Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail

Transformers News: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail

Saturday, July 26th, 2014 1:37PM CDT

Categories: Sightings, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 29,990

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Fellow Seibertron.com staff member and podcaster xRotorstormx is at it again, reporting a sighting of the moderately awaited sunshine iteration of the Masterpiece Seeker mold. Yes indeed, Masterpiece Sunstorm is rolling into stores as we speak, with this particular sighting coming from the Toys'R'Us store in Okemos, Michigan, priced at $79.99. Check it out on the shelf below, and make sure to note it in the Sightings section if you spot one close to you!

Transformers News: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail
Credit(s): xRotorstormx
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1593939)
Posted by Darkman20xx on July 26th, 2014 @ 2:04pm CDT
Really wish the Masterpiece line would make it's way to Target and Walmarts. Only way I could ever get into this line seriously is if I could find some of these guys on clearance. My wallet would hate me any other way.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1593944)
Posted by megatronus on July 26th, 2014 @ 2:21pm CDT
Darkman20xx wrote:Really wish the Masterpiece line would make it's way to Target and Walmarts. Only way I could ever get into this line seriously is if I could find some of these guys on clearance. My wallet would hate me any other way.

That's exactly why it won't happen - Target and Wal-Mart will never buy things they know they'll have to put on clearance.

But in other news, my Takara Sunstorm notwithstanding: I WANT THIS :BOOM: :BOOM: :BOOM:
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1593952)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 26th, 2014 @ 2:49pm CDT
megatronus wrote:
Darkman20xx wrote:Really wish the Masterpiece line would make it's way to Target and Walmarts. Only way I could ever get into this line seriously is if I could find some of these guys on clearance. My wallet would hate me any other way.

That's exactly why it won't happen - Target and Wal-Mart will never buy things they know they'll have to put on clearance.
And that's precisely what happened with the first three MPs Hasbro released. Optimus, Starscream, and Skywarp all shelfwarmed to seemingly no end at Walmarts everywhere. The stores just couldn't get rid of them. TRU is the only place willing to take them now since people are more willing to pay for toys at higher prices at TRU than they are at anywhere else.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1593956)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 26th, 2014 @ 3:03pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
megatronus wrote:
Darkman20xx wrote:Really wish the Masterpiece line would make it's way to Target and Walmarts. Only way I could ever get into this line seriously is if I could find some of these guys on clearance. My wallet would hate me any other way.

That's exactly why it won't happen - Target and Wal-Mart will never buy things they know they'll have to put on clearance.
And that's precisely what happened with the first three MPs Hasbro released. Optimus, Starscream, and Skywarp all shelfwarmed to seemingly no end at Walmarts everywhere. The stores just couldn't get rid of them. TRU is the only place willing to take them now since people are more willing to pay for toys at higher prices at TRU than they are at anywhere else.


I dont care, as long that TrU get them in sufficient numbers in EVERY STORES. The fact that for once, it dosent say "english edition" on the Canadian TrU website is a good sign that they'll come out in Quebec too.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1593959)
Posted by xRotorstormx on July 26th, 2014 @ 3:25pm CDT
There were 2 on the shelf, which seems to be the standard for what I have been seeing. I bought one and there was another guy contemplating it and then grabbed it. Didn't ask if that was all they had in stock or not.

At least I had a $10 off coupon for being a rewards member :DANCE:
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1593961)
Posted by Shockwave7 on July 26th, 2014 @ 3:31pm CDT
megatronus wrote:
Darkman20xx wrote:Really wish the Masterpiece line would make it's way to Target and Walmarts. Only way I could ever get into this line seriously is if I could find some of these guys on clearance. My wallet would hate me any other way.

That's exactly why it won't happen - Target and Wal-Mart will never buy things they know they'll have to put on clearance.


Remember Masterpiece Skywarp? He was a Walmart exclusive. They ordered too many, and a whole bunch of them wound up on clearance for about $20 each. Best deal I ever saw. I got two...

