Transformers News: Hasbro Press Event Coverage: First Images of Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Optimus Prime!

Wednesday, October 9th, 2013 5:47PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Movie News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 89,728

Seibertron is live at Hasbro's press event in New York preceding NYCC 2013 and we have our first look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Optimus Prime figure. We see the figure in both robot and his new Western Star truck vehicle mode. The figure will have a suggested retail price of $44.99 and will be out in May of next year. According to Seibertron it appears to be a little smaller than previous movie Leader Class figures. Check out the images below!

Transformers News: Hasbro Press Event Coverage: First Images of Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Hasbro Press Event Coverage: First Images of Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Optimus Prime! (1522840)
Posted by Burn on October 9th, 2013 @ 5:49pm CDT
Alt mode is nice ... but ... robot mode is a bit ... odd.
Re: Hasbro Press Event Coverage: First Images of Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Optimus Prime! (1522841)
Posted by Uncommon on October 9th, 2013 @ 5:49pm CDT
Looks pretty shell-former-y to me...
Re: Hasbro Press Event Coverage: First Images of Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Optimus Prime! (1522842)
Posted by ScottyP on October 9th, 2013 @ 5:51pm CDT
Re: Hasbro Press Event Coverage: First Images of Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Optimus Prime! (1522843)
Posted by Noideaforaname on October 9th, 2013 @ 5:56pm CDT
Fake chest and gargantuan amounts of truck just hanging off the back. Awful.

The actual robot design seems kinda interesting, though, from what I can tell. Kinda like a knight.

ScottyP wrote:Kinda looks like an upscaled Cyberverse toy. Never seen that before. Nope. :HEADHURTS:

I think a Cyberverse would've incorporated the truck kibble better, actually.
Re: Hasbro Press Event Coverage: First Images of Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Optimus Prime! (1522844)
Posted by Venowtron on October 9th, 2013 @ 5:57pm CDT
Nice, but I kind of wish it was the CGI model
Re: Hasbro Press Event Coverage: First Images of Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Optimus Prime! (1522845)
Posted by Mkall on October 9th, 2013 @ 6:01pm CDT
And for a few minutes I was worried I might like it. I'm glad I don't. This movie line will once again allow me to save my money.

I know why they did it like this; to make it simpler for children to play with. But the whole thing seems off.
Re: Hasbro Press Event Coverage: First Images of Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Optimus Prime! (1522846)
Posted by VioMeTriX on October 9th, 2013 @ 6:02pm CDT
well i didnt think they could ruin OP anymore.... great job guys ( they mustve consulted the ninja turtles on body designs)
Re: Hasbro Press Event Coverage: First Images of Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Optimus Prime! (1522847)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on October 9th, 2013 @ 6:07pm CDT
Does his shield/key thing have the blade of Voltron's blazing sword in between the yellow halves?

Regardless, the Bayniverse crushed my completism long, loooong ago. I assumed I'd be buying little beyond the Dinobots anyway.
Re: Hasbro Press Event Coverage: First Images of Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Optimus Prime! (1522848)
Posted by Venoose1 on October 9th, 2013 @ 6:09pm CDT
Look how skinny his arms are! I swear this is C3PO dressing up for Botcon!
Re: Hasbro Press Event Coverage: First Images of Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Optimus Prime! (1522849)
Posted by SkyWarpsGhost on October 9th, 2013 @ 6:09pm CDT
At first I thought it was cool, but the more I look at him all I see is all the panels hanging off him. Defo getting lazy up in Pawtucket.
Re: Hasbro Press Event Coverage: First Images of Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Optimus Prime! (1522850)
Posted by ILL-Star on October 9th, 2013 @ 6:12pm CDT
Optimus Prime figures don't usually have that much kibble on them. At least not like that. It almost appears as if he has a cape in this movie. The robot and vehicle modes look nice. Hearing that he looks smaller bothers me. Definitely waiting for a more screen accurate paint job this time. It is nice to finally see Prime's new robot mode though.

The robot mode actually resembles PRID Ultra Magnus.
Re: Hasbro Press Event Coverage: First Images of Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Optimus Prime! (1522852)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on October 9th, 2013 @ 6:14pm CDT
Since this is Hasbro, it could be mistransformed.
Re: Hasbro Press Event Coverage: First Images of Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Optimus Prime! (1522855)
Posted by Manterax Prime on October 9th, 2013 @ 6:28pm CDT
I must say, I'm impressed. I like it.

