Hasbro cancels all further Transformer Prime: First Edition shipments

Transformers News: Hasbro cancels all further Transformer Prime: First Edition shipments

Friday, January 27th, 2012 6:10PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Mkall   Views: 38,535

A final nail in the coffin ends the distribution problems that have been plaguing the Transformers Prime: First Edition toyline with an email being sent to customers who have preorders for the figures at BigBadToyStore.

We apologize that we have learned that Hasbro has canceled these figures. We will be listing new TF Prime preorders on Wednesday 2/1. Some of these may convert to new listings and some will be canceled. We will email you with updates between now and Wednesday.
Thanks!
Customer Service Specialist
www.BigBadToyStore.com

We have received confirmation from Joel that this is indeed the case. Existing preorders will be updated where possible so, for example, instead of getting First Edition Cliffjumper, you will instead be getting RID Cliffjumper. The specifics of what will get updated and what the final results will be aren't known, but all will be revealed on Wednesday.
Credit(s): Joel of BigBadToyStore

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Hasbro cancels all further Transformer Prime: First Edition shipments (1339227)
Posted by Mkall on January 27th, 2012 @ 6:13pm CST
I haven't said the following phrase in a very long time.

**** you Hasbro. The First Edition distribution has been crap and you're apparently making no effort to improve things. I was looking forward to collecting the line but I think now I'm just going to watch it all slip past.
Re: Hasbro cancels all further Transformer Prime: First Edition shipments (1339229)
Posted by Xephon0930 on January 27th, 2012 @ 6:21pm CST
That's it,fuck you Hasbro. Have fun sucking on Takara's ****. You pieces of ****!!!!!
Re: Hasbro cancels all further Transformer Prime: First Edition shipments (1339233)
Posted by metaphorge on January 27th, 2012 @ 6:28pm CST
I am so very glad that, when the neutered Robots in Disguise versions showed up on the British market last week, I thought, "screw this bullcrap," canceled my American preorders and purchased or stacked two each of the Takara version of Bulkhead, Cliffjumper and Optimus.
Re: Hasbro cancels all further Transformer Prime: First Edition shipments (1339234)
Posted by Mr_Wayne on January 27th, 2012 @ 6:29pm CST
ebay here i come. (i really want the voyagers) and i was already holding out for the rid mold of cliff
Re: Hasbro cancels all further Transformer Prime: First Edition shipments (1339235)
Posted by fenrir72 on January 27th, 2012 @ 6:30pm CST
This line might have been a test balloon of sorts to determine its viability.

Unfortunately, even on Japanese online shops, they are all but sold out.
Re: Hasbro cancels all further Transformer Prime: First Edition shipments (1339238)
Posted by Laserwave13 on January 27th, 2012 @ 6:42pm CST
Great... What the hell would i want a RID CJ for when i pre-orderd the first edition. So after 2 month of waiting i can cancel all BBTS orders, now thats just great!

Thanks for nothing Hasbro!! I will stick to Takara for the future. Any maybe more of the older stuff. Meaning Hasbro USA can keep all that RID crap for good!!!

Thanks for beeing a jerk Hasbro!! After this shitload that was called DOTM toys now that.
Hopefully the collectors won´t forget this!!

And hopefully all domestic fans that attend BotCon will carry enough eggs to throw at you Hasbro!!

F*** you!!!! :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x
Re: Hasbro cancels all further Transformer Prime: First Edition shipments (1339240)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 27th, 2012 @ 6:46pm CST
That really sucks. I feel bad for everyone who ordered from BBTS thinking it ws the best thing to do. :(

I honestly don't know what Hasbro is thinking. These toys are a success, yet they seem to not want to sell them for whatever reason. It's like everything we thought we knew about the Prime line previously was just a huge, cruel prank. Big-name retailers are partially to blame for declining to order them, but online shops are all over these and Hasbro doesn't want to give them any product to sell. Absolutely ridiculous.
Re: Hasbro cancels all further Transformer Prime: First Edition shipments (1339245)
Posted by Erailea on January 27th, 2012 @ 6:56pm CST
**** you Hasbro indeed -__-