But yeah, TRU seems the only place to get MP figures now, and even their 'clearance' prices are sky high. Good luck.

PS - the new packaging still sux.....
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1593974)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on July 26th, 2014 @ 4:46pm CDT
I found both Grimlock and Sunstorm in a Toysrus in Windsor, which is across the border from Detroit. I actually picked up Grimlock, which makes him my 4th Masterpiece
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1593975)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on July 26th, 2014 @ 4:48pm CDT
Also, did anyone notice that the box art of Sunstorm is the older Seeker mold
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1593977)
Posted by Railbomb on July 26th, 2014 @ 4:51pm CDT
Masterpiece figures seem to fly off the shelves around me. The only reason I got Grimlock was because I got there when they opened. The week after all 6 were gone.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1593997)
Posted by megatronus on July 26th, 2014 @ 6:26pm CDT
welcometothedarksyde wrote:Also, did anyone notice that the box art of Sunstorm is the older Seeker mold

That's actually a pretty significant screw up... Is there really zero oversight on these things?
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1594008)
Posted by Convoy on July 26th, 2014 @ 7:10pm CDT
If it wasn't for Takara and the internet I'm not sure I'd even have a masterpiece collection.
I just counted and, not including cassettes, I only have seven MP molds. For some reason it feels bigger. It still stands that if I relied on Hasbro I might have an Acid Storm, *shudders*, and that's about it.
Wheeljack, Ultra Magnus, Bumblebee, Star Saber.
Two to three of those four will probably see a wider release. Have fun fighting those scalpers. The hunt used to be more physical but it's still fun in a different way. All of them will be mine! (Thanks Internet and TakaraTomy!)
I still want an MP Sunstorm. I'm hoping this release somehow brings down the price of the hawt version with approved flames.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1594014)
Posted by padfoo on July 26th, 2014 @ 8:31pm CDT
Darkman20xx wrote:Really wish the Masterpiece line would make it's way to Target and Walmarts. Only way I could ever get into this line seriously is if I could find some of these guys on clearance. My wallet would hate me any other way.

I purchased both Starscream and Skywarp when Walmart sold them, and they were pretty easy to find. I purchased two copies of each and Skywarp was on clearance. People never really bought them when they were available and this the reason why they are only at TRU. I hear people complain all the time about why they dont release Starscream..... but they did and the response to the figure while good was not great!
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1594018)
Posted by pie-man on July 26th, 2014 @ 8:56pm CDT
I found MP Acid Storm on clearance in T"R"U in tiny Erie, PA.... and I didn't pick it up! It was gone the next day!

Was kicking myself about that until I found a MP Grimlock in Columbus OH. Now I'm debating whether to open the box or not. :-s
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1594023)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 26th, 2014 @ 10:22pm CDT
pie-man wrote:I found MP Acid Storm on clearance in T"R"U in tiny Erie, PA.... and I didn't pick it up! It was gone the next day!

Was kicking myself about that until I found a MP Grimlock in Columbus OH. Now I'm debating whether to open the box or not. :-s


First, welcome. second, are you serious? The only MP Grimlock that is worth keeping sealed is the original, first edition Takara release. This one is like, the 1000th re-issue. Open him up and enjoy the damn toy! If not, I hope you like starring at your 100$ cardboard box.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1594024)
Posted by megatronus on July 26th, 2014 @ 10:34pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
pie-man wrote:I found MP Acid Storm on clearance in T"R"U in tiny Erie, PA.... and I didn't pick it up! It was gone the next day!

Was kicking myself about that until I found a MP Grimlock in Columbus OH. Now I'm debating whether to open the box or not. :-s


First, welcome. second, are you serious? The only MP Grimlock that is worth keeping sealed is the original, first edition Takara release. This one is like, the 1000th re-issue. Open him up and enjoy the damn toy! If not, I hope you like starring at your 100$ cardboard box.

