebee are badass!

My son loves hero factory, so he may like these. Those aforementioned friction joints keep things steady, but pop off easier than Titanium figures.
Re: Hasbro Brings Out New Construct-Bots Building Sets (1456918)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on January 21st, 2013 @ 7:08pm CST
These look interesting, if they transforn more so
Re: Hasbro Brings Out New Construct-Bots Building Sets (1456920)
Posted by njb902 on January 21st, 2013 @ 7:12pm CST
Re: Hasbro Brings Out New Construct-Bots Building Sets (1456921)
Posted by That Bot on January 21st, 2013 @ 7:13pm CST
Megatron Wolf wrote:so do these actually transform or do you have to pull it apart and slap it back together as a vehicle? If they transform im interested, transformers meets bionicle is a win in my book but if they dont transform ill pass (except for soundwave).

It looks to me like they transform by folding up and then you move around a few parts like wheels or accessories. So...minimal disassembly required?
Re: Hasbro Brings Out New Construct-Bots Building Sets (1456923)
Posted by RAcast on January 21st, 2013 @ 7:15pm CST
njb902 wrote:I've never liked the bionical/hero factory stuff, the limb connectors break way to easily. While some of these look nice I believe I'll be passing, cool idea though.

Geez, what do you do to your poor Bionicles? I played the crap out of mine when I was a kid and I never broke a single part. That stuff is made sturdy.
Re: Hasbro Brings Out New Construct-Bots Building Sets (1456924)
Posted by Rated X on January 21st, 2013 @ 7:22pm CST
In response to people constantly stealing our IP, we at Hasbro are proud to introduce our new and improved Classics lineup for 2013 !!! :lol:

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Movie MA-05 Protoform Optimus Prime - Time Remaining: 5 days 6 hours 29 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars Cyclonus W4 Mirage Prowl Sunstreaker Ironhide Set DHL - Time Remaining: 6 days 5 hours 14 minutes 16 seconds
Transformers Encore Reissue #18 Skids Brand - Time Remaining: 5 days 2 hours 15 minutes 42 seconds
Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-29 Shockwave Laserwave Action Figure G1+COIN - Time Remaining: 5 days 8 hours 17 minutes 18 seconds
BATTLE TACTICS BULKHEAD TRANSFORMERS PRIME RID CYBERVERSE COMMANDER CLASS NEW - Time Remaining: 6 days 1 hour 1 minute
SKYQUAKE TRANSFORMERS PRIME RID CYBERVERSE COMMANDER CLASS NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 6 days 1 hour 1 minute 27 seconds
TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE SDCC SOUNDWAVE 4 TAPES MISB - Time Remaining: 4 days 23 hours 52 minutes 52 seconds
AUTOBOT HOUND TRANSFORMERS CONSTRUCT-BOTS E1:03 NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 6 days 3 hours 18 minutes 3 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #146 - Happy Accidents