I think I really am going to order a few Takara figures just so Hasbro gets less money from me. Will cost me more but if I can work it into my budget for these toys it'll be my silent way of flicking Hasbro off for their BS.
Re: Hasbro cancels all further Transformer Prime: First Edition shipments (1339247)
Posted by ninjascythe79 on January 27th, 2012 @ 7:00pm CST
This is why I quit collecting transformers.....Because hasbro always does this b.s.
Re: Hasbro cancels all further Transformer Prime: First Edition shipments (1339251)
Posted by Agamemnon on January 27th, 2012 @ 7:18pm CST

Second, there has to be something else to this story. I wonder if the FE toys are not up to snuff QA wise, have sharp parts that could lead to litigation, or something like lead paint. As others have said, it doesn't make any sense to release so few toys from these molds.

I was looking for a reason to cut back on my hobbies. Looks like this might be it. I was really looking forward to these FE figures. Some of the RID just don't look as good. If I had seen them prior to any FE I'd be more excited. One thing's for sure: any of my FE that get converted to RID will be cancelled. Sorry, BBTS. Not your fault.
Re: Hasbro cancels all further Transformer Prime: First Edition shipments (1339252)
Posted by Flakmaster on January 27th, 2012 @ 7:18pm CST

scheisse, scheisse, SCHEISSE.
Re: Hasbro cancels all further Transformer Prime: First Edition shipments (1339254)
Posted by Cobalt Prime on January 27th, 2012 @ 7:28pm CST
Slag!

I expect this kind of crap from Mattel and Bandai America, but it seems that Hasbro has jumped on the bandwagon of moronic distribution games. Or maybe its the stores. Or maybe its cosmic rays. The point is that Transformers used to be the one line I always felt secure about being able to collect without any of that BS like I experienced with MOTU 2000 and PR RPM. Now even that warm fuzzy "no problem, I'll just go to tru or Target and there they'll be" feeling is gone. :-(

I just went into panic mode and blew my toy fund for the next couple weeks on FE Voyagers Op and Bulky, along with FE DX Cliffy, via an online source. Not happy at all about that, but I do NOT want those inferior RID versions after seeing the FE ones.

I will feel vindicated if I never see those FE toys at any store EVER. I will feel rage if I do see them show up locally. #-o

This Hobby has gotten kinda stressful.
Re: Hasbro cancels all further Transformer Prime: First Edition shipments (1339255)
Posted by Noideaforaname on January 27th, 2012 @ 7:31pm CST
What is going on with TF lines these days? First RTS Frenzy/Rumble, then DotM Soundwave, Wheeljack, and Leadfoot, and now many of the FE Prime toys just not getting any kind of release by Hasbro. I mean, this has got to be harming profits even just by tiny fraction, making all these molds and not being able to release them at all, right? Or at least drive the team behind the toys nuts.
Re: Hasbro cancels all further Transformer Prime: First Edition shipments (1339261)
Posted by griftimus prime on January 27th, 2012 @ 7:58pm CST
the first edition figs look way better. shame
Re: Hasbro cancels all further Transformer Prime: First Edition shipments (1339265)
Posted by TimothyR on January 27th, 2012 @ 8:02pm CST
Agamemnon wrote:First, this is the first time I've known Hasbro to do this specifically. I've never had an issue with BBTS filling one of my Transformers pre-orders in the past. I don't think it's fair to say Hasbro always does this. Sure, many of us are pissed, but let's not get ridiculous.

i highly doubt that it's the quality control aspect.

i think it was the time of year. stores NEVER get anything new during the holidays/right after the holidays.

my BIG problem is that instead of filling slots with new molds of new characters.. we get new molds of the same characters.. not only that, but the new molds are worse than the previous. what they should've done is rerelease the first edition figures in the RiD packaging.

