Hasbro Toys"R"Us Masterpiece Grimlock and Prowl Images and Release Info

Transformers News: Hasbro Toys"R"Us Masterpiece Grimlock and Prowl Images and Release Info

Monday, April 28th, 2014 10:40PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 28,346

While not exactly breaking news, the official Transformers Facebook page has posted some images and release information on the upcoming Hasbro Masterpieces MP-03 Grimlock and MP-04 Prowl. Both will be Toys"R"Us exclusives, expect Grimlock to start arriving on store shelves soon with Prowl arriving in August.

Celebrate the 30th anniversary of the Transformers brand with the ultimate in Transformers action figures! Available exclusively at Toys "R" Us in North American and Asia, look for Masterpiece Grimlock in stores soon, with Masterpiece Prowl coming in August!

Transformers News: Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm ... Coming Soon!

Transformers News: Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm ... Coming Soon!

Transformers News: Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm ... Coming Soon!

Transformers News: Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm ... Coming Soon!

Transformers News: Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm ... Coming Soon!

Transformers News: Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm ... Coming Soon!
Credit(s): Transformers Facebook

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Hasbro Toys"R"Us Masterpiece Grimlock and Prowl Images and Release Info (1569710)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 28th, 2014 @ 10:44pm CDT
Second verse same as the first.
A little bit louder but not the least bit worse.
:P
Re: Hasbro Toys"R"Us Masterpiece Grimlock and Prowl Images and Release Info (1569719)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on April 28th, 2014 @ 11:11pm CDT
While I wish Grimmy had his accessories(apron, Computron helmut, etc.) if I see this I'll probably get it. I never got the first TRU version way back whenever, and his crown certainly does look nice. Now all he needs is a throne!
Re: Hasbro Toys"R"Us Masterpiece Grimlock and Prowl Images and Release Info (1569720)
Posted by Bounti76 on April 28th, 2014 @ 11:14pm CDT

Re: Hasbro Toys"R"Us Masterpiece Grimlock and Prowl Images and Release Info (1569721)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 28th, 2014 @ 11:18pm CDT
Bounti76 wrote:Also, I'm curious about the size of Prowl's packaging. I know the new MP packaging isn't one size fits all, but with as small as Prowl is in comparison to Acid Storm and Soundwave, I wonder if his box will be noticeably smaller, too.
Well, Acid Storm and Soundwave had differently-sized boxes from one another, so Prowl's box will probably be a different size too.
Re: Hasbro Toys"R"Us Masterpiece Grimlock and Prowl Images and Release Info (1569722)
Posted by MCutter on April 28th, 2014 @ 11:22pm CDT
Sweet! Can we get MP Grimlock re-added to the sightings page, please?
Re: Hasbro Toys"R"Us Masterpiece Grimlock and Prowl Images and Release Info (1569723)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on April 28th, 2014 @ 11:28pm CDT
Bounti76 wrote:Oh my gosh....I JUST noticed that in these pictures, Grimlock's dino-mode feet are turned backwards in the out of package pic. With the box presumably available as a reference. Photography fail. :lol:

#-o
Re: Hasbro Toys"R"Us Masterpiece Grimlock and Prowl Images and Release Info (1569724)
Posted by Bounti76 on April 28th, 2014 @ 11:28pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Right...I just wonder exactly how small it will be. I have both Soundwave and Acid Storm, but I like seeing size comparisons. Wish they'd shown a picture of him next to his box so I could get an idea.
Re: Hasbro Toys"R"Us Masterpiece Grimlock and Prowl Images and Release Info (1569726)
Posted by Seibertron on April 28th, 2014 @ 11:36pm CDT
MCutter wrote:Sweet! Can we get MP Grimlock re-added to the sightings page, please?

Ask and you shall receive!

http://www.seibertron.com/sightings/ind ... terpiece43
Re: Hasbro Toys"R"Us Masterpiece Grimlock and Prowl Images and Release Info (1569730)
Posted by Seibertron on April 28th, 2014 @ 11:40pm CDT

I volunteer for freelance work so long as I can share my photos on Seibertron.com.

