Transformers News: Hasbro Transformers: Age of Extinction Website Updated: Games, Bios, Product Descriptions

Monday, April 21st, 2014 1:04PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News, Company News, Media
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 43,059

The official Hasbro Transformers website has finally shed its Beast Hunters skin to assume the Age of Extinction mantle! The site now has: a welcome section featuring the five main characters of the upcoming movie (Optimus, Bumblebee, Grimlock, Drift and Lockdown) showing them off in their Robots in Disguise (One-Step, Flip and Change, Smash and Change) plastic incarnations; a Games section, with an Energon Rally interactive racing game; a Toys section, with the One-Step, Flip and Change and Power Punch products; a Bots section with bios for the main characters, from Galvatron to Scorn, Slash, to Strafe, Stinger, Hound and Lockdown; a Videos section, with the teaser trailer, full trailer and First Edition Optimus Prime demo video; and of course, the Shop link, with none of the products avaialable yet. Head here to check all the sections out!

Credit(s): Hasbro

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Hasbro Transformers: Age of Extinction Website Updated: Games, Bios, Product Descriptions (1567159)
Posted by MantaScorp on April 21st, 2014 @ 2:19pm CDT

And Galvatron seems to have switched sides! :lol:

http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/en_U ... FF20:en_US
Re: Hasbro Transformers: Age of Extinction Website Updated: Games, Bios, Product Descriptions (1567162)
Posted by dreadwing95 on April 21st, 2014 @ 2:27pm CDT
MantaScorp wrote:Strafe looks incorrectly transformed in dino mode. Gotta push the head together!

And Galvatron seems to have switched sides! :lol:

http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/en_U ... FF20:en_US

that makes me really happy. so i guess hes might be built from parts from him but hes got a different personality
Re: Hasbro Transformers: Age of Extinction Website Updated: Games, Bios, Product Descriptions (1567163)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 21st, 2014 @ 2:31pm CDT
dreadwing95 wrote:

And Galvatron seems to have switched sides! :lol:

http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/en_U ... FF20:en_US

It's a website goof, as the packaging still has the :CON: next to his name.
Re: Hasbro Transformers: Age of Extinction Website Updated: Games, Bios, Product Descriptions (1567176)
Posted by Delta Magnus on April 21st, 2014 @ 3:04pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:This figure is not looking good, as revealed in in this review - http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-feedback/981617-aoe-leader-grimlock.html

[quote]After getting Voyager Grimlock I had really high hopes that Leader Grimlock would make up for some of his shortcomings, this proved to be wrong. The figure while engineered to obviously be much bigger is in many ways more simplistic than the voyager mode and overall I was not particularly happy with him.

One huge call out to start us with… the chrome, my god the chrome! If you feel that Hasbro hasn’t been using chrome enough then this is the guy for you because he’s covered in it. And in a lovely turn of events it begins chipping pretty much right out of the box. I have several spots on mine (mostly on the T-Rex head) where chrome has already flecked away. Such a pain!

Box:

Bot Mode:

Fresh out of the case he is in his bot mode, his directions however have him in T-Rex mode and it can be a bit of a pain to follow them backwards, but that’s jumping ahead.

Leaders have apparently gotten smaller. Grimlock is dwarfed by every other movie leader I own and while height wise he looks just slightly shorter, you can tell when holding him that there is much less mass in the figure then there have been in the previous movie leader-size figures.

He has 17 points of articulation, depending on how you’re counting. His head turns, but cannot be moved in any other way. His arms… are a pain for posing! Here are his shoulders folded all the way down:

Here are his arms the very next click outwards:

Let me make this clear, there is no in-between on these two points! You’re left trying to pose his forearms as much as possible to make up for this. Speaking of his forearms, the kibble from his feet is much less than that of Voyager Grimlock , but it in turn leads to the legs of T-Rex mode looking much more simplistic.

I have some good news for you if you’re not a fan of the whole elf shoe thing that Grimlocks have been sporting. Here is how the directions say his feet should be:

Here is how I believe 95% of the fandom will choose to keep theirs:

Weapons, he comes with his big mace thing and a shield that clips on to his forearm. The mace grips in very tight with his hands you shouldn’t have trouble posing it. Both combine to form the tail in his T-Rex form.