The original Hasbro version is worth keeping sealed, too. That guy sells for a bundle.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1594027)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 26th, 2014 @ 11:07pm CDT
megatronus wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
pie-man wrote:I found MP Acid Storm on clearance in T"R"U in tiny Erie, PA.... and I didn't pick it up! It was gone the next day!

Was kicking myself about that until I found a MP Grimlock in Columbus OH. Now I'm debating whether to open the box or not. :-s


First, welcome. second, are you serious? The only MP Grimlock that is worth keeping sealed is the original, first edition Takara release. This one is like, the 1000th re-issue. Open him up and enjoy the damn toy! If not, I hope you like starring at your 100$ cardboard box.

The original Hasbro version is worth keeping sealed, too. That guy sells for a bundle.


That too. And at least, that box is clear.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1594028)
Posted by megatronus on July 26th, 2014 @ 11:14pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
megatronus wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
pie-man wrote:I found MP Acid Storm on clearance in T"R"U in tiny Erie, PA.... and I didn't pick it up! It was gone the next day!

Was kicking myself about that until I found a MP Grimlock in Columbus OH. Now I'm debating whether to open the box or not. :-s


First, welcome. second, are you serious? The only MP Grimlock that is worth keeping sealed is the original, first edition Takara release. This one is like, the 1000th re-issue. Open him up and enjoy the damn toy! If not, I hope you like starring at your 100$ cardboard box.

The original Hasbro version is worth keeping sealed, too. That guy sells for a bundle.


That too. And at least, that box is clear.

Yup. Which is why I opted to open my Takara original, and keep my Hasbro one in box ;)
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1594036)
Posted by pie-man on July 27th, 2014 @ 12:43am CDT
by -Kanrabat- » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:22 pm

pie-man wrote:
I found MP Acid Storm on clearance in T"R"U in tiny Erie, PA.... and I didn't pick it up! It was gone the next day!

Was kicking myself about that until I found a MP Grimlock in Columbus OH. Now I'm debating whether to open the box or not. :-s


First, welcome. second, are you serious? The only MP Grimlock that is worth keeping sealed is the original, first edition Takara release. This one is like, the 1000th re-issue. Open him up and enjoy the damn toy! If not, I hope you like starring at your 100$ cardboard box.

---------------------------

Sorry.... couldn't figure out how to copy the previous posts!

Thanks for the welcome, and the suggestion. It's the first one I've ever kept beyond a day without opening! :-)
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1594050)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 27th, 2014 @ 4:32am CDT
pie-man wrote:
Sorry.... couldn't figure out how to copy the previous posts!

Thanks for the welcome, and the suggestion. It's the first one I've ever kept beyond a day without opening! :-)


On the top part of the post, look for the QUOTE button. Click it, and it send you right into reply mode with the quote already prepared for you!

Also, seriously, MP-Grimlock is worth it. I literally fell onto one completely randomly when I went hunting at TrU. The worker didnt have the time to place it on the shelf! And it may be the only one the ever had and ever will! Sure, 115$ total for it was a lot of money, and my rent will be a wee bit late, but I knew I HAD to buy it at this very instant or regret it forever. I would never, ever have ordered it online at 150$ plus shipping, yet alone the 200-300$ it was going for before. Said I didnt liked G1 Grimlock that much.

However, to finally own one and to have transformed him, I'm a convert! This MP feel SOLID like a real toy. He will not break appart easely and there's no scary/fragile parts in his transformation. Mine inexplicably came without instruction. Still, he was easy to figure out. MP-Grimlock is a fun TF worth to be played with. So don't wait anymore. Open him up and enjoy!
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1594174)
Posted by Erailea on July 27th, 2014 @ 2:37pm CDT
Meh. I'll care about the MP Seekers when Starscream or Slipstream come around.

Until then, money saved = happy wallet.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1594181)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 27th, 2014 @ 2:56pm CDT
Erailea wrote:Meh. I'll care about the MP Seekers when Starscream or Slipstream come around.

Until then, money saved = happy wallet.