Also, nobody seems to have mentioned on big detail. CHROME IS BACK!
Re: Hasbro Press Event Coverage: First Images of Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Optimus Prime! (1522856)
Posted by kirbenvost on October 9th, 2013 @ 6:31pm CDT
Chromey.

B'aww, that reminded me of the current IDW universe.

Anyway, back on topic: Nice truck mode, if they keep the chrome. Bot mode is a meh and a pass, but at least it's better than Ultimate OP.
Re: Hasbro Press Event Coverage: First Images of Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Optimus Prime! (1522857)
Posted by megatronus on October 9th, 2013 @ 6:32pm CDT
Hmmm... it looks like they are very much funneling design cues from TF: Prime back into the movie figures. Neat-o!

The kibble is somewhat depressing. However, I'm still eager to get more pics of this guy, and I'm curious to see if that nice chrome carries over to the final product.
Re: Hasbro Press Event Coverage: First Images of Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Optimus Prime! (1522858)
Posted by Xephon0930 on October 9th, 2013 @ 6:32pm CDT
If they(as in Hasbro)think that I would shell out $40+ for this,then they're high!!!!

It doesn't even look passable enough to be deluxe class. This line and film shall be an easy skip for me.
Re: Hasbro Press Event Coverage: First Images of Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Optimus Prime! (1522859)
Posted by Rated X on October 9th, 2013 @ 6:33pm CDT
Looks like an Alpha Trion body with a Prime head. Dunk him in purple dye and make a 3rd party AT head and we might have something worth buying...
Re: Hasbro Press Event Coverage: First Images of Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Optimus Prime! (1522860)
Posted by megatronus on October 9th, 2013 @ 6:34pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Looks like an Alpha Trion body with a Prime head. A little purple dye and a 3rd party AT head and we might have something worth buying...

Agreed!
Re: Hasbro Press Event Coverage: First Images of Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Optimus Prime! (1522863)
Posted by Bounti76 on October 9th, 2013 @ 6:38pm CDT
While I'm not terribly impressed with the excessive amount of kibble hanging off the back, nor the fake chest, the robot mode is fairly cool, and I do like all the chromed plastic. The truck mode looks sweet, and a lot less blingtastic than the photos we've seen of it so far. Thank Primus they toned down the size of the exhaust pipes....they were starting to remind me of organ pipes in a church.
Re: Hasbro Press Event Coverage: First Images of Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Class Optimus Prime! (1522866)
Posted by Ketchup on October 9th, 2013 @ 7:01pm CDT
Overall, I like the design. The massive amounts of chrome is also welcomed.

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS MOVIE JAPAN EXCLUSIVE OPTIMUS PRIME SPYCHANGER 100% COMPLETE - Time Remaining: 3 days 15 hours 51 minutes 31 seconds
New Transformers Animated Sons of Cybertron Optimus Prime/Rodimus Limited Pack - Time Remaining: 3 days 11 hours 51 minutes 53 seconds
SDCC 2011 Exclusive Transformers Matrix of Leadership Optimus Prime - Time Remaining: 3 days 14 hours 7 minutes 17 seconds
*AUTOBOT WHIRL* 2004 Transformers Universe NEW UNOPENED Multi-Pack Ultra Class - Time Remaining: 3 days 9 hours 37 minutes 39 seconds
DEAD END Transformers Generation NEW UNOPENED TRU Asia EXCLUSIVE Hasbro Sealed - Time Remaining: 3 days 15 hours 22 minutes 45 seconds
Transformers Animated OPTIMUS PRIME Cybertron Mode *NEW UNOPENED* Action Figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 11 hours 52 minutes 50 seconds
LOCKDOWN Transformers Animated Deluxe Figure *New & Unopened" 2007 - Time Remaining: 3 days 20 hours 22 minutes 48 seconds
Transformers Generations FOC Optimus Prime, Jazz, Sideswipe MOSC!!! - Time Remaining: 4 days 17 hours 12 minutes 2 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #151 - SDCC 2016