Some comparison shots:

T-Rex Mode:

I would not call this a T-Rex anymore. He is clearly an Asian themed dinosaur/dragon thing. Unlike the voyager, his horns/ears cannot be folded down or in any way covered up. They are out there permanently.

Size wise he is maybe 30%-40% larger than the voyager in this mode, but much less poseable. His arms fit so high on his body that when fully extended they barely clear his chest, let alone his head. His tail has no articulation at all. In fact his tail is so short it’s almost funny.

His jaw is poseable, unlike the voyager one, but that’s really one of the few areas where he is superior.

Are those his bot fists clearly sitting on the back of his feet? Why yes they are!

My original plan was to keep voyager in T-Rex and leader in bot mode. Then when I saw how weak the voyager T-Rex was I planned on doing the opposite. Now however I have switched back again and Leader will be remaining in his bot mode. So long as it is very far away from every other leader I own so that he doesn’t look tiny in comparison!

Overall:

I’d still get him, because I’m a hardcore Grimlock fan, but I see a lot of fans passing on him and/or being disappointed with him.
[/quote]

Major latesauce, i know, but...I actually like the look of Leader Grimmy. I will confess to being a major whore for chrome, and I'm not gonna lie, that shiny dino skull looks killer. Likewise, the chrome on his dino back looks good, although the fact it gives him shiny inner legs is odd. Still, I'd buy him for the chromed noggin alone.

Also, I've realized what the problem is with the dino proportions. The neck is actually the correct length. The problem is that the tail is too short, but more importantly, the arms are way too small, even for a T-Rex. I reckon if you took the dino arms off and replaced them with some bigger ones (which shouldn't be too hard- just get a suitable pair of arms, a 3mm drill and a set of Revoltech joints and you're good to go) he'd look much better.

I like the mace a lot more too. It looks more Bay-y than the black corncob o' doom on the Voyager.

So, yeah. I think I love this figure. I might just buy it. Well, once I've gotten the other figures I'm after anyway (Scorn, Slug, Strafe, and a bunch of Unicron Trilogy and Animated figures I've taken a liking too)...

Oh who am I kidding, if I see him for a good price and my bank account is healthy, he's mine.
Re: Hasbro Transformers: Age of Extinction Website Updated: Games, Bios, Product Descriptions (1567369)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on April 21st, 2014 @ 11:17pm CDT
In that website, for those transforming animations they have added articulation (like knees) that the real toys don't have :-x
Re: Hasbro Transformers: Age of Extinction Website Updated: Games, Bios, Product Descriptions (1567427)
Posted by Dr Va'al on April 22nd, 2014 @ 7:29am CDT
In what might be more images from issue 195 of Figure King (source is yet unconfirmed), we get a look at the Takara Lost Age Voyager Grimlock - sporting G1 colour deco, just like the recently reported Slug exclusive! The images come from Twitter user NiraTama24, and 2Chan, both mirrored below for your viewing. The second image also reveals some redecos of the Generations Legends Targetmasters, into what seems to be a black Roller, a red Blazemaster, a blue/yellow Waspinator, and a blue/gray Chop Shop.

Re: Hasbro Transformers: Age of Extinction Website Updated: Games, Bios, Product Descriptions (1567430)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on April 22nd, 2014 @ 7:34am CDT
Hm, interesting. Need to see a better picture, but I like the G1 rout they're going with Dinobot repaints I'll never get.
Re: Hasbro Transformers: Age of Extinction Website Updated: Games, Bios, Product Descriptions (1567445)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 22nd, 2014 @ 8:10am CDT
Re: Hasbro Transformers: Age of Extinction Website Updated: Games, Bios, Product Descriptions (1567448)
Posted by Dr Va'al on April 22nd, 2014 @ 8:14am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Wait! Look at that second pic of Grimlock! Next to him are redecos of the Generations Legends Targetmasters. A black Roller, a red Blazemaster, a blue/yellow Waspinator, and a blue/gray Chop Shop.