Slipstream would need her own mold. Also, she's not G1. So, you can forget about her. As for Starscream, because he's not Optimus and there's already a MP Strascream that came out in the USA, I sincerly doubt they'll release MP-11 outside of Japan. Especially with the Coronation Set. You may have no choice but to pay the 200$ MP-11 go for.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1594184)
Posted by Erailea on July 27th, 2014 @ 3:01pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Erailea wrote:Meh. I'll care about the MP Seekers when Starscream or Slipstream come around.

Until then, money saved = happy wallet.


Slipstream would need her own mold. Also, she's not G1. So, you can forget about her. As for Starscream, because he's not Optimus and there's already a MP Strascream that came out in the USA, I sincerly doubt they'll release MP-11 outside of Japan. Especially with the Coronation Set. You may have no choice but to pay the 200$ MP-11 go for.


Well, obviously. I didn't mean she'd be the same mold or that she was of G1. I only said she's one of two Seekers I'd give a hoot about. All others mean nothing to me, as far as desirability goes.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1594203)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 27th, 2014 @ 4:02pm CDT
Erailea wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Erailea wrote:Meh. I'll care about the MP Seekers when Starscream or Slipstream come around.

Until then, money saved = happy wallet.


Slipstream would need her own mold. Also, she's not G1. So, you can forget about her. As for Starscream, because he's not Optimus and there's already a MP Strascream that came out in the USA, I sincerly doubt they'll release MP-11 outside of Japan. Especially with the Coronation Set. You may have no choice but to pay the 200$ MP-11 go for.


Well, obviously. I didn't mean she'd be the same mold or that she was of G1. I only said she's one of two Seekers I'd give a hoot about. All others mean nothing to me, as far as desirability goes.


Well, you should bite the bullet and get MP-11 then. Especially if you dont have MP-03 in G1 colors.

As for Slipstream, I'd really like a toy of her, like a way more feminine version of Animated Starscream. For now, there's that Club Exclusive but it just dosent work. Maybe with a remold of the upcoming Windblade, it would be possible. Yeah, I'd like that. At worst, customising a Slipstream out of Windblade is always a possibility.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1594205)
Posted by megatronus on July 27th, 2014 @ 4:05pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:For now, there's that Club Exclusive but it just dosent work.

Puh-lease. Speak for yourself. TFSS Slipstream is beautiful, and works just fine for me.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1594208)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 27th, 2014 @ 4:18pm CDT
megatronus wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:For now, there's that Club Exclusive but it just dosent work.

Puh-lease. Speak for yourself. TFSS Slipstream is beautiful, and works just fine for me.

Like they say, to each their own. Emgo even pointed out a "fix" for her to not make her look like the crounching Strscream. Just don't peg the back thing and she'll be straight and better looking. Still, 90$ for an imperfect figure is too much for me.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1594213)
Posted by megatronus on July 27th, 2014 @ 4:33pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
megatronus wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:For now, there's that Club Exclusive but it just dosent work.

Puh-lease. Speak for yourself. TFSS Slipstream is beautiful, and works just fine for me.

Like they say, to each their own. Emgo even pointed out a "fix" for her to not make her look like the crounching Strscream. Just don't peg the back thing and she'll be straight and better looking. Still, 90$ for an imperfect figure is too much for me.

Got mine for <$50 off ebay. So I'm not sure where you're getting your prices from... even BBTS has her on clearance for $70. A few months ago, she was $60 on TFsource (out of stock now, though).
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1594219)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 27th, 2014 @ 5:00pm CDT
megatronus wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
megatronus wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:For now, there's that Club Exclusive but it just dosent work.

Puh-lease. Speak for yourself. TFSS Slipstream is beautiful, and works just fine for me.

Like they say, to each their own. Emgo even pointed out a "fix" for her to not make her look like the crounching Strscream. Just don't peg the back thing and she'll be straight and better looking. Still, 90$ for an imperfect figure is too much for me.