Re: Hasbro Toys"R"Us Masterpiece Grimlock and Prowl Images and Release Info (1569731)
Posted by AutobotAlvaron on April 29th, 2014 @ 12:12am CDT
Is it just my monitor, or does the clear plastic on Grimlock's dino-neck & robot-chest have a yellow-greenish tint? Also, I'm worried about actually being able to find Prowl in-store or to catch one on-line at TRU.com. |:|
Re: Hasbro Toys"R"Us Masterpiece Grimlock and Prowl Images and Release Info (1569752)
Posted by Torneira on April 29th, 2014 @ 1:43am CDT
Re: Hasbro Toys"R"Us Masterpiece Grimlock and Prowl Images and Release Info (1569755)
Posted by robotmel on April 29th, 2014 @ 2:32am CDT
Torneira wrote:What's so exclusive about these toys? Aside from the boxart obviously , they are the same as the Takara release. :-? :???:
:-?
These will be 'exclusively' released to general retail via Toys 'R' Us stores. ;)
Re: Hasbro Toys"R"Us Masterpiece Grimlock and Prowl Images and Release Info (1569770)
Posted by Grendelspyce on April 29th, 2014 @ 6:16am CDT
Re: Hasbro Toys"R"Us Masterpiece Grimlock and Prowl Images and Release Info (1569772)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on April 29th, 2014 @ 6:22am CDT
MY CREDIT CARD IS READY
Re: Hasbro Toys"R"Us Masterpiece Grimlock and Prowl Images and Release Info (1569778)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 29th, 2014 @ 6:58am CDT
AutobotAlvaron wrote:Is it just my monitor, or does the clear plastic on Grimlock's dino-neck & robot-chest have a yellow-greenish tint?

You're right, it does have a slight tint. It appears a bit greenish, as the blue tint and the yellow chest mix up.

Bounti76 wrote:Is anyone besides me tempted to get another MP Grimlock so I can open one? (I still have the original MISP)

The 1 I have is out of the box and on a shelf. How can you keep an awesome figure like that imprisoned? It needs to roam free! :D That reminds me, he's been in the same position since I got him 3 years ago. :lol:
Re: Hasbro Toys"R"Us Masterpiece Grimlock and Prowl Images and Release Info (1569781)
Posted by TimothyR on April 29th, 2014 @ 7:22am CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:

yeah.. i always find it extremely lame when people keep such great figures in a box.. spend all that money just for a box... lame.

such an insult to the engineers and designers of the toy.
Re: Hasbro Toys"R"Us Masterpiece Grimlock and Prowl Images and Release Info (1569784)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 29th, 2014 @ 7:28am CDT
Grendelspyce wrote:Where did those shoulder mounted missile launchers come from in the Seinertron pic of Prowl?
Amazon Japan, originally. Though, I wouldn't know where Ryan got those particular ones since other online retailers have gotten a hold of some of those missile launchers from Amazon. But they originally came from Amazon Japan since one missile launcher each was their incentive exclusive for purchasing Prowl or Streak from that site.
Re: Hasbro Toys"R"Us Masterpiece Grimlock and Prowl Images and Release Info (1569825)
Posted by Lango7 on April 29th, 2014 @ 11:23am CDT
I scaled up the Prowl box in PS and I estimate it is going to be 10" x 10". Unless this fig comes with the amazon launchers I am going to pass since I already own the TT version. The box is just too big and my TT version is perfect.
Re: Hasbro Toys"R"Us Masterpiece Grimlock and Prowl Images and Release Info (1569854)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on April 29th, 2014 @ 12:29pm CDT
Re: Hasbro Toys"R"Us Masterpiece Grimlock and Prowl Images and Release Info (1569858)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 29th, 2014 @ 12:36pm CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:any word on pricing? id like to pick these up but only if they are at a decent price

I want to say that Grimlock is the usual $75, while Prowl is like $50-ish.

Ending Soon On eBay

SDCC 2014 Transformers Masterpiece MP-04 Autobot Prowl Hasbro TRU Exclusive - Time Remaining: 6 days 9 hours 25 minutes 28 seconds
New NIB Takara Transformers AD22 Galvatron Age of Extinction Import Japan F/S - Time Remaining: 8 days 4 hours 1 minute 47 seconds
New Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-25 Tracks Import Japan F/S - Time Remaining: 6 days 9 hours 16 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers Movie All Spark Power Deluxe Autobot Cliffjumper Figure Red Camaro - Time Remaining: 6 days 8 hours 17 minutes 50 seconds
Transformers Classic Universe Action Figure Tankor With Melee Blade RID New MOSC - Time Remaining: 6 days 22 minutes 31 seconds
Quickswitch Left Laser Rifle G1 Transformers 1988 Vintage Hasbro Action Figure - Time Remaining: 6 days 23 hours 38 minutes 28 seconds
Quickswitch Right Laser Rifle G1 Transformers 1988 Vintage Hasbro Action Figure - Time Remaining: 6 days 23 hours 38 minutes 28 seconds
Predaking Tantrum Foot G1 Transformers 1986 Vintage Hasbro Action Figure - Time Remaining: 6 days 20 hours 53 minutes 32 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #154 - The Misfits