It's bullshit that canada received the entire first edition line, while the US gets the shaft.

i say we get a lot of people together, and flood hasbros inbox with complaints.
Re: Hasbro cancels all further Transformer Prime: First Edition shipments (1339267)
Posted by 1111111222233333 on January 27th, 2012 @ 8:09pm CST
[quote]i say we get a lot of people together, and flood hasbros inbox with complaints.[/quote]

I'm with you on that; I just emailed Hasbro through their site. If they want to see demand, let's show them some damn demand.
Re: Hasbro cancels all further Transformer Prime: First Edition shipments (1339268)
Posted by Autobot032 on January 27th, 2012 @ 8:10pm CST
This is incredibly stupid. I know people think anger towards Hasbro is stupid and silly, most times, hell I've been one of them.

This time? No. It's completely reasonable and warranted. This has been a trainwreck since May.

Oversaturated the wrong figures, underproduced the new ones, then ceased DOTM completely, then brought along the First editions, canceled them and now have PRID on the shelves.

All in 8 months.

What a bloody cockup.
Re: Hasbro cancels all further Transformer Prime: First Edition shipments (1339269)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 27th, 2012 @ 8:12pm CST
First, I got the Comic Con exclusive Prime 1st ed from HTS. (This one will stay sealed because I'm pretty sure deluxe OP will turn up eventually.)

Weeks later...

I saw TF Prime FE in my local TrU at Laval (Québec, Canada). They only had Starscream and Bumblebee. That was last November, or early December. Being a Starscream fan I just took him.

A while later, I took another Starscream to keep MOC, just in case. At 17$+tax, it's expensive, but I'm a Screamers fan.

After Xmas, the TF Prime toys were discounted to 5$! Of course, only The Bee was left. At that price, I snatched two. One I keep sealed, the other I open. (Bumblebee is not great by the way.)

Finally, the voyagers are here! Monday, I went to Tru, only to find just Optimus Prime. I wanted Bulkead too, but he was gone. I passed on Arcee and Cliffjumper because the voyager is 30$+tax and the deluxes are 17$+tax. Beside, there will be more later, right? Optimus Prime rock. Way better in person than in pictures.

Yesterday, I sad "screw it" and took Arcee at TrU. Great and sexy figure!

But then, shit got real on 4chan's /toy/ board. I saw thet the First Edition figures will be no more and the regular wave will be different, even inferior molds!
Bulkhead is being scalped at insane prices on Ebay...
Panic mode activated.

I franctically call all the TrU of Laval and Montreal. NO BULKHEAD ANYWHERE! Just in case, I call the TrU at the next town over. THEY HAVE HIM! Several in fact.

So today, after work, I asked a co-worker to give me a lift to that TrU. (I don't have a car). I used my credit card and most of my food money to get two Bulheads, two Cliffjumpers, one more Arcee and one more Optimus.

I'll play with one, and keep the other sealed. One hour and a half of multiple city bus rides later, in a slushstorm, I'm finally home with my haul.

Yes, I'm an idiot who will have to live on bread and water for a few days, but I'm a happy idiot.

Here, have a picture.

I feel for you Amarican who can never have these figures at reasonable prices. But I juggle with sadistic glee that I got my revenge on all the ones I missed and I had to buy on Ebay because I live in Québec. (Glaring at you, MP Rodimus and 25th Unicron).
Re: Hasbro cancels all further Transformer Prime: First Edition shipments (1339270)
Posted by metaphorge on January 27th, 2012 @ 8:12pm CST
I'm not sure why they had to have a separate "First Edition" line in the first place.

I understand that the FE molds were initially slated to be part of Generation and that they got bumped. Is there really all that much difference in the new "more intuitive" transformation schemes that the RID figures are touted to feature? Does marketing always need to dumb things down to a greater and greater degree?

If this keeps up, we can look forward to the day when the heroic Jumpstarters efforts to foil the machinations of the evil Battlechargers... and little more.
Re: Hasbro cancels all further Transformer Prime: First Edition shipments (1339272)
Posted by AutobotCliffjumper on January 27th, 2012 @ 8:14pm CST
SERIOUSLY????? :sad: :-x :BANG_HEAD: :BOOM: :evil:
I can not believe this. I put in a preorder to BBTS and Hasbro screws it all over. Honestly, TFP Cliffjumper First Edition was the ONLY one that I wanted. I am so upset right now. I don't know whether I should just get the STUPID looking one or save up and get the Takara/scalpers ebay First Edition.
One unhappy dude right here.