Got mine for <$50 off ebay. So I'm not sure where you're getting your prices from... even BBTS has her on clearance for $70. A few months ago, she was $60 on TFsource (out of stock now, though).


I'm adding shipping, obviously. I'm in Canada so...
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1594294)
Posted by Darkman20xx on July 28th, 2014 @ 1:00am CDT
padfoo wrote:
Darkman20xx wrote:Really wish the Masterpiece line would make it's way to Target and Walmarts. Only way I could ever get into this line seriously is if I could find some of these guys on clearance. My wallet would hate me any other way.

I purchased both Starscream and Skywarp when Walmart sold them, and they were pretty easy to find. I purchased two copies of each and Skywarp was on clearance. People never really bought them when they were available and this the reason why they are only at TRU. I hear people complain all the time about why they dont release Starscream..... but they did and the response to the figure while good was not great!



I know those were released. That's the only two plus Grimlock that I've bought. Plus the reason that they didn't do well then is that they didn't really give a serious indication of how far the Masterpiece line would go. How many are kicking themselves that they did not buy those figures knowing now they would be close to completing a full line of them. They should have mixed some cars in then because if I'm not mistaken the only Autobot available then was Prime.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1594297)
Posted by megatronus on July 28th, 2014 @ 1:15am CDT
Darkman20xx wrote:
padfoo wrote:
Darkman20xx wrote:Really wish the Masterpiece line would make it's way to Target and Walmarts. Only way I could ever get into this line seriously is if I could find some of these guys on clearance. My wallet would hate me any other way.

I purchased both Starscream and Skywarp when Walmart sold them, and they were pretty easy to find. I purchased two copies of each and Skywarp was on clearance. People never really bought them when they were available and this the reason why they are only at TRU. I hear people complain all the time about why they dont release Starscream..... but they did and the response to the figure while good was not great!



I know those were released. That's the only two plus Grimlock that I've bought. Plus the reason that they didn't do well then is that they didn't really give a serious indication of how far the Masterpiece line would go. How many are kicking themselves that they did not buy those figures knowing now they would be close to completing a full line of them. They should have mixed some cars in then because if I'm not mistaken the only Autobot available then was Prime.

I had Wal-Mart Starscream & Skywarp. I sold them. And I'm certainly not kicking myself.

The MP-11 seriously upped the ante, and I will collect every version of that mold that I can. But MP-03 redecos? Nah.

I think the whole "they didn't do well because people didn't know how far the line would go" is putting the cart before the horse. I doubt people got into Transformers 30 years ago because they knew the brand had a minimum of 30 years of staying power. We got on board because we liked it. So too with MPs. We like them, and buy them, and because we buy them, HasTak makes more of them. I think the promise of an extended continuation of the line helped accelerate the growth in popularity of MPs, but I don't think it was an a priori reason for that popularity.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1594304)
Posted by Darkman20xx on July 28th, 2014 @ 2:42am CDT
megatronus wrote:
Darkman20xx wrote:
padfoo wrote:
Darkman20xx wrote:Really wish the Masterpiece line would make it's way to Target and Walmarts. Only way I could ever get into this line seriously is if I could find some of these guys on clearance. My wallet would hate me any other way.

I purchased both Starscream and Skywarp when Walmart sold them, and they were pretty easy to find. I purchased two copies of each and Skywarp was on clearance. People never really bought them when they were available and this the reason why they are only at TRU. I hear people complain all the time about why they dont release Starscream..... but they did and the response to the figure while good was not great!



I know those were released. That's the only two plus Grimlock that I've bought. Plus the reason that they didn't do well then is that they didn't really give a serious indication of how far the Masterpiece line would go. How many are kicking themselves that they did not buy those figures knowing now they would be close to completing a full line of them. They should have mixed some cars in then because if I'm not mistaken the only Autobot available then was Prime.

I had Wal-Mart Starscream & Skywarp. I sold them. And I'm certainly not kicking myself.

The MP-11 seriously upped the ante, and I will collect every version of that mold that I can. But MP-03 redecos? Nah.