#-o

I wrote a line about those, and it forgot to save. Let me go re-add it.
Re: Hasbro Transformers: Age of Extinction Website Updated: Games, Bios, Product Descriptions (1567451)
Posted by Peridot on April 22nd, 2014 @ 8:20am CDT
A red Blazemaster? I really hope that means we're getting a Hot Shot out of Legends Bumblebee... :PRAY:
Re: Hasbro Transformers: Age of Extinction Website Updated: Games, Bios, Product Descriptions (1567466)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on April 22nd, 2014 @ 9:12am CDT
You know the movie generations toys being marketed to collectors seems suspicious so far. The stuff that Takara is doing is homaging differing elements of the franchise from the past e.g. Dispensor, G1 Grimlock, stuff that younger fans might not know about. Meanwhile Hasbro's toys are no different than what we've been having for a long time. Does anyone think that Hasbro is just saying that the toys are marketed to collectors, meanwhile knowing that most kids are just going to buy them anyway. I mean is we hadn't been told that it was marketed towards collectors that wouldn't have been anywhere close to my first reaction. Really makes you wonder what's going on behind the scenes.
Re: Hasbro Transformers: Age of Extinction Website Updated: Games, Bios, Product Descriptions (1567557)
Posted by Downbeat on April 22nd, 2014 @ 2:23pm CDT

courtesy of Hasbro's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
[quote]In celebration of Earth Day, we’ve partnered with Waste Management to bring you an exclusive reveal of a new toy based on a character from Transformers: Age of Extinction — Junkheap. Power Battler Junkheap features a crushing attack claw that when activated can turn Autobots into scrap! Look for this figure on shelves this fall.[/quote]
Re: Hasbro Transformers: Age of Extinction Website Updated: Games, Bios, Product Descriptions (1567560)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on April 22nd, 2014 @ 2:45pm CDT
Found this on Facebook ,

Re: Hasbro Transformers: Age of Extinction Website Updated: Games, Bios, Product Descriptions (1567565)
Posted by Noideaforaname on April 22nd, 2014 @ 2:51pm CDT
Pretty cool novelty, but why'd they have to use one of the gimmicky lines? Bah...
Re: Hasbro Transformers: Age of Extinction Website Updated: Games, Bios, Product Descriptions (1567568)
Posted by craggy on April 22nd, 2014 @ 3:05pm CDT
I like the colours. What was a Power Battler again?
Re: Hasbro Transformers: Age of Extinction Website Updated: Games, Bios, Product Descriptions (1567569)
Posted by El Duque on April 22nd, 2014 @ 3:07pm CDT
To coincide with Earth Day, the official Transformers Facebook page has revealed Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Battler Junkheap, a Decepticon garbage truck is a collaboration with Waste Management. Fans will remember one the Decepticon soldier in Transformers: Dark of the Moon scanned a garbage truck during the final battle in Chicago. A similar garbage truck was during the filming of Transformers: Age of Extinction, but has yet to be revealed as an actual Transformer. Check out the image mirrored below:

Re: Hasbro Transformers: Age of Extinction Website Updated: Games, Bios, Product Descriptions (1567570)
Posted by GuyIncognito on April 22nd, 2014 @ 3:07pm CDT
That's cool, but I wish it were a normal figure, not a gimmick figure.

Also, as a civilian service vehicle, it seems like this should be an Autobot.
Re: Hasbro Transformers: Age of Extinction Website Updated: Games, Bios, Product Descriptions (1567572)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 22nd, 2014 @ 3:10pm CDT
It's another of Galvatron's posse:

Re: Hasbro Transformers: Age of Extinction Website Updated: Games, Bios, Product Descriptions (1567573)
Posted by Noideaforaname on April 22nd, 2014 @ 3:15pm CDT
He just HAD to be one of those one-step gimmicky figures...

You'd think he'd have just been a reshell of one of the various Long Hauls, given that he's basically him.
Re: Hasbro Transformers: Age of Extinction Website Updated: Games, Bios, Product Descriptions (1567580)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on April 22nd, 2014 @ 3:30pm CDT
Might as well merge this thread , i should have put it in the AOE thread but i wasn't sure about it .

I hope this gets a Voyager i've been wanting one since DOTM .