I think the whole "they didn't do well because people didn't know how far the line would go" is putting the cart before the horse. I doubt people got into Transformers 30 years ago because they knew the brand had a minimum of 30 years of staying power. We got on board because we liked it. So too with MPs. We like them, and buy them, and because we buy them, HasTak makes more of them. I think the promise of an extended continuation of the line helped accelerate the growth in popularity of MPs, but I don't think it was an a priori reason for that popularity.



True.....but at the time Transformers released they had a good assortment of Autobots and Decepticons. I know my friends and I were begging for autobots for Christmas while the MP line just had the large prime. I look at the MP like the C.H.U.G. line when it started. You had Prime, Megatron, Tankor, Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Starscream, Mirage, and Jetfire. Then Skywarp and Magnus in a 2 pack. No one really knew what to make of the line so few got bought until Henkei came out and people realized that there was potential for a full line. Then the prices of the originals skyrocketed as people clamored to get the one's they passed on. Those were what...$20 bucks for Voyagers and $14 for deluxes? It was going to be tough to get a lot of people paying $70 plus for Starscream and Skywarp when there was no promise of getting anything near what the MP line is getting now. Not to mention Prime was over $100 with no trailer and Megatron was Asian only because of the whole gun mode thing. I'm glad the MP line is where it is. My thing about the clearance is in order for me to catch up I would need to be able to grab some of the lesser people like Sunstorm for cheap so I can pay the extra costs for the others. TRU almost never clearances TF's so there is likely no chance of them doing it with these either.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1594330)
Posted by megatronus on July 28th, 2014 @ 6:37am CDT
Darkman20xx wrote:True.....but at the time Transformers released they had a good assortment of Autobots and Decepticons. I know my friends and I were begging for autobots for Christmas while the MP line just had the large prime. I look at the MP like the C.H.U.G. line when it started. You had Prime, Megatron, Tankor, Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Starscream, Mirage, and Jetfire. Then Skywarp and Magnus in a 2 pack. No one really knew what to make of the line so few got bought until Henkei came out and people realized that there was potential for a full line. Then the prices of the originals skyrocketed as people clamored to get the one's they passed on. Those were what...$20 bucks for Voyagers and $14 for deluxes? It was going to be tough to get a lot of people paying $70 plus for Starscream and Skywarp when there was no promise of getting anything near what the MP line is getting now. Not to mention Prime was over $100 with no trailer and Megatron was Asian only because of the whole gun mode thing. I'm glad the MP line is where it is. My thing about the clearance is in order for me to catch up I would need to be able to grab some of the lesser people like Sunstorm for cheap so I can pay the extra costs for the others. TRU almost never clearances TF's so there is likely no chance of them doing it with these either.

There's a chance Sunstorm will go on clearance. Acid Storm was available on the TRU website for $48 for a small while. And with people balking at TRU's Prowl... Who knows?
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1595285)
Posted by Va'al on July 31st, 2014 @ 6:32am CDT
After Sunstorm showing up, we also have a Seibertron.com sighting for the Hasbro release of Transformers Masterpiece Prowl! Coming from fellow user God Magnus, the cop bot was found at a Toys'R'Us store in Livonia, Michigan, priced at $69.99 plus tax - check out photo proof below and make sure to register any sightings of your own in our dedicated section!

Image
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1595289)
Posted by steve2275 on July 31st, 2014 @ 7:01am CDT
worth every cent
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1595299)
Posted by mooncake623 on July 31st, 2014 @ 8:08am CDT
wow that's really expensive..
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1595306)
Posted by reluctantyouth on July 31st, 2014 @ 8:36am CDT
He is not worth that much I'm sorry. >:oP He should be $49.99-$54.99 and not a penny more. Again I'll stick with my KO I got off Ebay for $34 shipped...he was worth every penny. :BOT:
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1595310)
Posted by Tigertrack on July 31st, 2014 @ 8:50am CDT
Good find Tony. Probably be the only one we see in our area.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1595313)
Posted by Trikeboy on July 31st, 2014 @ 8:57am CDT
If that is the price for the Hasbro release, you would probably do better just buying the TakaraTomy one.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1595317)
Posted by OmicronZero on July 31st, 2014 @ 9:06am CDT
So the Hasbro releases of the Autobot cars will cost as much, if not more, than a well priced ("good find") TakaraTomy import? That... seems like a horrible business strategy. I suppose I'll just be importing the rest of the cars, as there's little point in waiting if the local price isn't lower. Of course the jacked up price could just be TRU, who love to mark up their merchandise and seemingly hate Transformers of late.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1595320)
Posted by God Magnus on July 31st, 2014 @ 9:18am CDT
Trikeboy wrote:If that is the price for the Hasbro release, you would probably do better just buying the TakaraTomy one.

Yeah, I'm definitely not going to be waiting for the Hasbro releases anymore. I only wish I had found a Sunstorm at the same time to take advantage of the BOGO 50% sale.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1595324)
Posted by ScottyP on July 31st, 2014 @ 9:35am CDT
reluctantyouth wrote:He is not worth that much I'm sorry. >:oP He should be $49.99-$54.99 and not a penny more. Again I'll stick with my KO I got off Ebay for $34 shipped...he was worth every penny. :BOT:


Couldn't disagree more, and buying KOs of current MP figures does nothing but harm to the future of the line.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1595325)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 31st, 2014 @ 9:40am CDT
ScottyP wrote:
reluctantyouth wrote:He is not worth that much I'm sorry. >:oP He should be $49.99-$54.99 and not a penny more. Again I'll stick with my KO I got off Ebay for $34 shipped...he was worth every penny. :BOT:


Couldn't disagree more, and buying KOs of current MP figures does nothing but harm to the future of the line.
Still, he does at lest have a point about the price. A Hasbro MP shouldn't be more expensive to buy in the U.S. than a Takara MP.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1595327)
Posted by ScottyP on July 31st, 2014 @ 9:47am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
reluctantyouth wrote:He is not worth that much I'm sorry. >:oP He should be $49.99-$54.99 and not a penny more. Again I'll stick with my KO I got off Ebay for $34 shipped...he was worth every penny. :BOT:


Couldn't disagree more, and buying KOs of current MP figures does nothing but harm to the future of the line.
Still, he does at lest have a point about the price. A Hasbro MP shouldn't be more expensive to buy in the U.S. than a Takara MP.


I disagree with that too. I don't know where this price argument comes from.

- My Takara Prowl was about $60 shipped from HLJ when they were brand spankin' new. The ¥4,640 tag they had before shipping was discounted from the Takara MSRP of ¥5,800. Had I paid the Takara MSRP and shipping, it would have cost just as much as at TRU now. Also, HLJ sells out quick - some luck is involved to get that sort of price.

- A lot of collectors probably went with BBTS and paid, after shipping, around $90 (assuming POL was not used), or about $81 if they shipped it with other stuff in a POL. That's more than TRU, easy.

Hasbro does not owe us a significant discount for domesticating the release. I can't explain how on Earth they do the seekers so cheaply when Takara won't, but I just don't see the problem.

Now, increase the TRU price another $10-$20, and I'd say yes, it is not worth it to buy the domestic one over the import. As it stands now, it's roughly the same, and I don't get the big deal.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1595329)
Posted by screamersghost on July 31st, 2014 @ 10:05am CDT
This figure is NOT worth 69.99. I was hesitant to pay $60 shipped off ebay. Plus the box is nothing but a waste of material, you could fit 3 prowl in it.

I can't wait for people to bitch about takara magnus and wait for the US release. Let's see hasbro beat anime-export.com price of $122. :CON:
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1595333)
Posted by reluctantyouth on July 31st, 2014 @ 10:13am CDT
Sorry...didn't mean to start a price argument here.

I based my argument solely on the fact that come on now Prowl is priced only $10 less than a seeker like Sunstorm? You're getting a lot more bot for your buck with a seeker than Prowl. Granted if Sunstorm was $99 and Prowl was $69 then I'd say that price point is justified no matter how ridiculous it is. As it stands now Prowl remains overpriced in my opinion.

I'm not trying to discredit the future of the line by buying into KOs either. But heck, despite being highly educated with a masters, I entered into a field that pays diddly. Being able to get a decent representation of something I collect for a price I can actually afford means the world to me. That is why I would support a KO now and then.

Not everyone has the extra funds to enjoy this hobby...and a mighty pricey hobby it is. :BOT:
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1595334)
Posted by omega666 on July 31st, 2014 @ 10:14am CDT
70 bucks for THIS? No. I'd rather just import them from Takara. Glad I already have this and the other Autobots. Good for those that don't already have this figure and now have an opportunity to get one but this is TRU marking they hell up with all their prices. That's what sucks about TRU being the only place that sells Masterieces (remembers the time buying MP Starscream at Walmart for $50 and then many MP Skywarps on clearance).
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1595335)
Posted by reluctantyouth on July 31st, 2014 @ 10:19am CDT
omega666 wrote:70 bucks for THIS? No. I'd rather just import them from Takara. Glad I already have this and the other Autobots. Good for those that don't already have this figure and now have an opportunity to get one but this is TRU marking they hell up with all their prices. That's what sucks about TRU being the only place that sells Masterieces (remembers the time buying MP Starscream at Walmart for $50 and then many MP Skywarps on clearance).



Ahhhhh...yes those were the days. I bought 3 Starscreams at full pop. I bought 4 Skywarps at $20 a piece. Made out like a bandit 2 years ago on those. :BOT:
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1595345)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 31st, 2014 @ 10:34am CDT
Just in time for my birthday today! I'll be stopping by my local Toys "R" Us today: if they have even one Prowl, I'll be jumping on it.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1595346)
Posted by Darkman20xx on July 31st, 2014 @ 10:38am CDT
reluctantyouth wrote:
omega666 wrote:70 bucks for THIS? No. I'd rather just import them from Takara. Glad I already have this and the other Autobots. Good for those that don't already have this figure and now have an opportunity to get one but this is TRU marking they hell up with all their prices. That's what sucks about TRU being the only place that sells Masterieces (remembers the time buying MP Starscream at Walmart for $50 and then many MP Skywarps on clearance).



Ahhhhh...yes those were the days. I bought 3 Starscreams at full pop. I bought 4 Skywarps at $20 a piece. Made out like a bandit 2 years ago on those. :BOT:



This was exactly what I said a couple pages back. TRU already usually marks things up a couple of dollars but then they have to sit for an eternity to be clearanced if they ever are. Even then it's only by maybe $5 or $10 dollars. I would really love these to show up in Target the way the do things now. I've seen TF's clearance in Target 75% 2 months after release.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1595354)
Posted by Optimizzy on July 31st, 2014 @ 10:56am CDT
where are you guys getting the Takara version shipped from? Every place ive seen has him at 59.99 (or more) and nearly $20 in shipping. I'd just get the Hasbro released one.

Seriously. Math guys. If I had found it cheaper to import I's be for it, but it isn't.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm Sighted at US Retail (1595359)
Posted by Darkman20xx on July 31st, 2014 @ 11:10am CDT
Optimizzy wrote:where are you guys getting the Takara version shipped from? Every place ive seen has him at 59.99 (or more) and nearly $20 in shipping. I'd just get the Hasbro released one.

Seriously. Math guys. If I had found it cheaper to import I's be for it, but it isn't.



I might be mistaken but I think the fact of the wait for the US release vs having months ago plays into as well. My thing is the price overall. This is price $10 less than Masterpiece Grimlock.

Click here to view an additional 19 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #101 - Talkin' 'Bout My Generations
Twincast / Podcast #101:
"Talkin' 'Bout My Generations"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 21st, 2014